Gerard Butler GALS

5/18 - Gerard Butler the new Scottish blue-chip stock

Perrin

http://people.monstersandcritics.com/news/...blue-chip_stock

Gerard Butler the new Scottish blue-chip stock

By Stone Martindale May 18, 2007, 15:51 GMT

Gerard Butler, the star of "300" who wore lttle more than a loin cloth and a rippling set of six-pack abs, has become this generation's Sean Connery, and out paced the demand for Ewan McGregor in film projects.

Butler has already been announced by Variety to be cast in "Escape from New York" remake, as well as the announced thriller "Game," now Butler has signed on for two more projects which were just announced in Variety.

He is also cast along with Jodie Foster and Abigail Breslin in the Fox Walden Media adventure "Nim's Island," set for release next April.

Breslin's character along with her father, to be played by Butler, is a scientist whose boat runs into trouble, leaving the girl to figure a way out, and makes contact via email to Foster for help.

Production Weekly lists Jennifer Flackett and Mark Levin as directors, and the production is set to begin shooting in late July in Australia from their adapted screenplay.

Butler will film 'Nim', then "Game," and then has another project, the leading role in Brian DePalma's "Untouchables" prequel "Capone Rising" for Paramount.

- sources: Prod. Weekly & Variety

Finally, finally, everyone is noticing what we have known about Gerry all along! I guess it took 300 to do that...he said he wanted to make it the role of his life and he did.

Thanks for the great news!

:claphands: :inlove:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

YES! You go Gerry....

I am so proud of being a fan of Gerry's through these past years when everyone asked "Gerry Who??" Now I can say to my friends :funnyface::funnyface::funnyface: neenerneenerneener!

hugs,

Sue

NICE! Thanks Perrin! LOL, I'm with you Irene, how many shares can I get my hands on?

:kisswink:

~Mel

I'm not sure why that happened...but it posted twice...does that mean I'm twice as excited as everybody else? Posted Image Edited by irish

Oh, I had to add...

A friend of mine texted me about the Untouchables prequel, and he said about Gerry, "I'm just so happy about the casting. He's a perfect choice."

Posted Image

Yes, yes he is!

~Mel

I'm glad this article wrapped up by stating the order in which these movies will be filmed. Like many of you, I was wondering how in the world Gerry was going to juggle all these jobs! :pointy:

I am also wondering when the country of Scotland is going to recognize that Gerry is one of their greatest exports! :confused:

Hey Sue, we can say "neener-neener" :nanana: to them, too, when it finally happens! :funnyface:

Hehehehehehehehe you gals are so funny!! But...I'll join ya's with the neneneneneer!! :claphands: Go get em G...You got it!!!....... and now those fools finally woke up ...they want it!!!

:kisswink: Fran

Wonderful news. Did you catch what the writer says towards the end of the article? "the leading role" in Capone Rising.

It's been a long time in arriving but at last Gerry's tremendous acting ability is being widely recognised. The range of these three latest projects is astonishing and I suspect there aren't too many actors who could display such diversity.

Edited by patsyb

Like many of you, I receive the google notices whenever there is Gerry news.

Most of them are repeats of other new bits, but the TITLE of the following one was just perfect!! :yippee:

"It's official - Gerard Butler is taking over Hollywood

A little over a few hours since I wrote about Scottish actor Gerard Butler's hiring in The Untouchables: Capone Rising and news has come through of another role he has been tapped up for! Variety are telling us that the actor will star opposite Jodie Foster in the adventure movie Nim's Island.

This is Butler's third big casting move in two days, after he also signed up for a role in the futuristic thriller Game on Thursday. Staring alongside Foster and Butler will be Little Miss Sunshine actress Abigail Breslin, which we first reported last month. "

Edited by tilzey

I love it love it!! I must be getting my movie schedules mixed up because I thought they said that Game would start filming in January and Capone Rising would start filming in October which would put Capone before Game. Not that it matters - it is 3 big films of different types and working with TWO more Oscar-winners. And hee hee - I LOVE when it says he is the LEADING role in Capone Rising (NOT Nicholas Cage....) Yup - our boy is finally getting the recognition he deserves!!!!

(doing a little soft shoe) Heaven, I'm in heaven.......

:D Our guy's been a busy, busy boy signing all these contracts for upcoming films!! :yippee: Let's hear anyone say to us now....Gerard Who???

We've loved you from the beginning, Ger and we'll be along with you for the rest of the ride!! :claphands:

JUDE

HE IS THE HOTTEST THING IN HOLLYWOOD!!!!! :whome2:

Of course you silly!!!!

All I have to say is "It's about Fookin' Time!!!!

:bounce:

These all sound like they will all be great movies-- cant wait to see them.

Annemarie

:hearts:

Yeah Gerry! So happy for him but he is signing so many movies that I can't keep up...i miss a day of being on the net and he's signed like three more movies! LOL

But congrats anyway because I would always go through Gerry withdraw in between his movies but now it looks like my addiction will be satisfied!

YEAH GERRY! :claphands:

Brumie

This is all so exciting :claphands::claphands::claphands: I can't wait for all these movies to come out. I can't wait to see Gerry in those 1930's style fashions in Capone Rising. He will make a great 30's cop. Plus he'll be able to turn on that accent of his :claphands: and show off his acting skills. Then I'll get to go see him, with my daughter, in Nim's Island. :woo:

Gerry :yourock::whome2: