• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for starting the new thread Pat!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRA!!!!!

Edited by Trixie

This is a drive by posting!

I have been so busy with my oldest graduating from college last Friday, Ethan's final band concert( in which he directed his own composition....which was absolutely breathtaking), sending out Ethan's high school grad announcements, planning his grad party, trying to buy a car for Aidan who just got his driver's license last week, moving our dept at work, planning Nurses week celebration for work, trying to sew a skirt for Vegas, repainting two bedside table stands for our new ambulatory care unit.....and the list goes on and on. WHew.....reading all that makes me tired, and I have been living it! YIKES! I will so be ready for the month of May to be over with. It has just been one hectic month, and it is only half way done!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRA! :pointy: Hope you have a good one!

On a sad note, just learned yesterday at work that a fellow nurse's son is one of the missing servicemen in Iraq that is believed to be captured by Al Quaida. Our hearts just fell when we heard the news. This so called war has really touched home now. We are all trying to pull together for her and pray that he is found safe and alive, but alas with all that goes on over there with captured soldiers, the outcome does not look good.

Also, a fellow nurse in my dept, had open heart surgery at age 44 for a congenital heart defect they just found. Stats show that people with this defect untreated usually only live to be 38, so she has exceded that. She came through surgery just fine and is doing well as of last report. She now has a reason for all her health problems throughout her life, and hopefully a lot of those will be resolved now that his has been fixed.

Lots of prayers are needed in my neck of the woods these days.

Kelly, I got your pm and will let you know the details soon.

I better run for now girls as my list will not get any shorter unless I get my butt off this puter and get things done.

HI to all and hope everyone is doing well!

VEGAS!!! I am so ready!

Paulette

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRA!!!!!

Hope you have a gerrylicious day girlie!

Paulette - I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. When I heard the news about those missing soldiers my heart just drop yet again. I immediately starting saying a few words aloud in hopes that they're found safe and unharmed. My heart goes out to the mothers of these brave men. Please keep us posted.

As for me, I've been sidelined YET AGAIN, but this time w/pneumonia. I've been dead to the world since last Thursday or so when I got home from work. I HATE IT! No computer, barely any tv - just my head under my pillow sleeping. I ventured out for about 2 hrs. on Mother's Day because we had a brunch, but I ate hardly nothing. That was money down the drain spent on me. I couldn't taste anything. Not to be gross but I feel I need a cathetar because all I do is go to the bathroom because I'm drinking so much, so I won't get dehydrated. Oy vey.

Anyhoo, you ladies have a great day and I'll be back.

Cassie

Paulette....No wonder you have been MIA for so long!! You have been one busy little beaver!!

I am really proud of Ethan! I hope that his composition was recorded cause I would love to hear it sometime.

I am SO sorry to hear about your friend's son. It is such a terrible situation over there. Please tell her that I am praying for her, her son and her family.

PM whenever you have time. You really DO need Vegas don't you!!!!

Cassie I hope you feel better soon. It is aweful when you can't taste anything.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TERRA!!!

Paulette, you aren't kidding about being busy. Makes me tired just reading that list. As for your coworkers son, I am truly sorry. My thoughts are with them and I only hope they find them all safe.

My cousin is supposed to be going to Iraq in, I think, July. I am worried already.

Cassie, you gotta quit getting sick! Are you feeling better yet or is it still knocking you out? You poor thing, you get better quick!! :hug99:

Hey to everyone else out there. Talk with you all soon!!

Cassie...I am sorry to hear you are so sick!!! But I guess if you are going to get sick, do it NOW, rather than when you are leaving for Vegas! Please take care of yourself and get well soon. :hug99:

Paulette...how sad that it is your coworkers son that is missing. I will say a prayer that he and the others are found soon. Like you said, it is hard to hope that they will be unharmed, BUT you never know!!! :comfort:

I can totally sympathize with your busy schedule. I usually run my life like that! :D Right now things are not too bad, but once the play kicks in, I will be "Ms. Busy Bee" again! :p

Congrats to Ethan! :woo:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOTE TO ALL GMCL'S:

PLEASE EMAIL OR PM ME YOUR BIRTHDAY ASAP!!!

I am the keeper of the GMCL'S Birthday List so I can post them every month! Well the birthday date book is missing? :doh: It is gone from its usual place and of course no one in my house knows what happened to it!!! :confused: So I am going to start a new one!

Thank you for your cooperation!

PatKay

Edited by Scorpio613

Run through post....did you all see the latest info on 300???

Region 1 DVD, Blu-Ray & HD DVD release of 300 on 31st July 2007

:ohbaby2: :dance: :cheeky::woo: :yippee: :thankyou: Warner Brothers! :fans::clap::partytime::bounce: :Yee-Haw:

Okay, I'm done. LOL

I'm off to watch the Bulls game at 7:00. I'll be lurking.

Edited by stacie-in-nebraska

hey all

lots of love and hugs to you all- thanks for all the bday wishes. It was a really good day. I got my tattoo this morning. It hurt but it didn't. It is a symbol that Keith designed that represents my name.

I can not believe you all are going to vegas so soon. I hope the man is there and you can meet him. I also hope that you have a blast.

Paulette- congrats to Ethan. This has got to be an exciting time for him. It is great he has a mom like you to get him ready for the next stage in his life.

Cassie - get better soon girlfriend.

Hi SIN and Kelly and Patk. Miss you guys. :wave::hearts:

Good Evening Ladies!

I hope everyone is doing good today (and Chicago girls staying dry!).

Cassie - Woman, get better soon! I had pneumonia when I was 13 and it is no fun, I know that! Just getting up wears you out. Rest up and get well for Vegas. Whenever you feel up to it, see if you still have problems signing in to TW.net. Miss you!

Paulette - Your post made me tired! My prayers go out to your friend's son, I have seen that all over the news. My prayers are also with your other co-worker for a speedy recovery.

Terra - Take a pic of your tattoo!

ANyways, been pretty busy this week. I have dress rehersal tomorrow and then I'm performing both Saturday and Sunday. I'm being so careful not to get sick or injure myself! That would definitely be my luck!

Thank you! It's funny, I'm not the least bit nervous. I'm more nervous about doing something stupid and twisting my ankle wihile walking the dog or something!

Just a quick :wave:

Today is an unbelieveably busy day so I probably won't be on much after this! :bonk:

I cannot believe I will be celebrating my 21st wedding anniversary tomorrow! :wow2: Hard to believe I have been married 21 years...of course, I was a child bride! :p I am happy to say that I am still happily married and love my husband very much! He is a great guy and understands my obsession with Gerry! And why not, he reaps the benefits of my Gerry fantasies!!! :cunning:

For those of us going to Vegas, it looks like we can pretty much not count on Gerry showing up at the convention! He is scheduled to be at the premiere of 300 in Japan on June 6th. Not that I ever thought he would be in Vegas, but there was always that little inkling of hope he might! :confused: Oh well, it is still going to be alot of fun! :vegasbaby:

Terra...you must take a picture of your tatoo for us to see! I still plan to get my POTO tatoo, I just haven't gotten around to it. :watchclock:

Trixie...Break a Leg this weekend! :bellydance: If I didn't have plans this weekend, I would love to see you dance! Please post pictures!

Reminder: PLEASE EMAIL OR PM ME YOUR BIRTHDAY ASAP!!! I am making a new listing of the GMCL birthdays, so please send them to me ASAP! Thank you so much! :thankyou:

Gotta run...if I don't get back...everyone have a Great Weekend! :drink:

PatKay

Edited by Scorpio613

Well I got my tooth pulled today. I just took a pain pill and I am going to lay down for a little bit.

I'll be lurking around later.

Good evening ladies... Quick drive in to give a shout out then I'm off to sleepyland. I've been trying to watch "Dreamgirls" for the past 3 nights and can't get through it w/out falling asleep. I think it's good, but who knows.

Trix - Good luck!!!! Post pics please!!!

Miklyn - I feel your pain BELIEVE ME. :kisswink: Get some rest and try not to smile too much. :funnyface: The numbness always confuses me and I usually bite the heck out of my cheek or lip.

Pat - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! Wow, 21 yrs. - Whew. Good for you. Here's hoping for another 21yrs. for you two - minus the dead people of course. Yikes! I hope you celebrated away from them.

To all you other lovely MWCL, have a great evening and stay warm. This chill in the air is brutal. I was sleeping w/the windows cracked in the living room, but since I catch a chill then I'm hot then I'm cold I just keep them closed now. It's quite chilly out burrr.... I guess if I have to be sick AGAIN, better it be now than in June when it's VEGAS time. That would just piss me off.

Cassie

Before I head to bed I just want to say I love all the new movies that Gerry will be doing. They sound so different and cool.

This afternoon has just taken a lot out of me so I am going to hit the hay.

I'll be on tomorrow after work. My friend Tina wants to go to dinner tomorrow night. I think it will depend on how I feel after working all day but I'll be on later tomorrow.

Trixie let me know what time you need me at your house on Saturday.

Have a great night ladies

Happy Anniversary Pat

Chicago GMCL's have you seen this post? Gerard Butler joins Untouchable prequel

First I am excited because I loved The Untouchables with Kevin Kostner and Sean Connery! And second, they filmed part of the original Untouchables in Chicago, so I would imagine they will do the same with this one! :bonk:

That is all I am going to say for now! ;)

Edited by Scorpio613

Chicago GMCL's have you seen this post? Gerard Butler joins Untouchable prequel

First I am excited because I loved The Untouchables with Kevin Kostner and Sean Connery! And second, they filmed part of the original Untouchables in Chicago, so I would imagine they will do the same with this one! :bonk:

That is all I am going to say for now! ;)

Hey Pat I was thinking the same thing this afternoon when I read it. :funnyface::funnyface:

I just got home from work and boy am I bushed!!!! I got to work by myself from 5pm until 9pm. I really enjoyed it because I was busy and it made the time go by faster.

I'm really getting good at writting on cakes. I must have written on at least 6 of them tonight.

Type at you all soon!!

Kelly

Hey Ladies!

I'm going to head off to bed and I'll post more tomorrow. But, I wanted to share my dance video with you! I actually figured out how to do this, so I'm excited!

It's kind of hard to see our faces - so when we're all in a line on the stage I'm second on the left. Then, when we exit in the middle of the dance you'll see me behind the curtain on the left ready start jammin' out! Hope you like it!

Dance Video - SexyBack

Edited by Trixie

Hey Girls...

Congrats on your anniversary PatKay!! Many more years for you!!

Very exciting the new movie buzz..I'm getting psyched to see "At World's End" We will be visiting Tom that weekend..Maybe we can get him to go see it.

Trixie..Got a kick out of the dance video..If I did that something would break for sure!!

Everyone have a great time in Vegas..It's coming quick..

Take Care...Swetster

Trixie...Great job on the dance and I love the song! :dance: I see you dance to the whole song! They cut the songs in my daughters recital so the dances are shorter. They have to because it is already 1 1/2 hr. program. If they did full songs we'd be there all night! It was fun to see you dance! Thanks for posting! ;)

Thanks to all for the anniversary wishes! :thankyou:

Everyone have a Great Weekend! :wave:

Trixie the dance was awesome!! And I would have to agree with Swetster, I'd probably break something too. lol

Happy Anniversary PatKay! Sorry I was a bonehead & forgot to say it before. :bonk::D

Hey to everyone else and talk with you all later.

Good Afternoon Ladies!

First off - Happy Anniversary Pat! I hope you two celebrated in a way better than you did last year! LOL If I recall, you were at Cook County??

Thanks for the compliments on the dance ladies! I really appreciate it! I had a couple minor goof-ups, but I think it turned out pretty good.

The drama for the day then started after rehersal. While driving home, Lanie got sick on herself. When I got home, I went to wash everything in the washer, but it wasn't working. Grrrr...I want a new washer and dryer! Within 10 minutes of coming home, I was sitting on the floor and Caffrey collapsed onto my lap and had another seizure. This one was really bad and long, it lasted about 3 minutes. I have read on different sites that if they go beyond 5 minutes they'll probably die. That really freaks me out - he's still just a baby at 5 years old.

So, that was my drama yesterday. So far, so good today! Thanks for letting me vent!

So how about Gerry in this Untouchables movie??? :D I think that is going to be so cool! And if they film in Chicago....well, looks like we're all going to have to move into a flat downtown temporarily!