Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

WELCOME to the 22nd floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 47 floors to go to reach 69 again!

Posted Image:happybirthday:

Now isn't it serendipitous that we are building floor #22 as GALS is celebrating our 2nd birthday?! Happy Birthday to us! We're having a party and you are all invited. I think it should be a potluck - they are so much fun and you get so much variety. So what (and who) are you bringing to the party? I think Johnnie Donne would be my date, but I'll keep him away from the punch bowl in case some prankster decides to spike it!

And for those who haven't seen it yet - GALS is celebrating its birthday by giving a present to Scottish Youth Theatre via raffles of :gerrylicious: presents for YOU!! So don't forget to check it out and be part of GALS gift to SYT here

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

All right, a new floor!

I'm bringing Erik, if he will only get out of his dungeon!! :reddeath: Okay, okay, YOU lead the way!

Mousie

YES! At last, I am the first poster on a new floor!!!

Edited by mousie

w00t!! 2 years!! Wow...

LOL, definitely let Erik lead the way, Mousie! :rotflmao:

~Mel

WooHoo TWO years... HAPPY Birthday GALS!!!

:hmm2: :bow2::whome2: :ohbaby2: :goodjob2: :happybirthday:

Posted ImageFran and Bob

Wow 43 years together and still going strong!!!!! God Bless!!

Love Ya,

Your Big Sis,

Peg

Did this once on the last floor but was afraid this was gonna happen, the floors changed and I knew you wouldn't see it being you went shopping to get your Laptop.(Spoiled Brat) LOL So anyway I did it again so you wouldn't miss it.

Happy Anniversary and many many more.

Posted ImagePeggy

:yippee: Happy Birthday to the GALS!!!!! :yippee:

New floor wahoo!!!! Whom should I bring hum... Well, he's not immortalized yet but I'll take One-Two from RocknRolla! He sounds like my kind of guy!

Cassie

Edited by Cassie

Guest greyeyegoddess

Two years?! Wow!

Well, what do you know? It's my two years anniversary, too! And think Bethy celebrates with me. Who else?

~alice

:music:

Posted ImageGals

I haven't been here 2 years but loved every minute that I have been. You Gals are all great friends to have. And I'm happy to know you.

Posted Image Peggy

Posted ImageGALS! :woo::woo:

:partytime:...ok, I've got dibs on Andre...yup...that's who I'm bringing to the party!

Frannie, Happy Anniversay to you and Bob....43 years is quite an accomplishment! May you two have many, many more! Love you! :hug:

Peggy, did she really whine enough to get her very own laptop? :rotflmao: Love you too!

hugs to all and my love too!

I have lots to do today and since I ddin't wake up until 11:30 am (ok, playing mama doing the every 4 to five hour feedings and diaper changing took it's toll on me), I have got to go! Hope to be back later.

Sue

Here is my little gift for the great times and wonderful gals that I have had the pleasure to meet and to share my Sweetheart with!!! :kisswink::cunning:

Click me and make me bigger!!!

Posted Image

Thanks Peggy and Sue.....Yes I am spoiled but after all I gave Bobby 43 fantastic years with me!!!!!!!! :rotflmao::rotflmao:

:cunning: Fran

Edited by ladyfran

HAPPY BIRTHDAY #2 GALS!!!:claphands::claphands:

Wishing Fran a very Happy Anniversary with many more years to come. Just think, now the real fun starts with the move, the new Pub and who knows what else??? :yippee:

Sue What a Grandma!! Did the feeding thing all night? I don't think I could do that routine...it's bad enough I have to get up and go to the bathroom allllll night!! I'll bet you enjoyed every minute of it!!

Suzie Hope everything is much better for everyone there in Texas. I was happy to hear you were able to get out and have some fun with your "boy" visiting the Alamo yesterday. I hope all is well with anyone else who's been having those downpours and floods!! BTW, Suzie, when my son was in basic training at Lackland AF Base back in '84, it was the first time in a 100 yrs. that it snowed in San Antonio!!....being a CA boy, I remember he was just thrilled with that news. I also recall lots of stories of that river walk and the partying going on with those Airmen First Class boys and girls when they were let loose!! (Glad THOSE days are over!!)

This morning I walked around a lake we have close by, it's so beautiful and since I was out there early enough, it wasn't too hot....very nice and refreshing. I sat down on one of the benches and just enjoyed the scenery and view of the Saddleback mountains.

When I got home, I started clearing out some "stuff"....rather moving things from one spot to another. Where does all this crap come from?? When my Mother got older, she didn't want anymore things...I'm beginning to know exactly what she was talking about. Too much stuff!!

If any of you GALS want to stop in over at GB.net to the Tilted Kilt Pub #3 in CA Events come on in, pull up a stool and enjoy a cool one while chatting with some our locals. We have new visitors/patrons coming by all the time. Susan stops in (when she has time) beejay has found her spot, AG/Miss Nancy pops in from time to time too and other GALS from the SC stop in. You never know who you'll run into in there!! Just tell the bartender-for-the-day that JUDE sent you!! :funnyface:

Before I sign off, Lish....I've been keeping your little guy in my thoughts and prayers. I hope with each day, he will get stronger and stronger.

Have a good day everyone....till next time :wave:

JUDE/Judy

oooo wait... I forgot to say who I'm bringing to the party... it's gonna be... *can anyone guess??*

Ok... I'll bring this Guy :creedy:

Creedy's coming with ME :claphands::funnyface::cunning::kisswink:

Guest greyeyegoddess

Ooops, I'd be dangerous if I read!

I'm sure I won't be the only bringing :leochest:

and his 300 men...oooo...ok, maybe one or two or three others... :kisswink:

~alice

:claphands:Happy Birthday, GALS! I've been here just over a year, and have loved every minute of it! Now, who will my date be? :hmm2: I think I'll go with :Erikunmasked: :inlove:

Fran-Happy Anniversary! Wow, 43 years! That's great!

Jude- 1984 happens to be the last time it has snowed here in San Antonio! We've had some sleet and a few ice storms, but no snow since then.

Not only did I have to go for my annual mammogram today, yuck, but I had to go in pouring rain down flooded streets! :tantrum: I'm happy to say I made it there and back in one piece, along with my car! It appears to have stopped raining now, hopefully for the day. The grass and plants haven't been so green here in years! Good Sport is complaining that although he mowed the lawn two days ago, it needs it again. I'm beginning to miss the drought we usually have every Summer! :funnyface:

Lish-I pray that Brayan will continue to improve. :hugs:

:wave: to all!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GALS!!!

:claphands: :inlove:

Everyone have a great DAY!!!

Fran: HAPPY ANNIVERSARY - You and hubby enjoy the day!

Hugs

Cat

Edited by Terry's Witch

Congratulations on 43 years Fran!! That is amazing.

Sue and Elissa - glad you got some nice weather yesterday but sorry it turned nasty again today. We are having a nasty drought here in California - I think we've had less than 2" of rain since last July and that makes for very scary fire conditions. We've already had some (Lake Tahoe suffered major losses just this week) and it isn't even "fire season" yet. 2003 was so frightening when there were major fires in ever county surrounding ours - and in 1993 we had the Laguna Beach fire that destroyed many very expensive homes. I'm worried about it for this year.

Well, everybody is bringing a date to this birthday party but nobody is bringing any food! I volunteer to bring some fresh guacamole and tortilla chips - and I'll bring the cake too!

Oh, we need to bring food too? GALS cannot live on eye-candy alone! :rotflmao: I'll bring beef fajitas, pico de gallo, and flour tortillas. It's a South Texas necessity! Good Sport will cook up a pot of his famous, or infamous, Aztec Fire, aka, very hot chile!

Guest greyeyegoddess

Well, those who went to Vegas last year knows what happened when Gerry arrived...everyone lost their appetite. What a great way to lose weight!

Ok, if we must eat...I'll bring two salads, a chef salad with all the fixings and variety of dressings, and an asian salad, ditto with fixings.

If we need more cakes, I can bring more. Or ice cream? with toppings!

Dang, is it dinner time yet? :funnyface:

~alice

In honor of GALS 2nd Birthday, my date for the party will also be :mopboymarek: Sweet Marek.

Frannie, Happy Anniversary - why don't you show us a wedding picture too? Last time I got married it was in a gold silk minidress. I will NEVER post any of those pictures!

Hugs to all!! Off to check on the Littlest Spartan. Also sending many prayers that Bella's tests come back OK!

Suzie

Happy Anniversary GALS!

I can't believe it has been two years already. I've made so many friends and had so much fun on this site. Thanks Dayna for starting the madneess. Jenni, Stef and my modsquad sisters for keeping us afloat. And the most important of all of you gals for keeping us going. Oh yeah and Gerry! LOL! :whome2:

I'll be bringing this guy ======> :leochest:.

Best of all I will bring the booze!!!!!!

PS. Happy Anniversary to Fran and Mr. Fran!

Fran, ~ Happy Anniversary!!! Wow! 43 yrs. :claphands:

That's truly wonderful.

I hope you and hubby are having a beautiful evening.

Hugs, Marianne

Happy 2nd Birthday GALS!! Woot Woot!!

Edited by celadon2

In honor of GALS 2nd Birthday, my date for the party will also be :mopboymarek: Sweet Marek.

Frannie, Happy Anniversary - why don't you show us a wedding picture too? Last time I got married it was in a gold silk minidress. I will NEVER post any of those pictures!

Hugs to all!! Off to check on the Littlest Spartan. Also sending many prayers that Bella's tests come back OK!

Suzie

Fran: Happy Anniversary! :hearts:

GALS: Happy Birthday . . . I think I'll be accompanying :mopboybeowulf: to the party. I'll be bringing my favorite recipe . . . Texas Sheet Cake . . . the richest, browniest brownies you have ever tasted! Yummy!

Sending good thoughts and prayers out there to all that need them.

I second the invitation Jude extended to anyone interested in stopping in at the Tilted Kilt Pub . . . people are friendly and "everyone knows your name". Cheers Hope to see you there.

Beejay

Suzie, well, you and I have the same taste in our men I can see...well, you'll have to share sweet Posted Image

with me...I claimed him first! :funnyface:Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Marek after the two Sues get finished with him)

OK, let's see I'll bring a 7 layered dip and the whip cream ... for the cakes (for those of you gutter girls who were thinking other things)...:cunning: .oh and I'll make me version of Brandy Alexanders....french vanilla ice cream, Brandy, and Bailey's Irish cream.

Frannie, I forgot to tell you how much I love your new siggie...so HOT!

Susan, I have the same worries up here in the north. We had a lot more rain than you guys down south ... but still it was a much drier winter than we are accustomed to. The first year we moved to Redding we were almost evacuated from a fire that came pretty close. I heard on the news a few days ago that the worst California fire (I guess in terms of homes lost) was the one they had in the Oakland Hills a number of years ago and than 2 of the top 5 were in Shasta County :tissues:. Some of these fires are unavoidable but others (like the huge fire a few years ago up near Lake Shasta) are caused by negligence and/or arsonists. I'm in favor of frying all arsonists!

hugs,

Sue

Wow happy birthday GALS many many more years too. Fran congratulations on 43 wow I don't know if I can make it that long haha. hi all bee jayu, Elissa, Perrin, Susan, Jude, Mousie, Sue, Peg, Suzie hope you are ok in Texas my son in law just left today for Arlington he is making his residence there starting when he gets there. Cat, Jenn, Marianne, have a good evening ya'll and I am about to make a raffle too. lu lu ya'll be good if you can. betts

:claphands: Happy Anniversary, LadyFran! Wow, 43 years, that a beautiful thing to celebrate.

Happy Birthday, GALS! I'm glad I found GALS and to be part of such a wonderful group of people.

I'm not much of a cook, but I'll bring Gerritas to the party. Favorite of the Gutter Gals :kisswink:

And here is my date Posted Image Hmmmm, Sue's whip cream could come in handy.

Sue/Irish, the picture of you, Mr Irish and B2, is adorable. He's such a cute baby. I'm glad to hear you got to spend quality time with him.

Suzie/TXGrandma, please do post your wedding pictures. I'd bet you look quite a babe in gold minidress.

As to weather in SoCal, I really hope we don't go through another firestorm like in '03. I remebered leaving work at around 2pm on a saturday, and it felt like 7pm. The sky was dark with reddish tint and my dark green car was all silvery because of the ash. It was a scary sight.