Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Susan~Sporran

Good luck, Elissa - with the working and with the lawsuit! You deserve to be compensated for what you have lost at the very least!

I had a funny "Gerry-related" thing happen last night. My husband went next door to give a little gift to our neighbor who watches our fur-babies while we are on vacation. She told him we didn't need to get her a gift but she sure wouldn't mind that magnet on my refrigerator! He said she was smitten with one of the Phantom magnets I have. I think I will give it to her too. We always get a kick out of it when we can hear POTO playing on their surround sound (our living room walls are connected). I wonder if I'll be hearing the soundtrack to "300" through the wall soon.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All :wave: ,

Funny thing at work today. I have a dry erase board for people to leave me messages when I'm away from my desk at work and today someone left me a message but addressed it to "Mrs Butler" :rotflmao: . Hummm, I wonder why, could it be because of the pictures or my constant references to my man, Gerard Butler.

Hi Irish, job is going well. I work with a very pleasant group of people. The things we have to read and listen to are hard to take sometimes, especially when it involves children, otherwise I like it very much. There's quite a few hotties there too :kisswink: .

Edited by AnnOC

:rotflmao: Oh Ann, I'm so glad that you are working with nice people at least....but Mrs. Butler? :tantrum: You can't be Mrs. Butler...we have to share him :funnyface:

Now, we just need to get Nancy to get a better job and I'll be happy! Nancy, I'm praying for you dear! For you Nancy....I know how much you like to relax when you're not working and have some popcorn :rotflmao: :

Posted Image

hugs,

Sue

Posted Image

SUE: What's he doing in this one??? :funnyface:

MEL: Your Vanilla is melting away... :rotflmao:

SWANNIE: I like the Gerry-Just-Being-Gerry pix. :inlove:

SUSAN: I liked your story-in-a-nushell about yours and Davids' trip to Scotland. Love the picture taken from the train...beautiful sky! And love the pic in your new siggy on "Frankie's Hill"...how sweet is that!?

Hi everyone...still got a couple more pages to read of the SC...gee whiz! This time I was only gone TWO days and there's like 3-4 pages to go thru!!

ELYSSA: Sorry you have gone thru something so tramatic and missing work...I hope you get a good attorney...I would have no clue where to begin...prayers for you.

Love, Nancy

P.S. SUE, I hear you on the doc...funny thing is I got out her business card today...will call tomorrow. Looks like I'll have a driving job tomorrow, but all he told me was that it will start about 3 or 4pm...he didn't tell me what kind of event or how long...

Hey you! Yup, I think I did too Nancy! :funnyface:

Hummm...not what is Gerry doing in that picture? I think he's explaining how he got in a good right jab with his eyes closed! :rotflmao::confused:

I'm glad you're going to see the doctor Nancy....make sure you tell him all the stress you are under.

hugs,

Sue

...I have a dry erase board for people to leave me messages when I'm away from my desk at work and today someone left me a message but addressed it to "Mrs Butler" :rotflmao: . Hummm, I wonder why, could it be because of the pictures or my constant references to my man, Gerard Butler.

Hi Ann :wave:

I used to be "Mrs Butler" too... :rotflmao: about 2 and a half years ago...my college-age co-workers at my 2nd/part-time job...they were so funny...(I miss them. I find it very hard to believe that just two years ago I was able to put in 40 hours a week at the credit union and then work 3 nights and both weekend days at the bookstore/gift shop. And I took dance classes at Arthur Murray!! Wish I could do these things again..I still have about 6 dance classes left that were paid for 2 years ago. They "expire" after 2 years).

...The things we have to read and listen to are hard to take sometimes, especially when it involves children, otherwise I like it very much. There's quite a few hotties there too :kisswink: .

ANN, this sounds very much like a friend of mine who worked for the county, in Santa Ana...it was something for Victims' Assistance, and she too would tell me about some of the terrible things going on in our world. She had to keep the files and transcripts/statements. I think it would be too hard to deal with.

I know what he's doing!!! He's either showing his skills at handling a sword or other things around 3AM. :cunning::cunning:

OOPS! I didn't mean to add that other things out loud! :confused::cunning:

:kisswink: Fran....I don't know what the Heck I'm doing up at this crazy hour in the AM...Nighty night!

Fran

:mrkilty: did someone mention Gerry's sword-handling demonstrations? Let me give you a hand with that big thing there Mr. Butler!

I got all my pictures from the Dear Frankie tour loaded to Photobucket if you'd like to see them. I think the weather was perfect, with beautiful clouds that enhance a lot of the views.

Dear Frankie tour

There is a funny story behind the first few pictures (below):

Our big motor coach pulled onto Margaret Street with 50 of us on board. This s the street where the beautiful tiles can be found that they duplicated for the apartment building Lizzie and Frankie lived in. So we stay in the coach but we are taking pictures out the windows. Nearly the whole time we were there this old lady was watching us through her binoculars. Now her window was probably only 15 feet from the bus so it was hilarious that she felt she needed binoculars to watch us. Then they let 3 people get off the coach to take pictures at #10, which is the actual location whose tiles were duplicated. It has a closed front door but it wasn't locked and one of the tenants was walking his dog and told the girls to go on in so they did and took a bunch of pictures (which I will try to find and post links to). So here there was the old suspicious lady and the other guy who just invited the ladies to walk into the building where he lived.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OMG Susan.....I almost feel like I'm there! Thanks for these awesome pics and would you mind if I saved a few for future siggys?? If not I'll understand....but a Dear Frankie sig is calling for me!! :confused::cunning: To be honest Frankies Hill is much prettier in your pics than it was in the movie. Actually there all pretty breathtaking!

:claphands::claphands: Fran

FRAAANIE!!

Good heavens!! I'm tired and you are THREE hours ahead of me!!

You're just hanging on for 3AM aren't you? :kisswink:

Seems like every time I try ....I can't quite make it! :confused::cunning:

Now if I could just have the right dream at 3 AM ......or maybe not! :kisswink:

:D Fran

Fran - I don't mind you using the pix, I'd just like a little mention as the one who took them.

I've loaded up some more pictures. The first link is the trip to get there - a few pix from the plane showing how much space we had on Max Jet, then the train station and pictures I took from the train between London and Glasgow.

July 27 - Getting to Glasgow

The second link is to pictures I took the day of the Convention, including the steep street on which the "300" theater was located (fortunately we got directions for an easier way to get to the theater so we only had to walk DOWN the street after the movie - I think I might have died had I tried to walk UP that street)! There are also pictures I took at the convention.

July 29- "300" and Convention

Hey Susan!

Grrrrrreat pics! I am so amazed that you always manage to do these amazing Gerry-related things. Thank you for sharing them with us so that we can live vicariously through you. **sigh**

I haven't been through the Support Center in awhile--glad I stopped in today and saw your tours. :bow2:

OK...hope I remember how to post this! Smooches to you and all the other GALS. :kiss:

Kimbo

:omg:KIMBO!!! Sending you a big Gerbear boob-squishing hug!! Where in the heck have you been? Please fill us in on how all is going with you. Are you still in Indiana? Have you had a chance to meet up with some of the GMCL's?

Hey again, Susan and Abrock! :kisswink:

OOF! Spanks a lot for that boob-squisher! I needed that on a TGIF kind of Friday like this!

Well, right now I'm working in Indianapolis at a community mental health center, where I'm getting quickly burned out, and most of the time I live in Anderson, IN with my boyfriend. I just bought a house in my hometown of Bloomington, though, and I go down most weekends to paint (every single room and ceiling...), scrape off cheesy wallpaper borders, rip up nasty carpet to get at the hardwood floors, get repairmen in, ETC. It's slow going because I'm mostly doing it myself, and after a long week, I'm already pooped! I keep plugging away at it, though. Maybe I'll even get to move in someday soon! *gasp* I'm hoping either this month or next. Boyfriend will stay in Anderson, and that will be somewhat a relief for me. He's a great guy, but he's just not "the one." :confused:

August in Indiana has been horrible weather-wise: mid-upper 90s and heavy humidity. I wish I could just wear something like this :mopboyjackie: everyday, but oh well. (Or was it climb into arms like this? Ride...? I forget...the heat is getting to me!!!) :heat: :spontaneous:

Anyway, I look forward to getting my stuff out of storage--some of it I haven't even seen in 5 years, so it'll be an adventure. And then, maybe I can get my life back post-Alaska, and get back to work on stained glass projects! I haven't forgotten that I'm going to make you a seahorse suncatcher for "Dear Frankie!"

I see that your husb is well for your other journeys--thank goodness for that! Hope you are well and happy, and again, I am amazed by the journeys you take. I wish that I could go, too! :yippee:

OK...I'm at work on my lunch hour and I need to clean up!

:hug:

Smooches,

Kimbo

Good morning my friends!

:yippee: someone else who does stained glass! :wave:Kimbo....I'm Sue and I don't think we've met. So nice to see you here.

Beautiful pictures Susan! I may use a few of those for cards too (and I will always give you credit and send you a few to boot) :kisswink:

I't starting to heat up again .... we have had an absolutely beautiful few days of cool nights and glorious days in the 80's...but it looks like it's not going to last...oh well, I figure that's why God made air conditioners and swimming pools Posted Image.

Posted Image to all!

Love,

Sue

p.s. Frannie, are you turning into a vampiress? :cunning:

Kimbo - it is great to hear that things are on the upswing for you - congrats on buying a house!! Yes, David was well for this trip, though he suffered from swollen feet the whole time (and they are still swollen). He's already been to the doctor about them, but now we wait for blood test results.

Sue- I was going to ask you about possibly making a series of cards with a few scenes from the Dear Frankie sites. I'd like to put one in the next charity raffle we do down here if that would be OK with you.

Kimbo - it is great to hear that things are on the upswing for you - congrats on buying a house!! Yes, David was well for this trip, though he suffered from swollen feet the whole time (and they are still swollen). He's already been to the doctor about them, but now we wait for blood test results.

Sue- I was going to ask you about possibly making a series of cards with a few scenes from the Dear Frankie sites. I'd like to put one in the next charity raffle we do down here if that would be OK with you.

Susan, I would be honored....tell me which ones you want and I will make up the cards.

hugs,

Sue

Hello All :wave: ,

Funny thing at work today. I have a dry erase board for people to leave me messages when I'm away from my desk at work and today someone left me a message but addressed it to "Mrs Butler" :rotflmao: . Hummm, I wonder why, could it be because of the pictures or my constant references to my man, Gerard Butler.

Hi Irish, job is going well. I work with a very pleasant group of people. The things we have to read and listen to are hard to take sometimes, especially when it involves children, otherwise I like it very much. There's quite a few hotties there too :kisswink: .

Hey wait a minute thats my boyfriend!!! :cunning:

Good morning to all.

Just a drop by to say hey to everybody!

Sue-

I got a new position at the hospital, same department but I have my weekends off!!!!! Yipee, weekend lunches with my GALS!!! :behave:

Every time I see an ad for the 300 DVD, I feel the GALS again like its the 1st time!! :bounce:

Good morning to all.

Just a drop by to say hey to everybody!

Sue-

I got a new position at the hospital, same department but I have my weekends off!!!!! Yipee, weekend lunches with my GALS!!! :behave:

Every time I see an ad for the 300 DVD, I feel the GALS again like its the 1st time!! :bounce:

:yippee: FANTASTIC Jenn! I promise I'm going to get my act together here and set up something for us on a Saturday so Roxi can join us! Soooo...why aren't you on your way to Marine World???

hugs,

Sue

Edited by irish