Gerard Butler GALS

SIGN THE PETITION: Part 2

Just signed up with gmail twice and will be signing the petition again. Hmm I wonder how many mails I can keep up with? BTW~ just watched the trailer again and it worked fine for me.

ETA 1520!!!

Edited by Knight Phantom

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the petition is a waste of time. What else could be done? It's best to be heard as a group.

I just feel as if Lionsgate is holding something back? Why spend $$ to make a film and then not attempt to sell it? It's weird. But then again, as I am reminded daily, I don't know everything!

:goodjob2:

In an attempt to alleviate fears, I posted the following over at dot net:

Hi y'all, I (Libby, aka Lilea, aka touchmetrustme) am Swannie's friend who recieved the 'Happy B-day' email from Lionsgate. After finding out about the worry some have had that their email addresses might fall into the wrong hands, I did some research and found out that Lionsgate has my email and dob because I joined the forum, not because I signed the petition. Yes you do have to reveal your email address (but have the option to keep it private), but they do not ask for your birthdate, in order to add your name to this worthy petition.

Though I know it is good to be cautious, to live in fear to the point of paranoia would really cramp my style. So if something is important enough to me, like supporting Gerry Butler in everything he does, I refuse to let petty fears prevent me from giving my best effort. Lionsgate will not exploit your email addresses if you sign the petition... Please sign it.

In an attempt to alleviate fears, I posted the following over at dot net:

Hi y'all, I (Libby, aka Lilea, aka touchmetrustme) am Swannie's friend who recieved the 'Happy B-day' email from Lionsgate. After finding out about the worry some have had that their email addresses might fall into the wrong hands, I did some research and found out that Lionsgate has my email and dob because I joined the forum, not because I signed the petition. Yes you do have to reveal your email address (but have the option to keep it private), but they do not ask for your birthdate, in order to add your name to this worthy petition.

Though I know it is good to be cautious, to live in fear to the point of paranoia would really cramp my style. So if something is important enough to me, like supporting Gerry Butler in everything he does, I refuse to let petty fears prevent me from giving my best effort. Lionsgate will not exploit your email addresses if you sign the petition... Please sign it.

Libby ~

Have I told you lately that I love you? (I know I have, but work with me here!) That is AWESOME!

Really people. Why isn't it our job to help promote the film? We are fans of Mr. Butler and this is HIS work of art.

Let's put it this way. Jennifer St. Giles is one of my bestest friends. She has a book and we, her friends, helped her get the word out about it. Because of that, her book has made it to the USA Today Best Seller List! Was it a waste of our time? I think not.

So please people, let's put our collaborate efforts and networking skills to work and get this film into the theatres!

*Off Soapbox*

:hugs:

Dr. Em

That's very interesting Swan! Thanks for pointing that out!

I never thought fighting for screen space would be a concern.

It is a tricky business with money as the bottom line!

ETS: 1559!!! Signatures!!!

Fans, here is a very interesting post about the movie business, which may, or may not pertain to the Shattered situation:

http://gerardbutler.net/haven/index.php?sh...c=57258&hl=

Food for thought....

Swannie

Just a reminder... this thread (above link) is bringing out some very interesting information, make sure to pay a visit!

Swannie

The Starmeter at IMDb shows interest in ....

Butterfly on a Wheel (Shattered) is up 47% from last week...

Gerry Butler is up 65%...

Pierce is up 3 %....

What does this mean?.....Maybe the petition is stirring up some of the interest....or maybe the release of 300 on DVD...consequently anything with Gerry in it.....but interest is UP! They ARE taking notice!.....

Not sure how reliable or how significant the information is at IMDb is....but there it is....

Posted Image

Edited by Trouble

This is a very interesting thread, thanks to Swannie and Trouble. Lots to think about here. I feel like a detective trying to piece all of the evidence together to come up with a reason "Shattered" has been sidelined. I'm beginning to think that the film industry has changed and we will have to wait much longer to see Gerry's films if they wait to put them out in other avenues than the theaters. Can you imagine not seeing "300" in a movie theater? What a loss that would have been. I think the bottom line here is money. It does cost a lot to make and distribute film for all of the movie theaters who want to show a movie. It's much cheaper to sell dvds directly to the public. Interesting new thoughts on the pros and cons of theater distribution. It's a new world people.

Kathy

This is a very interesting thread, thanks to Swannie and Trouble. Lots to think about here. I feel like a detective trying to piece all of the evidence together to come up with a reason "Shattered" has been sidelined. I'm beginning to think that the film industry has changed and we will have to wait much longer to see Gerry's films if they wait to put them out in other avenues than the theaters. Can you imagine not seeing "300" in a movie theater? What a loss that would have been. I think the bottom line here is money. It does cost a lot to make and distribute film for all of the movie theaters who want to show a movie. It's much cheaper to sell dvds directly to the public. Interesting new thoughts on the pros and cons of theater distribution. It's a new world people.

Kathy

It is a 'New World' Forbes Girl...things change all the time.... & not necessarily for the worst...I believe we are doing our best to promote 'Shattered' ....but what ever happens...we have accomplished this because of our love for Gerry...not for ourselves....and that can not be a bad thing....I believe only good will eventually come of this effort...G deserves our love , respect, & support....He is the reason we are all here....

Posted Image

Edited by Trouble

Pierce is up 3 %....

What does this mean?.....Maybe the petition is stirring up some of the interest....or maybe the release of 300 on DVD...consequently anything with Gerry in it.....but interest is UP! They ARE taking notice!.....

Not sure how reliable or how significant the information is at IMDb is....but there it is....

:claphands:

Wow!! I think that is remarkable. We ladies have made the movie makers hear us despite all the opposition!! I may have to open up another free web address somewhere and "sign the petition" yet again. The three best freebies are : hotmail, yahoo, and netscape. Does anyone know of some others ???

OVER 1600 :claphands::claphands::claphands:

I've spread the word, I've signed, and I totally understand about screentime, I had read a article about how hard it is in the summer and near Christmas for movies to get it...but you know, I'm so happy about all the peeps coming out and signing and showing their support, excellent people, just WONDERFUL!!!!!

Pierce is up 3 %....

:claphands:

Wow!! I think that is remarkable. We ladies have made the movie makers hear us despite all the opposition!! I may have to open up another free web address somewhere and "sign the petition" yet again. The three best freebies are : hotmail, yahoo, and netscape. Does anyone know of some others ???

Google has free email (mail.google.com). Thanks for the netscape, I'll go get me an email adress there and sign again, too -- already did the hotmail and yahoo ones!

I may have missed it somewhere, but has anyone said when they expect some

kind of "result" from this effort to get SHATTERED released? Is this petition an

ongoing thing for the next few months, something that Lionsgate is aware of and

might be monitoring? Or at some point will it be submitted to them?

Also, how about the decision for even a very limited release after the Miami trial?

I suspect there has been no communication from Lionsgate, or someone would

have posted it here. I want to see this movie SO much after watching the filming

last year!! I guess at this point, I will just have to look forward to having 2 new

GB movies in Dec.!!

Judy

kind of "result" from this effort to get SHATTERED released? Is this petition an

Also, how about the decision for even a very limited release after the Miami trial?

have posted it here. I want to see this movie SO much after watching the filming

last year!! I guess at this point, I will just have to look forward to having 2 new

GB movies in Dec.!!

Judy

Judy ~

Tiara (Hollywood) has been in touch with Lionsgate and they are very aware of the petition. Perhaps we can get Hollywood to post an update for us.

:hugs:

Dr. Em

GB movies in Dec.!!

Judy

This petition will be ongoing; Lionsgate is aware of it. They do check it since the first 1,000 were submitted. I have engaged in various email correspondences, as well as phone calls. Things are happening; whispers have gone about. I am glad everyone was notified of this; and the petition stays up. I don't want to say too much, but there are things going on behind the scenes with GB GALS assisting and it is a great feeling to have so much support. Whether it ends with a theatre release, I have no idea. But the fans have spoken, and they are listening.

So, was it successful to do this? Yes, it was. Did it make a difference? Absolutely. However, I don't believe that over 1600 signatures will be enough. Which is why all fans of the 3 actors are making sure the message gets across the globe.

Thanks for asking,

Tiara

thanks for the effort your putting into this hollywood.... is there a link to the other actors site so we can sign there also?? or would that be equivalent to signing this one twice???

thanks for the effort your putting into this hollywood.... is there a link to the other actors site so we can sign there also?? or would that be equivalent to signing this one twice???

Here is the link to sign the petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/11132007/petition.html

We have received signatures from fans of both Mr. Bronson and Ms. Bello on the petition. Because we originated it from here, of course, the majority of the sigs are from GB fans.

I do not know of any petition from Mr. Brosnan's site; and there is no official Maria Bello site.

Edited by Hollywood

Google has free email (mail.google.com). Thanks for the netscape, I'll go get me an email adress there and sign again, too -- already did the hotmail and yahoo ones!

Thanks, touchmetrustme!! I'm off to Google another freebie email. :angel2: And I just feel there will be another siggie on that petition here soon !!

Anyone know of others, please post 'em. As they said in American Grafetti: Here's one for justice!! :mopboyjackie: