Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Perrin

5/17 - Butler lands on 'Island'

I read all about this first thing this morning and I have a huge grin from ear to ear! What a great start to the weekend. I'm so happy that Gerry is trying 3 different types of genres, I thought he might be cast only as an action star. This must have been the meeting with the president of Fox that he missed when he had his accident. Everyone now realizes what we have known for so long, that Gerry is the next biggest thing! He HAS arrived! Look at the co-stars he has now. But I want to know about Watchmen also...that's supposed to film starting in August in Vancouver. Gerry said EFNY is a year away as the script is still to be written.

It looks like filming for him will be back to back this summer/fall. Didn't he do that with DF, GOTL and POTO? Then I think Timeline was in there somewhere. Gerry has always said he likes Australian ladies...I think it will actually be their winter when he films there.

:claphands: :yippee: :inlove:

:cunning:

:yippee:

Maybe Australia is a working, soak the sun up holiday...he experienced that lightening incident didn't he on Bondi beach while on vacation between POTO and Dear Frankie promotions.....and as for Aussi women I'd say they'd pretty much fit GB's bill...athletic, fun loving and yet casual and IN YOUR FACE HONEST....pretty damn perfect I'd say.....and total BA@@ BREAKERS....YUP he would have found his match and no mistake...... plus I do believe Aussie women are partial to BRITISH MEN.....watch out Gerry Aussie ovaries on the war path....... :cunning:

:cunning:

:lolita:

WOW! All of this Gerry news is Awesome! I am so excited that he is doing so many new films. I know he will be great (and beautiful) in all of them.

Rebekah

Whooo Hoooo!!!! He's coming to Australia!!!!!!

Aw, Cat! My FIRST THOUGHT was, "Cat's gonna shite. Gerry's going to be DownUnder!" (Now ... let's all take a few moments to fantasize about Gerry being "down" AND "under" ... sigh)

[Pause for fantasy]

And.... release....

Aw, Cat! My FIRST THOUGHT was, "Cat's gonna shite. Gerry's going to be DownUnder!" (Now ... let's all take a few moments to fantasize about Gerry being "down" AND "under" ... sigh)

[Pause for fantasy]

And.... release....

Spot you are too much!! :funnyabove: :funnyabove: :funnyabove: :funnyabove: It's been such a dry spell and now all this new news. I'm ecstatic!! Um...Cat, want some company?? :cunning:

:claphands::claphands: Fran

[Pause for fantasy]

And.... release....

Thank you for that wonderful thought on this Friday morning. What a great way to start the weekend!

Rebekah

What happened to "Escape from New York"???

Sue

Same thing that happened to Burns and Terese Raquin, Priest, et.al. I guess. I think the new lineup is fine, very diverse and some interesting possibilities WITH ONE HUGE EXCEPTION......not one of these new projects, especially Nim's Island, suggest the possibility of some hot monkey love between GB and leading lady. Am I the only one profoundly disappointed in this? OK, I'm a perve, but for God's sake don't these movie people know what they have in GB? Makes BP, GC, TC look like monks.

my first thought was "wow another movie??!!!!" Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but WOW - everyday there's a new annoucement.

Don't wear yourself down, sweetie!!! :hugsandsnogs:

Remember that "Escape from New York" is still in the early early stages of development, so even without all these other films, it's still gonna take awhile to get it on its feet.

Role after role after role! Go get 'em Gerry!! :yippee:

~Mel

First and foremost I am sooo happy that he is getting all the wonderful roles and adding it to his resume of great films.

Now we all are worried about his health and stuff but didnt he say that he is either all in or nothing. Taking things to the extreme or not at all. He will do fine and we'll be happy with all the movies he is making.

First and foremost I am sooo happy that he is getting all the wonderful roles and adding it to his resume of great films.

Now we all are worried about his health and stuff but didnt he say that he is either all in or nothing. Taking things to the extreme or not at all. He will do fine and we'll be happy with all the movies he is making.

I totally agree. I think he is doing the right thing... making a lot of movies right now that he is still young. He can and probably will slow down a few year from now, but right now he can make a difference and leave his mark on Hollywood, it's his time now. Plus while filming in Australia on a tropical beach I'm sure he can get some R and R.... ;) And if he enjoyes acting as much as I think he does, it won't be stress for him, it'll be a joy. I think promoting a movie wears him out more than shooting one.

I am so happy for the Australian gals... wish I'd be one of them... ;)

I am very excited about three new movies within 2 days... That's awesome! But I guess this means that Watchmen and Therese Raquin is off for Gerry?

Ina

Edited by Phanina

Dang! I was really hoping he'd be in the Watchmen....but then again, we haven't heard that he won't be in it. So let's wait and see. :D

WOW- a KID movie! He is diversifying just like we thought he should to show his range. Super idea. And I don't think the others would be involved if it wasn't a good script. :claphands:

I really smile when I read some of the topics. We all "worry" about our Gerry and whether he is wearing himself out or not. I wonder if he knows how much we truly "care" about him personally and not just as an actor.

I don't think he will ever not have time for his fans. I don't think his "mum" will let him forget us. Can't you just hear her admonishing him, "now, my boy, you mustn't forget your wonderful gals". He may kill himself doing it, but I don't think he will ever turn his back on those of us/you who have faithfully been behind him from the beginning. It is just not in his nature. He's a loyal Scot!!! :claphands:

GREAT NEWS!!! I'm so excited for Gerry - and for us.

Just from his history I would say it is far more difficult for Gerry when he is NOT filming than if he has several projects running back to back (or even simultaneously). He made The Jury at the same time he was filming Reign of Fire and then he flew to California for a couple of days to shoot Jewel of the Sahara in the midst of that. I don't know what the shooting schedules were for TR2 and Timeline but they were released 4 months apart, and then he did Dear Frankie, Game of Their Lives and POTO and I think B&G too, one right after the other. It always seemed to me that the stretch from fall of 2004 to fall of 2005 were his most difficult because aside from doing promotion on the other films he didn't have any new projects. Then he got "300" and started those insane workouts for a few months before filming started. He only had a month between the end of "300" and the start of BOAW and then a short break before PSILY, now he's been doing the promotions for "300" but no filming yet this year. I bet he is excited to get back to working on a movie - and he's got several that sound really good lined up. And HOPEFULLY - the money and the recognition from these will give us Burns in 2009!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun in Australia Gerry, and treat those Aussie GALS right! We'll miss you here stateside but we'll be happy to welcome you back.

What happened to "Escape from New York"???

Sue

Same thing that happened to Burns and Terese Raquin, Priest, et.al. I guess. I think the new lineup is fine, very diverse and some interesting possibilities WITH ONE HUGE EXCEPTION......not one of these new projects, especially Nim's Island, suggest the possibility of some hot monkey love between GB and leading lady. Am I the only one profoundly disappointed in this? OK, I'm a perve, but for God's sake don't these movie people know what they have in GB? Makes BP, GC, TC look like monks.

Okay, I confess.... I've had the same thoughts. None of these new roles include a strong romantic core, and when will he paired with a burning up the screen leading lady? (where the relationship is the focus of the story)

But.... the man has time. When he finds the right script, my hope is... he will do a deep emotional and beautiful romantic drama.

Until then, I celebrate every new role... because it means that our man has made it.

Swannie

Gerry knows what he's doing, this films in July, Capone in October and Game in January..that means he ahs at least a month in between movies..maybe a little less..even then, he has to strike while the iron is hot..so after all that, he can rest and make like one or two movies a year. I'm sure he'll be fine..or he can have my job, I'd totally switch professions. ;)

Escape is greenlighted..they just don't even have a script yet..but it's already been sold. So that may take longer to set up.

Edited by moonglow

I feel a little better because I see some other apprehension besides mine! Although I'm happy for the younger fans I'm a little frustrated because I really don't know why he's playing the father of a teen at this stage of his film boom!! I happen to be an older broad that would much rather see him in a meatier role... Like Burns or Terese Raquin or once again a leading man type of role! I don't think this will be it and even though I'm thrilled that he's doing the Untouchable thing...is he co-starring and Nic Cage the star?? I think it's time his new roles announced Starring Gerard Butler!!! I would say he's co-starring with Jodie Foster too! I can't help but feel this isn't a good role for him right now. Now I know a lot of you are going to disagree and that's fine because this is just my thoughts but I had to put it out there! Too young to be playing a teenagers Dad!!!!

:confused: Fran

There could be some hot scenes in Capone...there is always hope. I know it isn't a chick-flick on romance and relationship, but they may throw in another moon scene or something. Gerry seems to like challenges and he already has hot scenes down, no challenge there. We don't know anything about the leading lady yet. Let's wait this out. There may be some golden nuggets in there somewhere.

Hopefully,

Sally

I feel a little better because I see some other apprehension besides mine! Although I'm happy for the younger fans I'm a little frustrated because I really don't know why he's playing the father of a teen at this stage of his film boom!! I happen to be an older broad that would much rather see him in a meatier role... Like Burns or Terese Raquin or once again a leading man type of role! I don't think this will be it and even though I'm thrilled that he's doing the Untouchable thing...is he co-starring and Nic Cage the star?? I think it's time his new roles announced Starring Gerard Butler!!! I would say he's co-starring with Jodie Foster too! I can't help but feel this isn't a good role for him right now. Now I know a lot of you are going to disagree and that's fine because this is just my thoughts but I had to put it out there! Too young to be playing a teenagers Dad!!!!

:confused: Fran

I was wondering about that too, Fran. Isn't he too young to be a teenager's dad? But still, this role will give him a whole other fan base! he's already got the women, now he'll have kids and teenagers too. I hope they make him ONE HOT DAD!

It looks to me like he is really taking on a lot of diversified roles, and like I said... he has time.

But I truly do hope somewhere along the way, his image as a romantic LEADING dramatic actor will be developed and fully utilized.

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

I think the girl who's playing the daughter is only 11 years old, not a teenager...

Am I the only one profoundly disappointed in this?

No. No, you're definitely not. You are preachin' to the choir!

I hope they make him ONE HOT DAD!

FINALLY! A role that won't require him to dye his hair! OMG ... "salt-n-pepper" greying-at-the-temples Gerry :thud:

Am I the only one profoundly disappointed in this?

No. No, you're definitely not. You are preachin' to the choir!

Oh, come now GALS, we still have PSILY to look forward to for that sort of thing! Don't get all down-hearted about the apparent lack of love scenes. :kisswink:

Though in all seriousness, I'm really looking forward to the diversity Gerry's picking up while he's on a hot-plate, very smart of him, both career and aesthetic-wise. Although I'm sure some wouldn't say no to him having a steamy love scene or two in every film he does, that would categorize him, and he's said many times that he doesn't want that to happen. And it bloody well shouldn't, I mean his versatility talent is HUGE, and that sort of thing is few and far between among his contemporaries!

Yes, my Vanilla side is coming out in this post, but remember that Burns is back on the stove, and that'll serve up P-L-E-N-T-Y. :D

:hearts:

~Mel

I know they keep mentioning Burns but honestly. :confused: where is it?? I'm just not sure how much of an acting range that he'll be able to show in being (lalala once again) stranded on an Island. I think that has been done too too many times! Even if she is only eleven he's still too young and too Hawt to be playing this type of role! Boooriiing!! If it turns out to be great I'll be the first one to say I'm an idiot! JMO....well not that I'm an idiot....at least not yet anyway! :bonk:

:D Fran

Quite honestly, I think Gerry might have taken this role just to film in Australia! I know I would love to go there myself. And this will certainly add to his range of roles. He'll be able to play any character in the future. I know he thinks of himself as a character actor, and being a father would certainly be new to him. I know he was one in 300, but this is the other side of the spectrum.

:claphands: :yippee: :inlove: