Gerard Butler GALS

New Cover for One More Kiss-Amazon UK

Guest greyeyegoddess

Wow! Cashin' in on Gerry's newfound success.

I also had noticed a while back that The Jury covers are different, too. My 3 DVD set is yellow and does have a pic of Gerry, but not as prominent as the latest cover I've seen.

Thanks Alice!

I have the old "One More Kiss" DVD, it's funny how they totally changed it. I kind of like the new one more.

Uh, Gerry's name is bigger and more prominent - just like his "new found success". We may see lots of new covers of his old movies! Those movie people are NOT dumb (well, except for Lionsgate, that is!)

Suzie

Uh, Gerry's name is bigger and more prominent - just like his "new found success". We may see lots of new covers of his old movies! Those movie people are NOT dumb (well, except for Lionsgate, that is!)

Suzie

You said it, Suzie! :funnyface:

Excellent!!!! About time! Now if we can only get them to re-release Lucy Sullivan's Getting Married!!!!

They could so cash in on all of Gerry's hotness...lol

Excellent!!!! About time! Now if we can only get them to re-release Lucy Sullivan's Getting Married!!!!

They could so cash in on all of Gerry's hotness...lol

Amen, Poppy!!!

Anyone up for starting THAT petition?

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if there is any additional material in the new Special Edition DVD of One More Kiss????

If someone orders/receives the special edition please let us know.

P.S. Did everyone notice how the last "S" in the word kiss is inverted?

That's awesome! It's too bad I hate that film...

(this is why a student director takes the script and adapts it into what she believes the message should be...)

Thanks Alice for the new info! BTW....did anyone else read the comments on Amazon regarding this movie? Most thought it to be a very well made film with a good story to tell! I know a lot of you are really not crazy about it ....mostly because of the situation but I have to say that I have watched it several times now and each time I change my mind as to who is wrong and who is right...I think in the end Sam SHOULD have had his bags packed!! Although I did cry a lot toward the end...It's a real tear jerker! :confused: I found the opera to be the saddest part of the whole movie....but hauntingly beautiful at the same time.

:kisswink: Fran

Edited by ladyfran

I think that it is better to have a special edition out and I think the reason they put Gerry on the cover was so that the company that made the movie could get money...since 300 was a hit and they think it is the way to make it. So Gerry is a moneymaker for movie companies...don't see why LionsGate doesn't see it :confused:

Thanks Alice for the new info! BTW....did anyone else read the comments on Amazon regarding this movie? Most thought it to be a very well made film with a good story to tell! I know a lot of you are really not crazy about it ....mostly because of the situation but I have to say that I have watched it several times now and each time I change my mind as to who is wrong and who is right...I think in the end Sam SHOULD have had his bags packed!! Although I did cry a lot toward the end...It's a real tear jerker! :confused: I found the opera to be the saddest part of the whole movie....but hauntingly beautiful at the same time.

:kisswink: Fran

I think this movie was quite highly regarded when it was released. It was shot using entirely natural light and the images are wonderfully natural without artificial lighting of any kind. The director, Vadim Jean, is the one who is involved with the long awaited Burns.

The storyline is quite harrowing really and whenever I watch the movie I always feel sympathy for the character of Sam, a kind man caught in the middle of a situation in which there are no winners. I know everyone has their own take on what he should or shouldn't have done but basically he's too kind for his own good. JMO.

I'm pleased that Gerry's higher profile is being recognised by those who decide which movies to issue on dvd. We are the winners and although I wouldn't expect there to be any extras on this new issue I'd be interested to learn if there are if anyone decides to purchase it.

I actually loved this film. A good film should either inspire thought, emotion and/or discussion and this does all three. Notice how people either love or hate the film? There is no middle ground. That's because it makes you take stock of your life, your moral values, your mortality, etc. What would you do in Sarah's situation? In Sam's or the wife's?

At the beginning of the film I was on the wife's side. How can that b*tch just come back into his life and destroy his marriage? Then near the end I was thinking, if I was dying and had only a few weeks left would I really care about doing the "right" thing and being politically correct or would I do what my heart told me to do? If you only have a few weeks left you have to fit a whole lot of living in that small bit of time. The dialogue was amazing. You can tell the writer really sat down and thought about every characters point of view. Their words were so real. I don't even remember how many times I cried during this film.

I still remember some of Sarah's last words. Don't sleepwalk through life, live until the last moment, don't walk gently into that good night, fight the dying of the light.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a quick question. I'm planning on buying 3 new Gerry vids and this one (One More Kiss) is on my list along with Dear Frankie and Dracula. What in any of your opinions should I purchase first? I already have 300, Timeline and POTO. But I have seen Dear Frankie, TR2, Mrs. Brown, Reign of Fire. Please help me out! Thanks! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I've just re-read the description of the Special Edition dvd via the link on the first page of this thread. It seems there is a ton of extras on this particular release, including 11 deleted scenes - several of which have Gerry in them - so it might be worth further investigation. Just scroll down the Amazon page and read the first review for additional information. The review was added on 29th August.

edited to add: use the New Cover link on the first page.

Edited by patsyb

Further to my previous post I have more information regarding the Special Edition dvd for One More Kiss.

There are several extras, including 11 deleted scenes, director's commentary and other items. The link to discover more about this disc is below.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gerard-Butler-Vale...tals/B000R342PE

I purchased a copy myself and have now watched it. It is well worth the money. The disc is classed as Region 2 so unless the viewer has a region free dvd player there could be problems in watching the dvd in North America. I don't know if it would play on US computers but maybe someone else could advise.

When clicking on the link, scroll down the page for full details of the disc.

The link to purchase is just below the illustration of the disc cover.

Edited by patsyb