Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Guest greyeyegoddess

What do you think of the 300 dvd?

Guest greyeyegoddess

Just wanted to start a place where we can talk about the dvd, extra features, different editions, and extra scenes.

I'll wait for all of you.... :cunning:

~alice

:music:

Well, according to my hubby, there is a free download for your mp3 players so you can have the entire movie on it. WAHOO!!!!!!! I cannot wait to get home

Cassie

I bought the full screen version at Wal-Mart for a very good price!

It doesn't come with all the extras.

I still have to figure out how to hook up my dvd player! lol

I just bought the 2-disc special edition at WalMart for only $22.00, and now I'm counting down the hours until I can get out of work, put the kids to bed, and enjoy the movie and the extras! :claphands:

I just bought the 2-disc special edition at WalMart for only $22.00, and now I'm counting down the hours until I can get out of work, put the kids to bed, and enjoy the movie and the extras! :claphands:

Hey, you wanna swing by my work & drop a copy off for me? LOL.

I hafta work 12 hr days today & tomorrow, so I won't be able to buy it til THURSDAY!!!

:tantrum:

I ordered mine off of Amazon, it was supposed to be here today, which it's not, so I went and bought the two disc version and the special collectors one that came with the helmet..it's going to be so good to just be able to see all the vid journals in one place, and of course THE MOVIE in all it's glory without having to worry is someone is going to sit next to me and talk all the way through it..I loved it on the big screen and IMAX but being in your own home, it's priceless (but I do have to say, this movie was probably the only one I've ever been to where NO ONE talked in it)

Guest greyeyegoddess

Ok, for those of you who have the movie, have you gone just through the chapters yet? Have you noticed where one of the chapters start; a significant scene?

Can we thank Zack for doing this? :claphands:

~alice

Hey, you wanna swing by my work & drop a copy off for me? LOL.

I hafta work 12 hr days today & tomorrow, so I won't be able to buy it til THURSDAY!!!

:tantrum:

You know, I'll be right by you tomorrow - my son has his 4 year well check tomorrow at 1:30 and his ped's office is right at Ballas and 40! I'd be happy to bring you a copy if you like!

Ok, for those of you who have the movie, have you gone just through the chapters yet? Have you noticed where one of the chapters start; a significant scene?

Can we thank Zack for doing this? :claphands:

~alice

No, not yet! lol Aaaaaaaaaahhhh! Is it the moonlit arse scene?

Guest greyeyegoddess

LOL Zanes...

If you haven't seen it, I'm not telling.... :kisswink:

you have to find out yourself! :cunning:

~alice

I spent an hour in Best Buy today trying to decide between the HD DVD version or the special box set with the helmet!!! :wall:

I wanted both but I could not justify having 3 copies of the movie (at least not right now). The HD DVD has 2 versions of the movie...one in HD and one in regular DVD. I finally made the "logical" decision and bought the HD DVD since I have an HD TV with an HD DVD player! :confused:

I want to be able to see every little hair on Gerry's....face!!! :cunning:

My mom bought me the special edition with the cards and they're all mine!!!!! Hahahahahhahahahah just kidding and its from Circuit City.

300, How Do I Love Thee...Let me count the ways...

1. Gerry Butler

2. Gerry Butler in leather undies.

3. Gerry Butler in leather undies in every scene almost.

4. Gerry Butler in leather undies in every scene kicking Persian bad guy b*tocks.

5. Gerry Butler in leather undies in every scene kicking Persian bad guy b*tocks with red cape.

6. Gerry Butler in leather undies in every scene kicking Persian bad guy b*tocks with red cape and big spear.

7. Need I say more?

8. Oh, yeah. Gerry Butler in one scene with no undies, no cape, no Persians, and no inhibitions!!!!

300, How Do I Love Thee...Let me count the ways...

