Gerard Butler GALS

PETITION to get Shattered released!

Thanks for the info, Dayna. I was wondering if Lionsgate knew of this effort. I

honestly think we are probably banging our heads against a brick wall--or should

I say that "few are standing against many," but at least we know we have tried

and that should count for something. I guess we can be glad there will, at least,

be a DVD!! It is interesting that they are releasing the DVD directly following

PSILU. Wonder if that is a coincidence?

Now I am going to get some emails sent to friends as was suggested earlier.

The more signatures, the better!!

Judy

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only has Lionsgate been made aware and communication has been established, but Pierce and Maria’s people have also been notified as to what we are doing and you will begin to see more and more of those fans posting as well.

Though it may appear we are just banging our heads against a brick wall, things are happening, so PLEASE don’t stop! Spread the word!

:hugs:

Dr. Em

If we give up, if we do nothing, if we do not use the voice God gave us, then they have all the power. Even if we do not succeed. It's the "What's the point, they do no good" attitude that those in deciding postions are hoping for.

1500 signatures is excellent, even more would be so much better, even if nothing happens, voices are heard and that's a very very good thing!!

1441 Signatures Total

I just opened an account on Gmail, only to sign the petition again :lolita:

If the stars of the film don't say anything about this petition, at least we can gather that they aren't against? So if we want to see this movie in the cinemas, lets keep up the good work :claphands: :claphands:

Hugs

CQ

I was just wondering what is the status on the release of the movie. Is Lionsgate still only releasing it only in Miami or will it be distributed in more cities? Am I going to have to wait till December to see it when it is released on DVD? I'd much rather see it on the big screen here in San Francisco, now.

I was just wondering what is the status on the release of the movie. Is Lionsgate still only releasing it only in Miami or will it be distributed in more cities? Am I going to have to wait till December to see it when it is released on DVD? I'd much rather see it on the big screen here in San Francisco, now.

We’re working on it. It’s only been a week, so we need to give it a little time and we need MORE SIGNATURES!

Let’s keep doing what we’re doing and maybe, just maybe, we can make great things happen!

Dr. Em

Hi, All. I spoke with my cousin this weekend who is an aspiring director/producter in LA and who has done some (as of yet) small no-name films. He says it's not necessarily a bad thing they are limiting it to only a few theaters. He says they do that when the studio is wanting to see if a movie gets nominated for awards. Then after that, they'll mass-release it.

Trust me, I know nothing about this - that's just what I was told. If someone has additional info, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Jenny

I've been trying to figure out what's happening here and then I heard the word sabotage used in a posting. I started to think. Could the fact that Mel Gibson (I'm a Gibson by birth) who is one of the producers had an effect on the outcome of this movie? Not getting into details here but I heard that with his recent problems, Hollywood would not look favorably on him after the statements he made. Could he be behind this movie's problems? Just a thought. I hope this isn't the case. I'm just at a loss to figure out why a good movie is having this many problems getting released.

Kathy

hmmm...things are changing....

Country and Date

Israel 2 August 2007

Malaysia 16 August 2007

Spain October 2007 (Sitges International Festival of Fantastic and Horror Cinema)

Belgium 24 October 2007

Netherlands 25 October 2007

Philippines 28 November 2007

hmmm...things are changing....

Country and Date

Israel 2 August 2007

Malaysia 16 August 2007

Spain October 2007 (Sitges International Festival of Fantastic and Horror Cinema)

Belgium 24 October 2007

Netherlands 25 October 2007

Philippines 28 November 2007

Is there anyway we can get Lionsgate to ADVERTISE these showings so the same thing that happened in Miami doesn't happen in these places as well? What good does it do for us to know onthe fan web site, but those who live in the city where the showing is taking place, haven't ever heard a sound bite about it? People can't go see the film if they don't even know it's showing. Any one think of something we can do?

Also, I'm just wondering here, but did these places show 300 ?

Is there anyway we can get Lionsgate to ADVERTISE these showings so the same thing that happened in Miami doesn't happen in these places as well? What good does it do for us to know onthe fan web site, but those who live in the city where the showing is taking place, haven't ever heard a sound bite about it? People can't go see the film if they don't even know it's showing. Any one think of something we can do?

Also, I'm just wondering here, but did these places show 300 ?

I don't believe (waiting for confirmation) that Lionsgate has the overseas distribution on this FQ.

still wondering what's the point of the petition then if it's so obvious this one's going straight-to-video..........

The point is to make Lionsgate realize they have made a mistake and to get the film out in the theatres after all.

Lionsgate knows of the petition and knows we aren't stopping with just the petition.

We can just pray (and fight like hell!) that right wins out!

Dr. Em

You make it ten times harder for them to try this a second time every time you fight the good fight. They know people are onto them. They know people are watching and they know people have learned how to rally others to a petition, have now set up MySpaces and MyFaces and are upset about their attitude--and that means We'll be ready to come out petitioning and more right at the start should there be a next time. We won't be starting from point zero, all dumbfounded about what's up. They know they're taking on an army better prepared. And that means they just might come to think it's not worth it to short change one Scottish actor. THIS IS SPARTA, ladies!

You know what the sad thing is, have you SEEN some of the movies they aren't only promoting but giving wide release, really, they are so bad you can smell them from here.

I know people have seen it and given reviews, not skewed toward Gerry either, and they liked it, at the very least it's good enough for wider release, they really don't make any sense.

If they try this with 3:10 to Yuma, I SWEAR...

You know what the sad thing is, have you SEEN some of the movies they aren't only promoting but giving wide release, really, they are so bad you can smell them from here.

I know people have seen it and given reviews, not skewed toward Gerry either, and they liked it, at the very least it's good enough for wider release, they really don't make any sense.

I know Moonie, I have seen a gazillion ads for Lindsay Lohen's new flick..... gag me with an entire place setting!

Swannie

I know Moonie, I have seen a gazillion ads for Lindsay Lohen's new flick..... gag me with an entire place setting!

Swannie

:funnyabove:

And that Bratz movie....I'm just sayin'

Swannie

:funnyabove: :rotflmao: :funnyabove:

Swannie

:funnyabove: :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

The ahem, "stuff" that passes as movies that receive wide release boggles my mind. That's part of why this is so puzzling. Keep at it ladies!!!

Do you ladies remember the movies that they were promoting with the trailers at

the "300" theater showings? Only "Spiderman 3" and "Knocked Up" did ANYTHING

at the box office. Even Hillary Swank's movie was a bomb. Most of the time I

couldn't stand to watch the trailers--to me the movies were "nothing."

And then something like this happens to what has all the potential to be a really

GOOD movie which could do well enough at the box office to cover expenses to

Lionsgate (I would hope.) Again, it is always about the $$$, isn't it!

Well, at least, nobody can say we didn't try to get the film released.

Judy

It's always a great thrill to me when I make someone laugh around here!

One wonders if Lionsgate has any sort of strategy behind the promotion of the film. Well if they do.... I want to be the CEO! I'm pretty sure I could do a much better job!

Swannie

I've seen some really unexceptional movies show in theaters...must've been popular with some people....and yet I have rented truly wonderful and exceptional movies that went straight away to DVD....I do think it all condenses down to profits...I can't remember when the last time I saw an otherwise great film in the theaters with predominately foreign actors....except of course the Bond & Harry Potter films(both fine movies)...that makes no sense to me...anyone remember "Buckaroo Bonzi"? something strange happened with that movie also....never did find out the whole story....