Gerard Butler GALS

Contributing to GB GALS

Dr. Em

GALS ~

As all of you know, this site is paid for by the generous donations from our members.

It has never been or will ever be a REQUIREMENT for being a member of GALS. We understand there are those who are unable to financially contribute to our site and we certainly understand and appreciate that fact. We also KNOW whether someone is able to contribute financially or not, does not make them any more or any less of a valued member of GALS.

Having stated that, we would like to recognize those who have been able to financially contribute to keeping GALS up and running.

So, we are making donating to GALS a little easier.

If you go into your "My Controls" you will find a "Purchase Paid Subscriptions" link. If you click on that, you will find several options for donating.

Now in the Admin. Control Panel, we are unable to change the "duration" to read "one-time contribution" from "Lifetime (never expires)" and we understand that designation is a little misleading. But please understand this is a one-time contribution and you will not receive any reminders to pay

The other options are monthly, quarterly and yearly subscriptions. Now to be honest with you, I'm not really sure how this will work yet, so bear with us as we figure that part out. I am hoping what this will do is send those who have asked for these type of payments a reminder to pay. I am PRAYING this will not shut any member off!

Again, this is a little testing time so if things don't go right, LET US KNOW! We may have to remove that option.

When making a payment via the "Purchase Paid Subscription" link, your status will change from "Member" to "Contributing Member" as our way of thanking you for your donation to GALS.

When Susan returns from Scotland, I will ask her to manually change that status on the Admin. CP for those who have paid via check.

For those who have manually made a payment via Paypal, we are attempting to change those statuses as we speak.

We love and appreciate ALL our members and thank you all for always being there when bills need to be paid.

:hugs:

Dr. Em

Dr. Em,

I really want to be a contributor, just to let you all know how grateful I am that you are here for me.

How do I set up a pay-pal account? I would like to contribute each month if that would work? Can you automatically deduct each month on the same day? Or, do I have to remember to do it myself? I'm very forgetful, so if you can deduct each month for me, that would be great!!

Let me know how to go about this! When I pulled up my controls, there was no pre-paid thingy. So, what can I do? Your AOG, Joanna :pug: :hugsandsnogs: :archie:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. Em,

I really want to be a contributor, just to let you all know how grateful I am that you are here for me.

How do I set up a pay-pal account? I would like to contribute each month if that would work? Can you automatically deduct each month on the same day? Or, do I have to remember to do it myself? I'm very forgetful, so if you can deduct each month for me, that would be great!!

Let me know how to go about this! When I pulled up my controls, there was no pre-paid thingy. So, what can I do? Your AOG, Joanna :pug: :hugsandsnogs: :archie:

Joanna,

You'd have to go to www.paypal.com and follow the step-by-step procedure for opening a paypal account. I don't know if they have a way to set up monthly payments - I don't think so. I always do it myself on the 1st.

If you bank online, you can probably set up a monthly payment that way - just have the check mailed to the P.O. box. Again, you'd have to check with your specific banking institution.

Thanks for your support!

Spot

ets: ONLY 3 MONTHS TIL OUR SERVER FEE (OF $3K IS DUE)!

Ahhh yes. It does take a black cloud away. Contributing to GBGALS for the 3rd year. :dance:

Gee, it just doesn't seem to be that long ago...in Gerry years!

Love GBGALS and all it has done for me over the time we have been together. I don't post very often but this site has given me so much joy, fun, a feeling of sisterhood and the best Gerry news. Not to mention the most exciting nights in Vegas. Thanks Dr. Em and all your staff for all you do for me. I appreciate it. :wub:

Later and cheers...Tamarra

wow, I wasn't expecting to get "greened" that fast! :lol: NICE! almost my eyecolour...

Hey GAL,

I agree, I got "Greened" the same day!!! I was so awed, these GALS are so good. I'll have mine taken out each month and then I know I'm not forgetting. I owe so much to these wonderful GALS!!! They take good care of us Fans. And I can truly testify to that. Just look what Cleo made for me. Everytime I look at my siggy, I practically melt :tasty: !!! I have purchased several movies from the Gals network, but I am having a hard time finding "The Jewel of the Sahara. I want to make my collection of Gerry movies complete. If anyone has it or knows where I can get it without breaking the bank, please let me know.

Thanks GALS, I am honored to belong,

AOGJoanna :archie::pug: yes,yes Iwill

!

I bought 2 tee-shirts from the boutique within the last month, and a contribution check is in the mail! Can't wait until I get to be a greenie, too! :pointy:

I bought 2 tee-shirts from the boutique within the last month, and a contribution check is in the mail! Can't wait until I get to be a greenie, too! :pointy:

It's a Great Feeling Butlerbabe,

:wub: I made mine a monthly donation so my ol' lady mind doesn't forget.

Don't forget to vote,vote,vote for Our Gerry, He's falling behind. I vote every half hour when I'm awake. My family wonders what's wrong with me that every half hour or so, I'm at the computer for a few minutes. I told them and my Granddaughter said "you go Grama". She totally approves of my LOVE for this awesome Man. She is 20!!!!!

Gotta go, going to breakfast with my daughter and gotta get dressed"nice!!" No sweats!!!

Talk at Ya soon, Love your user name!!!!

AOGJoanna :archie::pug: yes, yes Iwill!

Thank you all for keeping this thread alive AND for your monetary contributions. However, the most important contribution you make is each and every post!! It's the only way we get to know each member of our FANmily!!

(And Joanna, your siggy is to die for!!! :clap: for Bethy yet again!)

Thank you all for keeping this thread alive AND for your monetary contributions. However, the most important contribution you make is each and every post!! It's the only way we get to know each member of our FANmily!!

(And Joanna, your siggy is to die for!!! :clap: for Bethy yet again!)

Thank You,

I totally agree!!! Bethy is so awesome, I am totally indebted to her! I sometimes just sit and look at it. It's all I could have hoped for. But, I think, as I have said before and will always say, I am toooooooooooo much in love with this Man!!!! Going on eleven years!! My family thought it would pass. HUH, never happen. Everytime I think, okay, you're never even going to meet this Man, get over it!! I can't!!! Something else comes along or a picture or something cute He has said, and I'm pulled right back in. So, I have accepted that it will just go on and on and on and on 'till I die. :wub:

Gotta go vote, and Thank You for noticeing my siggy from Beautiful Bethy! :tasty: :clap:

Love to All The GALS,

AOGJoanna :archie::pug: yes,yes I will!

Edited by Joanna

Not that I'm stressing about my name being green, but buying through the boutique won't make you a contributing member? Is that what I'm understanding? I've purchased through the boutique twice over 3 months ago. I'd gladly send a check but the bank has our account messed up so it won't be today. :biggrin:

No, only donations directly to the site (by way of paypal and/or snailmail) will get your name in that very slimming green color... :kisswink:

If we send snail mail, who do we make the check out to and who directly am I sending this to? I've seen different addresses and although there is an address on this thread, I want to be absolutely positive. Whoever responds can PM me with the info. Thanks, Jeana :biggrin:

Thanks for the question, Jo. Since other people may be looking for the info, also, I'll just re-post it here. You can make payments two ways.

PAYPAL: Just go to the PayPal site and go to "Send Money," put drem@gerardbutlergals.com as the email address you're sending to, and donate the amount you want. (You DO need to set up an account first.)

OR

PAPER CHECK: Make the check payable to: GBGALS, Memo: Support (PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR SCREENNAME) and mail to:

Susan Payette

P.O. Box 17915

Irvine, CA 92623-7915

I have a ? and I didn't see it anywhere else, but I may be blind.

When we buy stuff using the boutique link to get to amazon or cafe press, a portion of the amount we pay goes to GALS, right?

How much is that portion and how come we don't receive something verifying that it went to GALS?

I keep buying stuff with the link, but I am not sure if GALS is getting the credit for it...

I have a ? and I didn't see it anywhere else, but I may be blind.

When we buy stuff using the boutique link to get to amazon or cafe press, a portion of the amount we pay goes to GALS, right?

How much is that portion and how come we don't receive something verifying that it went to GALS?

I keep buying stuff with the link, but I am not sure if GALS is getting the credit for it...

Aimee - we periodically (not sure how often, maybe twice a year) get a "commission" from the boutique links like Amazon and Cafe Press. I'm not sure the exact percentage - it isn't huge, but every bit helps. For those who wonder why buying through the boutique doesn't make them become "green" it's for a couple of reasons - one is that we don't get any detail of who the purchases are made by, and two because the payments come so infrequently.

• 3 weeks later...

Barb,

If there is a problem with my contribution coming thru, I had to change my card and I did let pay pal know. So, if it isn't going thru, let me know. I gave them the new number last week, before my contribution date, so if they are having trouble,tell them to contact me and I will resubmit my number to them.

Hugs, AOGJoanna :wub:

Barb,

If there is a problem with my contribution coming thru, I had to change my card and I did let pay pal know. So, if it isn't going thru, let me know. I gave them the new number last week, before my contribution date, so if they are having trouble,tell them to contact me and I will resubmit my number to them.

Joanna, your subscription contribution for January (sent 1/11) was received (and I sent a ty email dated Jan 12)...

your next payment should come through on Feb 11, and if it doesn't, I'll let you know! Thank you for the 'heads-up' on this.

Hugs,

Barb

Not much, but all I could spare right now....it's on it's way...I'm already GREEN, but I'll help whenever I can....love this place...love you guys!!!! :wub:

LOVE GERRY!

Edited by redroseblackribbon

Barb,

Joanna, your subscription contribution for January (sent 1/11) was received (and I sent a ty email dated Jan 12)...

your next payment should come through on Feb 11, and if it doesn't, I'll let you know! Thank you for the 'heads-up' on this.

Hugs,

Barb

Thanks Barb. Pay Pal confuses me. But, like you said, if it doesn't come thru, let me know.

Hugs back at Ya Babe, AOGJoanna :wub:

Edited by Joanna