1. Gerry Butler

2. Gerry Butler in leather undies.

3. Gerry Butler in leather undies in every scene almost.

4. Gerry Butler in leather undies in every scene kicking Persian bad guy b*tocks.

5. Gerry Butler in leather undies in every scene kicking Persian bad guy b*tocks with red cape.

6. Gerry Butler in leather undies in every scene kicking Persian bad guy b*tocks with red cape and big spear.

7. Need I say more?

8. Oh, yeah. Gerry Butler in one scene with no undies, no cape, no Persians, and no inhibitions!!!!

I don't think you need to youve pretty much read my mind!!!! :funnyabove: :funnyabove: :claphands::claphands::funnyface::funnyface::cunning:

I didn't watch the extras yet. I watched the movie last night and my brother asked me to borrow it today...he better bring it back is all I can say. lol

Isabeau and I watched it last night and barely heard anything that was going on because we kept having seizures!!!!

Ah leather undies and growls and humor and OMFB, I LOVE IT!!!!!

I had pre-ordered the Special Edition double disc set from Amazon...I'm glad I did because I would not have been able to get to Best Buy this week anyway...

SO ***** AWESOME watching this movie again; backing up, slo-mo,repeating, with captions and without...And I sat WAAAAY too close to the TV screen! :heat:

I plan on getting the Fullscreen edition too, just for better closeups.

By the way, I never get to see movie credits in the theatre, Hubby always wants to leave right away. So may I say here that the credit sequence at the end is really beautifully done, including the music.

So now I think I better get back to the real world, that doesn't have red capes and leather..well...treats. :claphands:

:leochest:

:tens:

Just had a really funny thing happen I thought I would share. I preordered my copy of 300, but was in Barnes and Noble an hour ago for books and mags, and found myself wandering into the DVD/CD section just to see what was happening with the 300 sales. I was casually browsing, when a women yells to her friend (standing not 5 inches from her) 'OH, MY, GOD, have you seen this film? It is absolutely amazing', as she waved a copy of 300 over her head. She literally was beside herself with enthsiasm and joy at having found the DVD. Got the impression she wasn't even aware of the release date, so I don't think she was necessarily a GB fan. She was also definitely NOT a teenager, however, I had to secretly smile at her "teenage-like fan-girl enthusiasm. Needless to say, it made my afternoon. As Gerry predicted, 300 is huge. The store even had a display outside the main entrance, together with numerous copies of every type scattered throughout the DVD/CD area. It was so funny to see this women, who looked very mature, Junior League, responsible mom and wife type, acting like a 14 year old over that supposedly "guy" movie 300. :claphands:

:claphands: I received the 2 disc dvd from Amazon on Tuesday and my husband and I watched it that night. I thought it was a great movie. I am not one for blood and gore but I could not take my eyes off the movie or Leonidas anyway!!! I watched the History channel about the 300. It was on a day or two before I got the movie and it was fascinating to hear about these men and it really set the movie up for me to watch because I felt I had a better understanding of this movie and I think Zach Snyder did a great job of making this movie because there were alot of similarities in the two. Great addition to anyones movie library.

Tojo aka Phantomluv

Received my DVD of 300 and love it. I watched it twice last night and willwatch it again after I watch my new Dracula DVD...YUM......

When I returned from Scotland both copies of "300" were awaiting me from Amazon. But I must be a bad GAL because here it is several days later and I don't even have the cellophane off them yet. My husband called me Wednesday from Costco to tell me they had "300" there and did I want him to buy it for me, but I told him I already got it from Amazon. Then we had a discussion about how we really need to upgrade our "home theater" with a better surround-sound system including an HD-DVD player.

My sister is visiting from Texas so I'm not sure when I'll get to watch it. Before she leaves I will make sure she is "educated" about the movie so that she and her husband wil at least watch it when they get home. I can't invite them to watch at my house because her husbad is allergic to cats, and she is allergic to clutter. :D

I watched the extras the other day and the first part I saw it only showed him once..grrrrr.

I didn't get around to seeing 300 in the theater, so I didn't know if I'd like it. I bought the regular dvd of it the day it came out, though.

As for the movie, wow, all those guys were definitely hittin' up the gym for some time! With that menacing look on his face and that heavy-duty facial hair, and him being warrior extraoridinare, it's hard to believe that King L. is our Gerry, the same guy who made us swoon as the Phantom. DANG, HE'S GOOD!!! :claphands: