Gerard Butler GALS

'Love Letters from the Lair'

Hi Lair Sisters,

Swannie....I love your new siggy.

Thought I would bring some more hottness to the lair.....especially during this heat wave!

Posted Image Don't forget to click...it's a biggie!!!! LOL Good Laird...just what I needed....more sweating!

Hugs, Linda

Poppy GAL: 'Merciful Angel of the Lair'

The Merciful Angel blesses The Lair, with patient watch-care,

Never again will she allow harm to come to The Master, for whom,

Her pure soul bleeds.

Posted Image

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I would bring some more hottness to the lair.....especially during this heat wave!

Posted Image

OMFB, I'm melting...

Swann...this site is acting a little wiggy...the pages keep resizing and the editor is being tempermental also... but I'm still here....that last pic was acting strangely...so I uploaded again with a new name...that should work...

the thing is photobucket won't accept piccies larger than 1024 pixels, so if you upload someting lager than that, it automatically resizes it... :tantrum:
Hi mina!!! No..it wasn't too big...I was just having problems uploading pictures from the gallery...I've noticed...when I don't change the name...when I just use whatever it was originally...it doesn't like to upload correctly....no problems after I renamed it...I usually crop down the big ones anyway...but then I automatically rename them then....photobucket & google use alot of spybots(cookies) also....they get in the way....the pages on this site resize whether posting pictures or not...very annoying....and I also notice in that quote the 'color' tags show...but not in my original post... what's up with that??? Grrrr......

Hi Peggy!!!

Poppy.... Erik in Red is always 'cool'....

Edited by Debrasue

Hey Erik, how about a nice round of group sex?????

naughty swannie!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Well I mean come on.... the man's got his own harem down here!

*Barry White CD playing in the background*...... "Let's get it on......."

Swannie

Ha, ha, ha, ha,!!! No harem sex for me, Swann!....you guys are 'on your own' there!!! I'm just a 'one on one' type of gal....So when I hear Barry White...well...Erik's on his own, tooo....I'll let you all take real good care of him.....LOL!!!! Edited by Debrasue

Good day to my Lair sisters! I received a lovely PM today from someone who asked me the question.... why were some people deeply effected and even changed by POTO, and to others... it was just a an okay movie????

I attempted to answer her question in my reply, but I'd laso like to hear your thoughts about this.

Here was my reply to her (written very quickly):

As to your musings about Gerry... I have come to this conclusion; there is something about this man that is deeply emotional, spiritual and romantic. Some of us connected with that in his role as the Phantom, while other folks who are perhaps more logical and practical minded, simply did not see what we saw, or FEEL what we felt. The Phantom's message to Christine was..... "give into your passions..... reach out for your dreams.... listen to your spirit."

Some of us heard that message as though it were directed to us personally.... and it burrowed into our souls, and we HAD to act. Because Gerry was the messenger, so to speak.... it was HIS voice who spoke the magic, and so we fell in love with the Phantom. Then later, when we discovered the man behind the mask... we realized that there is so much of Gerry in our Phantom, and so much of the Phantom in our Gerry.

When I first joined a GB website over 2 years ago, I wrote freely on that site about my feelings for the Phantom and for Gerry, and you are right.... there are many people who just did not get it. And some I heard from, were appalled that there were those of us who had a spiritual/soulish response to Gerry's Phantom.

So I think people get out of POTO what they put into it. If they allow themselves to be carried away by its beauty, sensuality and passion.... that's what they take from it. To others, it's just a stoopid musical.

I believe there are those of us too, who at the time POTO came out, were in very difficult places in our lives. I was dealing with Nathan's illness, and other ladies I've heard from had lost loved one, or were in the throes of depression. Somehow the Phantom's message reached through all the hurt and disappointments of our lives, and made us believe that there could be more, and that we deserved more.

I will always believe that Gerry playing the role of the Phantom was meant to be... and that he has extraordinary gifts that ARE being used by God to help others, whether he knows it or not.

He's just a man like any other, and quite a naughty one at that, but beneath the bad boy and goofball....there is a very special soul.... some recognize that soul, and others do not.

It is a mystery.... but the truth is, some of Gerry's fans really do love him.

What are your thoughts Lair sisters?

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

I think some people have walls built up around them...and they are strong & sturdy walls(probably for good reason) and not about to be penetrated soon....others have walls...but they are weary of holding them up and when something magical happens...the walls come more easily down...some of us don't really have those kinds of walls...we let anything loving & happy in...yeah...we get hurt alot...but we pick up & go on hoping for something better the next time (optimists & hopeless romantics?)....

As for me...I'm not prone to walls...I try to build them...but I tear them down very quickly myself...don't want to 'miss' anything!

I waited my whole life for someone to make 'my' Phantom 'real'....there had to be more to The Phantom than what I had experienced from books & movies...it wasn't even about all of that, really.

Then Gerard Butler & Joel Schumacher, Andrew Lloyd Webber...all came together to make the magic happen...and Gerry breathed the love & life into the Phantom that 'I' was hoping for....and I was sooo ready to absorb all of it....nothing before even came close to that magic & G's portrayal...and I believe, because of Gerry, nothing, no one, ever will... The Phantom is there in my head, my heart, my soul,...not just on the theater screen... or a DVD... to be turned off & on at will....Gerry goes on with his life...and I do love him... like a new found/long lost relative....but His Phantom is with me always.....He has become part of my being....my 'soul mate' (who says it has to be another 'real' person???) Besides...I'm 52 years old...if my 'real' soul mate' hasn't made himself known yet....I'm not going to waste time & energy holding my breath!!! It's not like I'm hiding myself away with duct tape over my mouth!!! Ha, ha!...LOL!

For me...Gerry is the special 'Angel' who made The Phantom passionate and real...I liken them to 'twins'...for me....one doesn't exist without the other.....I will love them both forever....

And that... I won't even try try explain......

And ...sad to say...some people are just shallow...and nothing seeps in...too sad!

Edited by Debrasue

Swann...this site is acting a little wiggy...the pages keep resizing and the editor is being tempermental also... but I'm still here....that last pic was acting strangely...so I uploaded again with a new name...that should work...

the thing is photobucket won't accept piccies larger than 1024 pixels, so if you upload someting lager than that, it automatically resizes it... :tantrum:
Hi mina!!! No..it wasn't too big...I was just having problems uploading pictures from the gallery...I've noticed...when I don't change the name...when I just use whatever it was originally...it doesn't like to upload correctly....no problems after I renamed it...I usually crop down the big ones anyway...but then I automatically rename them then....photobucket & google use alot of spybots(cookies) also....they get in the way....the pages on this site resize whether posting pictures or not...very annoying....and I also notice in that quote the 'color' tags show...but not in my original post... what's up with that??? Grrrr......

Hi Peggy!!!

Poppy.... Erik in Red is always 'cool'....

OOOHHHHH Yea Erik in Red Hot Hot Hot :heat::heat::heat: that's for sure!!!!!

Peggy

His Royal Hotness...and Christine...pretty in pink...Love this pic...wish it were full length ...This photo almost looks 'Vermeir-ish'....

'Ermmm....Were you trying to hide that ring....Christine?'

Posted Image

RD would love for you to

click him! Twice!

Edited by Debrasue

Yep!...Know what you mean!!!.......sigh~

I think G has his own special type of 'hormones'...his essence goes way beyond testosterone....Gerrosterone! It oozes from every pore and permeates the atmosphere...smell it...feel it...heady... and romantic....sensually captivating...hypnotic....the ultimate aphrodisiac...it even eminates from computer screens and photographs.....get carried away and lost in his spell...his gaze will strip you to your core....make your soul cry for more...Love....

Edited by Debrasue

Ooooo, I was just brainstorming with Dayna this morning, after I got that PM. I was telling her that I think it would be really amazing, if as part of next year's Vegas convention activities... we set aside a time and place (during the day) for an informal round table discussion, where ladies can share their thoughts, feelings, experiences and life changes, regarding Gerry and or, POTO. I think that is the one ingredient that is missing at the Con for some of us, who would like to make deeper connections. I suggested to Dayna, that we call this event, "Love Letters From the Lair." And I would be happy to organize and lead out at such an event.

She was very excited about the idea, and we will get into the details later.... but how wonderful would it be for a group of phans and fans just to hang out and open their hearts about something that means so much to them. I also told Dayna, it could be the sort of Oprah event of the Con.

I was thinking it would be neat for the ladies to bring their Phantom related scrapbooks, graphics, artwork... whatever they would like to share with others.

Anyhow... it's too early to make plans now, but I'm already excited about it.

So some of you Lair GALS should consider attending!

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Gerrosterone!!!!!!!!!!! BRILLIANT Deb!

Hey, do you think that if I sit here on my lazy arse long enough.... the dishes will do themselves?????

Hahahahahahahaha :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Nawwww...Swann....they'll still be there...they're not going anywhere...dirty dishes Love the sink in the kitchen...they can sit there all day....only the clean ones need your attention....they beg to be put away!

BTW....excellent idea about the convention for next year....I've always thought The Phantom was an integral part of Gerry's allure....(and vice versa!)...The spirit of his Phantom should be there...his story is timeless...and knows no borders or nationalities or age limits (much like G!).. I'm not so much into Oprah these days...I love to talk in public(I'm chatty!)...but not about my 'personal' self....I'd rather listen & be supportive of someone else.....

Those RD pictures are demanding to be posted....wish I had some poem or text to addd.....hmmm.....

I've been posting my Phantom poems w/pictures at my Literature Network forumboard....I'm getting good , positive responses & feed back from the guys (men) there...I think that's so cool that it's not just a 'chick' thing!

Edited by Debrasue

Great letter Swan. The only part that made me wonder just a bit was pointing out the experiences you had on another site. I would hate to think that someone reading that might take it as a slam. I think all the sites dedicated to Gerry have their own "feel." Not everyone here feels the same way about POTO, but I think that's why the Lair has become so important to those of us who read the threads. It affects US the way it does for so many reasons. That's why I love reading about other people's experiences.

I hope that makes sense. Oh and I LOVE the idea of a gathering to talk about Phantom with a group of folks at next year's convention. That would be wonderful. I know you and I have talked about it and boy did we both go on. LOL LOL LOL Wasn't it great? I think that's why the Lair has become so special to me. Gerry's portrayal of Phantom will always hold a very special place in my heart.

Posted Image

Good Heavens...How am I supposed to get any work done on my opera scores when you gals insist on skinnydipping right here in the Lair? Not that I mind ....but it's very distracting, dears...and now Lairotica is wrapping herself in my cape and getting it all wet!!! You gals!...what am I going to do with you?!!!

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

I'd say I'm shocked but I'm too busy LMAO!!! Posted Image

Hugs to all. I've had a busy day of taking my son to the orthodontist to get his braces off, returning him to Boy Scout camp and then replacing all of the family's cell phones. I need some GALS time now. :kisswink:

Jillian, Mistress of the Night

Posted Image

I'm not into Oprah either ( I think God is doing a fine job running the world, and does not need a replacement LOL)... but you get the idea....

So what is this other forum you speak of? Got a link?

I was really struck when I saw the live POTO, how different Joel's vision for Red Death is, compared to the play. Well there really is no comparison. Joel wanted him dangerous, sad and sexy.... while the stage RD is austere, but almost comedic. The costume is so overthetop, just like in the silent film.

Gerry's version is dangerously alluring and kinky.... but then there is also that ever present sadness and desperation that never quite leaves him.

In the movie, you WANT Christine to go with him, but in the play, you don't.

Swannie

Great letter Swan. The only part that made me wonder just a bit was pointing out the experiences you had on another site. I would hate to think that someone reading that might take it as a slam. I think all the sites dedicated to Gerry have their own "feel." Not everyone here feels the same way about POTO, but I think that's why the Lair has become so important to those of us who read the threads. It affects US the way it does for so many reasons. That's why I love reading about other people's experiences.

I hope that makes sense. Oh and I LOVE the idea of a gathering to talk about Phantom with a group of folks at next year's convention. That would be wonderful. I know you and I have talked about it and boy did we both go on. LOL LOL LOL Wasn't it great? I think that's why the Lair has become so special to me. Gerry's portrayal of Phantom will always hold a very special place in my heart.

Posted Image

Good Heavens...How am I supposed to get any work done on my opera scores when you gals insist on skinnydipping right here in the Lair? Not that I mind ....but it's very distracting, dears...and now Lairotica is wrapping herself in my cape and getting it all wet!!! You gals!...what am I going to do with you?!!!

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

I'd say I'm shocked but I'm too busy LMAO!!! Posted Image

Hugs to all. I've had a busy day of taking my son to the orthodontist to get his braces off, returning him to Boy Scout camp and then replacing all of the family's cell phones. I need some GALS time now. :kisswink:

Posted Image

Oh, well I guess I should not have worded it that way, but she actually brought up other sites, and the fact that some people just didn't get the whole Phantom thing. Anyhow, I was talking about my own personal experience and not making a judgment about other sites.

I'll be more careful.

Swannie

Okay, I edited my original post so as not to offend anyone here... that was not my intention.

Edited by Swansong

Just found this graphic on MySpace:

Posted Image

OMG!! Swannn...I could do a poem for that !!! Are we allowed to use these graphics??? They love when I post pictures with my poems at Lit Net!!!

Oh, well I guess I should not have worded it that way, but she actually brought up other sites, and the fact that some people just didn't get the whole Phantom thing. Anyhow, I was talking about my own personal experience and not making a judgment about other sites.

I'll be more careful.

Swannie

Okay, I edited my original post so as not to offend anyone here... that was not my intention.

Oh, I know that! (See highlighted portion) And see that all makes sense now, especially since she had brought it up. I didn't totally understand the context but that makes a lot more sense. Your letter was really great. I do find it amazing that some folks can be totally overwhelmed by the movie and others not so much. It's what makes us all human I suppose.

I'm just so glad that we can find the groups that we can to talk about the things that mean the most to us. I can't always explain why I feel the way I do about the fascination with POTO, with Gerry or even with GALS. I just know that all these things have changed my life for the better. And I'm glad that I can talk about it with folks that not only understand, but can take it to a whole other level for me.

:hugs: to all today. :kisswink:

Posted Image

And what's weird is.... I took some of my friends to POTO who totally GOT it. They were deeply moved...even shattered by the story, and felt that way long afterward. But others just couldn't see what was so special, and I started wondering if I was a few fries short of a happy meal.... a few notes short of an Opera score.... a few curls short of Christine's wig!!!

And I REALLY don't get when people can't see what we see in Gerry's portrayal. Honestly, some of the reviews written about his performance both as an actor and as a singer made me so angry, I wanted to do bad things to the writers (and I don't mean good bad... I mean BAD bad!)

You are right Jilly... it means so much to have a place and people we can share these things with.... cause really, POTO is not so much a movie, as it is a phenomenon!

Swannie

Just thought I would let you ladies know, I am in big pain today. For some reason, my eye tooth (one that was veneered) has become extremely sensitive all the way up into gum and sinus. It feels like that whole nerve is on fire, so I go back to the dentist tomorrow.

Throb throb throb! (if this was the gutter, that phrase would have a whole different meaning!) Hahahahahah!

Swannie

Well this one was on MySpace, so I would think anyone can post it wherever they want.

So what is this site you are talking about?

Swannie

That's wonderful...I just love that graphic...cause you can feel Erik's heartbreak...but I love Raoul also ( Patrick's portrayal is beautiful...it's like trying to choose between brothers...or at my age...sons!) I love them both...just not the same way...I guess....

Here's the link...I think!...

http://www.online-literature.com/forums/index.php

Oh Swannie. I'm so sorry about your tooth. I'm glad you're heading into the dentist to take care of it.

Gentle :hugs: to you

When I came back from seeing POTO, I was almost giddy. Well, actually I was more than giddy. I was a bit nuts. :lol: But I was so excited and so overwhelmed by it, I had to call my long time wonderful friend. I was talking a mile a minute, gushing about the movie. And while she knows me just about better than anybody except for maybe my husband, on this thing, we just don't think the same about it. She liked the movie, enjoyed Gerry's performance but wasn't blown away by it. Granted, she didn't see it on the big screen but I know that isn't it. There are plenty of folks that are members of this site alone that are here first because of Phantom and have never seen it on the big screen.

So, there is some mysterious quality about the movie, Gerry's performance and the way it has touched OUR souls that combines to make it the wonderful experience that it is for us. As long as someone doesn't put me down for feeling the way I do about it, I promise not to make them feel bad for not "getting it."

Fortunately, no one has put me down for my Gerry/Phantom love.... well my older sisters do roll their eyes when the subject comes up, but I try not to bring it up when they are around.

There are a WHOLE lot of movies that other people love and the critics went nuts over, that I just can't stand. American Beauty, anyone?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Not everyone gets POTO, and thats okay, but it DOES make me wonder what it IS about those of us who do? What makes us different? Why can Gerry turn us into a weeping mess with one lift of that brow.... and s single tear sliding down his cheek?

I've seen other actors do a fine job of crying on screen...some truly fine emotional portrayals... but somehow, they just don't move me in the same way.

Swannie

The brow.

Te tear.

The adam's apple bob.

The slight smile as he shows her the wedding dress for the first time.

The way he closes his eyes when he says "Our games of make believe are at an end"

I could go on and on and on and on.

I know the little parts of this movie by heart and I still get all fluttery when we see him just staring up as she's singing. Or when she touches him for the first time on his face.... Or........

:thud:

I think you get my meaning. :kisswink:

I honestly don't know what it is exactly, but I never want it to end. *sigh*

Posted Image