Gerard Butler GALS

'Love Letters from the Lair'

Well thank you again Swannie I am glad you like it.

I miss Deb also and hope we hear from her soon.

Swannie those graphics are so beautiful. I love the second to the last one so much but they all are amazing.

Erica

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Lair sisters! I was wondering what happened to everyone! Even though I've been so busy with relocating and property closings and such I still have to get on Gals at least once a day.... and I have missed the Lair... I hope Debrasue is okay.... Has anyone PM'd her? I was thinking about it and then I thought maybe life started taking over for her for a while ...like it has for me! Anyway, Debrasue... Where are you Sweetie??? This place isn't the same without you... Swannie, love the new graphics. You beat me to it with a couple of them. They are beautiful !!! Erica.....you totally deserved to win with your awesome vid. You just keep getting better and better Hon! :claphands: I'm waiting for my son to work late this week because I'm going to watch POTO on the 56 inch screen with my daughter-in-law! :cunning: She watched it for the first time when it was on the Hallmark channel and she loved it. So now she can really enjoy it with out commercials.......... She came downstairs last night when I was watching Dear Frankie and said oh is that the Phantom (she knows I'm usually watching a Gerry movie) and she wants to watch that one too! Do you think we have a new "Fan" ? :kisswink: Oh my son will love that!! :tantrum:

Ladyfran of the Lair 'Mistress of the Masters Cherished Violin'

Posted Image

Edited by ladyfran

Mina, I see why you like that song. It's beautiful!I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't understand the words though.But the music and the singing is beautiful.My mom and I both like some opera even though we don't understand the words.I know it probably doesn't make any sense to you but it's the music itself.In fact we've looked all over trying to get a Cd by Julian Jensen.He sang Caruso in One More Kiss.We can't find his work here in the states.

Swannie, you're right, that video is a tearjerker :tissues: It reaches down to your soul and makes you want to reach out to Erik and hold on to him forever.

Mistress of His Roses

Posted Image Peggy

Erica,Sorry Hon, I wasn't ignoring your video.I loved it.I wrote this all out once and went over to my photobucket and lost the whole thing and had to write it all over again.And of course right in the middle of it all I had to sign off for a few minutes.So anyway Congratulations on winning the contest.You really do deserve it. Yor video's are all amazing . :claphands::claphands::claphands:

:hugs: Peggy

Mistress of His Roses

Posted Image

Good evening to all my fellow Lair Gals. I hope your night is going well. I have not been here in ages. I have been very busy in the past few days...but tonight I have summed up a lot of muse or inspiration to write another poem for you all to read. I hope you enjoy this poem like my other ones.(Even though in my opinion,it's not very good...)

I was told be as quiet as I could.

Why was on that staircase?

With a grave but yet calm look on my face.

I was told to stand there.

Everyone was not aware that the Phantom was somewhere.

Only I knew his hidden location.

I looked towards a red curtain.

He was to be there,that's for sure.

Over the weeks before this,I became mature.

I had a recent change in my heart.

Without him I was miles apart.

He had changed me so much inside my soul.

But his appearance tonight was his main goal.

That night my dress was in the color of passion,red.

Over the days,my mind fled.

He had a power of my mind,my soul and my heart.

The only question that I wondered was my heart a dart to him?

To throw and be away with forever.

He considered me like a lover...

But as he approuched me in his white mask and red outfit,I looked away in sorrow.

His first words to me always appear in a echo.

I have PMed Debra, but have heard nothing back... so maybe a few more of you should try.

Nice to see some new posts here!

I've already started work on my next chapter of Chanson! It feels good to be enraptured with my Erik again.

Swannie

Swansong GAL: Lady of the Lair,

'Guardian of the Master's Dreams'

And Willing OCPA Sufferer

Posted Image

Mina, I see why you like that song. It's beautiful!I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't understand the words though.But the music and the singing is beautiful.My mom and I both like some opera even though we don't understand the words.I know it probably doesn't make any sense to you but it's the music itself.In fact we've looked all over trying to get a Cd by Julian Jensen.He sang Caruso in One More Kiss.We can't find his work here in the states.

Peggy, thank you. The aria is in French, here's a transcription of its lyrics and a translation into English, too:

Lyrics:

Puisqu'on ne peut fléchir ces jalouses gardiennes,

Ah! laissez-­moi conter mes peines et mon émoi

Vainement, ma bien­aimée! On croit me désespérer;

Près de ta porte fermée je veux encore demeurer

Les soleils pourront s'éteindre, les nuits remplacer les jours

Sans t'accuser et sans me plaindre, là, je resterai toujours

Je le sais, ton âme est douce, et l'heure bientôt viendra

Où la main qui me repousse vers la mienne se tendra

Ne sois pas trop tardive à te laisser attendrir

Si Rozenn bientôt n'arrive, je vais, hélas! mourir

Translation:

Since these women, jealous guardians, cannot be swayed,

Let me tell you of my grief and trouble

In vain, my love! They believe they can dishearten me,

But by your closed door I still wish to stay

The suns could go out, the nights replace the days

Neither accusing you nor pitying myself, here is where I will always stay

I know that your soul is sweet, and the hour will soon come

When the hand that pushes me away will reach out for mine

Do not wait too long before you let yourself be touched

If Rozenn does not come soon, alas! I shall die.

I have PMed Debra, but have heard nothing back... so maybe a few more of you should try.

I emailed her a few days ago, but got no reply yet... I'm really worried, now.

edited to add: I just sent her another email telling her we're all worried in here and to please get in touch soon... hope she's ok.

Edited by madamina

Hello Lair Sister its been a while since I posted here. I have some good news to share with the lair. I have won a video contest for the GBAngels site. I credit this thread and everyone on it because if it hadn't have been for this thread I wouldn't have started making videos.

Congratulations, Erica!!! You rock!!! :claphands: :claphands: :claphands: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Congratulations on your winning vid, Erica. I really like it, and I am not easily

pleased with that type of song. I am going to download it for my vid collection.

I am so glad to see some of you back here again. I do so hope that our Lair

will stay active and not silent and dark. There is so much to do in the good ol'

summertime, but I just hope everyone drops by when they can.

I am also worried about Debra. I miss her and hope she is okay.

Swannie, I can't wait for your next chapter, and I am glad you are on a "roll"

in regards to your writing. The last chapter really has me wanting more.

Frannie, I hope you are adjusting to the climate. It must be quite a change.

It also,must be nice to be near your daughter and family. BTY, I may never

have to ask you for another siggy--this one says it all for me. I may never

change it!

It is always good to hear from you, Mina. It is like connecting to another "world"

for me. I always enjoy your musical and artistic offerings.

Hugs to all,

Judith of the Lair, Keeper of the Innocents

and Guardian of the Royal Pug

Posted Image

Mina, thanks for translating that song.I put the video in my favorites.

I sure hope Debrasue is ok.

Mistress of His Roses

Posted Image Peggy

I realize that some may not understand why I choose the above song. I know that it is a prayer but I grew with it being sung at every wedding and funeral I attended not to mention every midnight mass at Christmas.

I think the music is beautiful and the prayer it self is very pretty. I think it fits with POTO because in way we all wish that Erik and Christine got together. I also add a lot of angels because I think both Christine and Erik where looking and praying for there guardian angels to help them. As we all know Christine was. I think why I put this song with my video was to represent to lost souls looking for their saving grace. Both looking to each other for it one in deception and the other looking for someone who understood him.

Alright I just had to explain why I choose this I didn't want to offend anyone. Like I said this song is close to my heart and some my not think it proper to put a prayer to a fan video.

Erica

Erica, it is simply beautiful. I love all the angel images, in fact, I love when vid makers use images of art and nature... something outside the usual screencaps to fit with the video's theme. I love Ave Maria also. I adore it sung by Michael Crawford at Christmas.

Thanks for sharing!

Swannie

Thank you Swannie, it just didn't seem right without the angel images and like you, I also like it when there is bit of variety in a video that adds a bit of an artistic edge to it. I try to make each video in a different way.

I love Pavarotti's version it has always been my favorite but I decided to shake things up and go with Andrea Bocceli's....LOL

I have never hear Michael Crawford's before I might have to go see if I can find it on youtube

Erica,

I found your vid late last night, and it was so touching that I shed tears. (Good

tears.) I also like some variety and they are the things that make each vidder's

work unique. I have liked (more like loved) all of the vids you have shared

with us here. Kinda like having our own private vidder!!

Since we went to Vegas, Lisa has been playing around with the idea of making

some vids. I would like to learn, but she will do it and then show me how. We

still haven't ordered a DVD ripper. Any suggestions? For myself, I am going

to start with a slideshow put to one of my favorite songs. I probably can

handle that!! I need to do SOMETHING with the 2500 photos of Gerry I have

saved to my hard drive!! One of these days I will clean house--or not!!!

I just like knowing they are there.

Anyway, thanks for sharing the AVE MARIA vid--I like the Christmas version

by Barbra Striesand-- kinda strange sung by a Jewish lady. Of course, I

like all the male artist versions you mentioned. I have always thought of

that as just a "beautiful piece of art" and it seemed perfectly natural as a

background for Christine and Erik.

Hugs,

Posted Image

Good Evening Ladies,

I hope this finds you well. I miss checking in here *sniff* to see what all of you creative women have been up to.

Did anyone ever hear from Debrasue? I hope something didn't happen to her. I would sure just love to know that she is okay.

Anyway, :hugs: to all,

Jill

Jillian, Mistress of the Night

Posted Image

I still have not heard a word from Debra. :confused:

Tonight I watched a Sci-fi fantasy film called AI (Artificial Intelligence) The film had been out for a while, but I had never seen it, and since I haven't been feeling well today, I've been lying in bed watching movies, and this one just happened to come on.

Part way through the film, I had tears just streaming down my face and I was actually sobbing, because this one segment of the movie reminded me so much of my own version of POTO.

Briefly, the story is about a little robot boy (David) who appear to be human in every way, and he has even been infused with human intelligence and emotions. He is brought to live with a family whose own little boy is in a coma (he lives in an institution), and gradually, his "mother" begins to care for him.

But... in this story, AI's are considered a type of pet... no matter how intelligent they are, they are treated like *things* rather than people, and when the family's own son miraculously awakens from his coma and goes back home, the father does not like the affection the mother has for the robot boy, and then, the real son (Martin), starts deliberately getting the robot boy to misbehave out of his own jealousy.

The scene that just tore me up, is when the mother tells the robot boy that she is taking him out for a special day in the country. She is obviously distraught, (which is different from my Erik's mother) but she drives him way out to the country and basically deserts him to survive on his own. Well because this child has all the feelings of a real little boy, he absolutely cries to despair.... and eventually, this boy is trapped and sold to a carnival where humans use rejected AI's for hideous sport, and the robot boy is put in a cage like a freak in a freak show.

Now from there the story goes on this wild ride, with the tale of Pinnochio woven throughout , as the robot boy seeks to become real.

But the bit with the mother deserting him, and ending up in a carnival in a cage, mirrors part of my Chanson de L'ange... where I deal with huge chunks of Erik's tragic childhood.

And in the end...isn't that what the Phantom myth is all about? About everyone's journey to find the one thing that will make them *real*

and that is.... to be loved by someone.

That's all the robot boy wanted.... that's all the Phantom wanted.

To Be Real.

Swannie

Ladies of The Lair... where have you all gone? Poor Erik is all alone again.... no Debrasue, no Mina....

May I ask... has anyone said or done anything to upset anyone who used to frequent this thread? If so, please PM me and let me know.

I am committed to work on my book. I am feeling so left out, as others are publishing their POTO related works, while I am still writing mine...so I feel that I must spend most of my time working on Chanson.

But look... I found some lovely POTO inspired artwork to share with you!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oooohhhh, that artwork is beautiful Swannie.

I think the one that strikes me the most is the mask on the piano keys. I love all that brings to mind. Maybe when he is composing, that is the one place where he doesn't have to hide himself. He can truly be the man he is inside and doesn't need to escape behind the mask.

I continue to ponder the profound way this movie has changed my life. It's made me think of things I'd never thought of before. We all wear masks of some sort each and every day. Very few times and with very few people, do we ever really reveal the real "us" inside. I think we show glimpses of the real us and then retreat behind the mask we have created.

Maybe that's why Gerry's performance touches so many of us the way it does. I think we saw a few glimpses of the real Gerry and then he retreated into the character. There is something so deep about that performance. I think it is something that will truly be with me for the rest of my life.

Thank you, Oh Lovely Ladies of the Lair for giving me a place I can share some of what I feel about this amazing man and this incredible performance.

:hugs: to you all,

Jilly

Posted Image

"Please, Lord, do not let this beautiful and wonderous place we call our 'Lair'

go dark!!" I know that the summer is a busy time for all, but WHERE have

all of our wonderful Lair Sisters gone? I do offer my prayer that all who have

come here are well, and that they will not forget how important a part they

play in the existance of this community of spirit and soul.

(Okay, Swannie, you need to rewrite that rather pathetic "offering," because a

writer, I am not!)

I REALLY am concerned about Debrasue, and can only hope we hear from her

soon. There has been such an abundance of love and friendship here in the

Lair, I cannot think of any negativity that could be the reason for the continued

periods of "darkness" we seem to be having at present.

Swannie, if I can think of one thing that has changed recently, it is as I scan

down the forum homepage, the "Love Letters from the Lair" is seldom front and

center because another thread has the more current post. Of course, this is

because there are so few visiting this thread so to keep it "out there." I don't

think any of us want to give up on this. It is just too special to let it go, easily!!

Lastly, those last photos are amazing!! I am just going to have to find something

to contribute.

Hugs,

Posted Image

Guest pilaraquarius

Posted Image*click*

LAIR GALS...

This was a present to me from our lovely Janie! I knew you ladies would love this beauty, too! It is just...breathtaking!

Enjoy!

:wave:

quote name='Debrasue' date='Jun 30 2007, 07:29 PM' post='1048542']

Actually Swann...he doesn't even deserve the term 'putz'..but it's the stoopidest one I could come up with....btw...my last 'fiance' was always in the 'gutter'..he had to make a 'gutter' remark every other word I said....It got old after awhile....please!!! God!...if a guy wants to be funny...he's gotta come up with some new material once in a while!!! LOL!

Now this is what I would rather dwell on....wonderful scenery...

Posted Image

Wow ...I held my breath through that letter - good job.

I love this pic... rrrr look at the shirt!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/mcg...heoperapubs.jpg

Don't let the frogs get you down -- it's all a learning experience - consider them "practice"! :doh:

Diane

Edited by discoveringme
Photo turned into link due to size guidelines. See instructions in next post.

Diane your picture of Erik is absolutely breathtaking. But it needs to be a bit a smaller.

Here's a link to our picture guidelines

Posted Image

If you have any questions, please let me know. :kisswink:

It can also be turned into a link if you'd like but if you use a thumbnail, then we can still see his gorgeous face.

:thankyou:

Posted Image