Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Abrock

Signs you're a "300" fan...

Here's what I can think of so far...everyone, please contribute!

SIGNS THAT YOU'RE A FAN OF "300":

*You no longer eat apples in slices...you now bite whole-heartedly into one.

*When someone asks you where you're going, you reply that you're simply "taking a stroll...stretching my legs."

*And of course, when they ask where to, you reply, "I really haven't thought about it, but now that you ask, I suppose I'll head North (or wherever)."

*You've acquired a necklace that looks rather like a wolf tooth...

*The sight of a mohawk has taken on a new meaning.

*Seeing a drag queen with gold piercings makes you want to shout, "Let me guess!! You must be Xerxes!"

*Every time you see your young son, nephew, brother, etc, who has a buzz cut, you have the urge to kiss him on the top of the head.

*You beg the guy in your life to buy a leather speedo.

*Your ears perk to any mention of Greece.

*You get a kick out of drawing maps in the sand.

And so forth! Add to this, please! :D

~Mel

Those are great! And you're right, Mel, I certainly have a greater appreciation for leather speedos!

Contribution: When having an argument with someone, you suddenly find yourself looking for a large hole just as your foot starts to tingle.

Too violent?

frenchy.

EDIT: At the exact same moment I was expressing my new love for leather speedos, Debrasue was expressing her disgust!!

Edited by frenchy1212

Actually....I apply to everything you said ~Mel~ Except for the Leather Speedo....NO!nonononono! Like Gerry say's 'He knew that would come back to haunt him!' I don't even want to see Gerry in real life wearing one of those!!!! Ick! I'm afraid they only look good on Spartans!!! IMHO! LOL! I do use the phrase "There's no reason we can't be civil.." alot more! Oh! Yeah and I like to refer to buff Gerry as 'Testosterone Incarnate'....wonder where that came from?!

And you envision Gerry's Phantom yelling out "This Is Operaaaaaaa!!!! (got that from madamina!) LOL! And you make up excuses why you cannot get down on your knees!

That's too funny, not to mention spooky! frenchy!!!! I REALLY do not like speedos....except on the Stanford Water Polo and Swim Team....as long as they stay in the water!!! LOL!

Edited by Debrasue

Guest greyeyegoddess

Every member of your family will get a copy of 300 for their birthday or for the holidays.

The dvd release date is considered a personal holiday.

You upgrade your viewing entertainment system, because you miss the IMAX version of 300.

You're hoping that togas will come back in style.

The first thing you ask a guy you are interested in is, "What is your exercise regime?"

The only other cd that is in your collection besides POTO, is the 300 movie soundtrack.

You have all the online video clips on your mp3 player.

Red is the new black.

You go through theater withdrawals because you've seen the movie umpteen times.

You haven't seen any other movie since 300 because you feel other movies just don't cut it.

A man who doesn't know how to handle a sword ain't worth getting to know. :rotflmao:

(just a note, all of these do not reflect the writer's opinion)

~alice

:music:

The dvd release date is considered a personal holiday.

~alice

:music:

:funnyabove: :funnyabove: :funnyabove:

But, seriously, it should be considered some sort of holiday.

frenchy.

Your hands are full when you need to close the car door, but instead of using your arse, you stand directly in front of it and do "the kick" while whispering "This is Sparta!"

I've done this a few times now and I find it also works when you need to put the Lay-Z-Boy back together again.

Here's a true one:

You tell your boss your having Gerry withdrawals so you leave work early (she also loved the movie so was cool about it) , then you go to the movies and make the early show so after you watch it you can turn around walk down the movie theather hallway and watch it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I have no life but Gerry......

OK...gotta go with 'If a guy doesn't know how to handle a sword...he ain't worth getting to know'!!!! In agreement 100%....LOL!!!

Ooooh!! !And this is even spookier...I just noticed I'm a Beowulf's Sword Gal!!!! I'm sooo lovin this!!!! LOL!

Edited by Debrasue

when in the morning you tell your family to ready their breakfast and eat hearty...(then you yell) for today is going to be hell! LOL

geara

You look at the warrior helmet artifact your grandfather has had for years, and say: "Tonight we dine in hell" twice during a holiday dinner. Yes, I did do that...lol....but hey it got one of my cousins to go see the movie. :lol:

And you envision Gerry's Phantom yelling out "This Is Operaaaaaaa!!!! (got that from madamina!) LOL!

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb291/m...uffe__03-07.jpg

- when your MySpace link-to-my-blog logo looks like this: Posted Image

- when you walk your dog near the Coliseum you start checking fake gladiators' thighs hoping any of them would look anything similar to the Spartans' (and complaining, as of course they don't)

- when your mobile's ringtone goes "Spartans! What is your profession?" and then the seven dwarves' march "heigh ho heigh ho it's off to WAR we go" interpoled with random "AHOO! AHOO! AHOO!" comes out

- when your mobile's ringtone for text messages goes: "Spartaaaaaaaans! Tonight we dine in HELL!!!"

^^^

last two apply to my cell phone, btw. :cunning:

Edited by discoveringme
Picture turned into a link. Too large for our guidelines

- when you walk your dog near the Coliseum you start checking fake gladiators' thighs hoping any of them would look anything similar to the Spartans' (and complaining, as of course they don't)

Totally off topic, but...

...I love the fake gladiators by the Colosseum!

My boyfriend at the time talked me into having a picture taken with them - it was my first trip to Rome. As he was about to take the picture one of the gladiators lifted me up in his arms. I wasn't expecting it so I made the ugliest face, which was forever captured on film.

frenchy

Your hands are full when you need to close the car door, but instead of using your arse, you stand directly in front of it and do "the kick" while whispering "This is Sparta!"

I've done this a few times now and I find it also works when you need to put the Lay-Z-Boy back together again.

LOL!! I SO do that!! I've kicked many a heavy drama block back into place that way! :D

That's funny, Debrasue...I actually hate speedos myself, and would never suggest to any guy in my life to buy one...but yes, the Spartans sure pulled it off!

(actually only one of them pulled it off at any point in the film as far as we know...moon shot and all. :lol: )

~Mel

This one is actually Katies (snogbird) -- she came up with it during a recent conversation ... she said: "You know you're into 300 when you recognize Zach Snyder's laugh in the background during Gerry interviews..." She's got a good point!

This one is actually Katies (snogbird) -- she came up with it during a recent conversation ... she said: "You know you're into 300 when you recognize Zach Snyder's laugh in the background during Gerry interviews..." She's got a good point!

Hey, that's an excellent point!! So true!

You know you're a 300 fan when you know the answers to all the questions Gerry is asked in interviews about 300. When you've seen 300 fifteen times and are now having withdrawal. When you say you've done something about 300 times. And so on...

:claphands: :yippee: :inlove:

Great topic - thanks Mel! Really funny contributions from everyone. :funnyabove:

I especially love the sign about the "personal holiday," Alice! So true.

Edited by #99

Aye, Dragon Slayer! Oh SO true!

Another:

You rigorously jump to the defense of the cast whenever someone suggests that their ultra-toned bodies were CGI-ed. *And in said defense, the name 'Mark Twight' comes up at least five times.*

~Mel

Here's some of mine -

You are actually slightly DEPRESSED that you will be in SCOTLAND on the day the "300" DVD is released and will therefore not see it until a WEEK later!!!! (I know, you're all crying me a river, right?) BUT at the same time you are EXCITED because you will get to see it on the big screen again while you are there!!!

You are actually considering going to one of those old dollar-theaters to see it for the 18th time because it is now gone from all of the REGULAR theaters.

When you go to see "300" with other fans you QUIETLY recite all of the dialogue and even act out some of the action parts.

Your local group of fans are trying to figure out how to get a "Rocky Horror Picture Show" style 300 showing so we can all LOUDLY recite the dialogue and act out the scenes.

Your local group of fans are trying to figure out how to get a "Rocky Horror Picture Show" style 300 showing so we can all LOUDLY recite the dialogue and act out the scenes.

Now THAT would be :fook: in' funny!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Whenever you are doing something you think to yourself..this is how the Spartans do it ~I don't mean it in that way~ :rotflmao: