Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's Midwest Classy Lasses #13

Oh my goodness, Paulette. That sounded like the worst flight in history. :bleh2: I just hope that your return flight will be a calm and easy time for you. And congratulations on surviving this one! After an experience like that you definitely deserve some relaxation and fun in Vegas. Have a ball!!!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paulette...the only way I would have made it through that flight was medication and/or lots of alcohol!!! :drink: I just don't understand why they make everyone sit on a plane for so many hours if they know there is a delay is taking off??? :( Why can't you just sit in the airport and wait until about an hour before they know they will have clearance??? Ridiculous!!! :tantrum:

I am worried something like that might happen to my flight tomorrow with this nasty weather they say is coming! I am praying it comes NOW and will be gone by tomorrow morning. I just hope that when it does come it is not as bad as they say it is going to be. :scared:

Stacie...my tooth/jaw was still bothering me so I called the dentist. She was nice enough to squeeze me in and wouldn't you know it, 5 minutes into the exam the power went out!!! :confused: The whole medical building went out which is next to the hospital so I don't know if the hospital was affected too! The hospital has emergency generators so they should be fine! But the dentist could only look at the one xray they were able to take before the power outage and she could not see anything. She had an assistant hold a flashlight on my mouth so she could poke around, but still could not find anything. She give me a script for a mild pain killer just in case I need it and she wants me to come back next week so she can do a complete exam.

I tell ya, between the high winds we are having which are blowing tons of Cicada's all over the place and the pending nasty weather, I am looking forward to getting out of her for Vegas tomorrow! :escape:

I will not have a computer while I am out there, but hopefully I can hook up with someone who does and will be able to check in!

Well gotta run to rehearsal!

Edited by Scorpio613

What is going on with everything lately? First the crazy flight, now a power outage while you're at the dentist? If that's not a sign to "get out of Dodge" I don't know what is!

As for the flying cicadas everywhere? YUCK! I can see it now, everyone walking down the street ducking as they go. LOL :duck:

Is the medication the dentist gave you helping at all? I hope it is. Have fun at rehearsal too. And if I don't speak with you before you leave, have a great time in Vegas. Looks like Gerry is still in Japan but you never know, he seems to be quite the pro at flying from one country to the next in no time at all. He might still be at the convention. *crossing fingers for you all*

:vegasbaby::pointy::partytime:

Good Afternoon Everyone!!!

Now that I have slept for 10 hrs. and had 2 cups of coffee, I am finally awake enough to post!!!

What a weekend!!! I had SO much fun meeting, talking, dancing and generally just having fun in Vegas!!! The convention was beautiful, well organized and fun! Dr. Em and everyone else involved deserve a :clap: for all their hard work in putting it together!

Everyone looked beautiful in their fancy dresses on Friday and very Queenly in their lovely Greek attire on Saturday! :bellydance: I will post my pictures soon.

Big :hugs: to my wonderful roommates Jodi & Marie! We had a few glitches with our room but having you two as roommates made it all better and even funny! :D I hope you both did something fun on Sunday!

Trixie...you and Paul were fantastic on the dance floor!!! :claphands: Paul is a GREAT guy and a wonderful dancer! I loved his dance to "You can't touch this!" :lol: I can't wait to see the pictures/video! I hope you are feeling better. :hug99: I think something was going around because I had a touch of it Saturday afternoon and Suzanne (Zanyzombie) had it too.

Cassie...I had great time shopping with you! Too bad we couldn't afford all those wonderful things we saw in the shops in The Venetian and Ceasars but like you said, "just because you can doesn't mean you should!" :p

Carol...it was great meeting you on the plane! Talking with you and your hubby made the flight back to Chicago fun and fast! You are so lucky to have won all those beautiful pictures/things of Gerry, especially Eurofoxx's gorgeous drawing of Gerry! :thud: Please check into the GMCL calendar of events and join us at some of our events!

There are so many more people I want to say HI to that I met in Vegas! :wave: It was great meeting you all and nice to finally put a face with a name!

But I guess my "vacation" is over because my kids, who are out of school for the summer, are bugging me for something to eat. Can't they just order room service? :lol:

Oh well, I will be on later, hopefully with my pictures from :vegasbaby:!

PatKay

Edited by Scorpio613

C'mon, where are the pics?? :funnyface: Even though I couldn't go, I was still with you all in spirit this weekend. Vegas has got to be one of my most favorite places to go and escape from reality for a few days. Just wish they would plan a different weekend in June....can't miss my daughter's birthday for any reason.

Speaking of her birthday, I officially have a 6 year old (going on 16). We took Hollyn and 4 of her friends to the T-Rex Cafe' over by the Kansas City Speedway. It's like a Rainforest Cafe' in that it has dinosaurs that move and a meteor shower (sound effects, lights flashing) every 10 minutes or so. The kids had a ball and got to dig around for bones and jewels in a huge paleontology area they have set up there. She was passed out in the back seat within 5 minutes of leaving the place. :D

I'm beginning to think I live in Seattle with all of the rain we've been getting for the past month or so. I know that we need rain for the vegetation, etc. but enough is enough. Good grief! Then the wind accompanying has been ridiculous too.

I start my chemo pills tonight, so cross your fingers that I don't have any side effects like nausea. I'm a little nervous, but it sure beats having to go in to the hospital and getting chemo through an IV where I'd definitely be sick afterwards.

This was on the national news, so you may already be aware. An 18 year old girl in the KC area was shopping for a gradution gift for her boyfriend at Target a couple of weeks ago. On the way out of the store and getting into her car, she was abducted and murdered. They found her body a few days later by a creek bed by using her cell phone "pings" to track the towers that her cell phone signal passed through. They've got a guy in custody now that they've charged with the murder. They were able to find him through the surveillance tapes at Target, so thank God those parking lots are monitored so closely. Anyway, I say all of this to tell all of you to be extra observant when you're walking out to your car from anywhere....shopping, walking out from your apartment building (if you live in an apartment), etc. They've said on the news that if someone is able to force you into a car that chances are pretty slim that you will survive. If someone does attack you from behind, kick at their groin, legs, anything and scream as loudly as possible/throw a fit to get attention from other people. Also, hold your keys between your fingers like knives and aim at the eyes and face of your attacker. It's a scary world we live in, and unfortunately, there are a lot of really twisted people living in it. It's too bad that this young girl had to die so young and needlessly.

K, I need to get back to work. Ciao, Shannan

Good Afternoon Ladies!

We made it home safe and sound last night as well. For those who don't know, we went into panic mode Thursday night because all of our flights and back-up flights were cancelling due to the storms. Luckily, we were able to fly into San Diego and just drive up to Vegas. But, everything went smoothly and we had no problems getting on our flights.

Shannan - I will pray for you as you start your chemo pills. I'm glad Hollyn's birthday was a success!! It sounds like you had a great time. And you're right, you can't miss the little chickie's birthday, she'd be upset!

Pat - Thank you for the compliment on our dancing. I didn't feel like we did our best since we were both nervous, but we had fun doing it anyway. WHy not right? LOL I hope they do put the video up of Paul doing his best MC Hammer! Once he gets into his groove there's no stopping him! And this is the same man who was nervous about dancing on Friday, but come Saturday he gets down and funky with a crowd of people around him while they were taping him! Goofball. He had a great time getting to know everyone (and seeing what these conys were really like). Now, he's excited for DC next year!

Saturday started out good, then went funky. Everyone looked fabulous! Some of those dresses were to-die-for! After dancing for a bit I started not feeling good. So, I sat down and watched Paul get his groove on to MC Hammer. After that I REALLY wasn't feeling good and needed to get back to the room pronto. So, he walked me back and I spent the rest of the evening hugging the porcelein god. :( I wasn't drunk or anything since I only had 1/2 a drink, so it must have been some bug. Miklyn was telling me that there were a few people not feeling good, so at least it wasn't just me. Paul and Miklyn came back to check on me and I guess I was out cold in bed. Then, they left and went to do their own things! LOL I don't even remember, so it didn't phase me any! By yesterday morning I felt mostly better (thank God!!), so the drive back and flight home were tolerable.

Anyways, I'm very sad that the weekend is over already. After looking forward to it for so long it's a bummer when it's over. Anyways, here's some pics!

FRIDAY NIGHT

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SATURDAY NIGHT

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Trixie

Trixie, Miklyn & Cassie,

So glad to see you girls again, sorry did not get a chance to say bye, but I knowI'll see you again.

Trixie, it was nice to meet your husband Paul, you are such a cute couple. :)

Loved your dance. Hubba, hubba, lol

Hugs,

Dina

Welcome back to all the GALS!! From what I've read so far it sounds like everyone had a good time. Sorry you were sick on Saturday, Trixie. That would have been a bummer. :doh:

Can't wait to see more pictures. The one's that Trixie posted--you all look amazing! Trixie, you were smoking hot in that red number!! :heat: Can't wait to see more pics of everyone!

hey all ...

welcome back :claphands: I missed everyone and it sounds like you had a great time. Love the pics.

BTW...Just looked at the pics of Trix and Paul. Trix- Paul is freakin hawt. I know that you knew that. And he is got that whole "Dirty Dancing/Johnny Castle" thing going on in his little black outfit. He looks faaaaaaaaabulous. And you do to. But you already know that. :kisswink:

Edited by tstarr

Welcome back everyone!! Good to see the pics and know you all had a blast!!!

Tom is coming home for a visit this weekend so I'm not sure I'll be at the Highland Games..He's doing so well that he will be recommended for an apartment :claphands: What a difference a year makes...don't ever give up hope!!

Speaking of hope....Here's to smooth sailing with chemo pills Shannan..

Swetster

Hey girls. Welcome back indeed. I have pics to post as well of you gorgeous girls. EVERYONE looked great on Friday/Sat for the dinners. Wow! had a great time w/all of you. I'm having serious withdrawals and need to figure out a way to get back. I'm also having serious Gerry withdrawals and need to figure out a way to see him as well. *SIGH*

Trix - you and Paul were great out there on the dance floor. We all needed that pick me up after the crying session beforehand. I was like "Hey, we're supposed to be happy here". Katie sang the hell out of that song I tell ya. Had me bawling.

Mik - What is your dream? Let me see - Over 80 yr. old women wanting to buy sex toys and are willing to demostrate for the right fee? :rotflmao: hum... I'm sure if you think about it you will get my reference. :funnyface:

Pat - I would have soooooo like to afford all the items we saw, but I have to stay in the reality now. OMFG! But, a girl can dream can't she. I had a great time shopping all the same w/you and Marie.

Dina - So good to see you again as well. I loved your outfit on Saturday. Everyone just looked so damn good.

To all you lovely Midwest GALS have a great day. I shall return later posting my pics.

Cassie

Edited by Cassie

UGH!!!! :(

I just downloaded my pics from Vegas and half of them did not download right!!! Only half the picture is there! :swear:

I have to leave now for awhile and today is the hubby's B-day and we will be out late tonight, so I guess I won't get to them until tomorrow. :tantrum:

Oh well.....

Edited by Scorpio613

Welcome back everyone!! Good to see the pics and know you all had a blast!!!

peaking of hope....Here's to smooth sailing with chemo pills Shannan..

Swetster

Thanks for all of the words of encouragement I've been getting from everyone. So far, so good. Haven't experienced any nausea or other ill effects other than the fact that I've been feeling more tired than normal. One of the anti-nausea meds is a sedative, so I think it's just taking some time to wear off in the morning. I'll take feeling sleepy over feeling like I could throw up any day of the week!! On a positive note, I've not had as much of an appetite as normal, so maybe there could be the benefit of some weight loss thrown in there! :cunning: Goodness knows I could stand to lose around 30 lbs. So, we'll see.

Trixie-Not trying to embarrass you or anything, but did you get extensions put in your hair? I swear your hair wasn't that long when I saw you at the Colorado Cony in August, or maybe it was and I just didn't notice. I was looking at your pics from Vegas and thinking how long and pretty it looks. I'm in the slow process of growing mine out long again, and I'm to the stage where I'm tempted to get it cut off again just because I have all of these weird layers that want to be curly and flip the wrong way. Thank God for hair straighteners!!

Cassie-welcome back and glad you had a good time! And BTW, if you figure out a way to see Gerry you gotta let me in on that secret okay?? :D

PatKay, sorry your pics are not loading, hope they load right for you later. And hope you have fun out with the hubby tonight!!

Can't wait to see more pictures from Vegas!

Hi to Swetster, Terra & Shannon! :wave:

hey ladies...

where are all my gals. I hope all is well.

I am stuck at work right now and I miss my hubby and kid. This month has been crazy. I have been working a lot of evenings and I am soooooooooo tired.

Well...I will check back in later.

Been a while since I've posted.

I am SO, SO glad all you ladies had a rockin' time in Vegas.

Trixie....your pictures turned out really well. You and Paul are a very handsome couple. You two should go on that dance show that is on Fox, I can't remember the name, but I bet you two would win!!!

Shannon....I will be saying prayer for you in hope that your chemo pills work out. Keep up your faith and positive attitude, those are two of the most important things to have.

PatK...I hope you can get your pictures uploaded so we can see them.

I just love window shopping!!! My sister and I do it all the time and we pick things and tell each other what we would do if we could afford them.

Miklyn.....you looked gorgeous in Trixies pictures!!!! Have you also lost some inches?? It looks as if you have. Keep up the good work!!!

HELLO to everyone else out there in Gerryland!!!!

Shannan - Girlfriend, you just made me feel all glamorous!! Nope, that's my natural hair! Once it gets past a certain point it tends to grow like a weed. My hair was just a bit shorter than yours and it took me the past three years to grow it to this. Before I cut it it was almost down to my waist - which I'm aiming for now. Also, I'm so glad to hear you don't have the nausea so far; I'm like you, I'd take being tired over naucious.

Pat - Have fun celebrating your hubby's birthday tonight!!I hope you have a great time! Bummer about the pics not uploading right; take another shot tomorrow. You're the picture queen, so I know you have tons!

Terra - I'm sorry you have had to put in extra hours this week. Hopefully the chaos will be over soon and you can see your hubby and little guy more!

Swetster - So glad to hear that Tom is doing so much better!!! You have a reasonable excuse to not attend the HG this year - spend time with that awesome boy of yours!

Cassie - Thank you! Paul and I were whispering to eachother, "Oh crap! We have to follow this?? Everyone is crying!!" Glad we were able to add a little latin spice to the mix! Next year we're going to actually take the time to choreograph (since all the choreographing we did was for about 1/2 hour in the hotel room). At the next cony we're going to do a swing dance. I had better get my butt in shape for that!

Good Morning Ladies

Ugh, for some reason I am SUPER tired today. I'm certainly chugging the coffee! I'm looking forward to going home, getting the kids down for a nap, and then taking one as well.

I heard from my friend who watched Caffrey and she said her dog has been mopey since Caffrey left. Poor girl, her man left! I told my friend to bring her dog over whenever she comes over to my house (which is rare these days because she lives up in Vernon Hills).

Anyways, I have to get some work done. Ever since I got back from Vegas my mind just hasn't been in "work" mode. Although, my house is now spotless from all the dang cleaning I've been doing. I'll be lurking around!

since all the choreographing we did was for about 1/2 hour in the hotel room

Yeah, I bet you two did do some choreographing in the hotel room!! Ummhmmm. :rotflmao: Sorry, my mind is a bit in the gutter today. It's been about a week since I've properly choreographed, so I'm due!!

Trixie-Yeah, my hair used to be down to my waist when I was in college and back when I was a skinny, mini 115 lbs. I was hawt!!...if I do say so myself. I just like longer hair on most people, although some people can pull off a really short hair do well. I got it all chopped off after breaking up with a boyfriend because he loved my hair long. Isn't it stupid that we do stuff like that after breaking up with someone? I've had it long again several times since then but have it kept it no more than halfway down my back since I had Hollyn. Man, could she yank some hair when she was a baby!

Ok, I'm out for now. Ta, ta!

Oh yeah, Stacie-Where do you live in Nebraska? Are you within a 3 to 4 hour drive from KC? It would be fun to get together some weekend.

Good Afternoon Ladies,

When I woke up this morning and turned on the tv, the show that was on was called Las Vegas Green and they were showing the Flamingo Hotel! :claphands: It was a show about how Vegas has turned a desert into a lush, tropical paradise. They showed the Flamingo pool with all its palm trees, the Flamingos, Coi Fish and Penguins. Did anyone see the penguins? I couldn't find them but I did see the Flamingos and fish. Seeing this show brought back memories of :vegasbaby:...hard to believe it will be a week tomorrow that I was there! :confused:

Yesterday was a fun day! We spent part of the day at the pool, then went to my son's baseball game, then celebrated my hubby's b-day by going to an Irish Pub! Not Ballydoyle's, but another nice one just down the street from my house. After we ate we played darts with the kids and I won! :yippee: It was such a beautiful night that we just drove around with the windows down and the music up! The kids loved it!

We will celebrate my hubby b-day with his family this Sunday as I am having the family over for Father's Day. I am NOT looking forward to having my crazy SIL over!!! :( But since we are NOT serving any alcohol, hopefully she will be ok.

Trixie...I know what you mean about not wanting to be in the "work" mode. I have to get my house in order for Sunday and I am just not in the mood. Since you ARE, would you like to come over and clean my house? :lol:

I hope to find some time to work on my Vegas pics again. I do not know what happened? Some downloaded in Photobucket just fine and others were only half the picture? :confused:

REMINDER: The Highland Games start Friday with the Ceilidh! I will be going, who else will meet me there? The Games are Saturday and we are to meet at Barbara's tent again. Is somewhere between 10 & 11 AM ok with everyone? She is making names tags for us again, so please bring your lanyards if you have them. Dinner will follow AFTER the HG event is over. This way everyone can see the Tatoo, which is the highlight of the Highland Games!

FYI: Since the Highland Games IS a family event, please feel free to bring your family, spouse/significant other to our gathering! Since we are not oggling MMG or watching GB movies, it is easier to have other family members at this gathering without issue! ;)

Edited by Scorpio613

I'm the same way, I love long hair - I always feel so glamrous. Of course when I chopped it I was pregnant with my daughter, so instead of being cute, it made me look like a round-faced, soccer mom.

I went from this....

Posted Image

To this (bleck).....

Posted Image

What are we thinking sometimes???

Oh, and as for the choreographing..... :p If we were doing THAT kind of choreographing Miklyn would have been grossed out since she was in the room, too! LOL

Pat - We must have posted at the same time! I'll be more than happy to come get your house in order as long as I don't have to actually use my brain and think. I have energy, just no brain power these days! And, it looks like the munchkins are coming with me on Saturday since I have no babysitter. :( I think they'll enjoy it and have fun, though. Although, that probably means I'll have to opt out of the dinner (possibly, we'll see how they're holding up). I'm still waiting to hear if Janis can watch them tomorrow night - or else they're coming with me then, too! Ugh! Although, my kids are pretty good and will probably just take it all in!

Edited by Trixie

Pat - We must have posted at the same time! I'll be more than happy to come get your house in order as long as I don't have to actually use my brain and think. I have energy, just no brain power these days! And, it looks like the munchkins are coming with me on Saturday since I have no babysitter. I think they'll enjoy it and have fun, though. Although, that probably means I'll have to opt out of the dinner (possibly, we'll see how they're holding up). I'm still waiting to hear if Janis can watch them tomorrow night - or else they're coming with me then, too! Ugh! Although, my kids are pretty good and will probably just take it all in!

Trixie...That is fine that the kiddies come with you! I know it is not always easy to walk around with 2 little ones, but there are so many things for them to see, they should be fine. I read in the paper that this year they are having a children's craft tent (first time) run by a lady who is a former girl scout leader, so she knows what to do to keep kids busy! So there will be things for your little ones to do to keep them occupied for awhile! Dinner is fine...kids are welcome at the restaurant we are going to because they have a kids menu! ;)

I am sure they would love the Ceilidh because of the music. Hey they both have to learn to be little dancers like their Mom & Dad! :D

Hello, my midwest GALS! I bring news from the gutter. Well actually, Stef posted them but we have been all over them! Quite literally, I assure you!

WARNING! Viewing of these pikks may cause combustion and or pregnancy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by DawnS

Hey Dawn...I am definiately digging pic #2 - "Pin the Tail on Gerry's Butt" pic!!! :lol:

And pic #1 - proof that Gerry does NOT always go Commando!!! :rotflmao:

Btw...I will take :spontaneous: over "pg"...thank you! :D

Edited by Scorpio613