Gerard Butler GALS

'Love Letters from the Lair'

Hi everyone...just been keeping tuned into the news(had to turn it off for awhile....though)... I think the stuff going on in London yesterday might have over stressed me a little...and now today.....I'm still not recuperated...head hurts & hands quiver too much (yeah...takes along time to type 'cause of editing!lol!)and here I was thinking I was getting my young hormones back.....~sigh~....they do have their benefits....

but this is affecting me too much like anxiety....and I've never been affected like this before...always been the strong one in control....such a basket case right now....I hate this feeling...

Hey xmargx...I worried about you last night (and all the other Gals in England) and then to wake up to this! Actually..there was not waking-up...no sleep....

Hey mina! I worried 'bout you too & Erwin (is he still in London)....my brother & his family were there a few weeks ago....

Anyone have any good news to keep us even keel?

I have 20 or so unfinished poems to write...

The anxiety level is overwhelming ....so surreal

So I pray God keep you all safe in Britain tonight...

And for heaven's sake...this is no time for an airplane flight!!! and that was not meant to be funny....

Edited by Debrasue

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mina! I worried 'bout you too & Erwin (is he still in London)....my brother & his family were there a few weeks ago....

Yes, he's still there, thank God he's ok, thank you for asking!

Think goodness!!!! I'm relieved..Geeze....and in tears....mina...this is soooo not like me.....this is really having a physical reaction with me...I can feel it in my arms & shoulders...not quite shaking...but almost....a shot of brandy or something might calm me down ....but I don't want to be dulled in any way....oh welll...guess that's what friends & prayer are for....no use contributing to the anxiety permeating the atmosphere right now....

Edited by Debrasue

Think goodness!!!! I'm relieved..Geeze....and in tears....mina...this is soooo not like me.....this is really having a physical reaction with me...I can feel it in my arms & shoulders...not quite shaking...but almost....a shot of brandy or something might calm me down ....but I don't want to be dulled in any way....oh welll...guess that's what friends & prayer are for....no use contributing to the anxiety permeating the atmosphere right now....

I emailed *all* my friends currently in the UK, not just Erw, as there are quite a few of them in Glyndebourne at the mo, plus Stef up in the North, and thank God they're all OK...

Guest pilaraquarius

Ohhhh...Debra...HONEY!!!

I can SOoooo relate to your post #266!!!

Most average men just assume, because of the way I look, that I'm "easy." Um...well...NOoooo!! LOL! I don't let any man enter my body until he enters my heart!

I would much rather stay at home and read a good book than go out on an average "date."

When I meet a man, I can tell in the first thirty seconds whether I'd go out with him, or not...

I've been engaged a couple of times in my twenties...but bailed...thank GOD!! LOL!!

I refuse to just "settle."

Be true to yourself, ladies! :wave:

(Pil giving Deb a high five in cyber space)

Thanks to the adorable Scot with the emerald eyes for helping me realise that dreams CAN come true!

Edited by pilaraquarius

Yeah Glyndebourne...I was thinking about there also...I've always wanted to go ....Except for my gal friends I don't really know anyone else who lives there...and now I have plenty of new friends to worry about....normally that would be a funny one.....mina, I'm glad your friends are OK...believe when I tell you it has helped me just talking to you & knowing everyone is safe....it's such a small thing...but ...I feel a little better now...it :thankyou:

On a lighter note: I've just set up a new blog, calling it Gerry's Café. I'm putting there all the Gerrysoup thread's silly images, plus I'm actually planning to put real recipes in there - I mean recipes inspired by Gerry. Now, I know this sounds either silly or crazy (or both), but, well, let's see what happens. Also, if you want to contribute to the blog, please PM or email me, I'll send you an invite to join wordpress that will automatically make you into a Gerry's Café contributor. :kisswink:

:cunning:

:yippee:

OH Debrasue, GALS.....don't worry about me...I live in the heart of England, the West Midlands.....the Black Country because it once used to be black everywhere from factory smoke.... As the crow flies and in the USA London is kind of down the road but in the UK it is another world, however I do visit there whenever I get the chance as I love it...it has a life of it's own, so vibrant....my eldest told me mom only New York can match London. Why would Londoners ever let terrorists take that from them, they won't...blow them up and they'll be at work the next day they just go on and on.....the spirit of the Blitz and years of IRA threats...no other city in the UK is that resilient. The frightening aspect of these bombings is the fact the attempted bombers have probably been born and have grown up here....wow what does that say about us.....I don't have the answer, one thing I know though is they thrive on fear and people mistrusting all Muslims...lived through all that in the 1970's with Irish people and it is always the first casualty of terrorism......we can't let them do that.....the culprits will be caught though be assured of that.

Again Debs, Gals I'm at no risk from the floods which are affecting the more picturesque areas of the countryside in the Midlands and the North, causing so much devastation and five deaths in the raging rivers that have flooded their banks...lots of people have no insurance at all and have lost everything.

Hi everyone...just been keeping tuned into the news(had to turn it off for awhile....though)... I think the stuff going on in London yesterday might have over stressed me a little...and now today.....I'm still not recuperated...head hurts & hands quiver too much (yeah...takes along time to type 'cause of editing!lol!)and here I was thinking I was getting my young hormones back.....~sigh~....they do have their benefits....

but this is affecting me too much like anxiety....and I've never been affected like this before...always been the strong one in control....such a basket case right now....I hate this feeling...

Hey xmargx...I worried about you last night (and all the other Gals in England) and then to wake up to this! Actually..there was not waking-up...no sleep....

Anyone have any good news to keep us even keel?

I have 20 or so unfinished poems to write...

The anxiety level is overwhelming ....so surreal

So I pray God keep you all safe in Britain tonight...

And for heaven's sake...this is no time for an airplane flight!!! and that was not meant to be funny....

:lolita:

xmargx

Hi Pilar!!!For me ...being happy is so important(I don't mean stupid happy)...and passionate....about everything....I'd rather be passionately happy alone...than desperately miserable and alone with someone else....make any sense?? G always makes me happy...and I really don't want to question why or try t analyze it toooo much.....all I know is I'm happier now than I ever was 2 years ago bg.... (before G)....and I'm not 'looking' for anyone to replace him....but seriously...they would have to storm in here and flip me over their shoulder and haul me off....and other cool things... before I'll even give them half the time of day anymore....I'm just a little tired of the nonsense...and having to settle when all they want to do is watch TV & have sex...(sometimes...if your lucky...and a guy sitting in front of a TV turns you on....ewwwww!!!!)......sorry.....why did my brain go there?....Must look at Gerry pics...must look at Gerry pics......ahhhh....BETTER!!!! :baby: :whochnuzzle: :ohbaby2: :reddeathsword: :erikrose:

And how about sense of humour....I love laughter....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's a start.....

Edited by Debrasue

I'm going to try and catch up here...if it kills me..... :cunning:

Oh happy second anniversary Swann....are you going to suffer from the 'terrible two's' syndrome, demanding to kiss the nice man in the frilly shirt or you'll..... :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::cunning:

Regarding that picture Debs...yeah you are so right....that same look as the back to Christine scene when she's in the Gondola....Oh s**t I'm scared stiff what am I going to do and more importantly what is she going to do?......FEAR AND THROBBING LOINS.....OOOoooer what a combination......and then the jaw drops.... :heat: tie my tent pegs down before I fly off in the wind of Gerry's Undeniable Masculine.Pheramonal Hurricane.....UMPH... for short.....:cunning: :tasty:

DO I LOVE PONR ...OR WHAT.... :cunning::cunning:

Woot mannn!!!! Happy Anniversary Swann!!!! I'll be two in August! I've been uploading pics all day it seems like....Hope your tooth isn't bothering you so much right now ....I hate toothaches.....Grrrr.

Hey there Judy! I love the things that you write...I look forward to your visits here....

All these new siggys are wonderful....

OK....this pic has been giving me fits....but it's getting late & my eyes are fried & my backside is numb....

This expression reminds me of the one he has when he's leaning on the organ...and Christine is waiting in the boat...kind of an anxious 'God..I hope this works...cause I'm really just bluffing my way...and is she gonna buy all this crap??? Cause this is my last chance...sealed my fate...here on the stage....police all around...I'm starring in my own opera...but.... now it's all up to Christine...cause I know what the plan is... how they want to ensnare me...and she knows that I know....so...waddya say...Christine....go with the plan?....or come with me?'... kinda look....I think this expression so incredibly sexy...a guy slightly off-keel because of his woman....and he's not sure if she is his woman....HA! and poor Raoul is thinking the same thing!!!! Who is she going to choose??? She's got Raoul in tears of fear that he's going to lose her...to this very sexy & sensual 'teacher'.....who's known her for 10 years....

Posted Image

it's only starting to cool down enough to feel comfortable....yeah...I love Frans/Peggy's new siggy...Christine & Erik in the water...

xmargx

Debrasue...I totally know what you mean. Im so haapy now and I mean in a very genuine kinda way since G came into my life. And I know since Ive been a fan of G and much more than that Ive set my standards extremely high. Yes it is true im very young, but I know what I want out of life, I want to be able to achieve my goals and aspire to be great. I wont give some random dude the opportunity to step in my way and crush my dreams.

I think sometimes, id never want to get married. you know it didnt work out for my parents, so why should I risk being in the same situation..miserable and unfullfilled.

~sarah

To all my lair sisters.... if you are feeling anxiety over the news of today's and yesterday's events in the UK, my advice to you is truly set your heart to prayer. My body acts like an antennae when someone I love is in danger, and although Gerry may not be in danger, I believe our prayers are needed. Prayer can be a weapon, far more mighty than any terrorists bomb, so with the image of Gerry and his family in your heart.... pray for them.

*Steps off podium*

I am keeping an eye on this thread and will let Katie know when we get close to 300 posts, then we'll open the new thread.

Love,

Swannie

Swansong GAL: Lady of the Lair,

'Guardian of the Master's Dreams'

And Willing OCPA Sufferer

Posted Image

Oh Debrasue I'm going to have to stop agreeing with you on everything Gerry, all of your words I agree with. I knew I'd been blown away by GB after seeing POTO..that was obvious I just needed to watch it again to see if the effect was the same and it was and continues to be...but that's Gerry acting, not trained and I don't like trained actors but by 'lIVING' the role becoming the character to such a point he couldn't walk away from it without feeling bodily and spiritual pain.....and that for me is the essence of why I ..yep ADORE the man because he can do that. Phanty's face is not just a prosthetic to Gerry it changes him, puts him in the shoes of this man like a fat suit on a slim person and the reactions of the world around them...knowing your thin inside or good inside when everyone only see's a fat person or an evil one...... and he really empathises with that.....WHAT A MAN...... He cries for goodness sake, what other actor would do that I ask you? and the scene in 300 when he's about to die...well MY HEART BREAKS for him....only Gerry can do that because I believe he is Leonidas......and for that time...HE IS.....

Now ' that brain' well who'd try to analyse that? E.g. Interview him in relation to the movie he's promoting and he will provide precise, consise and polished answers, it's his proffession and he will do it to the highest of standards, that's the measure of the man in relation to the investment he has brought into.... Then you get the Talk shows and the 'real Gerry' when he appears scatter brained....I don't know if it's just me I think he always appears REALLY NERVOUS.....as if when he's himself he feels he has to entertain, be funny, he tells you things he shouldn't sometimes ...he just LET'S IT OUT.....and thinks maybe afterwards..F@@k I shouldn't have said that..as for what goes on in his head I think his mind is so active it hurts and then he simply TURNS OFF exhausted...that man can't do anything half measures and boy isn't that exhilerating.

For me though Gerry in the disguse of The Stranger say's it all doesn't he?.....

"It's in the eyes....they draw you in......"

Jilly!!! He's not actually 'scatterbrained'....it just appears that way!...to me he seems more focused and analytical when he's preparing for & performing a character...and doesn't sweat the not as important details...this man has a brain like a steel trap! But that's just my own personal observation....I don't really know anything more than what I read....and I imagine when he's between characters...he's focused on something else....it appears his mind never stops for a breather....I believe he is in complete control of his thoughts....but I'm biased .....his intelligence is what I find 'sexy' and appealing and irresistable! And his voice...and his heart...and his soul...actually... his 'appearance'... his body...is last on my list of things I adore about G....but I'm weird that way.......(don't ask me to explain his hats! He loves hats....he's entitled to his silly stuff!).

for along time I was sooo nearsighted I was legally blind (no....not blonde! LOL!) I had to really learn how to appreciate the things about people I couldn't 'see'....ok...nuff bout me....

Swann, I hope you're dentist appt. goes ok......

Wow...it's just so hot here I can hardly think straight....I was awake all night with poems racing thru my head(good ones too!)....so fast I couldn't write them down fast enough....I need a recorde switch for my brain...and an off switch that works.....Wow.....that's funny Jill...now that I think about it...no body can live with me either....and people have always called me 'scatterbrained"!!! I have sooo many things going at one time...always busy...even when I'm online... I go outside and mess around... then back inside...back outside again.... but I never lose track of what's going on....yeah..I drive everyone around me nuts....wait...there is no-one around me....well....now I know why I guess.....LOL!!!

Hi mina!!!! Everyone.......gonna go look for a nice picture....heck...they're all nice...even his goofy ones.....

xmargx

Hi Swann!!!! I did my prayers....been doing them since yesterday....now it's in his hands...cause seriously...I need a breather....some fresh air....some fresh Ger/Lair Air...I'm already starting to pull myself together...told ya I don't stay down for long...

Hey xmarx....I didn't get your posts in the correct order...suddenly we were on another page..and when I went back...you had another long post...cool...I wondered where you lived in Black England!!!!

Admin on GB.net just posted that Gerry is fine..... so at least for now, we can rest easy knowing our man is safe and well. I am having a very bad day, so don't let my lousy mood spoil the lair!

Hugs,

Swannie

Hey Sara~

My parents divorced when I turned 18 & my brothers were in the Army....but I never held anything against them or thought it was because of us. They just couldn't love & live with eachother....better actually that they split...they weren't as miserable that way!...I hated seeing either of them unhappy!....Maybe it best not to really use other people sad experiences as examples and references..for your own life.Swanni & her Bill are wonderful examples of Love gone Right...lots of other ladies here in the Lair and GALS also happily with someone....you have sooo much more to look forward to....and with any luck and a little Grace....you will find the Man of your Dreams....and what's so wrong with wanting to live Happily Ever After???(Whatever makes you happy is in your heart... & in your head) I would love to do that..someday...When ever God Drops the Man of my Dreams in My Lap...I ain't gonna fight it....but I will need loadsa PROOF before I go there again!!!! But I'm OLDER...I can afford to say that & get away with it! LOL!

PS random doode???? I wouldn't even let a wellthoughtoutdoode get in my way!!! but that's just ME!

Edited by Debrasue

Beautiful poem Emily. :wave:

Hello to my fellow Lair Gals,how are you all tonight? I hope you all are doing alright. Myself,I am great! I am better than was last week. Anyways,I come to you bringing another poem for you all to read. I hope you enjoy it. Now to warn you all that it is not one of my best poems,but still I try.

I had walked out to the rooftop to see a cloaked man.

I had to ask him who he was but I did not know if I can.

Then I saw his face. It was Erik,his eyes full of pain and sorrow.

The look in his eyes could show that his heart was hit with an arrow.

I approuched him as I saw petals of the red rose on the ground.

In his eyes I could tell that by my apperance he was spellbound.

I spoke to him softly,"Erik,what has happened to you?"

He replied to me with a painful look,"You came right on cue."

On cue? What did he mean? I replied to him,"You look like your heart has been betrayed."

He replied sharply as he grabbed my arm and held it tightly,"It was Christine! Her very words hurt me like a blade."

Christine has hurt his heart. She fell in love with another."Erik,is there do anything I can do?"

Erik looked into my eyes and said,"Yes,help my heart begin anew."

He wanted me to heal his heart! From the pain that Christine had left him!

Even though I could not heal the hole that Christine left him,I knew he would not be grim.

I embraced him as he let go of my arm. I replied,"I can't replace Christine,I am sure you will be aware."

Erik smiled and said,"At least there will be someone to care."

I only assumed he meant me,now I knew that his blossoming rose would never stop caring.

For I knew that his words to me were blinding.

and Debrasue...yes Zola..can't wait to hear that Gerry is going to do TR...he will I'm sure...just give him time....he knows he's Laurent, oh to hear Gerry speaking French..those years in Canada must have taught him some of the 'words of love' in that Gaul/Celtic/French tongue...... :heat: :heat: :heat: :heat:

Excellent Emily!!! Where do you come up with this? Very romantic and sweet! Nice poem I think!

And now for something a little spooky...I was also thinking of a rooftop scene....

I just read & copied this from Emile Zola's "A Love Episode"....while Emily was posting her poem!!! I was on my way to find the picture I wanted for it....from on the roof top of the Opera House!!!! I changed my mind though because this paragraph about Paris is during the heat of summer....but I thought it would be something different to post, to add atmosphere...since the Opera Populaire is in Paris....

"She made no reply, however; her heart was craving for silence. She was

tasting the delights of the twilight hour, the vanishing of all

surrounding objects, the hushing of every sound. Gleams, like those of

night-lights, tipped the steeples and towers; that on Saint-Augustin

died out first, the Pantheon for a moment retained a bluish light, and

then the glittering dome of the Invalides faded away, similar to a

moon setting in a rising sea of clouds. The night was like the ocean,

its extent seemingly increased by the gloom, a dark abyss wherein you

divined that a world lay hid. From the unseen city blew a mighty yet

gentle wind. There was still a hum; sounds ascended faint yet clear

--the sharp rattle of an omnibus rolling along the quay,

the whistle of a train crossing the bridge of the Point-du-Jour; and

the Seine, swollen by the recent storms, and pulsing with the life of

a breathing soul, wound with increased breadth through the shadows far

below. A warm odor steamed upwards from the scorched roofs, while the

river, amidst this exhalation of the daytime heat, seemed to give

forth a cooling breeze. Paris had vanished, sunk in the dreamy repose

of a colossus whose limbs the night has enveloped, and who lies

motionless for a time, but with eyes wide open."

xmargx

Gerry's looks...well I think it's subconscious...his face is in total proportion, his eye width to his jaw line, his mouth is just right and he's a man capable of protecting you and 'taking' you at the same time which is a prime evil necessity of all women to have a mate who will provide, safe guard you and give you strong, healthy off spring....so it's those hormones you are always on about girls....itching to get out of their little cells and pounce on the gorgeous hunk of male in front of you......if only......bit late for me but if I was 25 years younger ..... :tasty: :tasty:

Gerry would be 12 ....BUMMER.... :tantrum:

What's up Swannie did I say something :D ...it's no good I just know Phanty is ..... 'ready' shall we say...poor lamb..I know I'm not bad really I'm just typed that way..... :cunning:

HOLY CRAP! Marg!..... where is Bethy with that fire hose?????

I'm on fire!!!!!

FIRE IN THE LAIR!!!!!!!

Swannie

xmargx

Yeah...Zola has a wonderful (yet longwinded if you're in a hurry to get to the good stuff) way of describing and visualizing Paris at that time in the 1800's...TR is not as good (IMHO) as A Love Episode...I think G would be better suited as one of two men in that story....TR is just soooo hopelesss...and I really don't have sympathy for either characters....unless G brings something special to the story...like he did with Phantom......I saw that whatsername from titanic was also trying to get TR going on her own....but that fell thru the cracks...hubby troubles I guess.....

Oh Blimey....I can still come into season..how wonderful is that....?

Tee hee to think we are all 'on heat' CLASSIC Debrasue....

I feel strangely invigerated..... :cunning::cunning:

Ok....this is soo spooky ladies...

I took some anthropology courses in college....and it was 'discovered' that when women group and hang out together....they tend to come 'in season' every month at around the same time....

Now....being 52...and I 'thought ' I was through...

with all that 'hormonal' ups & downs....

and the only time I get migrains is when I'm hormonal...

and I can't even see the screen right now cause my vision id f**ked up...

uhmmm...so this hasn't happened in almost a year...and now Swann is 'in Heat'...(that's a play on words there...( please excuse spelling...typing blind here...

but...wowo....it's true...G has a way of making a woman more uhmmm...womanly???.........or is it just me???

xmargx

Gerry's looks...well I think it's subconscious...his face is in total proportion, his eye width to his jaw line, his mouth is just right and he's a man capable of protecting you and 'taking' you at the same time which is a prime evil necessity of all women to have a mate who will provide, safe guard you and give you strong, healthy off spring....so it's those hormones you are always on about girls....itching to get out of their little cells and pounce on the gorgeous hunk of male in front of you
......if only......bit late for me but if I was 25 years younger ..... :tasty: :tasty:

Gerry would be 12 ....BUMMER.... :tantrum:

What's up Swannie did I say something :D ...it's no good I just know Phanty is ..... 'ready' shall we say...poor lamb..I know I'm not bad really I'm just typed that way..... :cunning:

HOLY CRAP! Marg!..... where is Bethy with that fire hose?????

I'm on fire!!!!!

FIRE IN THE LAIR!!!!!!!

Swannie

xmargx

I've always thought it was sooo important to be selective & always choose the Best example of humanity to populate the world with....We NEED more.....just like him!!!! then we would have lots of G love ....and no more stoopidcarbombs!!!!! IMHO!!!

A hemm!!!! xmargx....I'm 2 years older than you....and if I could....I would LOVE to have just one of G's babies....to raise up into the Fine Man I know he would become....G could just go on his way populating the world with all the love he wants....I would have my own...to share someday with a beautiful young girl....just like now with my own children....I'm luvin this story marg....

When I was married (long time ago..galaxy far far away...) my husband just had to look at me & I became pregnant...must be ...cause I sure don't remember having sex with him...must not have been as wonderful as I thought at the time.....sad...but...then that would mean ...all those Kids were immaculately conceived!!!! wow now I feel special!!!! LOL!

Edited by Debrasue

Oh I think I've almost caught up.....

Gerry in the car leaving Elton John's bit of a do, his leg up, and finger in mouth, very foetal and passion, laughter and men just wanting sex, telly and looking after....heavens sometimes you can have no life with a partner who treats you like an old sock and be happy on your own so never be down or doubt yourself because meeting 'Mr Right' is pot luck a lot of the time and the older you get the more resilient and hard to please you get as well. There are so many women in need of Mr Perfect and only ONE GERRY....BUMMER.... :tantrum:

xmargx

Don't want Mr. Perfect...just don't wannna waste any more time with Mr. Bummer!!! And I'm very easy...easy to please...but I do get tired of being taken advantaged of and taken for granted...yuck...no more for me!!!!

Edited by Debrasue

YEAH Debrasue...finally caught up....by the time I get on again you'll be on Lair 9 I know it.... :tantrum::tantrum:

Oh you are so right..what's to like about Therese and Laurent, they are murders, adulterer's and not nice people but ...... I swear Gerry as Laurent just jumps off the page..a little weight on him, his anger, passion and animalistic tendancies, tearing away at her clothes, raging for her in those first throws of passion we've all felt....that pain nothing will placate until 'its' over and your satiated. Yet they are finally devoured by guilt and a ghost with the embers of that underlying passion for a woman who brings him nightmares until that ending ...WOW....I could so see Gerry then, redeemed almost, loving her once more and cleansed. Zola is no romanticist but he paints such a debauched picture of that world these two smouldering characters inhabit to a point you can almost feel the damp walls of the shop and the total desperation for everyone...I like it..don't love it but I know G is meant to play Laurent, it's almost as if it was written with him in mind. As for sympathy, how could there be any for these two until the last scene they are selfish beings but I think G's 'charisma' would draw you in as it did for TR by Laurent....he is a man after all and a very potent one as he proves to us daily with only a wink, laugh or hint of a bare belly button, we'd soon forgive him being a bad man....we always do.......

Now I need my beauty sleep so I'll say nite nite all and don't kiss those Gerry pillows too much the dribble will make the picture run..... :cunning:

Yeah...Zola has a wonderful (yet longwinded if you're in a hurry to get to the good stuff) way of describing and visualizing Paris at that time in the 1800's...TR is not as good (IMHO) as A Love Episode...I think G would be better suited as one of two men in that story....TR is just soooo hopelesss...and I really don't have sympathy for either characters....unless G brings something special to the story...like he did with Phantom......I saw that whatsername from titanic was also trying to get TR going on her own....but that fell thru the cracks...hubby troubles I guess.....

xmargx