Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

WELCOME to the 23rd floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 46 floors to go to reach 69 again!

Posted Image:happybirthday:

We are still celebrating our 2nd birthday for another couple of weeks, but it is time for a new floor so we will continue with the birthday celebration. So let's keep the party hats on and the Gerry Juice flowing.

And GALS is celebrating its birthday by giving you the opportunity to win some :gerrylicious: presents yourself!! Raffle #3 is beginning today and the beneficiary of this raffle will be announced very shortly.

here

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

Well hello everyone! I have been a very bad Swan and neglected the SC. Don't be mad at me though, cause I first got all caught up in The Lair threads, and then ever since I returned from Vegas, I've been working like a mad woman on Chanson.

I've been reading your posts, but not posting myself.

Anyhow, since we are celebrating our second year, I thought I'd take a wee trip down memory lane:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This man..... this site..... and you GALS have made my life happier, more fulfilling, more fun and richer in every way!

Love to you all!

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Posted Image

GOOD LORD Swannie!! Look at the way he's holding you!! :thudstars:

Oh my, another floor and I only got one post in the last one. Slack Cat!!!

Been away but back now. Still a PARTY!!! Cool.

Love the pics Swannie....that had to be the best time. My life has changes so much since then all because of you GALS...all of you and that sweet man whose hugging Swannie.

Ok, off to cook dinner. So neat that I got in an early post.

Love you all,

Cat

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAA Fran! :yippee:

I live right across the VA/NC border! It only takes me like an hour...plus stops...to get to Mt.Airy...Maybe we could meet there at their Big Ole Movie House and watch the next Gerry movie! We could hit Main Street and go to the Bluebird Cafe, I haven't been there in a while, but the last time I went the food was sooo good! :tasty:

Did I mention they have a drive-in theater in Mt.Airy? I don't get thrown out of there for talking back to the actors during the movie...well, not unless my friends or hubby lock me out of the car :tantrum: ...LOL

Better yet...shopping at the mall in Winston-Salem!!!! :pointy: I so know that place. My brother was down there all the time b/c of his asthma at Baptist Hospital so we had plenty of opportunity to blow money!

BoobSquishin'Hugs-N-Love

Billie

Edited by MsNomer

Swannie - How well I remember that night! We had that expensive steak still mooing on our plates (your description), when Dr. Em started to introduce the talent show winner. I wanted to get a good close-up of you accepting your award - don't know how I knew it was going to be you, but I did! Anyway, I was right up there close to witness those hugs and that gorgeous man. Oh what a night that was.....

Hi Cat, so good to see you, sweetie. Missed you at the convention, be there next year.. Please!

Billie, love your siggy!

Franny that is another masterpiece.

Hugs to all.... Libby

Swannie, now I've got to add to the memory lane...! :hearts:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still, over a year later, I can't put the experience into words. That whole weekend was just amazing in so many ways... I shudder to think of my life without all.....THIS! And to experience it with my big sister as well...makes it doubly special.

Thanks Gerry for roping me with your talent...and just being you. Thank you GALS for being who and what you are to me every single day of my life.

:hearts:

~Mel

Paging Queen Bethy, paging Queen Bethy - you should get your magical moment pictures up here too (if you want to)!! That was such a very special night and I'm just thrilled I could be there (with video camera).

Good morning my dear friends.

Yeah, what a night that was....Mel and her super glue! Swannie looking so cool, calm and collected standing next to Gerry (never have figured out how you did that Bonnie) and that moment when Gerry asked if the girl he had spoken to at Christmas was here! It was all so special! I'm so glad that I got to be there. I don't think I came down from cloud nine for about a year...wait that means I'm still on cloud nine!

:woo: looks like you're going to have the start of a Gerry fanmily in your new home Frannie!

Congratulations img<strong class=]Anna on winning the 2nd Raffle! If I couldn't win it :tantrum: No, seriously, I'm so glad it was one of us from the support center and you so deserve it for all you give to all of us!

hugs to all!

love,

Sue

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/irishtyme/gifs/8401560_l.gif' alt='8401560_l.gif'>

p.s. Jill, You're here...you made it!

Edited by irish

Another floor already. Wahoo!!! I can't keep up all the time. Must make the time if only for 10 mins. Thanks girls for the pat on the back so to speak re: that mean woman in the park. I'm okay now. My hubby made it up to me by buying me a new Mp3 player. I just had a regular player now I have the capabilities of downloading videos/movies also. Yes, I'm behind, but I only use it when I work out so I never saw the need for a screen, but now i guess I will use it more often. It's still sitting in the box until I find the time to read all the instructions re: the bells/whistles.

Must go eat my mozzarella sticks now before they get cold. All you gorgeous GALS have a great day. I will be back later.

Cassie

Guest pilaraquarius

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's nice to come up for fresh air once in a while. :rotflmao:

Just letting you all know I'm still alive.

Those Vegas "06 pics melt my heart. I'm coming to the next one! Come hell or high water!

Posted Image This one is my current fave. As I told Swannie already, when I saw this pic blown up in the gallery, I burst into tears. Check out the windows on this baby, ladies.....

:wave:

He is a man of great depth, and his eyes reveal only a hint of what is inside. Pilar, he does almost look as if he's about to cry in that pic.

Wonder what he was thinking of?

I love him.

Swannie

Me, too, Swannie. ( I don't usually post "me, too's" but I just HAD to say

it this time.) I feel like that commercial in the Italian plazza where the

wife gets the diamond ring, and shouts "I LOVE THIS MAN!!! Well,

I LOVE THIS MAN!!!

