Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's Midwest Classy Lasses #13

Within 10 minutes of coming home, I was sitting on the floor and Caffrey collapsed onto my lap and had another seizure. This one was really bad and long, it lasted about 3 minutes. I have read on different sites that if they go beyond 5 minutes they'll probably die. That really freaks me out - he's still just a baby at 5 years old.

First off......how is Lanie?? Is she feeling better??

Nothing worse that having a load of yucky clothes and your washer goes on the fritz. :tantrum:

How is Caffery now?? Cheyenne's vet put her on phenabarbitol everyday. They are going to check her system the next time I take her in to get her stitches out to see if she has enough there so she won't have another seizure.

Give Lanie and Caffery a hug for me!!!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Kelly - Lanie was fine by that night, maybe she ate something that didn't agree with her. I'm wondering if Caffrey might have to be put on phenabarbitol, too. How often did Cheyenne have seizures before she was put on the meds? If he has another one soon then I'm going to have to take him in. They used to occur just once a year, but the last two were just 3 weeks apart. The last one was just heart-wrenching to watch. His front legs were so ridged that they were on top of his head and his back legs were as if they were running in place. Luckily, it's not painful when they have a seizure, just disorientating. But, it's still horrible to watch. And he's still being very clingy. I hope Cheyenne is doing okay these days. Did anything come back on the test results yet?

On a lighter note! The performance went very well this morning! Luckily, they put the adults in the actual dressing room complete with the mirrors, chairs, dim lighting, and the makeup lights. The little ones and teenagers were put into big holding rooms. In fact, a bunch of the teenagers kind of bombarded our room and they got kicked out by the staff - they did not look happy! LOL I am so glad I didn't stick with the tap class - they're dance is sooooo boring; very repeatative. Their costumes are just black jazz pants, a colored tank top, and a white button-down shirt. The tap teacher came into the dressing room, looked us up and down and said, "You look like a bunch of hoochie mamas." Grrrr.....Lynn did not look happy about that comment. I don't know what is so "hoochie" about our costumes - our pants are big, no cleaveage showing....whatever. Here's our group pic since you can't really see the costumes in the video:

Posted Image

Anyways, off to take a nap. I have a huge migraine today. Bleck!

Okay, so has everyone seen the latest additions to the gallery? Besides the fact that this is my favorite one out of the new ones, I mean seriously, the man is HOT! :heat: The man can wear a pair of jeans, can't he? :cunning: After I stared for awhile, drooled for awhile longer, went back and stared some more, I noticed something. Gerry's dog is in the picture too. She is too cute. Notice the little back legs kinda sprawled out? Too cute.

Posted Image

(BTW, click the picture to enlarge)

Anyways, I'm off to get ready. They're having a going away party for a girl I work with and I gotta get prettied up before I head out. I have to work tomorrow so won't be on probably until tomorrow night. Hope everyone is having a great weekend and talk with you all soon.

Good Gawd that man can work a pair of pants!! I need a cold shower!

P.S. - I do see little Lolita!

Yet another drive by posting! Yikes this past week has been busy and the coming week looks even more ominous.

Finally got my oldest graduated from college, so now he is officially a college graduate, complete with student loans and a brand spankin' new 14 ft enclosed trailer to haul his atv's in. That was his graduation present to himself.

Now it is Ethan's turn this coming Friday for graduation from high school. This week will be busy with putting together his party on Saturday(I hate doing these parties) and getting everything set for his big day. I am looking forward to it, but also can't wait for it to be OVER!!

Just a little brag from a proud mama on Ethan. He had his final band concert of his high school career, and he conducted his own piece of music that he composed for the band. THe teacher said it was the first time ever that a student had composed a piece for the HS band at his school. Ethan composed it completely by ear from an Anime (Japanese cartoon) song he heard years ago. It was absolutely awesome and he got a standing O from the audience and his fellow students. We even got a few calls afterward from local music people that were amazed at his talent and wondered why he was going into computers instead of music. :confused: Also on that night, he received the John Phillip Sousa Band award for the student that has shown exemplary talent in Music throughout their high school career. Needless to say, I was quite the proud mama that night.

My next oldest one, Aidan and I FINALLY found him a car! Granted we looked for over 2 weeks, and finally found one almost 3 hours from us in Minnesota!!! You have no idea how hard it is to find a small used car these days with the price of gas! They are being snatched up as soon as they come on the lots. So now we are a proud owner of a Plymouth Neon. Granted it is a 98, but he paid for it with his own saved money!

I am so ready for VEGAS girls!!! Well....except for I have to make my skirt to go with the rest of my outfit. Hopefully I will be able to squeeze that in before Vegas, or I might be showing up bottomless! :cunning:

Well....I better run for now. I have to head to the middle of the state to watch Zac race atv at a new place I have never been. Have to take the brats and fixins as well.

Hugs to all who are sick, have sick kids or pets etc. Congrats to anybody who needs them. I am hoping once the month of May is over, I can be on the boards more often and actually read what people have posted. I MISS YOU GUYS!!!

Type at ya soon. Oh and BTW....those new pics of Gerry are orgasmic!

Paulette

Edited by enchanting eyes

Hey Paulette, don't forget to breathe occasionally, okay? :D My life seems positively boring compared to yours. lol Sounds like life in your world is going fabulously. Keep up the good work Mom!

Now, they've been posting screencaps from Wrath of Gods DVD and I saw this one in particular that I was absolutely rolling about. Everyone please look at the picture first then read the rest of the post.

screencap

Am I the only one who thought really bad thoughts about this picture? When I first looked at it I thought he was holding something in front of his body, not that it was someone that stepped in front of them when the picture was taken. :doh:

I swear I'm getting more and more perverted every day. :angel2:

(Help I'm naughty and I can't stop!)

Edited to add this link. click to see article I saw the title to this short article and thought it was funny! :whome2: You go, Gerry!!

Edited by stacie-in-nebraska

Hey Ladies!

Just popping in to say hello and wish everyone a safe and happy time in Vegas! If you get to meet the man, give him a kiss for me - or maybe not - I wouldn't want him to hit any of you!!!! :tantrum::rotflmao:

Hope everyone is doing fine. I will try to pop in again when I have more time but I just wanted to say hello and wish you bon voyage!

Gem

Just a quick :wave:

I was AWOL this weekend because we went to Michigan! We went up to Saugatuck to celebrate our anniversary! We stayed at the in laws condo, went to dinner, shopped, boated and fished. The kids had a nice time on the boat fishing and the hubby was happy because he caught a nice Bass! (no, Napolean Dynamite references pls) :funnyface:

Yes Trixie, it was a better anniversary than last years visit to Cook County! :p For those that don't get it...that is CC morgue, not jail! :lol:

Btw...your dance costumes are not "hoochie mama" outfits!!! My daughter has worn costumes very similar to yours and they were certainly not "hoochie" looking in any way. Sounds like the tap teacher has a jealousy issue! :(

I hope Caffrey feels better soon! :hug99:

Paulette...Big Congrats to Ethan for winning the JPS award! :goodjob2: You have every right to be a Proud Mama! I hope you get your skirt finished for Vegas. Although going bottomless in Vegas is not all that unusual! :cunning:

Miklyn...I had a dream about you last night! It was kind of weird! :confused:

Stacie...those pics you posted of Gerry are very HOT but not as HOT as the new pic of him at Cannes!!! OMG the man is PACKIN' HEAT!!! :swoon: I guess we don't have to ask if he wears boxers or briefs...he likes going COMMANDO!!! :bigone:

On that note, I have to go to work! :gettowork:

I will check in later!

Stacie...those pics you posted of Gerry are very HOT but not as HOT as the new pic of him at Cannes!!! OMG the man is PACKIN' HEAT!!! :swoon: I guess we don't have to ask if he wears boxers or briefs...he likes going COMMANDO!!! :bigone:

On that note, I have to go to work! :gettowork:

I will check in later!

