Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Beejay, sounds like you’ll be having some mixed emotions, huh? Enjoying your new-found freedom, but at times truly missing them? I'll be going through that myself soon, enjoying the peace and quiet, but sometimes it just gets a little too quiet...

Hi Erica..:wave:..long time, no "see"!

Hey Mel, can't wait to start reading your fan fic!!

Judy, a belated :happybirthday: ...sorry, I'm pretty pathetic at keeping up on who's b-day is when...but on the other hand, AI-YI-YIII LOVE YOUR SIGGIE!! :thudstars:

Nancy, you are such a doll! I wish I could be there in person to do this, but it sounds like you need a great big hug.. :hug99: ..so sorry you had such a crappy day..sounds like the kind of job that can be exciting at times..but other days they just couldn't pay you enough!

Hi Cat! :wave: We sure missed you in Vegas this year!

Dear Anna, OWW! :comfort: Sounds painful, but the tub soak sounds like a great idea..might even try that myself...

Everybody..hugs to all..gotta go put my feet up and take a rest...my house is actually QUIET today..almost a little unnerving, it's been so long since that actually happened..better go take advantage of it while I can!

Love to my GALS,

Alison

Edited by phanphorlife

EVERYBODY WATCH ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT!!! There is a clip from the "300" DVD and clips of Gerry's interviews on the Special Features! Gerry on E.T. - that's different!

Suzie

EVERYBODY WATCH ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT!!! There is a clip from the "300" DVD and clips of Gerry's interviews on the Special Features! Gerry on E.T. - that's different!

Suzie

Will do, Suzie...thanks for the heads-up!!

OOhhh Gerry on Extra and Entertainment all in the same night! is it Christmas or something?? And he doesn't even have to get arrested to get on there! :claphands: Go Gerry!

Anna, I just saw pictures of England on the news today...how horrifying! I'm so glad you are on a hill!

Alison, welcome back girl!

Judy, it doesn't look like I am going to be able to make it up there this time...but please don't forget to invite me to the next gathering ok? And remember, you and your daughter who loves to travel need to come down here to Redding! My door is always open.

Good luck Frannie, I can't wait to hear some bar room stories!

Nancy....gosh...there has got to be a better way to make a living! Your job would kill me!!

Hope you're feeling better today Susan! I thought last night that I caught your cold but I took an allergy pill and I'm fine today thank goodness. I want to see my grandbaby this week!

hugs to all!

love,

Sue

Evenin' everyone. :lolita:

Today is a state holiday and I spent most of it in bed with a whiplash migraine! :tantrum: I get those whenever I have an over-abundance of sugar or dairy and I most certainly indulged in both over the weekend! I just took two Lortab and I hope that they will help.

Nancy, girl, you gotta get yourself a better job! Your descriptions of limo driving make ME tired! I hope that you feel better very soon and are able to find yourself a job in a nice, air-conditioned place far away from the streets of LA. I drove them once and that was more than enough! :hugs: to you!

Judy: :happybirthday: So sorry I missed it! I'm sure you have a great year ahead of you!

Anna: ooo, makes me hurt just thinking about it! Feel better soon and take your time in that tub! Bad weather in England, huh? Are you sure it isn't the dementors?...

Susan: try taking Airborne, it helps shorten colds as well as preventing them, and it tastes better than sucking zinc.

Entertainment Tonight, check!

I am more than half done with HP7, but with my headache, I can't read anymore today. :tantrum: Maybe I'll ask Gerry to come and read it to me... :rotflmao: BTW, that Shattered trailer looked tense! Please come to SLC, please come to SLC...

Everyone have a wonderful day and rest-of-the-week!

Luv, Mousie

Edited by mousie

Running thru :wave::wave::flee: gotta go...busy busy busy!!! See you later!

{{{HUGS}}} Frannie on the fly........

Judy - a happy belated birthday to you, sorry to be late but glad to see you had a happy one.

Mousie - I hope the headache goes away soon.

I must get home to record both ET and Extra tonight. Alas, the cold has progressed and it is frustrating me. I'm still doing the zinc (I can't handle the lozenges, now they have it in spray form and I can do that much better). I will start on the Airborne tonight - I have some but figured it was too late once the cold started. I'm stopping at the pharmacy on the way home because I've seen a special kind of earplug that is supposed to help keep your ears from clogging on flights and I'm HOPING that will be helpful to me. I will also ask the pharmacist if there is anything else he can recommend to minimize the pain. I'm taking an expectorant rather than a decongestant because it is supposed to help loosen what is in my head and drain it. I'm also going to buy one of those surgical masks so that if I'm at a messy stage in the cold on the plane I can hopefully keep from passing it around to the other passengers (including my husband).

I was able to meet Nancy for lunch today which was a nice treat. We tried to get beejay to join us but she wasn't able to, but hopefully next time.

For those who missed the announcement by Stef - GALS now has 4,000 members!! And just in time for us to begin our 3rd year as a site. That is soooo exciting!!!

:cheer2: :goodjob2: :wow2::fans::partytime::bounce: :Yee-Haw: :omg::yo:

Also, there are only a little more than 6 hours left to get in on our final birthday raffle for the benefit of SYT. So if you haven't bought your tickets yet jump to it!! There are some great things in the final raffle package - and you can check out the goodies that were in the first 3 by checking the posts by kittypro post #73 (raffle #1 winner), Anna post #117 (raffle #2 winner) and Texas Gramma post #125 (raffle #3 winner). The information on how to PayPal for your chances at Raffle #4 are right HERE.

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hi Alison, Anna, Cat, Beejay, Erica, Peggy, Judy, Jill, Belladonkey, Karen, Elyssa, Sue, Mousie, Susan, Fran, Mel, Suzie, and Nancy, and anyone else who has posted since I last posted.

Nancy, did you hear that TOM is going to be at the movie showing in San Diego, this Friday? I wish for Michael to be there, but more than likely, he's busy with a movie this week or next. Ho-hum.

Getting excited for San Diego. I need a little break, but it's going to be a rush up and rush back again. Not as bad as before, but if I am lucky to get into the movie, I'm leaving afterwards, because it will be about 10 pm or later when the movie is done.

Can't wait to see some of the fans down there!

Time to get going so I can watch the entertainment news!

And YAY GALS!

~alice

:music:

Hi everybody,

Sorry I haven't been around for a bit. I actually typed an entire page yesterday and it vanished.....fook!!....just as I was about to post. WAAAA!!!

I'm getting really frustrated with health insurance in the US. I can barely afford to pay for mine. We have been buying it outright for years and now it's become so cost prohibitive it's a struggle every month.

I really can't believe that by now, 2007, the United States Government hasn't been able to find a way to guarentee health care for all of it's citizens. :confused: Something is very wrong with this picture.

Sorry for the rant. I get kinda stressed about it.

I hope everyone is doing ok.

Anna ~ I'm so glad that you are safe. I was worried when I saw pictures of the floods.

I'll say a prayers that your daughter and precious grandbabies stay safe as well.

Hope you are doing ok since the catheter removal...ouch. I'm sending hugs.

Susan~ I hope that you are feeling better soon and can enjoy your trip. Drink lots and lots. You may want to have some water too. haha

Elissa ~ I'm so sorry that this happened to you. It's unbelievable; an outrage and a clear case of negligence!!!

Brachial plexus from a Mamo.....unheard of!! And to think that the tech ignored your complaints of pain.

I'm so glad that you are seeing a neurologist and an attorney.

As a student nurse I witnessed a case of negligence that nearly had a disasterous outcome.

Please keep us posted. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Fran ~ Hi, how are you?

I was looking over the signs and I like the middle one! Good luck with everything.

Nancy ~ What an exhausting day sweetie. I hope you can take some time for yourself, you really deserve it.

Hi and Hugs to, Mel, Mousie, Sue, Alice, Suzie, Cat and Alison and all of you gorgeous GALS.

It's nearly 1:00 am...best be off to bed.

Night, XO

Marianne

Edited by celadon2

Grrrr..:tantrum: ..missed the first showing of Entertainment this evening 'cause my husband and son were watching a movie, and I wasn't about to announce, "Sorry, but Gerry's on Channel 3 so I gotta watch it" and I didn't have a chance to go upstairs and watch it in my bedroom 'cause dinner was ready...GOOD THING they'll show a repeat at 11:30 p.m....late, I know, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make, since DH will be asleep by then and..*drum roll, please*...I WILL HAVE FULL CONTROL OF THE REMOTE...muahahaaa!! :cunning: *rubs hands together gleefully* This is NOT something that happens often when we watch TV togther...as many of you out there can probably identify with. Is it just my imagination, or do men seem to equate losing control of the remote as akin to losing their manhood? :confused::rotflmao:

Susan, I truly hope you are feeling a little better..keep fighting it! That is SO exciting about GALS hitting 4,000 members…amazing!

Mousie and Mel…anyone? Okay, I’m gonna swallow my pride, show my ignorance and blurt it out. What IS HP7?? I can gather that it must be fan fic…gee, where have I been for so long that I missed out on this? Information please?

Alice, have a great and SAFE time in San Diego!

Marianne, I just HATE it when that happens..the vanishing post, I mean..I've done it a number of times myself, and I almost wish I could see the expression on my own face when it happens...utter disbelief that I could actually mess up like that..so frustrating! And don't get me started on the state (and COST) of health insurance these days..I could go on..and actually--ANY kind of insurance is pretty much the same any more--car, health, homeowners, etc. I mean, you pay in and pay in and pay in each month, but don't you DARE consider filing a claim...heaven forbid..or they'll raise your rates or just drop you like a hot potato..some are worse than others. See what I mean? I told you not to get me started! *steps down off of soap box*

Okay, now I've gotta go hit the hay for some beauty sleep...Nitey-nite and sweet Gerry dreams to all*, mentioned and unmentioned...you're all loved equally, you know!

Alison

*That just triggered a memory...short version: I went camping with my sister's family last weekend, and one night, in the middle of the night while I was asleep in my tent, for NO apparent reason, out of the clear, dark blue sky, I had this full-color Gerry dream..no, no, I said FULL-color, not OFF-color, ladies.. :D I wouldn't want to be unfaithful to my husband, even in my dreams, (yes, I AM VV-very vanilla..or maybe QV-quite vanilla?whatever!) so this was strictly PG-rated, but not wanting to bore you with the details, just suffice it to say, the G-Man can KISS...woohoo, can he KISS!! I know, I know..shocker--who would've suspected THAT, right?!! :confused:

And that's all I'm going to say about that!! *heavy sigh!*

Edited by phanphorlife

Alison - at least you got a great kiss in your dream. I had a Gerry dream a few nights ago and the only thing I remember us doing was walking down a street together and him telling me the latest news about what movie he was going to do. Well, I guess that's what I get for claiming my dream would just to be his friend.

I just saw Pam's favorite Chippie on Miami Ink - he is definitely a hottie!

Now I must get to bed and try to sleep. My cold is pretty icky right now and I just want it to go away. I bought special earplugs tonight that are supposed to help your ears during flight, plus all sorts of other cold stuff. I'm taking Airborne alternated with Zicam and other stuff. Hopefully the part of London we go into on Friday won't be underwater.

Alison - at least you got a great kiss in your dream. I had a Gerry dream a few nights ago and the only thing I remember us doing was walking down a street together and him telling me the latest news about what movie he was going to do. Well, I guess that's what I get for claiming my dream would just to be his friend.

I just saw Pam's favorite Chippie on Miami Ink - he is definitely a hottie!

Now I must get to bed and try to sleep. My cold is pretty icky right now and I just want it to go away. I bought special earplugs tonight that are supposed to help your ears during flight, plus all sorts of other cold stuff. I'm taking Airborne alternated with Zicam and other stuff. Hopefully the part of London we go into on Friday won't be underwater.

Susan: I hope you can shake the cold and really enjoy your flight to Scotland. I was so sorry that I wasn't able to join you and Nancy today. My grandkids are leaving on Sunday, so I should have a much easier time getting away from the house in the future. I love them to pieces, but it's time for me to enjoy my retirement and let the girls go back to Arizona, where they really want to be with their grandpa. Their mother most likely won't even be around them that much. I know we'll miss them, but it's best for everyone.

Alison: Hopefully I'll see you at the 300 DVD party at Nade's on the 11th. I'll let you know how well I have adjusted to being retired and not babysitting.ha ha

Nancy: Thanks for the invite today and the phone conversation. I'm looking forward to doing the scrapbooking thing as soon as it can be arranged. Take care of yourself.

Alice: See you Friday a.m. at Comic-Con. I'm very anxious to see what it's like.

Hey to everyone else . . . take care of yourselves and stay dry (that's means you, Anna).

beejay

Mousie and Mel…anyone? Okay, I’m gonna swallow my pride, show my ignorance and blurt it out. What IS HP7?? I can gather that it must be fan fic…gee, where have I been for so long that I missed out on this? Information please?

LOL Alison! :hearts: HP7 is Harry Potter book #7! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows...the last of the series! :claphands: That's one NICE Gerry dream you had! :tasty:

Hi there Marianne!!

~Mel

Just signed the petition for the releaseof Shattered.So far there are only 61 signitures so lets go girls.!!We're all excited to see that movie .I called our movies around here and so far they're not getting it.WWAAAAAAAAAAAA........

Big hugs to all those who need them and those who don't as well.

Posted ImagePeggy

Peggy,

Where do I sign? :confused:

Love the red hugs lady (so I stole it :funnyface: ...but it's not really stealing cause you're such a sweetie and share!)

Love ya!

hugs,

Sue

Sue, under Susan Sporran's siggy she has a link for you to click onto to sign.

Kinda thought you'd like the red Hugs.Here's another one for you.

Posted ImagePeggy

Yup, I added the links this morning - so to make it easier for you to find them I'll post here again.

Also, check out our Birthday Presents thread to find out who was the winner of Raffle #4 and add your congratulations!!

LOL Alison! :hearts: HP7 is Harry Potter book #7! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows...the last of the series! :claphands: That's one NICE Gerry dream you had! :tasty:

~Mel

Umm, yes, Mel…I cannot tell a lie, it WAS pretty yummy! :kiss2:

:doh: Regarding “HP7”…Okay, now tell me...is my face RED?? :embarassed: My kids would probably disown me if they knew I had had to ask, as most of them are big HP fans and have read all the books and seen all the movies..I'm not really an idiot..just somewhat "out of the loop" at times, I guess. Actually, I must admit that I've never read any of the books, and have only seen two of the movies.. *dodges rotten fruit thrown by Potter fans* Not intentionally; I have nothing against the series and do plan to see them all some time, just haven't quite gotten "a round tuitt" yet.

I know, Peggy…I just signed the “Shattered” petition as well, and can’t quite understand why we haven’t gotten a little bigger response on it..

Sue, you’ve heard the saying, “Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery”? So I stole Peggy’s red hugs too..and the pink teddy bear one!! Thanks, Peggy!

Susan, now, repeat after me…

I will not be sick for Scotland!

I WILL not be sick for Scotland!

I will NOT be sick for Scotland!

I will not BE sick for Scotland!

I will not be SICK for Scotland!

I will not be sick FOR Scotland!

I will not be sick for SCOTLAND!

Hugs to all,

Alison

I signed the petition !! I did my duty as an American! :rotflmao:

Still no luck with a naughty Gerry dream :tantrum: but, who am I to quit.

Tomorrow, I'm going to go to my friends Virginia celebration of life. I suspect it is going to be a busy place.

Hey, just a question. Has anyone had a lap band procedure?

Jenn :hmm2:

have not been on here in 2 days I missed the tv shows DARN!!!! hi all Susan, hope you feel better. Beejay, Sue Alice, Erica Suzie, allison, Mel, anna, Cat, Mousie, Nancy . boy if I had your job as that car driver or what ever it is I would really be having panic attacks attila Girl, that is rough. I would have been in the looney bin by now. I couldnot take that. I have been down with my shoulder went to a massage this morning she got it where it don't hurt so bad but now I can feel it coming back. and I don't sleep good at night. I am excited about my trip maybe that is why. I just wish it were tomorrow. Anna wish I could take you with me . wish I could take everyone. !!!! I hope ya'll have a good night and Gerry dreams lu lu Betts :hug:

Betts, I sure hope you're feeling better when you leave for your trip.I have frozen shoulder and I know how painful those things can be.I can't even wash or brush my own hair.It's long so I have to wear it in a ponytail and either my mom or my daughter has to put it up for me.Makes me feel helpless in a way but I can't pick my right arm up over my head so I have no choice.

I really pray that you have a great trip.You deserve it.

Posted ImagePeggy

What ta :confused: Just started typing away and when I looked to see what I typed it was GONE!! What 's going on anyway? Seems like we're all having those problems. I am going to confess I haven't really read the last couple of days but I will and then I'll be able to add some imput! Tomorrow we open our doors for business. If you guys could say a quick prayer that all goes well I would so appreciate it... I don't know why I'm so Damn nervous cause I've been down this road before. Maybe because I'm kinda going it without Papa Bear this time.

Hi Betts Sweetie, I haven't been here much lately either but hopefully things will start to come together and I'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief... and get my butt here more often!

To all that are feeling bad :comfort: hope you are feeling better soon!

I have gotten on enough to get my signature on the Shattered petition and have watched the trailer 4 times so far. This movie looks awesome!! I just wish we could get all our sister sites involved (unless they already are?) because if ALL the fans were to sign this petition ...lets see how many would that be? Hmmmmmmmmm Several thousand? I know a lot of the count don't really come to the site every day or for that matter a lot just join fo a short time and move on to something else. You know the ones that are just looking for info! But I'm sure there are enough of us to get the attention of whom ever we have to impress to get this movie released! So :tantrum: lets scream it from the rooftops. WE WANT SHATTERED RELEASED!! Please?

{{{HUGGLES}}} Fran

Evening all! My company has finally gone home, the house is presentable again and I can relax! Sounds like everyone has been super busy and having health issues. Hope everyone is feeling better and ready for hot Gerry dreams tonight.

For those of you who have signed the petition, it has been reworded to be much less combative and I have signed it. If the wording was putting you off, Hollywood has done a masterful job on her rewrite, and Lionsgate should sit up and smell the coffee! If not, we should start shipping them masses of haggis till they change their mind! (That'll teach 'em!)

It's still raining here! We have now officially set a record as the wettest January through July in city history......and we have a LONG history! We are 20 inches above our annual rainfall and it's only July! This is just weird. Last year at this time we were under water restrictions and farmers had fields of ruined crops. This year we are wanting the rain to stop and farmers have fields of rotting crops! I think we are next expecting a plague of frogs falling from the skys or locusts attacking. I wouldn't be surprised!

Anna, keeping you and your family in my prayers. Stay safe and dry and don't let MacWilley run around in a lightning storm!

Frannie, sending lots of positive energy to you for your grand opening. May you have the success you deserve!

Nancy honey, you make me tired just reading about your days! Get some rest, girl! Hopefully your poor back will feel better if you are rested!

Susan, have a safe trip and may the cold gremlins desert you! Have a grand time in Scotland. I am going next year, so take notes about where to stay! Are you going to the Tattoo in Edenburgh? That's something I've wanted to see for over 20 years!

Peggy, take care of that shoulder! Sounds painful! Feel better soon!

Alison, Jenn, Sue, Betts, Marianne, Mel, Swannie, and everyone I missed (sorry), have a great evening and lots of hugs!

Suzie

BTW! Peggy....I just stole two more HUGS from you!! hehehehehehehehehehehehe......

:funnyface: Fran

And Suzie my Sweetie, thanks !

Edited by ladyfran