Gerry's Midwest Classy Lasses #13

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOO-HOO!!

CUBS LOSE!!

CUBS LOSE!!

I too believe in good sportsmanship and expect the same from others.

As do I. That's why I'm rooting for the D-backs to kick some Scrubby a$$.

LOL

Marissa...and do you call the above comment "good sportsmanship"? :confused:

Guest DonnaKat

WOO-HOO!!

CUBS LOSE!!

CUBS LOSE!!

WOO HOO!!!!

Oh, I mean...I'm sorry to hear that, Cubbie fans. :sad:

But seriously, it's nothing to be ashamed of. The Cubs did way better than the Cards did.

Edited by DonnaKat

You all are something else with this cubs thing. I'm not a baseball fan at all so I just don't get it. *dodging everything being thrown at me* But I'm sorry that the Cubs lost nonetheless. It sounds like they are way over due for a world series win.

And BTW, is it November YET????? I am ready to party! :dance:

Hello ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA lately. Between work and the party this weekend I was just exhausted. I did get to spend some time with Trixie this weekend which was a lot of fun.

I have a call out to all the mom's out there. My niece is expecting her first child in January and is asking for advice on the transition to motherhood. She is also looking for fun stories about a favorite song you might have sung to your children or a favorite story.

I would love any suggestions or ideas ya'll might have.

SQUEEE...GERRY'S COMING TO CHICAGO....GERRY'S COMING TO CHICAGO!!! :yippee: :woo::throw:

For anyone who has not seen this - check it out....

DePalma Promises New 'Untouchables' Will Have Same Classic Score And Locations. Published by Josh Horowitz on Tuesday, October 16, 2007 at 11:05 am.

"You're nothing but a lot of talk and a badge!" Those were the last words we heard from Al Capone in Brian DePalma's insanely entertaining "The Untouchables" some twenty years ago. Well, just because Elliot Ness put Al behind bars to the swelling score of Ennio Morricone so long ago, the battle for Chicago has just begun. Brian DePalma himself told me last week that "The Untouchables: Capone Rising" is likely to be his next film. This prequel will detail in DePalma's words, "[Jimmy Malone]'s relationship with Capone during Capone's rise." Portraying the former character that earned Sean Connery an Oscar is Gerard Butler, Deplama confirmed. "Gerry is still with us," he said.

The young Capone, however, remains uncast. Nicolas Cage was attached but is no longer on board. DePalma is on the lookout, though. What does the new Capone need? "You've got to have that street animal sexuality," he said.

For those worried that this new film won't fit in with the first now classic "Untouchables," rest easy. DePalma plans to keep it consistent, "I would like to use a lot of the original music from 'The Untouchables,' and the original locations in Chicago."

And what about a typical showy DePalma set piece to rival the shootout in the train station? The director promises, "It's got a lot of fabulous set pieces in it. It will be a lot of fun to do."

Edited by Scorpio613

Does anyone know when filming is scheduled to start for this film?

Not yet since they still don't have anyone to play Capone. :confused:

But I will keep checking my sources! ;)

I knew you'd have our backs, Pat! Maybe we'll get lucky and there will be a GMCL get together around the same time as the filming. Wouldn't that be just fabulous? At least for those of us who don't live in Chicago. ;)

:Yee-Haw: ......Operation Starbucks will have to be reinstated! :dance:

Heather...you ARE still alive!!! :D

Yes, Operation Starbucks will have to be reinstated. Since I have given up coffee, I guess I will have to drink tea at Starbucks! :confused:

Looking forward to seeing you next month! ;)

:wave: A quick hi to all of you lovely Midwest Classy Lasses.

When this thread reaches 300, if someone could open up a new one, that would be awesome. I'll close this one out at the appropriate time.

:thankyou:

:hugs: to all

Jilly

No problem Jill! ;)

Thanks for popping in! :wave:

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is doing well! I have been pretty busy all week

I had such a blast yesterday. First, we took the kids to Goebberts pumpkin farm and spent the day there. I have never been there before. They have friggin everything!! The kids had a blast, too. Lanie went on her first pony ride and liked it a lot. And of course, I forgot my camera. But, regardless we all had a lot of fun.

