Gerard Butler GALS

8/19 - Shattered to Air on TNT

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

interestingly enough i just saw a commercial for a western type movie with russel crowe and it looked like christian bale..... of course from lionsgate films..... to be fully released... i never even heard of this film.... ???hmmm... another western???

interestingly enough i just saw a commercial for a western type movie with russel crowe and it looked like christian bale..... of course from lionsgate films..... to be fully released... i never even heard of this film.... ???hmmm... another western???

Yeah 3:10 to Yuma; they are throwing a lot of commercial air time behind it I have noticed. I just want to see how bad they have redone this movie; this was a classic that starred Glenn Ford, if I am not mistaken.

haaaaaaaaahaaaaa..i found myself yelling too..... my first thought was... ok what the heck has russel done lately ??? he has had his share of box office flubs... with 2... well received ...award nominated movies...... yea.... so????

here we have an actor riding on the coat tails of the record of sales in the new blue ray...... a huge box office success...... and a huge success in regular dvd sales.... and not only with just one gender but both..you cant get a much broader audience than that.... purchasing these or seeing it during its theatrical release...... so why wouldnt you send his next theatrical release to the big screen???? it baffles the mind.....truly

i do have one thing to add... it seems to me that the premise of the movie shattered... and i say premise loosley since i havent seen it, nor have i read a lot about it mainly because i wanted to be suprised..... but it sounds like it may be a bit like the movie that mel gibson himself starred in "ransom"

could this be a connection??? at this point who knows....... and im saddened and tired enough to say "who cares" how pathetic is that????

All the speculation is giving me a headache - but I do think that whatever "the rest of the story" may be it could make a really good movie!

Am I disappointed with how this was handled? Yup, I admit I am. But I'll make the best of it, watch it on TNT, DVR it, buy the DVD when it comes out and wait for December 21 and P.S. I Love You which I'm certain will be on the BIG screen! In the meantime Excedrin will deal with the headache. :bonk:

Also,one of the reasons that some people may perceive some "tip-toeing" in this thread is the mention of "politics" sends up red flags. GALS, in order to maintain a friendly place for Gerry fans to gather and share thoughts, does NOT allow sharing about true "political" issues because they get too controversial and confrontational very quickly. However, while some of the claims about "300" were truly of a political nature and therefore not fodder for discussion here , the situation involving Mel Gibson and the Hollywood machine, is more like "corporate" politics. As long as we avoid discussions about the particulars (since religion is another off-limits topic) we can speculate about what's happened to "Shattered" without crossing over any lines. But I feel that many are trying to find ways to voice their thoughts while sticking within the site guidelines and that may be what comes off as "tip toeing". As a site admin I am grateful that the members are being cautious about that.

This is just speculation.....but do you think it could have something to do with Gerrys car accident????? I guess I'm just reaching at straws huh?

:confused: Fran

Which one Fran? The one that happened on the set during filming or the one he had when he was on his way to meet with the President of 20th Century Fox?

Hmmm...the only possible reason I can see that the accident on the set could play a part is if there was a personal injury lawsuit that had a settlement based on percentage of profits from the film. No distribution, no profits, no payments. I know that studios have done shady things many times with films to keep them from showing a profit if they had contracts with any of the principals (actors, director, etc.) which had a percentage of profit clause. Big name actors now request a percentage of GROSS rather than NET because studios have a way of running soooooo many things through as "costs" in order to not show a profit when they don't want to share it.

Wow, there are so many theories......and all of them could be valid.

Whatever the reason, I am thankful that I get to see this film so much earlier than I originally anticipated. And, we all know that Gerry is going on to bigger and better things. :drink:

Wasn't there alot of speculation over about "3:10 to Yuma" being withheld from release also? I seem to remember hearing that it was going straight to DVD and now it's getting theatrical release. Maybe Lionsgate had to choose 1 for release?????

I am watching LOTR ROTK on TNT right now and they just had an ad for next weekends movie...Shattered starring TOM BERENGER!!! NOT the Shattered with Gerry!!! :doh:

So what gives with TNT's information??? :confused:

Edited by Scorpio613

:bonk:

Many of us wondered about Shattered being on TNT...

it may be a mix-up, and if it is, it's their information...

TNT is the one that released the info on their schedule, and in the 'synopsis' have it as the

Brosnan/Bello/Butler film...

IF it turns out the Shattered that runs isn't Gerry's, then the mis-information was from TNT's Programming Department.

Ah, well, it will be available for purchase at the end of the year on DVD, so at least we have that to look forward to!

:confused:

Ok now I am really confused...they just showed another very brief commercial and they showed GERRY'S Shattered!!!

WTF is going in with TNT??? :confused:

Edited by Scorpio613

i just saw the same ticker.... what the heck is going on with this movie.... its insane..... tnt hasnt answered any emails nor their forum board....... how could information get this screwed up????? and whats with lionsgate they dont want to speak about their movie either ?????

Someone at TNT messed up with placing the wrong promo...

I just did a search, and posted the official Press Release from TNT about The World Premiere on Shattered on TNT, find it here

and at the end of the press release...

it says...

TNT a Time Warner Company...

ah,

so that's why they are running it...

Warner!

I just saw the same promos again...one at the bottom of the screen showing Shattered wiith Tom Berenger and one during a commerical showing Gerry's Shattered! :stars:

So which is it??? :confused:

Becozy: Someone at TNT messed up big time! :boink:

Edited by Scorpio613

Just more of the weirdness surrounding this movie.

What I want to know is.........

Where the fook is Rod Serling??????

Swannie, you made my night.I fell out of my chair laughing and that can be dangerous.!!

:hugs: Peggy