Gerard Butler GALS

Contributing to GB GALS

Dr. Em

I hope this isn't a stupid question but I'll attempt to ask it, anyway!

I just ordered a copy of Sadie Montgomery's Phoenix of the Opera through the Boutique link to Amazon, but I chose a copy from a seller other than Amazon itself. Will GALS still reap their share of support or should I submit a separate donation for the month of June?

Thank you in advance for your answer!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question! I think as long as you used the link, we get credit inasmuch as you wouldn't have found the other seller had you not used our amazon link. Does that make sense? If we find out anything differently, we'll let you know!

THANKS for using the boutique link!

Good question! I think as long as you used the link, we get credit inasmuch as you wouldn't have found the other seller had you not used our amazon link. Does that make sense? If we find out anything differently, we'll let you know!

THANKS for using the boutique link!

Thanks, Spot! Let me know if you find out differently!

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to let you know Susan, that I've sent a check in the mail. I'm guessing you won't get it until after the convention since it's coming from Ohio in the snail mail. I just wanted to give you a heads up to make sure it gets there. I've been staying away until I could contribute something, so for my birthday, I'm sending money to support GALS. Thanks! :D

Edited by Jo A. Quin

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question and I do not know where to post it, but this seemed like the best place, so here it is:

Can we put the link to the Amazon site someplace where everyone can always see it to remind them that if they buy anything through Amazon to go through GALS to get it? I just ordered some stuff from there (which I do a lot) and I used the link, but I KNOW I'm going to forget and that will probably be the time I spend the most, of course! Just an idea for making us more money in a simple way. I love to help out this site, especially when it is something I'm going to buy anyway. I'm not sure if everyone knows that they don't have to even be purchasing anything related to Gerry in order for the site to get money. Maybe that info could be put with the link too.

If someone has already suggested this and it isn't feasible, then sorry for mentioning, but I wanted to bring it up in case.

Thanks,

Jennifer

I have a question and I do not know where to post it, but this seemed like the best place, so here it is:

Can we put the link to the Amazon site someplace where everyone can always see it to remind them that if they buy anything through Amazon to go through GALS to get it?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Jennifer, that sounds like a good idea to me. I've forwarded your suggestion to the rest of the admins and mods for further consideration. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hugs,

Libby

Yeah this would help because not that I mean to forget but I do and I'm reminded AFTER of paying for it via GALS. I've ordered quite a few items recently and paid UK prices so that could have helped the GALS. Which is my original question I wanted to ask, you do get a cut regardless of which Amazon you use correct? It's not just Amazon US but all. I want to help but I'm forgetful lately and again I remember after the fact. I just ordered a VERY pricey box set and a couple dvd's from Amazon.co.uk and the conversion on it I could have paid my car note w/it.

Thanks!

Cassie

There is a link in the Boutique (the Boutique link is on top of each page of the forum in the blue header!)

and on the Boutique page, there is a link directly to Posted Image

and I if it's possible to add a link to the left information column on the side of the Forum, it will most likely be done with the next Forum Upgrade.

Thanks for the suggestions, and for supporting GALS!! We receive a few cents on every purchase made through the Amazon/Boutique link!

Best,

Barbara

Does ordering from the cafepress site mean I am now a contributer? Or do you just count money donations as site contributions?

Does ordering from the cafepress site mean I am now a contributer? Or do you just count money donations as site contributions?

Hey, isaboo.

No, ordering from Cafepress and Amazon don't count towards contributions, as we only receive a few cents on each order. However, we do appreciate the use of the 'link', as all generated income is welcome (and needed!). :rose:

To be a Contributing member, please check out this post and for Subscriptions to Support GALS, this link.

:wave:

Barb

Barbara,

So do you mean that we do not get a percentage of the total sale from the link with Amazon? Is it really only a few cents for each time we make a purchase no matter how much we spend??

Hey, Jennifer!

I'd have to see who'd have the exact amount, but if I remember correctly it's very low, a few cents for each dollar spent.

But, over the course of a year, it adds up to a tidy little sum, in the hundred dollars range. Which is very nice!

If someone's going to order from Amazon anyway, going through our link gives us the few cents,

and with everyone's orders, by the end of the year GALS has a tidy little sum! The first year we had abour $100 in commission...and that was with a couple hundred members! Now we have over 5,00 if all the purchasers used the Boutique link to Amazon, GALS would really benefit.

:hugs:

Barb

Barbara,

So do you mean that we do not get a percentage of the total sale from the link with Amazon? Is it really only a few cents for each time we make a purchase no matter how much we spend??

Hey, Jennifer!

I'd have to see who'd have the exact amount, but if I remember correctly it's very low, a few cents for each dollar spent.

But, over the course of a year, it adds up to a tidy little sum, in the hundred dollars range. Which is very nice!

If someone's going to order from Amazon anyway, going through our link gives us the few cents,

and with everyone's orders, by the end of the year GALS has a tidy little sum! The first year we had abour $100 in commission...and that was with a couple hundred members! Now we have over 5,00 if all the purchasers used the Boutique link to Amazon, GALS would really benefit.

:hugs:

Barb

Cool - I order from Amazon quite often throughout the year. I am assuming that this means any Amazon site? I used the Amazon UK site alot for my friends gifts in England. Thanks for letting us know this. :)

Cool - I order from Amazon quite often throughout the year. I am assuming that this means any Amazon site? I used the Amazon UK site alot for my friends gifts in England. Thanks for letting us know this. :)

As long as you enter Amazon through the link in the Boutique!

:wave:

• 2 weeks later...

I think the G-items are a great idea , if possible.

I'm 100% positive it will boost the funding for the website...

[/quot

Please PM me and tell me what the G-items is. I am very interested.

:wave: shirsan,

I believe Island Girl's referring to these...

DVD: We are putting together a dvd of the Vegas 2008 Con to sell for the GALS Charitable Foundation, with video from the event. Interested? Details here.

Bag: the bag is a light, non-woven material, that's 15" wide x 15.5" tall, with a strap that is approx. 12" deep. Price: $5.00 (this INCLUDES shipping) To order, see info in the Boutique.

Shirts: Interested in a T with the logo? Read more and take the Poll here.

:rose:

Barb

• 2 weeks later...

Catching up with my subscriptions, signed up for lifetime option....I hope!

hugs,

Anna X

Susan or Barbara, I thought this option was what I needed, an easy way to remember to send my monthly subscription, but it seems it is a once only payment.

I'll recommence the option I was using previously until I can figure this out. :bonk: subscription sent.

hugs,

Anna X

• 2 weeks later...

The pay form is VERY confusing. Every option says LIFETIME... but my contribution came up as expiring in 07'

I went ahead and made the contribution... but will I be notified to pay again when it expires... or is this a one time donation? :confused:

Swannie

From my observation, it seems my geriatric memory is more reliable than depending on a paypal subscription. Wish it were easier, but for me, one of my few remaining braincells is dedicated to remembering that on or before the 1st of each new month, I do this (quoting DrEm):

PAYPAL: Just go to the PayPal site and go to "Send Money," put drem@gerardbutlergals.com as the email address you're sending to, and donate the amount you want. (You DO need to set up an account first.)