Gerard Butler GALS

6/25 - "300" star, rapper rock for Ritchie crime movie

http://www.reuters.com/

"300" star, rapper rock for Ritchie crime movie

By Borys Kit

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "300" hero Gerard Butler, Tom Wilkinson, Thandie Newton and rapper Chris "Ludacris" Bridges have been cast in "RocknRolla," writer/director Guy Ritchie's return to the caper genre.

Butler stars as a street-smart mobster who has learned to play both sides of the fence, while Wilkinson plays an old-school mob boss whose regime is quickly losing ground to foreign interlopers.

Newton acts as the love interest of Butler's character, and Bridges plays an American trying to break into the U.K. music scene.

The story is set in motion when a Russian mobster orchestrates a crooked land deal and millions of dollars are thrown up for grabs, with all of London's criminal underworld players wanting in on the action.

Ritchie, whose credits include "Snatch" and "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels," starting filming last week in London. Warner Bros. Pictures is distributing.

Butler will next be seen opposite Hilary Swank in the romantic drama "P.S. I Love You." Wilkinson next stars opposite George Clooney in the drama "Michael Clayton." Newton recently appeared in "Norbit" and "The Pursuit of Happyness." Bridges' credits include "Crash."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Thank you for sharing this article. A little more information on who will be playing who. I'll be looking forward to this one for sure. Sounds as if it will be funny, too!

:claphands: :inlove:

Guy Ritchies films always have an off the wall, dark humour about them....once you get used to the violence & 'guy' stuff....then you really see the humour.....

I'm excited for Gerry to be involved in so many different types of projects right now. He is doing the right thing, I think, and striking while the iron is hot and going in several different directions so as not to be typecast as "just an action star" because we all know he is so, so very much more than that. And a movie with a real love interest! Yeah!!! Then from this one to a children's story - diversity is the name of the game and he is playing it verrra well I think. And notice that Warner Brothers seems to have a hand in many of his new projects - it seems they are willing to invest in his future since he was part of what put a big wad of cash in their pockets this year.

The "Hollywood Reporter" stated that, "Warner Bros. is distributing." I would then

guess that ROCKNROLLA will come to the US. (I am still so major bummed that

SHATTERED has had such distribution setbacks.)

Guess we will just have to think positive for both!!

Judy

Butler stars as a street-smart mobster who has learned to play both sides of the fence, while Wilkinson plays an old-school mob boss whose regime is quickly losing ground to foreign interlopers.

shiver.... :gerrygasm: :spontaneous: :thud:

I will keep my comments about the actress to myself. *Bites tongue really hard*

Is it because you don't like her or is it because our place in line just keeps getting greater? :rotflmao: I know she's married w/a kid but what are the chances they hit it off? :cunning: Nyeh, I wouldn't want her w/him anyway. He's too good for her even though I have nothing against her. I'm still quite comfy up here in the front though. :funnyface:

Cassie

Mobster...I'm thinking JACKIE JR. Oh, damn.

The only way this could get better is if Ian McShane was in it..but I'd die and that wouldn't be good.

I just read that it was Ritchie's production partner that did LAYER CAKE, now if the movie is ANYTHING like that...this will be GLORIOUS.

Ummm....Cassie - if I'm not mistaken YOU are married with a kid too - makes the front a little crowded, doesn't it? :funnyface:

Posted Image Spoiler! :funnyface:

Cassie

This is sounding better! Gerry has a love interest! Now I'm getting excited! I just hope it's gonna play in the states!

Swannie

With Ludacris in the cast, it will definately play in the states. I can't wait!!!!

Ooooh....

and I just saw this, it may be mentioned previously (but I missed it?)

from

ANI Entertainment News

Guy Ritchie lines up his cast for 'RocknRolla'

By ANI

Tuesday June 26, 03:02 PM

Washington, June 26 (ANI): Actor/singer Gerard Butler, actor Tom Wilkinson, actress Thandie Newton, rapper Chris 'Ludacris' Bridges and actor Idris Elba are set to star in the upcoming flick 'RocknRolla'.

Guy Ritchie, who has penned down the script, will direct the film for Joel Silver's Dark Castle Entertainment.

The action comedy gangster flick will start production on 19th July in London, Variety reports.

The film, which is budgeted under 20 million dollars has Steve Richards and Navid McIlhargey as executive producers and Lauren Meek as associate producer.

'RocknRolla' is said to be similar to the director's earlier gangster hits 'Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels' and 'Snatch'.

Ritchie will make a comeback after his 2005 'Revolver', which was critically panned.

The film is about a Russian mobster who makes a dishonest land deal, putting millions of dollars up for grabs and attracting London's entire criminal underworld. (ANI)

:claphands: action comedy...oooh, I :hearts: Gerry being funny!

I'm sure this will come to the United States. Guy Ritchie's films have been very popular in America. Gerry and Thandie Newton should be good together. I have seen her in several roles, she is a very good and versital actress...beautiful too.

Rebekah

Poor baby is going to be very tired after this year but it all seems worth it. and i'm looking forward to all the time at the movies seeing the films. Im just so proud and happy that this is coming Gerry's way., can't think of anyone who deserves it more :claphands:

I love how this movie just came out of nowhere. No speculation one minute, then Gerry and his LUPOs boarding a flight to London the next to start filming. :D

I am also happy with the rest of the cast! Tom, Thandie and Ludacris, yay!

Guy Ritchies movies are always fun & funny...but the minute someone mentions gangster & guns the chicks get turned off....I don't know why.....I learned about Ritchies movies from my sons...they said I would love them...and I did!!!! I wouldn't count on alot of romance though....sex... maybe...that's more of a "Ritchie' thing....unless he changes his 'formula'....but most of his humor comes from guys doing stupid things.... and then trying to get away with it....and the 'domino' effect that ensues....I love the twists & turns he weaves in his storylines....should be a good movie!

Edited by Debrasue