Then we went to Paul's friend's 40th birthday party at Indian Lakes Resort. I spoke to the manager briefly and to make a long story short, he had planned on contacting me today in regard to Dancing Delights Chicago! I told him that I was the one who sent the email and he lit up! So, he gave me his card and said he'd be in touch with me. Awesome!

Other than that, not much else going on to report of! I hope everyone is well and just a few more weeks until MT and POTO!

Trixie that is awesome news about Dancing Delights! And sounds like it was a blast at the pumpkin farm. :D

And I am SOOOO ready for POTO and MT. :dance: One question, what is everyone wearing to these events? I need to figure out what I'm going to wear.

ETA: I saw this pic over on .net and had to share it here too! He looks so dreamy.

Swoon!

Edited by stacie-in-nebraska

• 2 weeks later...

Trixie that is awesome news about Dancing Delights! And sounds like it was a blast at the pumpkin farm. :D

And I am SOOOO ready for POTO and MT. :dance: One question, what is everyone wearing to these events? I need to figure out what I'm going to wear.

ETA: I saw this pic over on .net and had to share it here too! He looks so dreamy.

Swoon!

Gee, this thread has been quiet! Where is everyone? :confused:

Stacie...dressing for MT is casual. I think most are wearing jeans and a nice casual top. Keep in mind, we will probably be taking pictures with the Hunky Knights after the show! :tasty: I do not know of anyone dressing up in Medieval clothing this year.

POTO dress is nicer. Dress pants or skirt and nice top. Depending on your top, I suggest bringing a sweater to wear in the theater and the restaurant. I went to see Wicked yesterday and even though I had on a long sleeve dress top, I needed a sweater in both the theater and the restaurant!

Also the weather in Chicago is scheduled to be cold this week, so bring a warm coat!!!

Btw...Chicago people...have you been listening to the all day/all night Christmas music being played on The Lite (93.9 FM)??? Christmas music already! :doh:

Edited by Scorpio613

Good Morning!

I hope everyone is keeping warm!

This past weekend was so busy! Friday my friend, JP came over with her little guy, then Saturday Paul and I went to the AA dinner dance and tore up the dance floor, then yesterday was my nephew's birthday party. Lynn had it at Dave and Busters, which I wouldn't have thought of, but it was great for the kids. They really had a good time.

I can't believe MT/POTO weekend is almost here! Time sure has flown! Then, the following weekend I'm going to see the Rockettes with Lynn and a girl from my dance class. I can't wait since I have never seen the Rockettes before! We actually are learning some of their moves in Broadway Jazz, so it will be a lot of fun to watch.

Stacie - Just like Pat said, casual for Saturday night, then a little more dress for Sunday.

Pat - I'm so glad your daughter enjoyed seeing Wicked! I still want to see that if I can ever get around to it. I was wondering if 93.9 was going to play Christmas music early again this year. I remember they started playing it the day after Halloween last year and I was in heaven! My co-workers thought I was nuts! LOL I'll probably hold off on playing it until after Thanksgiving this year. For now I'll stick to listening to Virgin Radio UK. They play such good music and it's nothing that I have heard here before. What stinks is that I like these artists, but you can't even download them here in the States. I've fallen in the with Newton Faulkner and Amy MacDonald's music. Amy is a lot like KT Tunsall and Newton just has a sound of his own. I love it.

Anyways, back to work! I hope everyone is good and I'll see you all this weekend!

Hi everyone....I know I have been MIA...it really hasn't been my fault LOL LOL

I am so tired after work and after being on the computer all day....I don't always feel like coming back on mine. I really am enjoying the new job.

Trixie helped me with my website and I really like how it looks. I will post a link so you can take a look if you want. Keep in mind it does change a little bit depending on your browser....I am working on figuring out how to fix that. It is Sentiments and Keepsakes Website

I have also been working on my Surprise Parties specials and getting my x-mas cards ready to mail out to customers. I just love the $1 store. I did a lot of great specials so I want to get them out there. If you are not on my email list and are interested just pm me and I will let you know them.

Well, I guess I had better get ready to leave for work....I'll pop back in tonight. Not much else has been going on. I have a lot of catching up in the thread to do.

I hope everyone is doing great and I can't wait to see ya'll this weekend.