I am now a fan of gray suit pants. :cunning: And he can go commando anytime he wants to.... :humina: :mouthmaulme:

BTW, glad you had a good time in Michigan!

Edited by stacie-in-nebraska

Hello all.

It looks like everyone has been out enjoying the beautiful weather we have been having.

Paulette- I am really proud of Ethan!!! I SO wish I could make his graduation, but I will not be able too. I am sending a card in the mail, so tell him to be looking for it.

I've been busy working lately. I've been working for some of the ladies who have had to take a day off here and there.

Also the hubby got some disturbing news yesterday. He had an MRI done on Sat. and he found out that he has a torn rotator cuff. He has been in some serious pain for the past couple of weeks and I talked him into going to the doctor. He has an appointment next Tues. with an orthopedic surgeon. It looks as if he may need to have surgery. So if you all have an extra few second in the next couple of days please send a prayer his way. He is very nervous and scared.

As for my muttly. She goes to get her stitches out tomorrow morning. She is all back to normal. The vet said that the lump was a tumor and it was malignent. The good is that it will not spread to her organs. The bad news is that it will likely come back in the same place and will have to be cut out again. So it sounds as if it is like a type of skin cancer.

Well I am off for now.

Type at you all soon.

Kelly

Apolo Wins!!! :cheer2:

I am happy that Apolo Ono won on Dancing with the Stars but I really liked Joey Fatone alot too! They were both so talented and entertaining! I wish they both could have won! :claphands: I really enjoy watching that show but now I have to find something else to do/watch on Mondays & Tuesdays! :confused:

So has anyone seen or have Cicada's on their trees or in their yards? Where I live now the soil has been churned up because of new construction, landscaping, etc. so it doesn't look like we will get alot of Cicadas. But back in my old neighborhood the trees are old and the soil undisturbed so there are TONS of Cicadas already covering the trees and ground! Some kids at my kid's school have already brought in boxes filled with the little critters. One even brought in COOKED Cicadas to share with the class!!! :scared: Her father cooked them up then dipped them in chocolate as a treat!!! Needless to say, it wasn't a big hit with the exception of a few boys who thought it was "cool" to eat a Cicada! :doh:

Hope everyone is staying cool in this warm weather! :heat:

Later!

Kelly...just saw your post... :hug99: and prayers for both your hubby and pooch! :rose:

Edited by Scorpio613

Kelly, sorry to hear that your hubby might have to go in for surgery. My thoughts are with him for a quick recovery! Also sorry to hear about your dog too. Very good news that it won't spread. Scary that it might come back. The vet is saying that it's not anything to be worried about?

Pat- No cicada's in my area yet which is fine by me. Those are some weird looking bugs. As for eating chocolate covered cicada's? Yuck! Of course leave it to the boys to think it would be cool. I am a lover of chocolate but I have to draw the line with that one. Gives me chills just thinking about it. I never really got into watching Dancing With The Stars but actually watched the final episode last night. That Joey is nuts. Had me laughing the whole time. And Apolo, very sexy dancer. You can see that he's very athletic. It would have been a tough choice I'm sure.

Not much to report here. Just have my sister's graduation ceremony tonight. I can't believe she is graduating from high school. It's exciting but a little strange, now I feel old. :funnyface:

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

Stopping by quickly amidst the making of salads, appetizers, Italian Beef, party signs etc. Once Saturday is over, I will be FREE!!!! Well at least to start on my skirt for Vegas.

QUESTION???? Were we suppose to get ticket for Vegas in the mail, or is the PAYPAL Confirmation it? Just was thinking about that the other day. Also, Ethan is not going to be going with me to the actual convention. I decided the money was just not there for him to go, so he he going to hang out with my girl friend's kids and do some stuff with me in the between times. So I will be calling you girls to catch up with you for the events to party with!

Kelly....Sorry to hear about Doug. A co-worker had that surgery, and she said it wasn't bad at all and was back to her usual self sooner than anticipated. Tell him everything will be A OK!

I actually watched the season finale of AMerican Idol last night. Excuse me, but some of the previous winners SUCKED at singing! I loved it when they said that Chris DAughtry has exploded on the music scene and he was like 3 or 4th in his season. I know I listen to his stuff all the time.

TRIX......Just watched the first 2 episodes of Mile High. I really like that series. However, I almost choked on my sandwich when the male dancer at the bachelorette party pulled off his g string and you saw FULL FRONTAL nudity complete with NUTS and BOLTS!! OWIE!!!!! I will be watching more of this series. Wisdom is looking pretty good in it.

HUGS TO ALL! I better get back to getting stuff ready for the graduation. Tomorrow night is the big night and the party is Sat. I also have to work today, so I am squeezing in as much as possible.

Paulette

Shannon.....I will put you in my prayers. You are a brave woman and I admire you greatly for that. I know that you will beat this.

Thank you for all the well wishes for Doug and my doggie.

Doug and I go to the orthopedic surgeon on Tues. to have him checked out set up a day for the surgery. I guess it is a good thing I canceled my trip to Vegas as I would have to cancel it now and risk loosing a butt load of money over it. I guess everything does happen for a reason.

Cheyenne got her stitches out this morning. It is such a traumatic thing (for her and I both) because she has to be muzzled.

After they were done taking the stitches out the Vet Asstistant gave her a couple of treats and she ran out and she opened up the bag to show her and Cheyenne stuck her whole nose up into it and I joked that they should have just used the treat bag as the muzzle.

Paulette.....You are one busy woomun!!!! You will get a much needed get away in a couple of weeks with Vegas and then in another 8 weeks we will be heading out for our UK tour!!!! I am really excited about that!!!!

We have been SO busy the last few days with graduation and confirmation cakes. Now we have Memorial Day to get through. Then we will have a lull until the 4th.

I just found out yesterday that a son of one of my best friends is heading out to army bootcamp on July 9th. He is 19 and I have known him for 15 years. I feel as if one of my own sons is leaving. Deb and I both got teary eyed over the phone last night as we talked about it. We are both very scared for him as we both know in the back of our minds that he is going to be sent to Iraq after his training is all finished.

Well I am off to wash my hair type at you all soon.

Kelly

Here is the video that was made about Lisa Stebic using the photos of many GB friends who sent in their pictures.

Find Lisa Stebic

There are many more videos from the GB community online. Go to You Tube and type in Lisa Stebic to see them.

FYI...Melanie and her husband where on Larry King last night and Melanie was on Channel 9 News this morning. Please keep them in your prayers too for continued strength to keep Lisa's name in the public eye in hopes it will bring her home safely.

Thanks.

Good Morning Ladies

I hope everyone had a good Saturday! The party was a success despite the rain. Al was so surprised and had tears running down from under his sunglasses (besides looking like a very rough and intimidating person, Al is actually a very sweet, sensitive teddy bear). He was so touched seeing all of his friends and family there - one of his friends even flew out here from Texas just for Al. We had probably 100 people show up, so there were the die-hards who came ut in the rain. I was the videographer, so I have tons of fun stuff. I'm going to make a DVD for them.

I was exhausted by the time I got home last night!! Paul and I were out cold by 10:30 (which is VERY early by my standards!). Today I am looking forward to doing absolutely nothing and staying in my jammies today! I'll probably be on here all day.

Hi to everyone out there! Hope y'all are having a good Memorial Day Weekend (and like Kelly said, remember our soldiers that fight for our freedom!).

Glad to hear the party was a success, Trixie. Sounds like it was a good time. Nothing much going on here. Just trying to decide if I'm going to do anything today. :hmm2: Might go to see 300 tonight. What better way to end the weekend?

