Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
zanyzombie

Beowulf and Grendel released on video in US.

Beowulf and Grendel released on video in US.

CofCC.org News Team

August 12, 2007

http://cofcc.org/

Thank you Hollywood! :thankyou:

The independent film, Beowulf and Grendel, has been released on video in the United States and available at your local video store.

Filmed in Iceland, and staring Scottish actor Gerard Butler, this film is based on the Anglo-Saxon epic poem Beowulf.

Beowulf is considered to be the greatest piece of literature in English history.

Gerard Butler also stars as King Leonidas in the major motion picture 300.

300 was also released on video in the United States this week.

Am I the only one confused by this information?

I've had Beowulf & Grendel on DVD since last year (just like most of us here I'm sure).

Is it now being released as a rental and that's why this is new news???

Oh well. It's publicity nonetheless.

Cheers!

Beowulf and Grendel is playtng on TV on Demand here on Long Island.Just rented it the other night even though I have the DVD.Watched it on demand anyway.

I think it means (maybe) is that it is being released on VHS (video). I know I questioned the story when I first read it because I've had the DVD for a long time and have bought several copies at Walmart and Target since it was released, for gifts and raffles and such. Do stores even sell VHS anymore?

I'm happy for those people who do not have dvd players. Now they can see this terrific movie on their VHS player. Someone was using their head and capitalizing on Gerry's success in "300" to sale more movies. I wish some of the movie channels on TV would pick up Beowulf and show the movie to a wider audience. Gerry was so good in Beowulf and the scenery was to die for. And they almost did.

Interesting news. I've also read elsewhere that the Region 2 dvd will be issued sometime in November for those who live in that region. I did buy the Region 1 but there are many in Europe who are unable to view that. It's looking quite positive inasmuch that there is obviously a demand for the VHS version or it would not be issued. It's all good.

its my understanding that beowulf as released as a release in blue ray disc........ and is the top prordered blue ray disc.... 300 is the top selling bluray disc yet....... ***of course i could be wrong on this *** the reg dvd disc has been available through amazon.com but wasnt it amazon UK??? which is weird since they wont even get region 2 now untill nov or dec.... they keep pushin that date back...???

Edited by nance