Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

WELCOME to the 18th floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 51 floors to go to reach 69 again!

In honor of the phenomonal performance of "300", which continues to break box office records around the world this floor is dedicate to that continuing success. Both the film and our favorite star have hit the big time in a big way. From internet take-offs to TV shows parodying the film, the juggernaut continues, building to cultural icon status. Even as the film leaves some theaters in the U.S. it is still blazing through the rest of the world. This is also the floor to encourage each other to participate in the FurCedes gift to Gerry by sending him personal congratulations for this PHENOM.

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SUSAN!! Thanks for starting this new floor of the SC!! :claphands:

I just got an email from "Claire Fraser" all the way over in Scotland!! Lucky girl!!

I also just hit 2001 posts!! But I'll miss being Leo's Leather Thong Gal!! :kisswink:

Hi Ladies!! Hope everyone has/is having a good night!!

Just wanted to ask if anyone saw darling Halle Berry on the View a couple days ago? I don't really watch the show like I used to...it gives me a headache...too many loud obnoxious self-centered women. Anyways...

Halle was talking about losing it with an interviewer, and it made me think of Gerry and all the demands of the press for 300. She said she was being asked so many "dumb, and annoying questions", and going thru the interviews with all "the same questions over and over", and finally she said she got to one reporter and was so "frustrated and angry" by that point that she took it out on him.

It was interesting to see her admitting how going thru all the press junket interviews made her frustrated and even angry. She even mentioned reporters bringing up stuff from interviews that happened ten years ago. So she said she turned the tables on him and asked him the questions, including questions about his personal life.

Just a little insight, that's all.

I hope I don't bore all you Gals but I just got the pictures of my oldest nephew, Blayne, with his date for the prom. And I just had to share them. This was his first prom.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nancy that is intresting to know thanks for sharing. I always miss the View, so I didn't see it.

Hugs

Erica

Just dropping in for a quick plea for help. If you haven't been voting in the "Character Survivor" game, please drop in and cast your vote. We are down to Erik our darling Phantom and Leo, the hot Spartan. Both sides have made convincing arguments, but we must save our favorite.....cough(Erik)cough before his boat is sunk and he will be exiled! HELP!!!

What? Hey, this is fair - the other guys got help from the Gutter Gals for Leo, can we do any less??? SAVE ERIK!!!

Sue

That Survivor thread is creeping in everywhere these days. It's nice to see more people involved, makes it more fun. *cougheriktowincough*

Hey Swan, I meant to ask about your teeth. Was this the veneer work? Or other stuff? And how are you feeling today? Better I hope. :hug:

Nancy I agree about the View. I used to watch it, but a certain addition has just made my teeth hurt. No respect for other opinions. Ticks me off.

Erica- your nephew is a cutey and I love her dress!

Oh and KB I meant to respond on the last floor that I loved that story you shared about the two wolves. I've heard it before, but it bares repeating.

Happy Hump Day everyone. You should pop down to the gutter and see how we celebrate Wednesday! :cunning:

Edited by DawnS
Guest greyeyegoddess

Hello fans!

I am so giddy when I got online...to hear that Gerry's going to receive an award for his work in 300. Fantastic! I hope it is the first of many, many long awaited and deserving accolades and achievements that he gets. The ball is rolling and it ain't going to stop.

Letters and checks are coming in...I'm sure many of you have a lot of things to say to Gerry.

~alice

:music:4

Hello lovely ladies. Just a quick drop by to say hello. Who knew a new floor was started. I'm home sick, but what's new. I've just decided to get out of bed and search the net for a small bit then I'm going back to lay down. I've watched so many British period piece dramas in the last day 1/2 that I find myself speaking in their tone. I'm using terms such as "most agreeable" or "Pardon me for the intrusion", etc. Who knew that I could be so polite. :confused:

Erica - Your nephew is very cute. Ah Prom - those were the days. *sigh*

All you lovely GALS have a good one!

Cassie

Hi girls how is everybody. I just got back from exercise class at the YMCA. It is so cold out and the wind is blowing real hard. This weather is so strange. Makes all my joints ache. It sure is great about Gerry being acknowleged by the stunt community. Can't wait to see the awards show in May. I love that fight sequence he does in 300, it is so sexy. I never miss an action movie, just love them and that fight sequence was even better than the one in Matrix Revolution because he did it all himself. Well I'm off to make some soup for dinner. :wave: Everyone have a nice day.

Yes, it was the prep work for my veneers... and my gums and teeth still ache. The permanent veneers will be set in place on May 1st. I must admit, I did not expect this post pain and tiredness in my body.

This is a gift from my hubby, and I am sure that once I see the finished product, I will be thrilled. I needed to have two front upper teeth done due to a childhood injury to my teeth, so hubby just went ahead and set me up for 6 new veneers.

I am very happy for Gerry and his award, but neither my hubby and I slept well last night. Between my pain and the tragedy in Virginia, my emotions are a bit raw.... so we stayed up and watched the news coverage and talked. I think I got about 3 hours of sleep is all.

Hugs to all you lovely GALS.

Swannie

Hey jesusita! :wave: Welcome!!

When I drove to work today, I caught notice of all the half-masked flags. I'm largely troubled by what happened at Virginia Tech, as we all are. Whenever this sort of thing happens, fingers start pointing... it's the republicans' fault for making access to guns too easy...it's the democrats' fault for not allowing enough citizens to carry concealed weapons to protect themselves...it's the fault of violent films...the fault of violent video games...the fault of parents...teachers...peers...the list goes on.

I'm sick of finger-pointing. I'd rather point at myself...do my best to be a better person.

~Mel

I agree Mel, finger pointing accomplishes nothing good. The fact is, evil exists in our world, and some people are mentally unstable. What happened in Virginia is tragedy that might have been prevented, if we knew how to deal with people who exhibit the violent and sick tendencies of the murderer.

How do you stop evil? An age old question.

I did go to the memorial site here: http://rosa.hosting.vt.edu/index.php/memorial/

Where people are leaving their condolences.

Swannie

:wave: Mel...I see you down there!!! I thought about you and the other GALS who are college students a lot yesterday in light of what happened at Virginia Tech. so so sad....

Erica, the pictures of your nephew are great! Thanks for sharing.

I'm a little sad today....I received a newspaper article about my step daughter. It was put in the paper down where we used to live. It was put out by a group called Crime Stoppers, asking for any information on Danna's disappearance many years ago. It is a cold case now but the police are really pushing the investigation...I just wish they had done this over 10 years ago when we pleaded with them that Danna did NOT just walk away from her daughter and that her boyfriend had something to do with it. They wouldn't listen than...but now they believe that she disappeared under "suspicious circumstances". It was just seeing Danna's picture ....well, it just has gotten to me....

Cassie, I hope your ears are getting better.

hugs to all!

love,

Sue

:wave: Mel...I see you down there!!! I thought about you and the other GALS who are college students a lot yesterday in light of what happened at Virginia Tech. so so sad....

Erica, the pictures of your nephew are great! Thanks for sharing.

I'm a little sad today....I received a newspaper article about my step daughter. It was put in the paper down where we used to live. It was put out by a group called Crime Stoppers, asking for any information on Danna's disappearance many years ago. It is a cold case now but the police are really pushing the investigation...I just wish they had done this over 10 years ago when we pleaded with them that Danna did NOT just walk away from her daughter and that her boyfriend had something to do with it. They wouldn't listen than...but now they believe that she disappeared under "suspicious circumstances". It was just seeing Danna's picture ....well, it just has gotten to me....

Cassie, I hope your ears are getting better.

hugs to all!

love,

Sue

:comfort: Big {{HUGS}} to you my Sweet Sue, I am not familiar with that story but I'm sure it must be an awful load to carry with you for all this many years... My heart goes out to you Hon.

Erica, your nephew and his date are so precious...I remember when................ Well maybe not quite that far back! Thanks for sharing them Sweetie.

Mel, I totally agree with you! Gheesh...you just can't point a finger a any one particular source. A time like this is when everyone should come together if not for anything else at least for the devistated families. May God Bless them and help them to find the strength to come to grips with this tragic event in their lives...

{{{HUGS}}} to you all and if any of you want to vote in the survivor thread ...come on down. You have two choices as to who is going to be the last man standing Erik or Erik whoops I mean Leo!

Fran

Sue, I am so sorry about your step daughter. That's just heartbreaking, especially when the police wouldn't listen to you so long ago when there was still a possibility that something could have been done. God grant that at least you will have closure one day!

By the way, if anyone is trying to PM Lady Elissa, her phone lines and DSL and fax are all out. It's the 2nd time in two weeks, and she is royally pissed! At least the phone company admitted it's their equipment, not hers so the fight is on. Hopefully, she will be back on line tomorrow night, they promissed she'd have service restored by 7:00pm.

Sue

Thank you Gals, I thought my nephew looked very handsome but I am bias. There is a story with his date. For most of the school year he was going out with his dates younger sister then a few weeks ago they broke up. Then the girl he took to the prom, the older sister, asked him to the prom, and now the two sister are not speaking to one another. Wow to have that teenage drama again.

Well for the past couple of weeks we have been having nice weather, about 65 to 70 degrees in the day. But today it is 30 degrees and snowing. Yuck I hate it.

Sue I am so sorry about your step daughter.

Mel I agree with you totally. I just can't believe the violence humans can be capable of.

Well hugs to all

Erica

Erica dont you just love the drama of High school stuff and love!!!! My Hannah is 13 and I don't know how many boys she has had crushes on already. She had one dance already she was so excited. Alice HI, Mel, Swannie I hope you get well really really soon that mouth stuff is awful I know. Sue (tex) yeah we need our Erik to stay, He is my heart. :yippee: I had a better day today going to a dietician to teach me how to eat diabetic way. gosh, what else. It was a beautiful day down here again and cool again tonight. Zany hope your snow is about gone it keeps coming back and then the rains. my cousin in Mass sent me pics of Nashua OH boy. Looks like I am not going to make it to NH at all this year after all. But thats ok. there will be a next time I pray. ya'll have a good night. lu lu lots without you GALS I don't know what I would do. I mean that. Betts :hearts:

Thank you Frannie, Sue and Erica for your kind thoughts. Yes Sue, we do hope to get closure one day. Danna was in a very bad relationship and we always worried that it would one day end in tragedy and we have always felt that day came .... but because Danna was an adult and her boyfriend said she just walked out and left him (and their daughter) the police never really pressed it. But in the almost 11 years since, her social security number, driver's liscense or credit cards have never been used....so in the past couple of years they have finally come to believe that she was the victim of foul play .... we will have to wait and see if they can ever find out what happened. Months after Danna disappeared Dan and I made a trip to Jerusalem and we had better luck than Gerry did (with his cigarettes)....we gave God our heartache and asked Him to give us the peace to go on and He did...I think it was just the shock of seeing Danna's picture and the article that got to me today. Well, I'm sorry .... I don't want to bring anyone down....so back to nice stuff and Gerry!

Betts, I'm so glad that they have finally sent you to a dietician! Maybe you will be able to control the diabetes with diet and get off all of that medication that makes you feel so bad! That would be wonderful!

Erica, what a story! As Betts said....ahhh the drama of high school love!

Poor Elissa, I'd be having fits!

hugs to all!

love,

Sue

Hey Ladies...Hi! :wave:

I really can't take much more of my VERY slow computer!! :killcomp:

Can SOMEONE PLEASE tell me where to vote on the Gerry Survivor thread??? All I see is the thread everyone's posting on, but I see NOwhere to vote... :confused:

I think you're not telling me cuz you're afraid I'll try to vote for Attila, (even tho you guys already voted him off!) :tantrum::funnyface:

I got Butler-ized :barebum: once again today!! It was great!! :leochest: :swoon: :KingLeo:

Edited by Attila Girl

Hi Nancy,

You vote right there on the thread....just say whether you want Erik to stay and win (which I know you do...hint hint); or Leo. Bella (God help her) will tally it all after the time has run out.

Nancy, when you vote for the survivor make sure you stress which character GOES. Some of the votes have been hard to understand. Bella is trying to plow through hundreds of posts to glean who wants what, so the clearer, the better. coughLeoGoescough....coughErikStayscough . Darn, I gotta go find some cough syrup!

Seriously, I hope everyone votes and follows their own choice. There is a VERY hot debate going on over there!

The next survivor is going to be equally tough - Voting on which Gerry MOVIE shoud survive. Ho Boy!! The fight will be on!

Sue

I VOTED!! It's the only time I've ever voted through the whole thing and much as I love Leo (hey, would that be a fun sitcom?) I had to vote for Erik to be the ultimate Survivor because it is HE who brought me to the wonderful world of Gerryfandom.

Just an update on Bill: We thought he was recovering from this flare-up, and he even went to work (light duty) on tuesday and wednesday... feeling better and getting around pretty well. But yesterday he came home all twisted up and bent over again. He immediately went back to bed, and then this morning, while getting ready to go his doctor's appt, he just collapsed. He says it's like his back gives way, and he cannot remain standing.

Nathan has taken him to his appt, and I hope he will get a referral to a specialist. The problem appears to be more serious than we first thought.

Please keep him in your prayers.

Love,

Swannie