Gerard Butler GALS

'Love Letters from the Lair'

Okay, just click, "reply" immediately under the posting window, and it will quote my post. Then, select and copy the code for your icon, and paste it where you want it show up on your post!

You can save the code to use over and over again by clicking on your control panel and pasting it in "your personal notepad" It will stay there for you to copy, anytime you want.

I'll go ahead and add it to the rest of our lair names! Glad I could help!

Swannie

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, just click, "reply" (where it says, edit-quote-reply) immediately under the posting window, and it will quote my post. Then, select and copy the code for your icon, and paste it where you want it show up on your post!

You can save the code to use over and over again by clicking on your control panel and pasting it in "your personal notepad" It will stay there for you to copy, anytime you want.

I'll go ahead and add it to the rest of our lair names! Glad I could help!

Swannie

Okay, I added you to The Ladies of The Lair.... check out the second post of this thread!

and now...I must go to bed.

Swannie

Swansong GAL: Lady of the Lair,

'Guardian of the Master's Dreams'

And Willing OCPA Sufferer

Posted Image

Edited by Swansong

Thank you again Swannie, I just looked at the 2nd post and it looks wonderful, a very magical place, I love this thread.

I must go to bed soon also, I just noticed the time. LOL

Rose

Le Petite Rose, "Erik's Prima Ballerina, and Dancer of Dreams"

Posted Image

Edited by RoseGirl

I thought I would share this with you all... some wonderful observations from my friend, Martha on another board:

~ ... I so agree, leaving the mask behind is a tremendous clue of how the Phantom's life was changed. It actually took me at least three viewings before I realized the significance of going out into the world with out it ...

~ It took a tremendous amount of courage to literally face the world without his 'identity' ... Which meant that he was accepting a deeper one, the one that Christine saw as she sang of it on the Rooftop ... " ... But his Voice filled my Spirit with a strange, sweet sound In that night there was Music in my mind. And through Music my Soul began to soar! And I heard as I'd never heard before... With these words she cancelled everything she felt only moments before.

~ The Rose/Ring appearing at the end, seemed to seal the fact that he was always there at some point ~ but the odd thing is that in her portrait on the gravestone she wears a black ribbon around her neck. The only other time she wears any adornment, is the ring during the Masquerade Ball ...

~ Supposedly during Victorian times, a black ribbon tied around a rose meant 'master' . The giver of the rose tied with a black ribbon was showing the other that they were their master ... The rose always represented Christine by the way the Phantom held it during the Rooftop scene & then at the end. At the last, it was both Christine & the Rose that wore a black ribbon, the latter with the Ring. ... I can't help but feel that the subtlety of the symbolism that Austin Shaw spoke of went a lot deeper than ever imagined ... The whole scene just leaves so much open to inference ... In the end, who was who's angel ... :cry3:

Cheers! Greensleeves :ph34r:

To me the mirror is a portal from one life into another. Christine was led through the mirror into Erik's world; a birth from childhood into the world of adulthood and sexuality. At the end of the film, Erik walks through the mirror (a symbol of re-birth IMO) into his new life. He leaves the mask behind, and I truly believe at this point in the ALW movie, The Phantom begins to reform, when he sees that all of his scheming and bloodshed have led to nothing but destruction.

I agree that after he left the opera house, he may have "watched" Christine from a distance from time to time, but I don't believe he ever murdered again, or interfered in her life with Raoul. I would like to think that he somehow found a life for himself in the world as a decent human being, and I do believe there is every indication by the film's ending, that he never stopped loving Christine.

Swannie

Posted Image

I think this pic would be so awesome if it showed Erik WITHOUT HIS MASK! That would be...incredible

OMG,Pilar...I agree with you...that pic would be incredibly awesome if it showed Erik without his mask. Seeing this pic has really made my day...lol...well,it has actually made me feel better about my week...((I had the worst week ever!))

I could unmask him for you but this is not one of my manips and I woudn't want to intrude! I did notice you all admiring his eyes and funny enough I just made a sig the other day cause I was thinking about those gorgeous eyes and felt a little creative! Hope you like it....although I enhanced his eyes to an extreme it's just because as the siggy say's it's my dream!

Ladyfran of the Lair 'Mistress of the Masters Cherished Violin'

Posted Image

Here's a quickie...Thumbnail. If I stepped on anyones toes I'll delete it! It was kinda tough finding a pic with the right coloring so did what I could! Just for your viewing! The original manip is awesome anyway!

Posted Image

OMG FRAN!! SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL!!

EMILY...Sorry about your bad week, babe!

Thanks,pilar. *hugs* I feel so much better now that my week is over...I had to deal with someone who was calling Erik emo or emotional and always sad...I was so mad...but now I am back her in the Lair...I am so happy!

Hello, everyone. Some of you may know that I have been unable to work for over a month due to a brachial plexus injury I received in a mammogram. Anyway, I have had to see a neurologist and will also need physical therapy. Yesterday in my neurologist's office, I had to endure some uncomfortable tests to determine exactly which nerves have been affected and the severity of the damage. At one point, my neck was very tense, probably because there was a needle stuck in it! Anyway, the doctor said I had to relax that muscle, so I visualized Erik singing the Music of the Night, and heard his beautiful voice in my mind, and I was able to immediately relax. The doctor said, "Great! Whatever you did worked, keep it up!" Thank you, Erik! :rose:

Posted Image

Lady Elissa Nightingale of the Lair

Posted Image

Guest Pilar

Not to sound preachy here, but I always believed Gerry was a healer. A comforting word, touch or look from him can be vey powerful, as many will tell you.

Not to sound preachy here, but I always believed Gerry was a healer. A comforting word, touch or look from him can be vey powerful, as many will tell you.

I agree with you Pilar! :hearts:

Lady Elissa, Nightingale of the Lair

Posted Image

YUP! ME TOO! Seems like that's all I have to say lately! :confused::cunning:

Posted Image

Ladies, I just visited Debra's profile, and she has wiped all her info, signature and avatar. I guess this means she won't be around for awhile.

We'll miss you, Debrasue.

Swansong GAL: Lady of the Lair,

'Guardian of the Master's Dreams'

And Willing OCPA Sufferer

Posted Image

Swannie

That was such a perfect song for POTO I think. I really love Clay Aikens voice anyway! Funny...I never heard that song before! :confused: Yeah Swan....it does kinda make you teary eyed!

Posted Image

Ladies, I just visited Debra's profile, and she has wiped all her info, signature and avatar. I guess this means she won't be around for awhile.

We'll miss you, Debrasue.

Swannie

Check back in when you can, Debrasue so that we know you are okay.

:hugs: to you and to all the lovely Lair ladies. I'm hoping to be able to be on the site a bit more with the kids going back to school next week. It's been an odd summer of trying to be in two places at once. But I'm happy to be able to peek in here as often as I can. Our main home computer decided to crash last week as hubby and I were trying to leave to drive up to Oregon. *sigh* I'm grateful we have a laptop but absolutely all of my Gerry stuff is on the other one. I'm trying to not panic. :lol: I'll wear out the mouse if I have to Right Click Save all the pics and vids.

:kiss: :kiss: to all,

Jillian, Mistress of the Night

Posted Image

I just joined and I would like to say hi to everyone. I am from Brazil and just recently found out about This wonderful site. If I am on the wrong place, please forgive me. I could not find a nother place to say hi!

I am a huge Phantom fan. And I dream of seeing Gerry to play the Phantom again in a movie adaptation of Susan Kay's book Phantom, the best book about Erik. I recently reread the book always imagining Gerry as Erik.

Edited by oceania

Welcome to you oceania! If you love Gerry and POTO, then you are most certainly in the right place! We are very happy to have you join us. I also loved Susan Kay's book and have read it many times. Gerry brought so much beauty and pathos to our Phantom, that he still haunts many of us to this day. I encourage you to read the first 2 posts of this topic. There is much Phantom beauty there, and I think you will enjoy it!

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

I just joined and I would like to say hi to everyone. I am from Brazil and just recently found out about This wonderful site. If I am on the wrong place, please forgive me. I could not find a nother place to say hi!

I am a huge Phantom fan. And I dream of seeing Gerry to play the Phantom again in a movie adaptation of Susan Kay's book Phantom, the best book about Erik. I recently reread the book always imagining Gerry as Erik.

Buon dia, Oceania!

Welcome to the Lair..what part of Brazil are you from? I have visited your beautiful country, and would love to return someday to see even more of it..

You are definitely in the right place if you love Gerry's portrayal of Eric..ever since I saw him in the movie version of Webber's POTO, there could be no other Phantom to take his place in my heart..and I think I can safely say that everyone else here in the Lair feels pretty much the same, so enjoy!

Alison/Phanphorlife (aka "Phannie")