Judy

ME TOO!! In a lustful sort of way..... I mean I don't know if I can say I love a person that I really don't know or have never met ... he could be the biggest Ogre even though I doubt that!! But I absolutely respect him for his kindness towards his fans and love the fact that he seems so geniune when he's just Gerry! I love his passion for his work! I love that he shows his cute but goofy side and can laugh at himself.... I guess I love that he has come into my life (even though he doesn't know it) and helped me make some much needed changes for the better! For that I thank him! But to think of him like I love HIM I can't. But I don't have a bit of problem with my fantasy thoughts!! :cunning::kisswink:

:heat: Fran

I'm a dirrrrty, dirrrty girl. :gutter:

I admire his depth, his talent, and his sweet nature. I really do...

It's just everytime I watch Dracula 2000 I always pause it for the longest time during the love scene on the ceiling at the precise moment you can see his bum. It's the same way with Shooters...I watched it in slow mo just on the off chance I might see...well, you know. :mrkilty:

I am such a trollop...:blushing:

Welcome back Pilar and Swannie...you've been missed!

I can honestly say in my fantasies I LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE Him!!!! :cunning:

hugs,

Sue

Funny thing is, I don't really fantasize about Gerry in that way. I mean, I am VERY attracted to him, but somehow.... my feelings for him have changed from lust only... to love. The love of one human being for another... without being "in love" with that person. I still lust for him, but...I dunno, there is more underneath the lust.

Especially when I see those pics of him, where his true self shines through.

The man tugs my heart.

Swannie

You are such a darling sweet person Swansong. :kiss:

You know, I'm a lot like my Dad...insomuch that I flirt and carry on a big game, but if I were ever to meet him I would probably cry/laugh/and blush all the same time...if not faint dead away, and be totally tongue tied and embarrased just thinking about all the trollopy things I wrote.

There you have it GALS...I'm only a dirty girl in word only. I guess I just have issues with putting my real emotions out there. :mopboyerik:

:needhug:

Billie

ME TOO!! In a lustful sort of way..... I mean I don't know if I can say I love a person that I really don't know or have never met ... he could be the biggest Ogre even though I doubt that!! But I absolutely respect him for his kindness towards his fans and love the fact that he seems so geniune when he's just Gerry! I love his passion for his work! I love that he shows his cute but goofy side and can laugh at himself.... I guess I love that he has come into my life (even though he doesn't know it) and helped me make some much needed changes for the better! For that I thank him! But to think of him like I love HIM I can't. But I don't have a bit of problem with my fantasy thoughts!! :cunning::kisswink:

:heat: Fran

Can I hear an AMEN? You hit it right on the head for me Fran.

beejay

Hey Billie....I have to tell you Hon, we have all paused our DVD's at those "special" :cunning: scenes many many times!! You are not alone......... I don't know too many that can look at Gerry and not have certain fantasies... but hey, if you can :confused: all the better for you I guess! I don't know I kinda like my fantasy world sometime and if it should get out of hand don't worry I'll seek help!!! :kisswink:

Oh Gawd now that I've owned up to my trollopness I'll have to drop the Lady off of my user name! :funnyface:

:rotflmao::rotflmao: Fran

As some of us can tell you, Billie.... meeting Gerry face to face sort of throws all your preconceived notions about how you would behave with him, right out the window!

He really takes you by surprise. The thought has crossed my mind a time or two, that with all the naughty and gushy things I have posted about him on this board... when I actually met him...there were no words. Just feelings.

So Billie, I think a lot of us are in the same boat (or gondola) as you. We talk it up big here on GALS, but if we met him.... it would be a whole different story.

I do hope many of you get than chance one day, cause he is a force of nature... that Gerry.

Swannie

As some of us can tell you, Billie.... meeting Gerry face to face sort of throws all your preconceived notions about how you would behave with him, right out the window!

He really takes you by surprise. The thought has crossed my mind a time or two, that with all the naughty and gushy things I have posted about him on this board... when I actually met him...there were no words. Just feelings.

So Billie, I think a lot of us are in the same boat (or gondola) as you. We talk it up big here on GALS, but if we met him.... it would be a whole different story.

I do hope many of you get than chance one day, cause he is a force of nature... that Gerry.

Swannie

With everything you post you keep reinforcing my original impression of you as a thoughtful, darling, sweetheart...

Just one question.

Umm, does Gerry ever visit this site and read what is written about him? Cause if he does then I'm going to faint by computer proxy!

OMIGOSH Swannie....never a truer word spoken!! It's SO TRUE!

Especially when I saw the pictures afterwards...this one in particular completely threw me...

Posted Image

I was like, "THAT'S what my face looked like??" Talk about all pretenses gone.

Good night do I ever adore that man! Not just him, but the things being a fan of his has brought me. Too many blessings to count.

~Mel

Swannie

With everything you post you keep reinforcing my original impression of you as a thoughtful, darling, sweetheart...

Just one question.

Umm, does Gerry ever visit this site and read what is written about him? Cause if he does then I'm going to faint by computer proxy!

I know he keeps track of what is said on the boards in a general way, whether he does that through friends, or reads the boards himself is his secret.

I would like to think that once in a while, he does pop in and read some of what we say, but in either case, he has made reference in interviews and messages to his fans, that he knows what goes on.

He knows we love him.... he just doesn't know why.

Look in these eyes......

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/gallery/di...=577&pos=65

Swannie

I looked into those eyes and now I'm wondering....

Is it just me, or does he seem a bit, I dunno, uncomfortable? being the center of attention?

It seems to me that he's in the industry for the arts sake and not for the fame, and if that is true, then I think I admire not only his exterior but his interior as well.

Some of you blessed GALS have met him, am I totally off base?

Hugs-N-Love

Billie

P.S...Fran you'll come to realize that down here trollops fit right in...Ladies is just a word on a restroom door for us LOL