Gerard Butler GALS

5/16 - Butler's Game

http://movies.ign.com/

Butler's Game

Gerard Butler (300) will star in the thriller Game for Lakeshore Entertainment and Crank creators Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor. Neveldine and Taylor will script and direct Game, which begins filming in January.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, "the high-concept thriller takes place in the near future, when mind-control technology has taken society by storm. In this dystopian world, the ultimate online simulation environment is humans remote-controlling other humans in mass-scale, multiplayer online gaming."

Butler reportedly plays "Kable, the No. 1-ranked warrior in the highest-rated game, called 'Slayers.' With his every move tracked by millions, Kable's ultimate challenge is to regain his identity and bring down the system that has imprisoned him."

"The Internet has given us global interconnectivity, yet it has also made us more isolated, voyeuristic and predatory. We have to ask ourselves if we are losing humanity along the way," Lakeshore's Tom Rosenberg told the trade.

Rosenberg, who will also produce the film, called Butler "the perfect actor to play Kable, a man who represents the fight against the ruthless commercialization of our lives."

The more I'm reading about this movie, the more I'm liking it.

You have to agree, I think that while there are many benefits from computers and the internet, I also think there are many MANY drawbacks.

Yay! Just woke up (late, as it's past 7 am...), read the news on comingsoon.net while having breakfast and was about to post them here, but I'm glad someone did it first! Huzzah for Gerry!!! :claphands: :claphands: :claphands:

Okaaay.......so what happened with the Snake dude???? Hard to keep up with Gerry these days....but after POTO & 300 this guy can do anything!!! He is Amazing!!

Debrasue

Fascinating idea for a story. I'm glad Gerry is in on it. It's mind boggling what power the internet has on a person these days. Great idea. Did the idea come from a book? I can't wait to hear more on this.

Sally

Wow! So much happening with Gerry now, my head is spinning! :D

So happy for him though and I hope the projects - Watchmen and Game - do take off well!

Wonder whatever happened to Priest?

Good question...
iMDb still reports "negotiations" going on about that... :confused:

......or Therese Raquin, Burns, EFNY, Watchmen......... I may be the only fan to be less than enthusiastic about the announcement, but it sounds way too much like the Matrix series to moi, which I did NOT like. Again, could be my advanced age.

So it's, Gerry the Kable Guy. Oh slap me...I just had to say it.

:funnyabove: :funnyabove: :rotflmao: Git 'er dun Gerry!

......or Therese Raquin, Burns, EFNY, Watchmen......... I may be the only fan to be less than enthusiastic about the announcement, but it sounds way too much like the Matrix series to moi, which I did NOT like. Again, could be my advanced age.

I concur. This doesn't sound all that good to me. Sounds like Hollywood trying to redecorate the same old wheel ... which is what I said about EFNY. Gerry is an originator, not a duplicator.

As for Priest, it's my understanding that the director abruptly left the project in a "huff" and it's put a kink in productions.

As for Burns, Gerry is on record more and more often indicating that this is a very "personal project" for him. I've also heard him say (somewhere) that with the success of 300 he really hopes to find a way to get this one done. So, as long as Gerry has it in his heart to do this one, hopefully it won't go away. As a "Gerry fan" I literally cannot imagine a more "pairrrfect rrrrrole" for him ... a Scottish literary, artistic type with a penchant for wumen! I get all dewey just daydreaming about the snog scenes in THAT one ... :thud:

Bottom line: I'll plunk down my money to watch him do almost ANYTHING.

(Katie: GitRDone ... LMAO)

:kisswink:

I can only say i'm thrilled that Mr B is getting the attention/opportunities now he so rightly deserves, but for me personally i am moved the most when i see him in films with one on one close relationships and not so much action, action, action. I LOVED 300 because it is just fookin great, but my fav part of all of it was when he was teaching and play fighting with his son. He kisses him and rubs his head and that's what made the film for me. If it weren't for the extremely touching parts like that and how much he obviously loved his men, then i don't think it would have had the affect on me that it did. For Gerry to agree to this then i guess he must see something original in it, otherwise why bother. It does bug me that you seem to get the same old idea re-worked time and time again by the industry as if us movie-goers can't tell the difference, but i'm sure as with everything he's done Mr B will put his heart and soul into it and therefore possibly (and i try not to make rash judgements) make a diamond out of a pile of ummm ash!

Love to all

Simone

xxxxxxx

Edited by eriksenglishrose

Simone, you articulated my own opinion about what I loved best about 300 *beautifully.* Thank you!

Now, about this announcement... He-Man has generally been debunked as having never involved Gerry, and that makes me heave a sigh of relief and want to kiss the ground in thanks and praise. I am not in love with the idea of revamping ETNY either; and the idea that Priest might still come off likewise makes me go :lalala:

However...I can see Gerry really putting his own sarcastic stamp on this role, delivering something fiercely original and intense...all the while regaining a 300-fierce physique in preparation for the role. :kisswink:

Do I really live for the projects that are more like Dear Frankie or the devoutly to be wished Burns? Yeah...Gerry is just too good an actor to be 'wasted' (throwing some grains of salt in the air with that one) on too many action flicks. But so far this project appeals to me a lot more than some others that claim to have Gerry/his people interested in them, so I am going to give this announcement :pointy: .

kissy :kisswink:

Oh my gosh, I feel like such a dolt...I saw the headline about "Game," and I thought it was about "Game of their Lives"! :doh:

New roles new roles, w00t! :claphands:

~Mel

Guest greyeyegoddess

Okaaay.......so what happened with the Snake dude???? Hard to keep up with Gerry these days....but after POTO & 300 this guy can do anything!!! He is Amazing!!

Debrasue

According to the CAFRI interview from Brazil, Escape won't even start until later this year or next year.

So Gerry doesn't want to be sitting around, and I don't blame him.

~alice

:music:

So it's, Gerry the Kable Guy. Oh slap me...I just had to say it.

:funnyabove: :funnyabove: :rotflmao: Git 'er dun Gerry!

:funnyabove: :rotflmao:

Too funny!! And I'm sure you were not alone-I was right with you as I was reading it!

This man is so driven he never stops. This is wonderful for him and I know as always he will put everything he has in to everything he does. Go Gerry Go betts

Wow, you ladies are all so knowlegeable about some of his possible upcoming roles..I don't know a lot about many of the characters and roles he supposedly is considering..I only know that, as much as I want anything he's involved in to be a resounding success..whether any of his movies turn out to be hits or not, he is ALWAYS worth watching, and I wish him the best of luck in whatever he chooses to do!

Alison

I love it when they say that Gerry is the perfect man to play the role! LOVE IT! It sounds like an interesting movie...im going to have to go look up more about it!

Brumie

This sounds like an interesting movie.

But, hmmmm...how can Gerry possibly do ALL of these movies that they are saying he's going to do? :lol:

It wonderful that he's getting the opportunities though, and I'm positive that he'll make the best choices! Even if he doesn't...his gals will still support him! :inlove: