Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
ToJanieLoveJude

Where is he????!!!!!

With the publicity for the Japanese opening of 300 now starting you can be sure that there will be more news, interviews and photographs before too much longer.

Guest pilaraquarius

No worries GALS...

He's probably reading a flood of scripts and meeting behind the scenes with studio execs...

I'l bet you he's thinking a LOT about producing....maybe going in on his OWN production co.? Hmmmmm...

AND taking some R & R...

:wave:

Gerry-even just a little peek at you would be ok. Preferably in a sweater. :kisswink:

I know everyone is saying that he is probably taking a much needed rest and that is so true. I do think though being completely out of sight might not be a good thing...and not just for my own selfish reasons but for his career! I know he was kept pretty busy during the 300 explosion but now the dust has settled so to speak and not even a flicker??? It doesn't take long for people to forget you in this business and as much as I see a lot don't think it matters because he has us ...I disagree..If you are in demand (which he was for a bit) you will get the parts and recognition that gets you to the top! If that's where he wants to be that is. If not then I say ...he's doing it right. You have to admit A whole lotta people do not know the name Gerard Butler!!! In my opinion and notice I said MY OPINION I think one of his new movies should have come right out after 300!! Look how many of Hillary Swankes movies came out in such a short span of time... That's how you get your name known to the public and the BIG boys of the film industry!! I repeat...JMO!

:D Fran

I think we need to draw a distinction between Gerry being "seen" or "known" in the industry vs Gerry being "seen" or "known" to us, and the public in general. While we may not be seeing razzi pics or press photos that doesn't mean that what he is doing is taking a vacation. He may well be up to his eyeballs in professional meetings and script reviews that ARE keeping him in the tunnel vision of industry mogels even if WE aren't getting to see hide nor hair of his beautiful self.

We also need to TRY to accept (painfully perhaps) that there will be times that Gerry's career decisions don't turn out to be the right ones - for him or for us. He may choose (or be encouraged by managers) to take roles that don't further his career in a good way. I just figure that I'll continue to be here, supporting him all the way, no matter what those choices are - good and bad.

I've frequently said that since BOAW has almost no buzz around it that IMO a quick release dovetailing on the success of "300" might have been smart, but I also don't know how much time it takes to actually get a film into the theaters. How far in advance must a studio request theater space? With the huge number of big films coming out between this week and mid-summer there may have been no slots available to get BOAW out sooner unless it went for a very limited release, or the art house route. So maybe holding it until late summer will work best. Crossing fingers and toes!!

Don't hate me, but I'm sort of happy for a little bit of a rest, with 300 it was go go go and it's good to have a little bit of a break..it can get tiring. ;)

Plus Japan is coming up next month, you have to prepare yourself for that because as big as the Phantom premiere was there..this will be at least 5 times bigger.

Susan, I've heard there is a six month lead time before the release of a film especially a bigger one.

Edited by moonglow

Am I missing something or am I just dumb?? What has the Japan thingy have to do with the US?? I mean I know thry love him over there because lets face it ...they are very smart people...but I don't think that is going to bring him back out into the spot light here! If I'm wrong tell me cause "it could happen" :confused::D

:kisswink: Fran

Never mind :doh: I wasn't thinking about the premiere in Japan...That will be exciting and I WANNA go!!

:cunning: Fran

Edited by ladyfran

Gerry is on my couch watching tv. He took over the remote. He says hello to the gals. LOL.....( I wish!!!!)

If you are all tired after the 300 media blitz, just think how this man must feel? Hopefully, he is home alone and getting a bit of rest from all the prying eyes.

Edited by Gemmie

I, myself, think how does this man stay so healthy?

All someone has to do is sneeze or cough near me and I'm sick!

And the way he is constantly on the go would make my immune system freak out! lol

I just hope he is well and taking it easy.

Love ya Gerry.

I love to travel. But when I think of all the jetsetting Gerry was doing for a while, relating to 300, good grief.............most people would be exhausted. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

And don't you think he deserves a little break from the press? Just a little break? He probably is working behind the scenes, but if he wasn't, that would be alright too.............at least for a little while. Everyone needs a little down time to themselves.

In less than a month, he'll have another whirlwind in Japan.

Maybe he is thinking about venturing into producing. I should get my copy of Wrath of Gods sometime this week..........can't wait. he is co-producer of that. Maybe he will have other producing projects as well.

Just as long as we can still enjoy him as an actor, from time to time. (by the way, I don't think it's necessarily good for an actor to be in a godzillion number of films, unless they are GOOD films). Quality over quantity.

Edited by Emily Bronte

Isn't he doing Teresa R??? I meant the movie. :D

If you are all tired after the 300 media blitz, just think how this man must feel? Hopefully, he is home alone and getting a bit of rest from all the prying eyes.

Home alone, getting some rest, sleeping in. Well waking up of course at 3am taking care of business ;)...

He most certainly deserves some R&R. I know that just for the short span of time of about a week before "300" opened and the end of that first weekend I was exhausted - and I only attended a fraction of the number of events Gerry did. Of course fueled by Coca Cola, Red Bull, Starbucks and Marlboros our guy has energy in abundance so he may still be running from meeting to meeting (but I still wish him some lovely downtime in between).

I had a Gerry-related moment yesterday morning. I was talking to Cheri on the cellphone while driving in my neighborhood. Just as we hung up I looked over at the sidewalk and there is a tall, handsome young man with curly dark hair wearing sunglasses and walking his pug!! No, not Gerry (don't I wish he lived in my neighborhood!!) but it made me smile and think of Gerry taking Lolita for a walk near his own place.

He most certainly deserves some R&R. I know that just for the short span of time of about a week before "300" opened and the end of that first weekend I was exhausted - and I only attended a fraction of the number of events Gerry did. Of course fueled by Coca Cola, Red Bull, Starbucks and Marlboros our guy has energy in abundance so he may still be running from meeting to meeting (but I still wish him some lovely downtime in between).

I had a Gerry-related moment yesterday morning. I was talking to Cheri on the cellphone while driving in my neighborhood. Just as we hung up I looked over at the sidewalk and there is a tall, handsome young man with curly dark hair wearing sunglasses and walking his pug!! No, not Gerry (don't I wish he lived in my neighborhood!!) but it made me smile and think of Gerry taking Lolita for a walk near his own place.

Maybe it was Gerry and Lolita. Perhaps he staying in good ol' uber-PUD-Suburban-nothing-ever-happened-here OC to get away from the craziness that is Hollywood. LOL

Well, my obsession has gotten to the point where I was meeting some friends for drinks at Long Board in Huntington Beach, knowing very well that HRH is nowhere near OC, yet I stilled checked out the Starbucks a few doors down from Long Board first, just in case. (I'm pathetic) :inlove:

Yeah I guess you guys are all right! The man does need some down time... I just hope it doesn't hurt his up time! And don't you Gutter snipes make anything else out of that statement! :cunning::cunning:

:kisswink: Fran

Ann - I wish it HAD been Gerry but though the man was nice looking and had curly hair he most definitely wasn't our Gerry - and his pug wasn't as cute or tiny as Lolita - so it was just an illusion, not the real thing.

With the huge number of big films coming out between this week and mid-summer there may have been no slots available to get BOAW out sooner unless it went for a very limited release, or the art house route. So maybe holding it until late summer will work best. Crossing fingers and toes!!

My guess is still a straight to video for BOAW. :confused:

I love seeing Gerry in the spotlight but I also know that sometimes he looks so worn out. It must be hard trying to be at so many things. I'm sure being a celeb is great but they need a break too and while I miss not seeing him on interviews all the time, I am also hoping that he IS getting some R & R. Because he will need it for the next movie that comes out or the next movie he starts shooting. No matter where he is or what he is doing, I will be here supporting him in whatever life brings his way!!! You go Gerry...I hope you are successfull for many many many years to come.

Love Always,

Dracsgirl

Mandy

I wouldn't worry. Gerry's never out of the loop for long.

If he's taking a rest, good. If he's reviewing scripts, even better. If he's working on yet another new film,

it's best of all because hey, none of the GALS can get enough of him. Ever!

He's the most handsome, captivating and downright droolworthy guy in the galaxy to date.

Now top that!

G.

:kisswink:

OH that he was resting and walking the streets of Hattiesburg Miss. He would be known by me but only a handful of others , people down here are so caught up in themselves its pathetic. I think they are and I live here. haha Gerry rest relax what ever you are doing I know you are doing it well. xoxoxo betts :claphands:

Isn't he doing Teresa R??? I meant the movie. :D

:rotflmao:

I think he's relaxing...maybe buying some new hats for the next time he wants to go incognito...