Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Lissa

300 will be the next RiffTrax

This is my first time posting. I just wanted to give you all a heads up that 300 will be the first movie of the 2nd season of RiffTrax, they have already done Reign of Fire, which was so funny. For those of you who don't know what RiffTrax is, it is a commentary for the movie, it is in mp3 format so it can go on your ipod or onto a cd so while you watch the movie you have the commentary playing along. RiffTrax was created by Mike Nelson who was on Mystery Science Theater. Here is the link to the page I know that I'll be getting this as soon as it comes out. They will be posting a clip as soon as they have one.

http://www.rifftrax.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=80

Melissa

This is my first time posting. I just wanted to give you all a heads up that 300 will be the first movie of the 2nd season of RiffTrax, they have already done Reign of Fire, which was so funny. For those of you who don't know what RiffTrax is, it is a commentary for the movie, it is in mp3 format so it can go on your ipod or onto a cd so while you watch the movie you have the commentary playing along. RiffTrax was created by Mike Nelson who was on Mystery Science Theater. Here is the link to the page I know that I'll be getting this as soon as it comes out. They will be posting a clip as soon as they have one.

http://www.rifftrax.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=80

Melissa

This is my first time posting as well. I am a huge fan of MST3k and when I heard that they were riffing some of Gerard Butler's movies - I had to see them. I agree with you, they are absolutely hilarious - although, as I have never seen "300" or "Reign of Fire", it was a bit odd at first following along what the characters were doing. But nevertheless, it was one of the funniest things I have seen them do yet and I wonder if maybe Gerard Butler himself would find it funny? (In good humor, of course)

When I clicked the link it took me to the RiffTrax web site but the page couldn't be found.

So, what your saying is these people do voice overs and make up their own dialog to the movie?

That would be pretty funny!

ETS: :welcome1: To GALS Lissa and Emily-Mackenzie! :wave:

Basically, yes. hehe

I mean they do say a few lude and outlandish things alot of the times (and they do this in general), which I don't personally approve of. :( But the other comments will make you ignore the bad ones. Also, it makes watching a movie that you normally wouldn't want to see (just out of personal preference) and makes you enjoy it. :)

Here is some clips from the RiffTrax version of "300" via YouTube -

- This is more clean-humored of the two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYcYSHbcFn8

Edited by Emily-Mackenzie

Thanks for the giggles! They were both pretty funny! :lol:

Pretty funny stuff!! BTW...Welcome to Gals!

:wave: Frannie

My daughters and I watched it the other night. What a hoot!

I'd recommend the Harry Potter and LOTR ones they've done as well.

Yes interesting...and welcome to the threads gals!

Thanks for this link! :)

Being an old MST3K fan I am glad to see Mike is still doing what he does best! But I do miss Crow T. Robot and Tom Servio! :lol:

Btw... :welcome:

Thanks for this link! :)

Being an old MST3K fan I am glad to see Mike is still doing what he does best! But I do miss Crow T. Robot and Tom Servio! :lol:

Btw... :welcome:

Thank you and yes, they are hilarious! I wonder what Mr. Butler would think of that series, if he's ever heard of it. Surely he has, since he seems to be highly knowledgeable in all things movie and television related. I think it would give him a good healthy laugh.

Nothing more relaxing than poking fun at HORRIBLE movies.

Actually, I can almost picture him along with the other three joking along with them.

Edited by Emily-Mackenzie

Whoa, the first was pretty funny, but You Tube didn't like the 2nd one as they removed it already! (Darn!)

Suzie

Whoa, the first was pretty funny, but You Tube didn't like the 2nd one as they removed it already! (Darn!)

Suzie

Unfortunately, due to copyright, they had to take down the second video.

Its a shame though, because it had one of the best lines I've ever heard in a riffed movie.

Even now, if I ever have to see that scene where Gerard kicks the Persian into the pit - I'll keep hearing in my head "Ow, gosh - I didn't know you were THAT close to our killing pit"