Trixie...I am glad to hear the party was a success! I kept thinking of you every time it rained and there were a few good downpours! :scared: Have fun just 'hanging out' today! :D

Stacie...I DID see 300 last night!!! :pant: It is at the cheap theaters near me so I just HAD to go! :p I plan to go a few more times before it is completely gone! It was nice to see Gerry and Tom in their leather speedos again! :lookin:

I also watched Timeline yesterday, so I had a double dose of Gerry juice yesterday!!! :mopboymarek: :drool1:

We saw Shrek 3 on Thursday and it was ok. IMO it was more talking/story than slap stick funny. It had its moments but I didn't think it was as good as the first two. :confused:

I hope to go see Pirates this week! ;)

It is so beautiful outside today that I plan on being outside as much as possible...in between laundry that is!!! I swear laundry never ends!!! :wall:

Everyone...Have a Beautiful Sunday! :yippee:

Edited by Scorpio613

Isn't the cheap show a wonderful invention? LOL And how funny that you watched Timeline, I just watched that on Friday night before the Taurus Awards. Gotta love Marek! Enjoy the nice weather today too. And yes, laundry never seems to end. Yuck! :bonk:

Just got home from seeing 300 for the second time. I have a feeling I'm going to be making a few more visits to the local theater this week because I can't get over how beautiful a movie it is. :clap::tens: Plus that Gerry ain't bad to look at either. lol :lookin: I can't wait to get my hands on the DVD. Is it July yet????

Happy Memorial Day ladies!

This should be an interesting day indeed. So, Paul is going to the ER today because he has had a sharp pain in his leg since Friday night. It sounds like he may have a blood clot (yikes!). I told him not to bother with the 24 hour clinic places and just to go to the ER. The pain is all along the vein in his leg and I found a little knot in it. His knee is a tad swollen, too. I'm trying to get him up and moving since I know these things are nothing to mess wtih. Of course, being the big baby he is, when I pushed on the vein he almost passed out! LOL He hates being poked and prodded at.

ANyways, I'm going to drag him off the couch (where he's been sleeping - he keeps his leg in the couch to relieve some of the pain). I'll keep you posted!

Trixie...Please do get Paul to the ER ASAP! Blood clots are nothing to mess with. Hopefully if it is one, it is one that can be dissolved with meds. Please keep us posted.

Stacie...I think 300 is a beautiful movie too! I love the way it is filmed in the brown hues and grainy feel to the film. Even though you know the scenery is almost all CG, it is hard to see that it is. They did a fantastic job on making it look real...except the blood, that does look CG! I posted before that I think 300 will get Oscar nominations for special effects, adaptation from book to film, costumes (little as they are :D) and a few others I can't remember. But I am really hoping that Gerry will get a nomination for Best Actor! Who else could have played Leonidas and pulled it off as great as Gerry did? Even if I was not totally smitten with Gerry and saw 300, I would have to say he gave a performance of a lifetime! It is not easy to play off a green screen and to react to things that are not there! When I saw it again the other day, I watched his eyes, his facial expressions, his body movements intently and could see every emotion that "the King" was feeling and thinking at that moment. He could have said nothing and still you knew what was going on in his mind. Just like he did in POTO. Not many actors have that ability. He carried 300 with both his "larger than life" screen presence and his subtle yet telling expressions. I just hope the academy sees it that way too! ;)

My hubby and son are on their way to the Cubs game today. My daughter and I planned to go too but her dance studio decided to call a mandatory dance practice today! On a holiday, WTF are they thinking??? :( So we stayed home and I will miss seeing my Cubbies play. :crybaby::needhug:

Please say a prayer for all our troops today! They need all the support they can get! :hug99:

Have a Great Memorial Day!

Edited by Scorpio613

Pat, mandatory practice on a holiday. Sounds like something my sister's dance squad couch would do. What are they thinking when they do that? LOL

Sorry you have to miss the game. :tantrum:

Trixie, definitely keep us posted about Paul. Hope it's not serious and it can be taken care of quickly and easily. :hug: