Gerard Butler GALS

6/4 - Gerard turns air blue

Aren't these awards all ABOUT being crude, rude, vulgar, shocking, pushing the envelope (in fact a few thousand envelopes - right over a cliff)? Every year they try to out-shock the last time - it is not aimed at us GALS, most of us are NOT part of the MTV generation, at least not TODAY'S MTV generation. The funny thing is that most of the nominees are not part of that generation either - Jack Nicholson is a couple of generations past it, Johnny Depp, Gerry, Will Farrell, Sasha Baron Cohen are at least 10 to 20 years past it. Gerry's "blue" language was tame enough for my 80 year old mother, yet I wouldn't want her to see almost anything ELSE that was on the show that night. And for talking too long - I think Jack Nicholson rambled on and on much longer than Gerry and I didn't even understand half of what he was saying. But then Gerry could stand there saying his abc's and I'd be enthralled.

I don't know why they singled Gerry out...he was mild in comparison to others. I didn't like the way he got the bum's rush off the stage. And as much as I think it's good Paris is going to jail Sarah Silverman was crude, rude and socially obnoxious.

:claphands: :inlove:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I agree totally. I thought that alot of the show was a bit creepy and in really poor taste. And it's not because I'm well past 25. My kids don't care for MTV either. But I'm glad Gerry won the award! And I did like the United 300 spoof.

DEB

Is MTV geared towards my generation? Because if it is, then I must be one helluva minority. :bleh2:

And yes, Gerry was QUITE tame on stage compared to...well....EVERYONE else.

~Mel

Is MTV geared towards my generation? Because if it is, then I must be one helluva minority. :bleh2:

And yes, Gerry was QUITE tame on stage compared to...well....EVERYONE else.

~Mel

Hi there GALS,

I am totally lost about this award. :confused: When I voted several billion times, I could have sworn Gerard was also up for Best Actor. :confused: Didn't Johnny Depp recieve that? Gerard should have taken that one home and also Best Fight. To me, until he wins the much deserved Golden Globe, BAFTA and the ultimate OSCAR, Rock's STUNTMAN Award Show was prime rib! The Rock was cool and Gerard looked awesome.

All awards are treasured by the celebrities unless they are for worst dressed, etc. Good going to Gerard. I only saw the clip of his win for MTV. I don't know about this particular award show. Who exactly is it geared toward? I'm afraid to say what my opinion is. :cunning:

Cheers! Janet :lolita:

:claphands: I'll tell you what I love most about any of the award shows...it is that Gerry is getting exposure to other great actors. Watching the "Rock" pull Gerry's leg and then on this show watching Bruce Willis hand Gerry the award. I can see either of these guys co-staring with Gerry in the near future...yeah like "Die hard then even harder" with Gerry and Bruce hey they are both known for their "Rapier wit". :rotflmao: Not to mention with the "Rock" in say the "Scorpion King against another Scorpion King" get it? Gerry has played two kings so far and hey he is a Scorpio....

That comment Gerry made about a box of metal then Bruce saying "It's solid gold man!" then Gerry repeating " solid Gold?" I just feel these guys could do a fantastic job together in a comedy/drama movie....and let's not forget all the sexy Babes and swearing! :rotflmao: