Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  

Zack Snyder at Comic-Con, Friday, July 27th

Hi Everyone!

Zack Snyder, Frank Miller, Lena Headey & David Wenham will be appearing at Comic-Con on Friday, July 27.

Zack will be on a panel from 10am-12:30pm to discuss Watchmen, and then will appear later in the day, 3:15pm-4:45pm, with the others to discuss 300.

Here's the link to that day's events:

Comic-Con, Friday, July 27th

I AM SO THERE!! :claphands:

--Danielle/#99 :D

Yet another reason why I'm kicking myself for not making my hotel reservations earlier.

But it's all good, a ton of my friends are going..and they owe me. ;)

oooo I can't wait! One of the reasons I love living in San Diego!! Woot Woot!!

Looks like Lena's taking Gerry's "place" this year...otherwise, it's the same group!

~Mel

Guest greyeyegoddess

I was planning on going for one day-Thursday. It looks like I'm planning on going all weekend this time.

Look at what the convention did this year, because of last year's con:

If you've been to Comic-Con the past few years, we don't have to tell you: It's a BIG show with lots of people. And the reality of the situation is quite simple: We're looking at limiting attendance this year.

Last year, Comic-Con sold out on Saturday. By "sold out," we mean we reached our maximum attendance capacity for that day. There's a strong probability we'll sell out on Saturday this year, also. That may result in no onsite registration for Saturday. If the crowds thin out later in the day, we may open registration for those of you who just have to come on Saturday, or want to see the Masquerade but just can't face the crowd in the Exhibit Hall. And while we didn't sell out on any of the other days last year, there's always the possibility it may happen this year. Because of this, we strongly urge you to register online as soon as possible.

New 3-Day Membership

To help keep the crowds down on Saturday, we're introducing a special 3-Day Membership that includes entry into Comic-Con on Thursday, Friday and Sunday, plus Preview Night on Wednesday evening. That's right: NO SATURDAY. This special 3-Day Membership is available only online. It will not be offered through the mail or onsite. If you already go to the San Diego Zoo or Sea World on Saturday to avoid the crowd at Comic-Con, this is the membership for you. (For those of you who have already purchased a 4-Day Membership and would like to avoid the crowds on Saturday, we will gladly refund the difference and change you to a 3- day.)

Comic-Con's primary concern is your experience at our event. When there are too many people, no one has a fun time. We're working on the crowding issues, with your safety first and foremost on our mind. As always, you can find the latest information on attendance and registration on this website.

oooo I can't wait! One of the reasons I love living in San Diego!! Woot Woot!!

With such fond memories of last year, I'm feeling extraordinarily sad about not getting to do this with you again, this year...

Posted Image

Guest greyeyegoddess

I was looking this up again...

3:15-4:45 Warner Bros. Home Video: 300 and Blade Runner Final Cut—First up, 300 creator Frank Miller, director Zack Snyder, stars including Lena Headey and David Wenham, producers Mark Canton and Gianni Nunnari, and other special guests are on hand to discuss the groundbreaking film and its highly anticipated July 31 DVD release. Be the first to see a clip not included in the theatrical release!

Ok, now interest is really peaked. I'd love to see Rodrigo, Tom or Michael there. I'm secretly wishing that Gerry stays in England for those who are going to Scotland. :cunning:

~alice

:music:

3:15-4:45 Warner Bros. Home Video: 300 and Blade Runner Final Cut—First up, 300 creator Frank Miller, director Zack Snyder, stars including Lena Headey and David Wenham, producers Mark Canton and Gianni Nunnari, and other special guests are on hand to discuss the groundbreaking film and its highly anticipated July 31 DVD release. Be the first to see a clip not included in the theatrical release!

Ok, now interest is really peaked. I'd love to see Rodrigo, Tom or Michael there. I'm secretly wishing that Gerry stays in England for those who are going to Scotland. :cunning:

~alice

Hi Alice!

I noticed the special guests mention, too, but I was so excited about Zack being there, that I didn't even think to consider that the special guests might include FASSY!, Vincent, Rodrigo or Tom. I guess in the back of my mind I thought that Michael was still off filming Town Creek in Romania, though you would know that better than I would since I haven't been at MFO much in the past couple months. (Shame on me!)

I'm not going to be there on Thursday, but I will be there Friday, and probably most of Saturday. On Friday, I'm going to set up residence in Hall H. The only thing that might change that is if there's an autograph signing with Zack or Fassy (if Fassy's there). And you KNOW that if there is an autograph signing, the way things will be scheduled, we'll have to choose one or the other. Grr. But I'm not going to worry about that at the moment. On Saturday, there's nothing much of interest to me that's listed yet, so I figure I'll brave the crowds in the exhibit hall.

I'm excited about the whole thing! :yippee:

Oh my goodness!! I can't believe David Wenham is coming back!!

The "300" panel/thing would be fun (again), but I don't think I'm up to going on my own...it's very confusing...

Isn't the Beautiful Mr Butler suppossed to be in Australia at end of July for filming "Nim's Island" :confused:

And ALICE, don't forget...Tom :cunning: is mine!! :rotflmao:

Oh,my goodness!!! There is going to be another 300 panel for the dvd release at Comic-Con?! I am so going! I had already planned to go on that day but I am going to attend that! This sounds fun! I am already getting excited about this... Edited by Emily

Guest greyeyegoddess

Oh my goodness!! I can't believe David Wenham is coming back!!

The "300" panel/thing would be fun (again), but I don't think I'm up to going on my own...it's very confusing...

Isn't the Beautiful Mr Butler suppossed to be in Australia at end of July for filming "Nim's Island" :confused:

And ALICE, don't forget...Tom :cunning: is mine!! :rotflmao:

Ok, not jinxing anything, but....Gerry could be on his way to Australia and hit L.A. before he goes. But again, I hope he stays in the UK for that weekend.

And NANCY, you and how many girls want Tom???? LOL! Nancy, you wouldn't be alone if you came.

Danielle, I'll be looking for you! I don't know WHAT Michael is up to right now. Don't know when Hunger starts filming yet. It would be soooo cool to see him. AH! I'm tingling with excitement! But I could see Rodrigo or Tom being there more likely than Michael. Only because they are around the area. The more the merrier!!!

Heck I would love to see David again. I already got Zack's autograph in San Francisco. I guess I'll have to bring my 300 art book that was signed by Zack, just in case anyone else decides to autograph.

~alice

Alice, what are you saying about Rodrigo and Tom "being in the area"... :confused:

Have they bought condos in San Diego??? :kisswink:

Alice, what are you saying about Rodrigo and Tom "being in the area"... :confused:

Have they bought condos in San Diego??? :kisswink:

I plan on going on Friday, July 27 for the 300 panel. I have never been to Comic.Con before and am very excited about it. Does anyone who plans on going want to meet there or drive down together?

beejay

~alice

Darn it Alice, When I signed up for Scotland I did not even look at the dates and realize it would run

into the Comic Con schedule .......

I would have loved going with you again!!!!!! ahhhhh :tantrum:

I hope the other spartans show up :claphands:

Guest greyeyegoddess

That's ok, Bea...You take notes in Scotland for me, ok? :kisswink: I'll take notes in San Diego and well exchange notes later, K?

Nancy...ok, I've heard that Tom's agent is Gerry's agent, so by personal deduction, someone's out there looking for a return on his investment in Tom's work. Whether he's in Hollywood or not, that's another thing. Rodrigo has been known to be in Hollywood when he wasn't working on Lost. Is he still on the show? I don't watch it. If neither guys are working at the moment, then they are probably in talks in Hollywood, which could mean that they have a better chance of being in San Diego. I thought I had posted something about Rodrigo a few months ago. I could be wrong and I don't have first hand info on any of this. Plus they could be signed up for anything anytime. It would be nice to see some of the other guys, though.

I know Michael has been really busy. He just finished a movie last month with Joel Schumacher, Dominic Purcell and Henry Cavill, has been doing press circuits for a movie he finished right after 300 and has another movie that he's going to start any day. So more than likely, he'll be out. But hey, surprise me! As far as I saw, he didn't or couldn't make it to the 300 premiere in Hollywood.

I know nothing of Vincent.

~alice

Gals,

For those of you attending Comic-Con, be aware Clive Owen will also be participating as he is promoting his new movie, Shoot them up or Shoot it up (whatever, something about shooting..you get the message! :confused: ). Thought I will let you know as there are some Owen fans in this board. Thus plenty of eye candy at the convention. Enjoy!!!

Kaysha

Does anyone know if GALS media will cover the 300 at the Comic Con

even if Gerry is not there? This movie has come to mean SO much to

many of us, I would love to see video of the panel discussion.

Judy

Guest greyeyegoddess

I'm sure there will be lots of us with cameras, so we should be ok.

I have to get a new video camera. My last one died. GAH! And I want a new digi camera. I just bought one for my birthday last year. It's not doing what I want.

Wherever I go, camera comes with. It's even with me right now at work.

~alice

I'm there!! :) Are we allowed to bring cameras there?? I hope so!!!

... also, does it cost money to get autographs?

I'm there!! :) Are we allowed to bring cameras there?? I hope so!!!

... also, does it cost money to get autographs?

Yes, you can bring your camera. However, you CANNOT use it to take photos or video of any movie or TV clip that is played on screen, and you will be warned often about this. There are volunteers who will go up and down aisles, looking for people who are taking photos, and they are authorized to take your camera and destroy its contents. Comic-Con has received increasing support from the film and television industries over the past few years, with its audiences often being the first to see film or television footage, and they don't want to jeopardize that by having attendees get bootlegs.

Autographs may or may not be free, depending on who's signing. If an autograph session is sponsored by a studio, such as Gerry's, Zack's and David Wenham's was last year, the autographs are free. But, you will likely need to have received a ticket during a panel (or, as in Wondercon this year, received a bracelet at a particular booth) to be able to get an autograph. Some people do charge for autographs. Last year, Carrie Fisher and other Star Wars actors, Richard Hatch (Battlestar Galactica), and several others charged.

Comic-Con is a blast, but, as I've described it to many, it's part endurance test, part military maneuver. :D

I find it interesting that some "charge" for their autographs. I can't believe it is for

personal income, so where does the money go? Just curious.

J.

Guest greyeyegoddess

Well you have to realize that there are actors who do sell their autographs, but usually, these aren't the big stars, so yes, it is income. The big celebs only sign for a determined amount of time, usually with tickets only, given out randomly or through a drawing.

These people who do sell their autographs are going against people who sell autographs online.

I don't think it happens too often in the comic conventions, but companies who only do fan conventions, ie: Creation, are in the market to sell autographed items, legally obtained by the celeb. So, in Creation's case, the celebs do sell their autographs. Sometimes its for a charity, but no one will sit at a table to sign all day, if someone else is making money off their autograph.

~alice

ALICE, I hate to tell you this but they killed Rodrigo off of LOST... :tantrum: And he was so adorable...

BeeJay...maybe we could go together...??? :confused: