Gerard Butler GALS

6/3 - Backstage at the MTV Movie Awards

jenn

I suppose I am slipping because when I saw the picture I didn't get what he was doing at all. I just thought he was holding the award low. LOL. I believe he was just having a good time. And the MTV crowd is perfect for such humor. However, if the time comes when he does win a Golden Globe or Oscar he had better be a bit more serious. The press will destroy him if he doesn't. I don't believe that Gerry will ever truly get the bad boy highlander out of his personality. And really I don't want him too. He is adorable. I am so happy that he won an award. He looked totally thrilled.

geara

Thanks Jenn! I read the whole thing and there really wasn't much on Gerry.

I thought it was the worst awards show ever. I have never actually caught it before, but because of Gerry being on I made sure to watch it.

I do not care for that Sarah Silverman at all...I only just heard of her in the last month...I think she was on with Jay Leno or David Letterman :confused: Anyways, I really do not think she's funny at all or care for her type of humor.

The whole Pink Carpet arrival thing was SO boring...I kept wondering why it only seemed to be promoting this new film Transformers...I guess it's geared for kids(?) :confused: but it really looked SO uninteresting.

The whole Pink Carpet arrival thing was SO boring...I kept wondering why it only seemed to be promoting this new film Transformers...I guess it's geared for kids(?) :confused: but it really looked SO uninteresting.

Oh, I KNOW...ya think they were promoting Transformers a wee bit?? I couldn't tell...especially not where the nominees were "transformed" from one clip to the next...

Oh, and I definitely didn't expect Tranformers to win Best Summer Movie You Haven't Seen Yet, did you? I mean, they barely made mention of the movie all night! [/heavy sarcasm]

One word... WEIRD.

Transformers is part of my generation...a childhood cartoon for me and my peers, so I'll see it eventually.

I'm in a strange mood this morning...maybe my blood sugar is low, I should go eat breakfast.

~Mel

Okay, I love Gerry and all his antics. My only concern is that if he keeps using the blankety blank words/gestures in public, he will not be taken serious by the higher powers - though I don't think he gives a **** and if doesn't give a ****, I don't either. It's another sign that Gerry is the real deal and what you see is what you get - how refreshing is that in Hollywood. I don't think he would be happy for one minute if he had to be phony and put on some kind of fake air. At least he can sleep at night knowing who he is. I wonder if other actors really know who they are for real after awhile. Anyway, that is my take on it. His acting record will still get him jobs as that can not be ignored.

MTV is known for it's Bawdy humor

Which is why I never watch MTV. *bleh* I mean, I can do bawdy humor, I can dish and take...but MTV is nothing BUT bawdy humor, and that gets bloody tiresome. And like Sporran said (either in this thread or another) I never watch the MTV Movie awards unless Gerry's up for something. And even then I recorded and skimmed!

But moving on. :D

~Mel

You know............I just think Gerry got into "the spirit" of the night (what with Will Farrell and Sacha Baron Cohen, etc., etc.,) and HE JUST GOT CARRIED AWAY!!! So What..........he had fun.........they all had fun. Sometimes men act like LITTLE BOYS (I have five mostly grown children......35 to 20) Between you and me, my 3 girls are SO mature, and my 2 sons are so IMMATURE.

I think Gerry was just following the example set by Sacha Baron Cohen and Will Farrell.............yes, a little immature.........one would almost say exhibitionist........some men NEVER "mature"........they keep that infantile side FOREVER.........(and they could be perfectly nice people........just not the best judgment in front of a camera........but what was his example?)

Gerry has to mature a little bit.........at 38, he';s getting a little too old to get away with that.......(but what about Will Farrell and SBC??)

Edited by Emily Bronte

Gerry is who he is. He's raunchy and bawdy sometimes and thoughtful and kind and funny and sweet and a host of other things. Take him or leave him. In the context of MTV he was a choir boy but he doesn't need to change to meet anybody's standards but his own.

Jane

Mel...being the old broad that I am...I didn't find that particular pose very attractive either but I agree with I think it was Moonie...that he tends to get nervous in the public eye( go figure) and does things that I'll bet he wishes he hadn't done later on when he thinks about it! So I still love him even when the little boy in him pops out now and then!

:kisswink: Fran

The photographers were probably goading him to do something stupid. I saw an article in the gallery in which the writer was complaining that Gerard wasn't as entertaining as some of the other winners.

He does and says stupid things sometimes but don't we all? I'm glad he's not a polished hollywood type like Clooney, Pitt, Cruise, etc. I hate those guys, Gerry Butler is real and I LOVE him for it. Not to mention he is a much better actor than those other guys!

CONGRATULATIONS GERRY! YOU SHOULD HAVE WON IT ALL!

He does and says stupid things sometimes but don't we all? I'm glad he's not a polished hollywood type like Clooney, Pitt, Cruise, etc. I hate those guys, Gerry Butler is real and I LOVE him for it. Not to mention he is a much better actor than those other guys!

Lest I be mistaken...

I'm not digging at Gerry for anything he said or did at the awards show...I'm not viewing him as a fallen hero from his MTV antics (oh, the drama!) just merely stating that I didn't find it attractive, regardless of the possible reasons or atmosphere. That was my honest reaction, yet I don't admire him any less and I'm certainly not holding it against him (like he needs my approval anyway? don't think so!)

Gerry Butler is, by far, one of the most talented, gracious, genuine and downright handsome actors in Hollywood (daresay the world! thanks Rock :kisswink: ) and dang it, it would take more than something like this to rob me of my desire for...wait...that sounds familiar... :D

But in all seriousness, I LOVE this man!! I could go into everything positive that's happened in my life through and because of him, but that would take FAR too long, so this'll have to do for now. :hearts:

~Mel

I didn't mean to put anyone down with my comment.

I actually felt the same way about his "getting laid" comment at the Taurus Awards. I thought, how crude, how tacky to say something like that on stage. I then came on this site to see if the rest of the ladies felt the same way about his speech. I saw nothing but messages of love and support for "our boy Gerry" and his warped sense of humor. Since you ladies know him much better than I, I decided to blame it on his male immaturity. Cause we all know men are just not as muture as we are! Ha!

I like him better for his one and only imperfection!

You drive me nuts Gerry! I insulted a Mod because of you and now I'm never getting into chat!!

:whome2:

I didn't mean to put anyone down with my comment.

Oh hey, no worries!! Don't worry, you didn't insult me, I promise! :hug99: I felt I'd been misunderstood after reading many replies, so I wanted to explain, and yours just happened to be the most recent comment so I quoted it...! Sorry about that!

Posted Image

~Mel

His sense of humor is just one more thing that keeps me coming back - he was having too much fun! :funnyface:

Humor is so attractive! And wrapped in that package is awesome!!! :lol:

quoting Abrock:

Which is why I never watch MTV. *bleh* I mean, I can do bawdy humor, I can dish and take...but MTV is nothing BUT bawdy humor, and that gets bloody tiresome. And like Sporran said (either in this thread or another) I never watch the MTV Movie awards unless Gerry's up for something. And even then I recorded and skimmed!

The only reason I watched MTV was to see Gerry get his award. I found some of the jokes mean spirited, borderline cruel. I mean, someone explain to me why it's funny to bring up the "little pig" remark Baldwin made a while back? It was a sick remark back when it was made, so why is it funny at an awards ceremony? I sat there watching the ceremony thinking these people are so fashion conscious, name conscious, look at me and my 6,000$ gown conscious where everyone seemed determined-- too willing to "get down and dirty" to show they were cool at the MTv awards. Unless Gerry gets nominated again, I'll never watch it again. I enjoyed the Taurus Stunt Awards. It seemed to me to be funny and unusual, but not trying to prove how cool the participants were.

To me Abrock nailed it: bawdy is funny and I, too, enjoy it, but not as a constant--it does get tiresome, flat, and unfunny. I kept thinking what a bunch of overpaid, fake folks playing at real live Southpark. To me, Gerry belonged with the Taurus crowd.

Both awards were hard earned and deserving. But it seemed to me that the winners got lost in the jokes and over the top behavior.

Bravo Felliniquilter!! Well Said.

Ok, not to be really dumb here, but who exactly is Alan anyway? :confused:

And it looks like Gerry's Bad Boy side is finally beginning to show thru more an more as he makes it closer to the Top of the Heap. And that's Not a bad thing :cunning:

I just hope, thru all of this, that he can retain his great attitude toward his fans and not get to be one of those that "can't be bothered with their fans". After all, as most of them seem to forget, it's the FANS that ultimately put them on top, because without them, all their hard work and talent doesn't get them very far if they don't get to the ticket buying public in a Good Way.

Rock On Gerry......we're behind you all the way.

M

Yep, like that, Swan... :D

i can understand what its like if i were him id lost it ages ago and told em all to f..uck off.

it must be hard to keep his cool people wanting autographa and are very noisy. And its one too :tantrum: many times.

sue d :lolita:

Okay, I love Gerry and all his antics. My only concern is that if he keeps using the blankety blank words/gestures in public, he will not be taken serious by the higher powers - though I don't think he gives a **** and if doesn't give a ****, I don't either. It's another sign that Gerry is the real deal and what you see is what you get - how refreshing is that in Hollywood. I don't think he would be happy for one minute if he had to be phony and put on some kind of fake air. At least he can sleep at night knowing who he is. I wonder if other actors really know who they are for real after awhile. Anyway, that is my take on it. His acting record will still get him jobs as that can not be ignored.

Ah Sweetie! It's never done The Great Jack Nicholson any harm, Great Actors can get away with seemingly 'odd behaviour'. He is more of a role model for the young....no drugs/drink and he tries to address the smoking 'bless him.

And he loves his Mum. Posted Image I just can't resist this pic.

Anna X