Gerard Butler GALS

'Love Letters from the Lair'

Hi Lair Sisters,

I just don't understand why people don't get POTO. I think Joel Schumacher did the film so much justice when he asked for a younger cast, especially Phantom. Every single time I watch this movie.....I get butterflies in my stomach when Gerry sings. I am so with you Swannie....I don't understand why many of the critics gave it such poor reviews. I really don't think those critics saw the same movie as I did.

Today, my son and his girlfriend Jenna were having lunch as I was ironing .....I was humming and singing PONR to myself. Jenna asked me if I had watched POTO today....she knows how much I love the music, the film, and GERRY.

Anyway....she told me PONR was her favorite song. Need I say....my son Zach was rolling his eyes at us....saying not you too ...to Jenna....LOL

POTO transcends all ages....A TRUE LOVE STORY.

BTW Jilly....The way he closes his eyes when he says "Our games of make believe are at an end" is my absolute favorite part.....and gives me the most butterflies in my stomach!

Hugs, Linda

Poppy GAL: 'Merciful Angel of the Lair'

The Merciful Angel blesses The Lair, with patient watch-care,

Never again will she allow harm to come to The Master, for whom,

Her pure soul bleeds.

Posted Image

Edited by Poppy

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes American Beauty...NOT!!!!

But... I don't worry too much about what other people think about me...it's their loss...not mine.... I know what I've found is special....and I also know that the people who know how special G and his Phantom are...well...special!.....I love and appreciate every single one of you....especially for 'putting up' with the crazy, silly stuff I do here...LOL!

Speaking of the PONR I love the part when he turns to walk to the stairs and climbs those steps ever so slowly. OMG he's so sexy in that scene.What am I saying? He's sexy throughout the movie.But there's just something about that scene that really makes me :heat: warm and fuzzy inside. And that walk across the bridge!!!! What more can I say?

Mistress of His Roses

Posted ImagePeggy

Ah yes American Beauty...NOT!!!!

But... I don't worry too much about what other people think about me...it's their loss...not mine.... I know what I've found is special....and I also know that the people who know how special G and his Phantom are...well...special!.....I love and appreciate every single one of you....especially for 'putting up' with the crazy, silly stuff I do here...LOL!

BTW Swannie Thanks Sweetie....we were joking this afternoon that I had siggy block cause I had a tough time coming up with something.... Judy...your next!!!

CRAZY, SILLY STUFF???? OMG Debrasue...Your so called crazy and silly stuff keeps me coming back and well entertained!!! Good Lawd keep it coming!!!

Ladyfran of the Lair 'Mistress of the Masters Cherished Violin'

Posted Image

Edited by ladyfran

Ok...Lady Fran...are cloning tools (Gee....sounds like drone men on Venus!) uhmmm...where was I .....

Are they what you use when you use the 'layering' and other editing tools...my photoshop has some of those...but I have only experimented with them...boy do I know how to really f**k -up a perfectly good photo!!! LOL!

BTW Jilly....The way he closes his eyes when he says "Our games of make believe are at an end" is my absolute favorite part.....and gives me the most butterflies in my stomach!

Hugs, Linda

It is definitely one of the sexiest "eye-closes" I've ever seen. :tasty:

The moment I discovered what a :gerrygasm: was.... (of course, I didn't realize it had a name. :lol: )

"What raging fire shall flood the soul...."

Oh Good God. The way he growls his way through "fire." :spontaneous: It still surprises that all my clothes didn't fall off in the theater. I think I kept sinking down in my chair. Perhaps due to lack of oxygen. But my friend sitting next to me thought it was a hoot. (Me sliding down, not the song)

Keep in mind, she was on I believe her 6th time at that point of seeing it.

There are sooooooo many moments throughout MOTN and PONR that blow my mind with just the littlest of nuances. Gerry acts with his entire body. His face, his eyes, his hands, and of course those legs of his... :thudstars: Can you tell I've been O.D.ing on POTO again? :lol:

hehehehehe, I slid down my chair too..... not sure why, but I felt the need to be HORIZONTAL!!!!!! I also literally grabbed onto my knees.

I've NEVER had such a physical response to a movie.

I tell ya, by the time PONR was over, I could barely walk!!!!!

And then at then end when the camera pans to the rose on the grave.... I was crying so hard.... just sitting there in the theater until every last soul had left but me and my sis.

Then when you step outside the theater and walk to the car, you don't EVEN know where the hell you are!

"Isn't this supposed to be 18th century France????"

Swannie

*sigh*

*shiver*

*drooooooooooooool*

Gorgeous man. Just look at those eyes, and those hands.

Lovely, Debrasue. Lovely. :cunning:

Swannie - you kill me!! "I felt the need to be horizontal" I freaking love that. But that must be the reason why I couldn't stay upright in my seat. LOL

Of course, as I left the theater I was plotting ways to jump the guy who played Phantom. I was in for the "education of a lifetime." LOL Gerry, if you only knew what you do to us.

Jillian, Mistress of the Night

Posted Image

Hey Lair sisters...I'm up later and later it seems but I just had to pop in and post my new siggy....It's just a fantasy but it should go along with the conversation of late!! Good night and SSGD...... :kisswink:

Ladyfran of the Lair 'Mistress of the Masters Cherished Violin'

Posted Image

Hey...Now that's a cool & refreshing sig...Fran...very nice!!!

One more...just cause I haven't seen it in awhile...

He's clickable too....

Posted Image

I know what you mean Swann...why do you think I Love to spend sooo much time in the gallery....selecting & posting pictures????

Hello fellow POTO lovers::

Swannie: Love your new Siggie

Your idea of POTo discussions at next

years Vegas sounds wonderful.

A few curls short of Christines Wig??? :rotflmao::rotflmao:

I love it!!!

I love reading all about everyones

feelings about this wonderful movie.

You can put things into words so much

better than I can. But my heart feels

the same as all yours.

I end up like this :tissues: no matter how

many times I see this story.

By the end of PONR I am a total wreck...

:mopboyerik: :reddeath:

I work with a gal who was introduced to

Gerry with 300. She totally thinks he is so

hot. I am taking my POTO in for her to

watch. She will be toast I just know it. :cunning:

Hope you all have a wonderful tomorrow.

Debbie

OMG!! :yourock:

This is my first time online today--and there is SO much here, I don't know

where to start!! The new siggies, the great photos, "Germones"--I LOVE that!

Wow. Just WOW!!

First, I want to say that, Swannie, your idea for Vegas next year it terrific! I

SO wanted to spend MORE time with the GALS and the idea of the POTO

group would just be a great forum for discussion and "bonding." If there is

any way I can get back I would plan to spend less time sightseeing and more

time doing what I really am there to do, if at all possible. You sure have the

right idea.

I have had some thoughts on the "why do we feel the way we do about Gerry

and POTO" as well. The first time I saw the movie, I was blown away by

the beauty and interpretation of the story and the characters. I couldn't take

my eyes off Gerry but I did find my mind often wandering away from the

plot wondering WHO IS THIS ACTOR? I knew I LOVED the movie, and I

knew it would hold a special place in my heart. I don't think I had any idea

just HOW special that would be.

Erik is real, too. He is REAL because Erik is not just a character that Gerry

Butler the actor, portrayed. Gerry Butler BECAME Erik. He was willing to

reach deep into his soul to find the part of him that would be Erik. All of the

great moments in the movie that you spoke of earlier today--those that

touched us all so deeply (and those moments in PONR that were so

hidiously interruped with the dancers, the ones where I still scream, "Get

that camera back on Erik!!")--they happened because this actor with the

beautiful soul let us see inside so it was REAL, not just "acting."

GB, himself, has said this, and that he sometimes has difficulty coming out from

a role such as this and King Leo. I can see why, and that is the very reason

that he is the wonderful talented "untrained" actor that he is!!

I love all of you wonderful ladies. Each and every one of you is special to me.

I know I can come here at the end of the day and I will be laughing, maybe

crying, maybe left "wondering," but I know I am safe, that I am loved, and

that I am a part of something really SPECIAL.

God Bless , and Hugs to ALL,

Judy

Judith of the Lair, Keeper of the Innocents

and Guardian of the Royal Pug

Posted Image

Judy and Debbie, I am so glad you stopped in. Yes sometimes the Lair is very quiet, and all you can hear are the sound of lapping water and candles flickering.... maybe the sweet and sad strains of Erik's violin from a distance. But other times the Lair is hopping and popping with ideas, creativity and fun.

And guess what ladies.... today is my official 2nd anniversary as a member of GALS!!!!!

Whoo hoo!

Edited by Swansong

Woot mannn!!!! Happy Anniversary Swann!!!! I'll be two in August! I've been uploading pics all day it seems like....Hope your tooth isn't bothering you so much right now ....I hate toothaches.....Grrrr.

Hey there Judy! I love the things that you write...I look forward to your visits here....

All these new siggys are wonderful....

OK....this pic has been giving me fits....but it's getting late & my eyes are fried & my backside is numb....

This expression reminds me of the one he has when he's leaning on the organ...and Christine is waiting in the boat...kind of an anxious 'God..I hope this works...cause I'm really just bluffing my way...and is she gonna buy all this crap??? Cause this is my last chance...sealed my fate...here on the stage....police all around...I'm starring in my own opera...but.... now it's all up to Christine...cause I know what the plan is... how they want to ensnare me...and she knows that I know....so...waddya say...Christine....go with the plan?....or come with me?'... kinda look....I think this expression so incredibly sexy...a guy slightly off-keel because of his woman....and he's not sure if she is his woman....HA! and poor Raoul is thinking the same thing!!!! Who is she going to choose??? She's got Raoul in tears of fear that he's going to lose her...to this very sexy & sensual 'teacher'.....who's known her for 10 years....

Posted Image

it's only starting to cool down enough to feel comfortable....yeah...I love Frans/Peggy's new siggy...Christine & Erik in the water...

Edited by Debrasue

Hey Sisters of the Lair

I guess I got a little lost today. You know Erik he just loves to play.

Well I think the POTO discussion at the Con next year is a great idea. I will definitely try to be there.

My a favorite part of PONR is when he walks be hind Christine and puts his hand on her neck and pulls her into his body. That is the moment I came undone. Wow how sexy.

Well Good night to all.

Lairotica,

The Master's Joy of the Flesh

Posted Image

Judy, I think you are absolutely dead-on in what it is about Gerry's performance that is just so breathtaking. I think you are right that we get that magical glance into his soul. *sigh* Amazing. He does that same thing with another two of his performances that I absolutely love. Dear Frankie and The Jury. I know he's an actor so I understand this is his job but I just believe he draws on that deep part of his soul in these three particular roles. Blows me away each time I watch them.

And I'm so excited at the idea of having a POTO discussion in Vegas. We need to make this happen! We'll see you there, Judy. :kisswink:

Happy GALS-anniversary, Swannie!! Last year on mine, I think it was Kristine that called it a GALSiversary. I thought that was cute.

And let's face it, Erica. That whole song of PONR is sexy. :heat: But I gasped out loud the other night in that moment of him right behind her. The power and just flat out raw sexuality is, is, is, :thudstars:

Well Dayna made me PROMISE to bring the idea up with her again when things have settled down a bit for her, and I know I am committed to doing whatever I can to promote the idea. I was telling my hubby about it, and he got really excited, because I'm always sharing with him the emails and PMs I get from people who were so moved by Gerry's Phantom, that they have changed their lives because of its inspiration. Also, my readers sometimes leave me the most beautiful feedback of how the Phantom has motivated them to make major changes, and Bill sometimes reads those on my Chanson site.

My head is swimming with ideas of how to put this together!

I am headed for the dentist this afternoon, and I just hope and pray this won't entail some major procedure. Today they are just doing an exam to see what the problem is, and then we'll go from there.

As I was staring at the pics Debrasue is posting here, I was really struck by Gerry's posture as Don Juan. Especially with how he positions his shoulders into Emmy's body. You can feel every inch of his body is straining to make physical contact with her, and it is the most seductive and passionate sex scene on screen.... fully clothed.

I'm not sure how, at 16 years old, Emmy was able to portray what she did with her facial expressions, but in the language of the gutter, she appeared to have "Arrived" a number of times in his arms!

Swannie

Yep!...Know what you mean!!!.......sigh~

I think G has his own special type of 'hormones'...his essence goes way beyond testosterone....Gerrosterone!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

No, seriously, back to Swannie's question: not many movies have ever done what POTO has done to me. And I know it has all to do with ALW music and with Gerry. I already loved the Phantom as it had been portrayed onstage by Michael Crawford, and I was only 14 when I went to theatre in London to see that. But the way Gerry portrayed Erik, that was mesmerizing. Different from Michael Crawford - being MC's Phantom a charming yet a middle-aged one - and, above all, closer to me. It's rather difficult to me to explain that, but I can relate to *his* Phantom more than I ever did before, surely more than I could relate to MC's one. I don't see how anybody couldn't be touched, yet I do understand we're not all the same, we think differently on many things, so it's just impossible everybody could like the same thing the same way.

As for Gerry being a gift from God - I'm with you on that, Swannie. This guy doesn't just ooze hotness, there's something more to that. There are a lot of guys who look hotter than him (please don't throw tomatoes at me for having said this), but the passion and the soul he puts in what he does makes me feel he's on a different, higher level - and I just can't think that only comes from a man, there has to be a God who gifted him with that, and yes, he's naughy et al, but I really can't see any evil into the sparkle of Gerry's eyes.

This guy doesn't just ooze hotness, there's something more to that. There are a lot of guys who look hotter than him (please don't throw tomatoes at me for having said this), but the passion and the soul he puts in what he does makes me feel he's on a different, higher level - and I just can't think that only comes from a man, there has to be a God who gifted him with that, and yes, he's naughy et al, but I really can't see any evil into the sparkle of Gerry's eyes.

Madamina.....you really hit it on the nail what you said list above. Amen!!!!