Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
jenn

5/17 - Gerard Butler Joins Untouchables Prequel

A friend of mine just texted me and said, "Have you seen 'The Untouchables'? Apparently Gerard Butler is in the prequal." And I thought, "that's weird, I haven't heard..." But then I thought I'd better refresh my GALS screen, and VIOLA!! :claphands: SCHWEET.

~Mel

Gerry is supposed to play Jimmy the Irish cop, so no fedora...

:claphands: :yippee: :inlove:

Since it's a prequel, I guess we can count on him not dying?

Got to get the original out this weekend and watch it!

sadie?

Edited by sadiephanobutlr

:claphands::claphands:WOW!!! Great News!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!

Love The Untuouchables, This is so fookin awesome.

I am loving life!!!

Gerry, I'm absolutely thrilled for you and I can't wait to see this. :claphands:

Marianne

Jimmy Malone!!!! The Best!!!!!

You know Ladies ...seeing how excited we all are over this can you imagine what it will be like if ...I mean when he wins an Oscar???

:claphands::claphands: Fran...Beaming from ear to ear!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by ladyfran

Gerald Butler (300) will star in Brian De Palma's The Untouchables: Capone Rising, reports Variety.

What is it with not being able to get this man's name spelled correctly?

I know Fran...the minute my hubby walked in the door when he got home from work, I practically tackled him with the news!

I swear, it's like Gerry is a member of my family! LOL!

Swannie

Ohhh - the news is coming so fast and furious today - my head is spinning! :bouncydrool3: :bouncydrool3:

OMFB!!! The G in a Brian DePalma movie!!! I'm...just.... :swoon: and an Untouchables prequel?!?!?!? gaaaaahhhhhhhhh...... :thudstars: (I saw the first one opening night, packed theater...first movie I ever saw where people clapped and cheered for the costume designer!! Oh please...let Giorgio Armani do them for this one too..) It's still one of my favorite films...I absofookinlutely cannot wait for this one!!!

OMG THIS IS AMAZING! Go GERRY!!!! :claphands: I am so happy for him and the Untouchables is an amazing opportunity and role! I can't believe it! Wait....of course I can...its our Gerry and he is finally getting what he deserves! The attention and the amazing movie offers are roling in! :clap: :yippee:

The Gerry movies are coming in herds! LOve it!!! :yippee: :woo:

Brumie

this is such great news !!!! boy he is into it now. GO Gerry baby. :ohbaby2: :yourock: :yippee:

Wow wow! That's SOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Hubby and I were just talking the other day about how Gerry reminds us of Sean Connery -- not in terms of looks, but that they both have the charisma, the voice, the sexiness (well, when Sean was younger anyways)... And now Gerry is getting a role made famous by Sean Connery, talk about being cosmic :wow2:

Edited by ChinaPearl

Iam so happy for Gerry!!!! He is one busy fella!!!! He has alot going on right now. I wonder if they will film in Chicago!!!!!! I have to go up there if they do. :yippee:

I'm guessing since it is a period piece they will film mostly in a studio or on a backlot somewhere. So, was Jimmy a beat cop? Is there a possibility of seeing Gerry in a uniform?? ("I want a uniform" - sorry, Ephialtes, this one's for Gerry!!!!) I'm going to have to "educate" myself on The Untouchables - I have seen it - but more in passing than really paying attention. I'm not really sure why because I like gangster movies, especially from that era.

This is so awesome. I am pleased because I enjoyed The Untouchables.

I think our man Gerry and OSCAR :cheer2: are going to become fast friends very soon if this keeps up. As I said before, I think we all knew that 300 was going to finally put him on the map. The world really is at his feet now.

:bow::bow: CONGRATULATIONS GERRY ... WE LOVE YOU! :hearts:

I'm so happy for him, I'm in tears! This is just SOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN' FANTASTIC!!!!!

Looks like we'll be seeing a lot of our guy on the big screen.... an orgy of G movies!!!!!!!

Swannie

YES SWAN - FINALLY AN "ORGY" OF GB MOVIES

AND WE ARE ALL INVITED !!!

DLSPBS = PAT

"The Next Big Thing" is now "THE Thing."

I'm feeling very melancholy.

Its like I'm taking the launch pad apart because the Gerry Rocket already took off.

And I will miss the launch pad a great deal. That was a lot of the fun for me.

But I'm happy for him. He can really enjoy his success now.

Good on him. :lolita:

I'm posting again just for the fact that I am so SO happy about this:

One, he's working with Brian DePalma, you want attention to detail..you'll see it there. A HUGE director.

Two, Nic Cage, who, let's face it people, it will be GREAT to see him get into a drama with no action, and he has an Academy Award and can totally kick arse in the acting department when he wants too.

Three, how apropriate is it that he's playing Sean's role in a prequel..and finally.

I BET HE WILL BE WEARING ONE OF THOSE OLD FASHIONED POLICE OFFICER'S UNIFORM THE BLUE ONES THAT WENT RIGHT UP TO THEIR NECKS, NAVY BLUE PEOPLE I had to do that in all caps because the visual alone may kill me..with possibly a buzzcut..and that hat..can you imagine how HIS EYES WILL LOOK..or how he'll fill that bad boy uniform OUT.

I think I may combust from this, the drama, the acting, the directing, the wardrobe.

Yes, I'm :thud:'ing already.

HOLY GOD. QB'S GONNA FLIP! NIC CAGE & GB IN THE SAME MOVIE???!!

OOHH, QBeeeeee!!!

*runs to tell the Queen*

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!

Gerard is definitely NOT slowing down!!! WOW! Awesome, "The Untouchables" was a great flick!!! The prequel will just that much better with GB & Nicholas Cage - ohmigosh!!! :heat: :inlove: :tasty:

:woo::woo::woo: another Scotsman playing Irish cop Jimmy Malone in a Capone movie....it won Sean the oscar and Gerry is even better than Sean.....Oscar he we come!!!

I'm glad he's getting the work I really am. Again, I will see anything that our dear boy is in w/out a doubt. I'm making a habit of being a bit negative w/his choices I know, but again, I'm on the fence w/this one. I heard about Nic Cage being in this movie a couple days ago and the first thing I thought was Who Cares. Little did I know that Gerry was connected. I think Nic Cage has a very shakey career right now. He has been batting very low w/his movie choices and to an extent I don't think he's taken as seriously as he used to be after he won the Oscar. It appeared that every role he took was a so called $$$ grab. Lets hope that w/this one he can redeem himself and in turn make a fan out of me. I'm all for Gerry doing this because it does sound like a good role, I'm just not into him co-starring w/Nic Cage.

Cassie