Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Perrin

Gerry as He-Man?

It seems that we are all cringing at the thought of Gerry being HeMan, :escape: but how cool is it that he's on the big studio's radar. :whome2: Gerry has made wise choices so far so I'm just going to trust his instinct to chose the right role for him. Now mind you, wouldn't mind another RomCom, but I'll go see ANYTHING that he's in. :drool1: Hoping and praying that he finally gets financing for Burns....a role made just for him. :heat::pant::swoon:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2007210197,00.html

Brad's Pitt part in He-Man

May 08, 2007

BRAD PITT is Master Of The Universe in most girls' eyes.

But he could land the title for real by starring as He-Man in the next nostalgic movie remake.

Legendary Pictures, the team behind Superman Returns, are set to give the Eighties cartoon the 2007 treatment.

A movie source said: "They are very keen on Brad for the role. He'll have to bulk up though; he's very fit but not to He-Man proportions."

If Brad doesn't fancy beefing up, film chiefs have a back-up.

Glasgow-born GERARD BUTLER, star of this year's epic 300, is still in the running.

I gotta tell ya. The part I zeroed in on, is that he's now in league with such huge names as Brad Pitt. That REALLY makes me happy!!! (Whether we like Mr. Pitt or not, he IS one of the most well-known actors in Hollywood today.)

Gerry and his very talented, very smart agent(s) are quite capable of making the decision on whether or not to take such parts. We just have to support that decision, no matter our personal preference. Weren't there a lot of nay-sayers when 300 was first mentioned too? I'm sure it will all depend on script, casting, and director, as to how this project really turns out. All we can do is sit back and enjoy the wonder that is Gerard Butler, no matter the role.

Edited by Marissa

Guest greyeyegoddess

How can you go wrong there?

Yikes! Ouch!

I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love Superman, but even if Gerry wanted to play it, I would say no-not that I have anything to do with what Gerry wants to do. It doesn't matter to me that Gerry can play anything. Tights, glasses, cape, flying, which are hot and likeable, doesn't mean that Gerry would be the best pick. I still wouldn't want Gerry to play my beloved hero.

Let someone else start their career on a cartoon hero.

I'm laughing at all this, believe me....LOL! And I'm sure that we are going to hear more things out there. Just like Bond. :kisswink:

I'm beginning to feel a bit of typecasting though. "We need a muscular guy who can yell," says the production company. "Gerard Butler! He's done it before and successfully." :scared:

Ummm..yeah, not into it. :confused:

But hey, many fans didn't like the idea of Gerry playing in "300" and look what happened. :cunning:

Wait until the other two movies are released and see what the studios are going to say about Gerry's range of acting.

~alice

:music:

odo anna I agree with YOU :claphands: betts

How can you go wrong there?

Yikes! Ouch!

I love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love Superman, but even if Gerry wanted to play it, I would say no-not that I have anything to do with what Gerry wants to do. It doesn't matter to me that Gerry can play anything. Tights, glasses, cape, flying, which are hot and likeable, doesn't mean that Gerry would be the best pick. I still wouldn't want Gerry to play my beloved hero.

Let someone else start their career on a cartoon hero.

I'm laughing at all this, believe me....LOL! And I'm sure that we are going to hear more things out there. Just like Bond. :kisswink:

I'm beginning to feel a bit of typecasting though. "We need a muscular guy who can yell," says the production company. "Gerard Butler! He's done it before and successfully." :scared:

~alice

:music:

Ok - point granted. HeMan doesn't exactly show depth or range (Bond). Though I'd say it's more body casting than type casting, especially when he's committed to Burns (I'm still crossing my fingers for Therese Raquin - yelling, but plenty of lusty insanity too...). It does seem like there are a lot of cartoon and iconic badasses coming though. In that you may be correct.

While Brad Pitt is certainly pretty, and honestly I think he's a decent actor (and probably fun to hang with), I just don't see him as the commanding and regal Master of the Universe, ya know? But G's got that I-can-yell-and-be-buff-but-still-be-Shakespearean-and-believable thing rocking...

Heck, I'd have loved Priest. But that's how I roll. After PSILY (which isn't my sort of movie in general), I'm sure we'll see!

You GALS make me giggle-maybe you could post some special siggies in honor of the rumor, Jen? :claphands:

Also, the Wikipedia stuff was high-larious! Cringer? Battle Cat? Ye, gods-save us from this film of horrors. :tantrum:

Ok, I will only give Gerry the go-ahead on He-Man if She-Ra can be cast as a middle aged mom with slightly droopy everything, (except she retains her nice lips which haven't fallen quite yet), and her action figure wears a plastic apron with a She-Ra sword tucked underneath it for protection.

Kids would have a great time with those action figures. She and He-Man could give the evil Skeletor a run for his evil bony butt. He-Man just summons She-Ra telepathically when he confronts said enemy and she throws down her plastic spatula and plastic frying pan and arrives on-site within moments.

She-Ra can say "By the power of my Gray Hairs, I have the power!!!" She can whip out aforementioned sword and make short work of the bad guy while He-Man looks on, impressed with her plastic sword skills and apron.

After the slaughtering ends, He-Man invites She-Ra to make love in her plastic kitchen. Then she cooks him a plastic egg for breakfast. (Maybe the kids shouldn't know about this end to the story). :bonk:

I really hope Gerry doesn't star as He-Man....he needs to do other kinds of roles other than superheroes. I think he would be excellent in the Watchman. Which I hope he does or is picked. But no He-Man for Gerry.

I've read elsewhere that this rumour has now been discredited by Landmark Pictures. Thank goodness for that.

You GALS make me giggle-maybe you could post some special siggies in honor of the rumor, Jen? :claphands:

Also, the Wikipedia stuff was high-larious! Cringer? Battle Cat? Ye, gods-save us from this film of horrors. :tantrum:

HA!!!! :funnyabove: MooMoo

I forgot about Battle Cat!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

That's too too Funny!!!!

Ha!!! Gerry and Battle cat!!! NOT!!!!

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Linda (calm...)

I've read elsewhere that this rumour has now been discredited by Landmark Pictures. Thank goodness for that.

Patsyb....I know I've told you this before but...

I love, love, love, love, love your siggy!!!!

:heat:

Linda (calm...)

:cunning:

:yippee:

Joking apart re Hot Fuzz 2 which is never going to happen as GB will never come back to the UK..well not until he's old and grey :confused: I really really want him to avoid anything where he's expected to shout, throw his weight about, etc.... The most powerful part of 300 for me was the very end just before he dies... that touched me the most.. the total hopelessness and final memory of his love... OH GB THAT TRULY WAS ACTING PERFECTION, my heart hurt watching him.. how daft is that? WOW!!

He has so much to give professionally... at that moment the 'real Gerard' was in Leonidas skin... his talent, gift he is so powerful when he just penetrates your soul with a look, a tear not a bellow. I want more of that... less body.. ALTHOUGH I LOVE HIS BODY..I'M NOT THAT OLD YET... :cunning: and more body language..... he actually acted I said to my friend in the cinema...crikey he came of age in that last scene.

Watching Dear Frankie and Lara Croft he's so good at contempory... that's where he needs to go in his acting and not action men roles. Mind you he honed it to perfection in Beowulf and Grendel... a fine mix of cerebral and action and perhaps even though it wasn't too successful finacially it made that jump for him.

Say NO NO to any CLEVER AGENT OR MANAGER...think with your head and heart Gerard.. not your wallet....have a collection on all your boards you'll soon get the money for Burns.... :cunning: I want to see Brad Pitt being offered GB's roles when he doesn't want them...... :cunning:

:lolita:

xmargx

Back to my nurse revision....I really shouldn't be on here I am as usual being VERY NAUGHTY.. :yippee:

Thanks Alice for the He-Man 101! LOL All I have to say is NO! And I don't think we have to worry about Gerry being lumped into one type of character, the action-hero. And I think people won't see him as the action-hero only after PSILY and BOAW. I've always seen Gerry as choosing movies not because of the money but because of the movie itself. I think that PSILY will also show that Gerry can do many different types of roles, he always does something different and always suprises me with the ability that he is able perform in so many different roles!

Brumie

LOL at this story....I'm sorry, if this is true then the Execs are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for characters to adapt to movies.

Gerry would be great in pretty much anything he does, but he's done the loincloth thing...time to move on.

This may sound bizzare but I think G would be really cool in a western type of role. I can see him with one of those long Aussie riding coats on and guns on his hips :rotflmao:

You know the moive "Tombstone" that Kurt Russel did??? Kind of an adventure, shoot-em-up, hero, bad-arse kind of role. He wouldn't have to say much because his actions would speak louder.....

I know.....silly, but I think he'd look drop dead gorgeous in a leather hat and those long legs of his :scared: forget it.....I'd be a puddle!!! :kisswink:

Linda (calm...)

Well, this has pretty well been shown that this is completely bogus. I just thought the whole thing was silly...G's so much better than that!

:inlove: :claphands:

This may sound bizzare but I think G would be really cool in a western type of role. I can see him with one of those long Aussie riding coats on and guns on his hips :rotflmao:

You know the moive "Tombstone" that Kurt Russel did??? Kind of an adventure, shoot-em-up, hero, bad-arse kind of role. He wouldn't have to say much because his actions would speak louder.....

I know.....silly, but I think he'd look drop dead gorgeous in a leather hat and those long legs of his :scared: forget it.....I'd be a puddle!!! :kisswink:

Linda (calm...)

Yeeeees-one of those duster jackets like what's his name's in Pride and Prejudice. When he came strolling through the mist in the early morn....breathtaking...

Gerry likes hats, so a cowboy hat and duster would be so awesome. And boots, chaps and nothing else. Easy to grab the buns, in other words (no matter how flat-they just need to be present and trouserless). Long hair ala Marek. His scruff would fit right in. And of course he would have a big gun. :cunning: :inlove:

And of course he would have a big gun. :cunning: :inlove:

Not even touching that. No. Nope. Just can't. It's too easy...

But I second the Western thing. That's why I was so bummed when Priest wasn't going to happen...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2007210197,00.html

Brad's Pitt part in He-Man

May 08, 2007

BRAD PITT is Master Of The Universe in most girls’ eyes.

But he could land the title for real by starring as He-Man in the next nostalgic movie remake.

Legendary Pictures — the team behind Superman Returns — are set to give the Eighties cartoon the 2007 treatment.

A movie source said: “They are very keen on Brad for the role. He’ll have to bulk up though — he’s very fit but not to He-Man proportions.”

If Brad doesn’t fancy beefing up, film chiefs have a back-up.

Glasgow-born GERARD BUTLER — star of this year’s epic 300 — is still in the running.

Honestly I don't think he should do any more movies that are comic con or whatever stories.... I don't think it will give Him many credibility as an actor, so I hope is not true although he looks great with little amount of clouthing :rotflmao: but I'm not seeing him as a blonde :funnyface:

Posted Image

I hope he chooses for more intelectual challenging roles now so he can prove to Hollywood that he is A GREAT ACTOR.