Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

WELCOME to the 20th floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 49 floors to go to reach 69 again!

As we suspected, with the blockbuster hit of "300" the industry has finally noticed Gerry and he is signing for new roles right and left. Many have expressed a combination of excitement and concern. So feel free to voice your feelings, and to share them here. While it is thrilling to see the roles raining down on him we all hope he stays nice and warm and dry and stays healthy! As always, we want nothing but the best for this amazingly talented and wonderful guy!

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have two 20th floors going - I just posted on the other one. Getting confused here!! Since the other floor is probably going to be deleted, I'm reposting what I did there.....

"Whoa! Another floor! I'm getting a nose bleed from the altitude!

Sue, you were not hogging the thread! :rotflmao: The problems were mine. I had managed to get my "Options" set to linear, and I couldn't make out what anyone was saying. My bad! Elissa was here today and pointed it out, otherwise I thought I was having a brain f*rt! Anyway, All better now - I didn't think one tiny Bailey's Irish Cream could put me under the table, but you never know with me, alcohol has never been my thing! Now, CHOCOLATE is something else all together!

Lish, the new picture of Brayan on his Journal was wonderful. I love looking at his precious face. He is really proving what a wee warrior he is! It's no wonder he is angry, though. Going from a lovely, quiet, warm, pain free enviroment to having bright lights and noise and tape on his tiny face and people poking at him with stuff and sticking things in him! I'd pitch a fit too!! Make sure he knows all his auntys still have him in their prayers.

Hope everyone has a great evening! I'm counting down hours to Friday night's telecast. That tiny clip we saw of Gerry getting his award on You Tube was NOT enough! By the way, one of the pictures I saved was the shot of Gerry in the isle as he approached the stage. It is a shot from behind, and you get to see all those gorgeous curls on the back of his head. Ya just want to run your fingers all over them!

**must not think about fingers all over Gerry - must stay PG 13 - must go take a cold shower.....**"

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

OK...now I'm confused :confused: and I didn't even have any Baileys!!!

Guess I'll follow suit Suzie and post here what I just posted there:

But But Suzie, I thought you made those world famous margaritas? Don't ya drink em??

Well, I'm glad it wasn't me and my grey slacked (though he isn't slack at ALL in that picture ) MAN picture. Oh yeah, we must keep it PG-13 here!

I've already programed my tv to remind me....not that I can forget Frieday night!

Betts, you are amazing....

hugs,

Sue

Edited by irish

I have the awards ceremony written in bold, red lettering on my wall calendar at work. People sort of look at it when they come in, like, "Whaaa.....??" C'mon, folks, it's GERRY!!! I've already told my family that I have exclusive rights to the big screen tv that night, and NOTHING is going to prevent me from watching!! I love the pic's I've seen so far...he looks amazing! I love his hair, it looks so casual and rumpled, and yes, I also loved the back-of-the-head shot with all those curls. Mmmmmmmmmm.........

I couldn't agree more Karen Elizabeth! I've got it made cause my husband just heard that Joe Cocker is on it too....I won't have any problems getting the big screen tv!

Hi Mousie :seeyou:

hugs,

Sue

Sorry GALS - I am posting from my laptop and it went and posted the other 20th floor before I was done updating the thread, so I went in to edit it and then posted but instead of editing it somehow posted the revised version too. This is the correct 20th floor and the other has been deleted.

Sue, you are so right. A hunt for Gerry is always so worth it. :tasty: Can't think of anything I'd rather do. Posted Image Peggy

Thanks Susan! I don't know how you moderators/admins keep up, I swear! But I sure do appreciate it.

Peggy, me too honey. How is Ron doing sweetie? I'm still praying for him and you?

Watched Gerry going up on the stage on that youtube video of the stunt awards ....oh man, I can't wait until Friday!! And to answer Susan's question on awards....I'm predicting that Gerry is going to win an oscar...maybe for Capone Rising. He sounds really excited about the role already!!!!

hugs,

Sue

Sue, Ron is doing better as far as not partying and such. But he isn't doing so well health wise. He is in pain all the time from nerve damage to his back and legs. He's just been fitted for braces for both legs as he trips all over the place at times because of drop foot in both feet. He has to go to pain management for the pain and the pills weren't working, now they have him on the patches to control the pain. They help more then the pills but he still has breakthrough pain sometimes and he has a hard time sleeping at night. His back hurts because of the way he walks but the Doc says when he gets his braces he should feel a big difference. Right now he has those canes that come up just above your elbow.They wouldn't let him leave the hospital without them. But hopefully he's realized he can't continue to drink and party the way he was. Every day I pray to God to just get us through another day where he stays on the right track. Thank you so much for your support and for caring.

How's the new grandbaby? Are you still on Cloud 9 ? I am so happy for you.!

Posted Image

Posted Image Peggy

Oh Peggy, what a heartbreak for you to watch your son have to go through this. I wish I could give you a big hug in person...but here is the biggest cyber hugPosted Image I'm always praying for both of you.

Yes, I am still on cloud 9....it just keeps getting better ... has really seemed to change Bryan Sr. (thank you Lord)...his priorities are now on his beloved son...he is soooo enamored by him. He keeps calling me every time his son does some absolutely "genius" thing! And Jane (God love her) is starting to heal and her and B2 (that's what I call him) have finally figured out how to breast feed without killing Jane and driving B2 to distraction! And as for B2 himself...well, I couldn't love him more. I look at those precious pictures of Lish's Brayan and I think what a brute I have for a grandson....I think he already is a spartan!

Posted Image

I just thank God everyday for him...oooohhhh and next Wednesday I'm going down and I get to have him all to myself all day Thursday. Posted Image

Posted Image

love,

Sue

Irish, I understand...when I told my guy that The Rock makes his entrance by crashing through a wall on the back of a motorcycle, he sort of grinned, like....yeah, okay, maybe I'll check it out!

Okay, off to YouTube to check out the awards video clip...

Peggy, as the mother of a teenager, I have such a deeper appreciation for what my parents had to endure with me and my sisters. I was born in the same calendar year as my older sister (Irish twins), and my younger sister is barely a year younger than me and I can tell you, we put my poor folks through some hell. I remember being at a club in Boston with my older sister and we'd both had way more than we should have...she crashed through a glass table top and was cut up pretty badly. That ended our senseless partying. I'm so sorry your son had to have such a hard lesson; I'm praying for a speedy recovery and that he's soon pain-free. As parents, I sometimes think we feel their pain more intensely than they do (okay, that may not be true in his case). Best wishes to you both as you go through this.

Ahhh Karen...do you go by Karen or Karen Elizabeth??

You are Irish are you? Can you tell by my GALS name that I have a bit of the Irish in me too! Only I grew up in New York....are you from Boston? We have to chat sometime!

hugs,

Sue

OKAY ...I finally made it here! Allo all my Lovelies! Been catching up on some reading and got a little mishconbobbled but think I got it straight now! Thanks to our busy bee mods ...they keep us straight don't they? Hehehehehe ...in more ways then one! :kisswink:

Hi Karen, is it alright to call you that? Have we met? If not Welcome Sweetie to the greatest Gerry site you can find! Aw Hell you've been here a while I see so I don't have to tell you anything...you know by now what a great bunch of Gals we have here!

Hi Sue... Where do you get all those great emoticons?? Me likey! How's your 'Lil Spartan. I don't know between all the new wee ones a whole new army of Spartans are gearing up! Think they'll love their King the way their Mommy's and Grandmommy's do? :cunning:

Whats new around here...anything... Looks like a week-end! What gives? Has everyone gone to the Gutter??? *lol*

Friday night? What's going on Friday night? ............... :funnyface: Yeah...like I really didn't know! I'll be there with my sexy flannels on and I guess I better put on a little make-up too! "PLEASE GOD" let him be on for more then 2 minutes.....Puhleeeeez! :D

Oh well guess I'll roll around the board a little ...see if I can get into trouble somewhere.

{HUGGLES}} Fran

Edited by ladyfran

Hi Ladies!!

Just want to say Hi before I drop!! :scared: I have done so much driving since last Friday night's prom, with three runs today and two yesterday I have been to two airports 4 times in two days and not in my own car for two days. I think tomorrow will be my first day to really sleep-in in a week!! Besides my usual every day fatigue, from only GOD knows what, I'm just so wiped out from so little sleep. Not to mention when I'm out driving and the hours are so weird, I do not eat right or drink enough water for fear of where I'll find a restroom!! :rotflmao: (Actually, that's really not funny!!)

So I hope everyone's well, although I read thru the new psots and it sounds like there's still alot of heavy-duty stuff going on.

This is something I didn't want to share, but I am not going to be able to go to Vegas, so I will miss seeing all of you, and really miss out on meeting those I haven't met yet. I have looked forward to it for almost a year, but I just can't do it. Maybe next year...?

Love, Nancy :kisswink:

oh Nancy, I'm so sorry that you won't be able to make it to Vegas....I know we have talked about it...but I thought you would be going. Well, let's make a promise....NEXT YEAR IN VEGAS!!!

hugs,

Sue

Dear Sweet Sue, your Little Bryan is an absolute doll.!! He's a true Spartan and a brute for sure.My Ron was 9 lbs 4 ozs at birth so I know what a bruiser he is. He is beautiful. You have every reason to be on Cloud 9 for a very long time. I'm so happy for you and your family.

Posted Image God Bless you all.

Karen Elizabeth, in my sons case he has Diabeties and just didn't take care of himself he partied and drank too much and was in and out of the hospital and almost died a couple of times. Each time his health deteriorated and now he's finally learned his lesson (I hope) But he's paying dearly.But like most he thought he was Superman and nothing could touch him. He's not even a teenager he's 38 years old. Thanks for your best wishes. I don't think I've seen you around here before. Are you fairly new? If so Welcome. If you're not a newbie, hi, sorry I didn't meet you sooner.

Big hugs to all my Gal pals who need them and those who don't as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image Peggy

Edited by chachababy

Ahhh Karen...do you go by Karen or Karen Elizabeth??

You are Irish are you? Can you tell by my GALS name that I have a bit of the Irish in me too! Only I grew up in New York....are you from Boston? We have to chat sometime!

hugs,

Sue

Hi Irish -- Yes, I'm a nice blend of Irish, Scots, and Welsh, but married a Foley and now have two wee, bonny lassies - Caitlin Rose and Brenna Fiona. BTW, I love New York! I've only been to the city a handful of times, but enjoyed it very much! I'm so happy to be here, on the greatest Gerry site ever.

Karen

Gosh I get lost everytime I come to this part :funnyface: yesterday you were at the 19th floor now we are on the 20th :boink:

To make more difficult I have a different fuse time than you so when you are more active I'm probably sleeping.....

Well howdy to all the GALS :kisswink:

Today I'm going to my sisters house and be with my niece, she has a little cold.

Take care- :hugsandsnogs:

Teresa

Edited by whitedesire

Mornin' All!

Nancy, I'm so sorry you aren't going to make it to Vegas. :tantrum: I was really looking forward to meeting you, and Gerry-Marek too. The Marek Mandoll Mini Convention won't be the same without you! (NOT a sanctioned Convention event, but fun, anyway!) I've been reading about your adventures in LimoLand, and I'm very impressed with anyone who can do that job. I was born without a navigation gene and can get lost in my driveway! If I tried to drive in LA, I'd end up in Phoenix!

BTW: If anyone wants to come and play with us in our Mandoll world, I found some dolls at a reduced price. PM me for intormation. Our little Mandolls are 12" Andre Marek "Timeline" Action Figures and are beautiful little guys who quickly take on a personality of their own! They have their own section of the forum, but it is password protected in order to protect their privacy.

It's going to be warm in San Antonio today - nearly 90 (and you don't even want to know the humidity levels). Taking mom to the eye doctor, so must go make myself look respectible. (I KNOW!)

Have a great day everyone and hugs all around!!

Suzie

Goodmorning ladies :wave:

Irish, your grandbaby is beautiful, he must be such a joy to you. Is he your first grandchild? I love little babies. Sometime I wish I had made different choices and have at least one. But hey, there's still time, I would be one of those "older" mum though , hehheh. Think Gerry is available to help me? :cunning:

Peggy, I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I don't drink and for a while I was dating someone who did. He is the sweetest guy when sober, very friendly and considerate. Some of my friends fondly remember him as the guy who always put the seat down. However, when he partied, he turned into a different person entirely. The partying go to be too much and I had to finally ask him to just "go" one night. Heard later that he enventually got arrested for drunk driving and finally seeked help He wrote a very nice letter to let me know that he was attending AA and doing well. I'm very happy though that he did not hurt himself and more importantly no one else got hurt because of his problem.

Nancy, I'm not going either. Posted Image

Hopefully next year. Everyone sound so excited I can't help but be excited for them too. Hopefully there will be lots of pics so we can share in the fun. BTW, I received a job offer :claphands: finally. What a relief.

Suzie, mandoll huh? Does he ...ummm Gutter moment, better not. :kisswink:

:wave: to MadameAngel, Karen Elizabeth, Teresa.

Nancy, you're not gonna be in Vegas?? :tissues: That's it, no one else can drop out!! You all hear me??

I'll never forget that you literally held my hand last year when I felt like I was going to faint... love you to pieces, girl! :hearts:

Hey Amber! Have a great last day...just think, next year you'll be GRADUATING! WOW...when I first met you, you were only 14!! My how the time flies...

~Mel

What are the rules regarding Vegas??....I didn't sign on for the conv...BUT...IF one just Happen's to be visiting friends in Vegas.....May one just stop in to say Hi??