Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
parislovesgerry

Who is this man, really?

Fran - I think my favorite descriptive word for Gerry is dichotomy. So much of him is like two sides of a coin and that is part of why he is just so fascinating.

Now Susan how are we pronouncing that word?? Because if it's the way I think....I'm with ya Hon!!!hehehehehehehehehe.....................I can't help it I'm in a slump and need a Gerry fix!!!

:cunning: Fran

Gerry is hyper and easily distracted. He invariably goes down bunny trails when he answers interviewer questions. He rambles on and on in a stream of consciousness sort of way, and then says 'Em, what was the question?' and does that little high-pitched titter. He's disorganized, and notoriously late to just about everything (from what we've heard).

I think Gerry is very anxious to know what people think of him, but is also a bit afraid to find out. I believe him when he says "I'm sh-t, I'm sh-t" "I'm not that special" and then, all of the sudden, "I'm God."

He can be transparent, vulnerable, and full of nervous energy, yet scrappy and edgy-he WON'T be pushed around. He may be easily provoked and then look out.

Wouldn't want to get him riled up (although I would like to get him riled up in non-angry way :kisswink: ).

He would be a dangerous opponent in love and war.

I have a strange mix of motherly devotion and basic lust for Gerry. I wouldn't know whether to put him to bed or take him with me.

Oh, and his puppy ate a cigarette once. :lolita:

(I hadn't heard the homeless people story-what else did you GALS hear at Vegas that the rest of us missed? Do tell!)

Edited by moomoo22

I have a strange mix of motherly devotion and basic lust for Gerry. I wouldn't know whether to put him to bed or take him with me.

My thought' s!

He is friendly and scottish...two facts that i love, especially cause of his accent

Gerry is hyper and easily distracted. He invariably goes down bunny trails when he answers interviewer questions. He rambles on and on in a stream of consciousness sort of way, and then says 'Em, what was the question?' and does that little high-pitched titter. He's disorganized, and notoriously late to just about everything (from what we've heard).

I think Gerry is very anxious to know what people think of him, but is also a bit afraid to find out. I believe him when he says "I'm sh-t, I'm sh-t" "I'm not that special" and then, all of the sudden, "I'm God."

He can be transparent, vulnerable, and full of nervous energy, yet scrappy and edgy-he WON'T be pushed around. He may be easily provoked and then look out.

Wouldn't want to get him riled up (although I would like to get him riled up in non-angry way :kisswink: ).

(I hadn't heard the homeless people story-what else did you GALS hear at Vegas that the rest of us missed? Do tell!)

That was a good read!

I must say...Gerry is a very interesting individual, which is just one of many things I love about this man. It also sounds to me like it would take one hell of a woman to stand by his side. He seems to indeed need a strong minded, no non-sense lady to take care of his mind as well as his physical self.

He needs absolute love! A soul-mate. I pray he finds her.

Heck, some dogs will eat a ANYTHING! I know Sam (my shih tzu) eats grapes, string beans and other things...but ciggys? I just about peed on myself hearing that one, LOL.

Paris. :lolita:

The Scotsman March 17, 2007 Interview

Hey There,

I hadn't seen this interview before so it was a fun read. It shows the Human side of Gerry. I especially like this last part....(also, tells of Oscar night and Lolita that Susanne wrote about) Also...I guess Gerry has now purchased a home or "place" in CA now....

"Whether these films turn Butler into a star of Tom Cruise proportions or not, you get the feeling he'll take it all in his stride. He's already got a fanbase of unbelievable proportions - do a Google search and you will find endless sites dedicated to him. One of them - GerardButler.net - has had more than seven million visitors, sells Butler-related merchandise and raises tens of thousands of pounds for charity each year. Others organise conventions and radio broadcasts dedicated to him. They have Butler's full support. "It never ceases to amaze me how loyal, how passionate, how energetic and how much love and support they give me," he says. "I remember the first time I got fan mail, I was shocked. When the websites started appearing, there were other actors that I knew, who said, 'Don't pay any attention, they're all crazy.' How could you say that? If somebody's going to pay you respect or a compliment, what a horrible thing to turn round and say, 'No thank you.'

"I've never tried to play the 'cool, I've got it all together guy'. I'm very honest about what has happened in my life, so maybe people have identified with me as much for my imperfections as anything else."

Less than perfect, maybe, but he has his head screwed on. Ten years after knocking on Hollywood's door, Gerry Butler is on the verge on conquering it. And if it doesn't work out, chances are he'll still be joking around, throwing himself headfirst into filming, creating his own version of California dreaming. "

Linda (calm...)

:embarassed:

Oh, I hate to admit it, but this is exactly how I feel. My fantasies of Gerry run the gamut from friend to lover.

Susan - I love the word dichotomy: something with seemingly contradictory qualities. Does this describe our boy or not?

Dee

If it helps any to know, I am also one of the "conflicted" fans who thinks of Gerry in

more than one way. My "motherly" feelings usually prevail, but I do find myself often

looking at a photo or watching a Gerry movie and thinking, "HE IS HOT!!!! " In fact it

was just a year ago when I was actually quite distressed about my feelings. Of course,

Swannie and some other ladies here helped me to realize it was okay to have both

kinds of feelings.

There are even some who think I am "wierd" to think of Gerry as a son, in fact they don't

believe me. I have shared my feelings with my hubby who doesn't understand, but

accepts the fact that I have a "Phantom" son. I have grown to love this man, and I

am not ashamed for feeling the way I do. It isn't just a crush on a "movie star" but

something wonderful and positive and a big part of my life. I am fortunate that my

own family is tolerant, if not understanding.

What have I learned about Gerry? If you are ever lucky enough to see/meet him in

person he can, even in a few seconds, make you feel like you are the most important

person on earth!! He is totally genuine, and you can see into his soul through his eyes.

It is a wonderous experience. It just made me love him more.

Judy

Hi Judy :wave:

You know....I believe women in general feel all sorts of different connections to the men in their lives. Women are beautiful creatures and our hearts are bottomless!!! We care for people who we love in all sorts of different ways. Sometimes as a Mom, sometimes as a Lover, sometimes as a Clergyman, sometimes as a Doctor. We love them....so it's only natural to want to make sure they are safe and happy and we'll do what we can to ensure that!!! :inlove:

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I think about G in the romantic sense I'm sure as hell not my real age :rotflmao: I'm around 21 years old again with a killer bod and wonderfully toned skin and perky "everythings" :rotflmao:

It's all good!!! :claphands:

(((Hugs))))

Linda (calm...)

If it helps any to know, I am also one of the "conflicted" fans who thinks of Gerry in

more than one way. My "motherly" feelings usually prevail, but I do find myself often

looking at a photo or watching a Gerry movie and thinking, "HE IS HOT!!!! " In fact it

was just a year ago when I was actually quite distressed about my feelings. Of course,

Swannie and some other ladies here helped me to realize it was okay to have both

kinds of feelings.

There are even some who think I am "wierd" to think of Gerry as a son, in fact they don't

believe me. I have shared my feelings with my hubby who doesn't understand, but

accepts the fact that I have a "Phantom" son. I have grown to love this man, and I

am not ashamed for feeling the way I do. It isn't just a crush on a "movie star" but

something wonderful and positive and a big part of my life. I am fortunate that my

own family is tolerant, if not understanding.

What have I learned about Gerry? If you are ever lucky enough to see/meet him in

person he can, even in a few seconds, make you feel like you are the most important

person on earth!! He is totally genuine, and you can see into his soul through his eyes.

It is a wonderous experience. It just made me love him more.

Judy

I'm touched by your response. I do hope to meet him one day, or night! Thanks for sharing those very deep thoughts.

Paris.

That was a good read!

I must say...Gerry is a very interesting individual, which is just one of many things I love about this man. It also sounds to me like it would take one hell of a woman to stand by his side. He seems to indeed need a strong minded, no non-sense lady to take care of his mind as well as his physical self.

He needs absolute love! A soul-mate. I pray he finds her.

Heck, some dogs will eat a ANYTHING! I know Sam (my shih tzu) eats grapes, string beans and other things...but ciggys? I just about peed on myself hearing that one, LOL.

Paris. :lolita:

I'm right here, ready, willing and able! hehehe!!!! huggies, midnight!!!

Judy I'm right there with you Hon. I've got sons older than Gerry so when I started looking at him with the thoughts in my mind that have to be taken down to the over 18 thread ...I feel almost embarassed to admit this because of having sons older than him! I stopped feeling this way though when I joined this site. I found out I wasn't the only "more mature" person that thought of Gerry in this way! Now I just love living in my fantasy world sometimes...I agree with Linda ..oh yeah I'm young, got a great bod, and still have some fires burning .... due to a HOT SCOT we all know and lust ...em...love!

What a good read. I had just read about the Christmas phone call that occured two years ago - and I did cry. I do not have any other information...but everything I have read just makes me more of a fan every day.

Dichotomy....great word!

What a good read. I had just read about the Christmas phone call that occured two years ago - and I did cry. I do not have any other information...but everything I have read just makes me more of a fan every day.

Dichotomy....great word!

Now THAT was one special Christmas...for all of us.

Seeing if there's anything I could add...

Oh, just thought of something! Whenever he met someone famous when he was a kid, he always felt bad that he didn't know what to say to them, but in his own experience in being on the celebrity end, he said it's perfectly fine for a fan not to say anything.

I don't think I've really thought about it until now just how cool that is...

~Mel

:cunning:

:yippee:

Wow...who can ever know Gerry except those close to him and the man himself but for me he simply seems the most humble, kind, open, generous, sensitive, intelligent, changeable and many more characteristics. He just cannot understand why we all find him adorable, handsome, whatever...he doesn't know his own power over women...or maybe he does... :D who cares I'm almost old enough to be his mom and want ot care for him and CARE FOR HIM :heat: at the same time.... Wow...what would I do if he found his soul mate...cry I think, jealous defintely and then want him to be loved as he should be.... can he love just one woman though apart from his mom?... don't know... that may be his achilles heel and most precious gift that he LOVES ALL WOMEN... and he seems to genuinely love his fans, he is in short a WONDROUS, ENTHRALLING CONNUNDRUM who would be a nightmare to live with and live without once loved.... :inlove:

Oh yeah and in Dear Frankie he has moments where his mouth, jaw doesn't quite meet...OH I LOVE THAT it is so ADORABLE.....especially when he's really emotional...THUD... :heat:

:lolita:

xmargx

:cunning:

:yippee:

Wow...who can ever know Gerry except those close to him and the man himself but for me he simply seems the most humble, kind, open, generous, sensitive, intelligent, changeable and many more characteristics. He just cannot understand why we all find him adorable, handsome, whatever...he doesn't know his own power over women...or maybe he does... :D who cares I'm almost old enough to be his mom and want ot care for him and CARE FOR HIM :heat: at the same time.... Wow...what would I do if he found his soul mate...cry I think, jealous defintely and then want him to be loved as he should be.... can he love just one woman though apart from his mom?... don't know... that may be his achilles heel and most precious gift that he LOVES ALL WOMEN... and he seems to genuinely love his fans, he is in short a WONDROUS, ENTHRALLING CONNUNDRUM who would be a nightmare to live with and live without once loved.... :inlove:

Oh yeah and in Dear Frankie he has moments where his mouth, jaw doesn't quite meet...OH I LOVE THAT it is so ADORABLE.....especially when he's really emotional...THUD... :heat:

:lolita:

[color="#000080]That was great! Deep too.

As time goes by there are some other things that I see in him.

This man has a lot going on inside that he is strugling to subdue. I see also that he is all that you wonderful women are saying, but I am concerned about this "thing" that I can't put my finger on.[/color]xmargx

Judy I'm right there with you Hon. I've got sons older than Gerry so when I started looking at him with the thoughts in my mind that have to be taken down to the over 18 thread ...I feel almost embarassed to admit this because of having sons older than him! I stopped feeling this way though when I joined this site. I found out I wasn't the only "more mature" person that thought of Gerry in this way! Now I just love living in my fantasy world sometimes...I agree with Linda ..oh yeah I'm young, got a great bod, and still have some fires burning .... due to a HOT SCOT we all know and lust ...em...love!

LOL see I'm exactly the opposite! Gerry is more than 10 years my senior. I'm rarely attracted to guys over the age of 30, so I always sit here and think to myself, "Should I even be here?" haha. But, I think it's part of Gerry's appeal. He attracts a wide range of men and women.

LOL see I'm exactly the opposite! Gerry is more than 10 years my senior. I'm rarely attracted to guys over the age of 30, so I always sit here and think to myself, "Should I even be here?" haha. But, I think it's part of Gerry's appeal. He attracts a wide range of men and women.

I'm in the same boat... I've always seemed to have a thing for older guys, or, as the case may be, younger guys (legal ones, lol). I'm rarely interested in someone my own age...just hit and miss, I guess!

And yes, I agree...definitely part of Gerry's appeal that he attracts a wide age range.

~Mel

Hi Mel, just wanted to say that I saw you at the Vegascon, but didn't get the chance to meet you. Perhaps next year. I'm going to start hanging out in the gutter for a bit, LOL.

Gerry just seems like a great guy to know. Like he'd be such a dear friend.

Hi Mel, just wanted to say that I saw you at the Vegascon, but didn't get the chance to meet you. Perhaps next year. I'm going to start hanging out in the gutter for a bit, LOL.

Gerry just seems like a great guy to know. Like he'd be such a dear friend.

Heya Paris!! Man, I hate that I missed meeting so many people! Next year...definitely!

~Mel

I would first like to say that I have never met Gerry or will I ever have the opportunity to meet him. Now with that said and done I can throw in my two cents. To me from the interviews I have seen or heard, Gerry seems to be a down to earth guy. I have read that when he was younger and going to law school that he was a bit wild, but who wasn't a little crazy when they were younger. Now for the reason I think he is a down to earth guy is because first of all you never hear of any scandals about him. I am sure if he did have anything to hide that the entertainment media could dig up anything. Since we haven heard of it I bet there is nothing there to find. Also, in a few interviews I heard him talk about his mother. How many stars do that? I don't know of any. He also said that he can't wait to take his puppy to his homeland and see her run around the countryside. :lolita: That sounds like a romantic to me. Last but not least he has quickly gained a reputation as one of the nicest actors around, as he always takes time to socialize with fans and hangs out with crew members as much as co-stars on film sets. What do you all think?

:Welcome2: LisaKayy

I agree with all that you have said here. Even after more than 2 years of being smitten with Gerry, he still strikes me as one of "nice" guys out there with just the right amount of bad-boy thrown. :kisswink: I love how he talks about his mom and that he isn't afraid to discuss his imperfections as well.

Hope to see you round the boards, LisaKayy!!

One thing about Gerry really touches my heart. Gerry and I both lost loved ones to cancer. He has worked long and hard to support cancer charities. He is especially supportive of children's cancer charities, and gives both his name and money to these worthwhile causes.

Suzie

I also know what it is like to have a loved one lost to cancer. I feel for your lost.

Wow, Gerry not only talks the talk, but he walks the walk as well. He is a great actor, but more importantly he is a wonderful man! Every thing I have ever read about him makes my heart swell with pride. He embraces his fans and makes them feel welcome in his presense. That is a gift in it self. Thank you Gerry for everything you do, you make this world a better place by being yourself and your actions.

Its no wonder we all love you!

Gerry is, in a word...Pairfect.

He has mind, heart, body, and soul. Not only does he have them, but he uses them. Most men focus on one aspect of themselves and work it to death, but not Gerry. He has it all and he uses it all...to deadly effect to! ;)

LMAO I just rewatched some interviews of Gerry. I have to say Conain and Leno are my favorites. Gerry's laugh is infectious and when Gerry was talking about manscaping I almost choked on my water.

I think it is time to watch Phantom again. I need my Gerry fix, Wowsa!

Any man who holds his mum in such high regard is perfect. Such a lucky women to of diapered that sweet bum. Mmmmmm what I wouldn't do to be a pair of pants on that! Is it hot in here or is it just Gerry? :heat::drool1: