Gerard Butler GALS

Wanna see this movie???

Currently, this film is only being released in a handful of theaters in Miami Florida! That is it people! No red carpet premiere... NOTHING!

Email this trailer link to your local cinema if you want this shown in your area. Show your support for Gerry and this film by making your voice heard!

an example:

Dear sirs,

I have recently been made aware of a new film opening in very limited release this month. The film is entitled, "Shattered" and stars Peirce Brosnan, Maria Bello and Gerard Butler; the actor who wowed audiences as King Leonidas in Zach Snyder's blockbuster, 300

A trailer for this film was just released by Lionsgate, and I am sending it to you in hopes that you will consider showing "Shattered" in your cinemas.

With a strong cast and riveting story, this film is sure to draw some major interest.

Posted Image

http://lionsgate.com/shattered/

Thank you,

Edited by Swansong

Great idea Swannie. I will send it to the two independent theaters I know of in the Boston area. Most of our theaters are major chains. I try them also but don't hold out much hope from them.

What I don't understand is why for the sake of all that is Gerry...he isn't promoting Shattered himself because of the success of 300 he is so much more appreciated and I'm willing to bet that all of his new found popularity would really push this movie!!! I know he is filming right now but there must have been some time before to get the word out!! I don't get it I just don't get it! :confused::bonk:

:tantrum: Fran

What I don't understand is why for the sake of all that is Gerry...he isn't promoting Shattered himself because of the success of 300 he is so much more appreciated and I'm willing to bet that all of his new found popularity would really push this movie!!! I know he is filming right now but there must have been some time before to get the word out!! I don't get it I just don't get it! :confused::bonk:

Hey

I don't get it either. He has such a broad fan base, not just the GALS. I am clueless - I will forward the request.

Diane

Frannie,

Obviously there are some insider issues regarding the release of this film... we may never know what they are, but we can have an impact in getting the "powers" to see that there IS a market for it, no matter what controversies surround its production.

I suspect Mel Gibson's Icon Productions, may have something to do with it, as his last film was a box office flop and lost tons of $$$$.

Swannie

I wish there was something I could do to help....but there are just no independant theaters in my area...I had to go to Chicago last year to see B & G.....I would contact the theaters in my area, but I honestly think it would be a worthless effort...I honestly hope that some see this film's potential....it does look like a good movie to me despite some early reservations when Gerry didn't seem pleased with this effort.....but you can see in the trailer that he put a lot of emotion into it as always.....I will be patient and wait for the dvd if I must...good luck to anyone that may get it close to them.

I just sent and email to the Scottsdale, AZ film festival folks. Their festival is in October and they showed Beowulf last year. Hope this helps...

Sara

I must say that this is a great idea...I have been off of this sight for awhile and i just get back on today and there is all this stuff about shattered and a trailer!? when did that happen...I watched it twice! and it had me wound tight!

its going to be great! i just hope it gets the attention wide spread release that it deserves!

As of what I can do personally, I don't know. I will try emailing our theatre but as a galaxy cinema, it is pretty small and only shows movies like Harry Potter and other well known storylines and such...but i will still try!

Brumie

OMG I just went to Sault Ste. Marie's movie site and all that and they have no contact information...I have no idea where to go...I'm very good at finding these sorts of things, does anybody else have a Galaxy Cinemas in their area? Where did you guys send a letter to? I wanna help so bad because this movie looks awesome and I wanna see...I haven't seen a good wind me up type thriller in such a long time!

Help!

Brumie

Well, I only live in a small town in NH, but we are a major tourist draw. I emailed the larger movie chain (not a well-known one, but a chain nonetheless). Then, this evening, I went into the small independent theatre (single screen) and talked to the owner/manager. I have a feeling he thinks me a complete loon, but seemed a bit receptive. He told me he does do business with Lions Gate, so he will check into it and go from there. I asked if he had an email address so I could send him a link to the trailer. He replied that he thinks he can figure it out. I decided I was pushing it, so I politely thanked him and took my leave.

That is so not me to walk in and do something like that out of the blue. He wasn't as friendly as I thought, so I think that made me nervous! Anyway, I'm babbling. Hopefully it will be on the marquee sometime soon!!!

Brumie, click on my siggy to sign the pettition.

Huggles,

Libby

I've signed the petition and was wondering if GB.net knows about this petition. We could use their signatures as well.

Kathy

yes.. there is a thread on GB.net where fans are being encouraged to sign, and Admin in promoting it as well. I've been over there all day, keeping the thread at the top and replying to posts!

Swannie

I've done some asking around various movie/filmscore forums to get a logic explanation for this, here is the answer I got:

Going theatrical is an expensive thing. A lot of films nowadays go straight to DVD where the profit margins are much higher....especially if they fall in the "art house" type of film.

It's highly unlikely that your petition will have any real impact unless it reaches very high numbers, and even then it might not work.

Major studios are now developing higher end direct to DVD films because they can make more money and spend less, and that's really what it comes down to.

Lionsgate is famous for this type of thing...they've made a fortune from direct to DVD sales.

Lastly, many movies get good actors without a particularly huge budget. Depends if the script is good and the actors in question want to make a labour of love script that they really believe in (that in itself doesn't make it a good script....just a good script in the eyes of the people involved). So it's quite possible that this movie might have come together for around $5mil which is really a small budget nowadays.

One more thought (after watching the trailer), it is quite possible that this movie simply did not score well with test audiences and that is why the studio decided to not do a wide release. Nowadays, test audiences have a pretty huge impact on how a movie's release is handled.

I've also read that a lot of times the actors know this is going to happen. Granted not many people will see Gerry in the theaters, but you can be rest assured he did it for a specific reason and is probably still getting paid a good amount.

Thanks for the input Nate, and for checking around. I think it still makes us feel good to sign the petition, even if in the long run, it has no impact on the outcome of this film's marketing.... because at least we made and effort, and that's what counts!

Hugs,

Mom

Quite often when a movie goes straight to DVD...it's for a very valid reason...It could be that Pierce's production company thought it was best for everyone involved (including the actors & crew members) that straight to DVD was the way to go with this movie....hence selling it to Lionsgate. I also read somewhere....that when a movie changes hands....it's not unusual for the title of the movie to change....legal stuff... Lionsgate seemed to be the only company interested in taking over this movie for distribution...I don't think they should be considered the "bad guys"...if it weren't for Lionsgate...this movie might not even go to DVD....sometimes that happens.....either way...it would be nice if Lionsgate would acknowledge our efforts and say one way or the other what their position/thoughts are ....that we have made an impact on their decision to give it wider release or not. And now that it is in the hands of Lionsgate.......the previous production co. more than likely has no say in the matter and might be prohibited from discussing it further(by contract agreement probably).....I'm sure we will find out eventually....but I do not think our hard work is pointless, futile or in vain .....Lionsagate ....& every other co. out there.... will know just what a strong following of admirers Gerard Butler has......they might want to buy up all of his movies in the future! LOL! These are only my personal thoughts, opinions, speculations, & observations.....

That was a very insightful & thought provoking post Nathan. Thank You!

Edited by Trouble