Gerard Butler GALS

"Love Letters from the Lair"

Swansong

Just making a quick appearance in here to let my Lair Ladies know I haven't deserted you for good...my life just hasn't been my own the past week, and the time flies by so quickly while I'm away..Beautiful poem, Swannie..yes, I've read it and wept before..so touching! And just when I think you ladies couldn't possibly come up with any more new pics to share..there they are..it seems the supply is endless, and that makes me very happy, knowing that I can always pop in here, even for just a few minutes, and get my "Erik Fix"!!

Sally, my prayers are with you and your husband in this difficult time..please keep us posted on what is happening...

My love to all of you; I'll check in whenever I can, which will NEVER be often enough! *sigh* I'm always here in spirit, but sometimes that's just not enough..

Phannie

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lair sistahs. Just stopped in to say Hi and also needed a POTO fix myself. I don't know why I've been in a POTO mood this past few days ...which splains the new sig! Maybe cause Peggy had me playing around with our Phine looking Phantom for a day or so.... Manipping I mean!

Sally I just want to add my prayers too. I believe in the power of prayer and with positive thinking. I'm sure there will be plenty of that coming from this site... Please keep us posted.

And now my Lovely Lair sistahs....{{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you all cause I got nothing else to give....BTW, Swannie ....your poem is magnifico!

Ladyfran of the Lair 'Mistress of the Masters Cherished Violin'

Posted Image

Edited by ladyfran

Sally here checking in. I want to thank you all 'Lair Sisters' so much for all your prayers and positive thoughts. I will have a better understanding after We see the doctor on Tuesday. Then, I can give an update. You have been so kind. My husband is stunned at how you all hold each other up when a Sister is down or in trouble. He sends his thanks too. Until Tuesday, we are just hanging in there. His surgery went well and he is trying to take it easy.

Sending my love to each of you. Posted Image

Sally

Music box Fairy~ Keeper of His brave and daring soul

Posted Image

Edited by cybrsal

I'm feeling rather blue tonight...

Keeper of his brave and daring soul

Posted Image

Sally

Edited by cybrsal

Hey Sweet Sal! You are not alone....I saw your post early this morning...but my dial-up went out before I could respond....just know that I was thinking about you... praying and sending positive thoughts your way....these are scary times for you and your honey...it's okay to feel blue...I feel blue for you...but you have wonderful friends here who do care about you....Love....

Sally,

I hope you are feeling better today. Waiting for news of further treatment for your

husband must be torture. I just want you to know that I, too, have been praying

for both of you to have the courage that you will need to fight this demon.

I hope you find some comfort here in the Lair as it is such a wonderful place to

find love and peace.

God Bless,

Judy

Judith of the Lair, Keeper of the Innocents

and Guardian of the Royal Pug

Posted Image

Hey Sweet Sal! You are not alone....I saw your post early this morning...but my dial-up went out before I could respond....just know that I was thinking about you... praying and sending positive thoughts your way....these are scary times for you and your honey...it's okay to feel blue...I feel blue for you...but you have wonderful friends here who do care about you....Love....

Welcome back to The Lair, Debrasue! Lovely to see you paying a visit. I have a migraine today, so not much going on here. I'm on my Gerry soap box again.... please everyone, just tell me to step away from the computer, before someone gets hurt! Hahahahah....

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1092502

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Welcome back to The Lair, Debrasue! Lovely to see you paying a visit. I have a migraine today, so not much going on here. I'm on my Gerry soap box again.... please everyone, just tell me to step away from the computer, before someone gets hurt! Hahahahah....

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1092502

Swannie

I'm usually pretty fearless...but I have a lot more sense and respect than to tell Swann to 'stand down' LOL!...esp. where Ger is concerned....you rule when you're on the G-box....

PS...Hope this migraine passes quickly....

Hey Swannie, I for one won't tell you to step away. Matter of fact, do ya need me to build ya a taller G-box? Hope the migraine leaves quickly.

Sally, have the blues gone away any? I'll help you chase them away. Huggles to John!

Hello Fellow Ladies of the Lair!

I found this today in my perusal of You Tube and it reminded me of the reason why we've grown so attached to Erik through the moving voice of Gerard, brings me near tears every time I hear it. Hope you Ladies enjoy.

Greetings to all the Fair Lairs Out Thair,

I am glad to back on the site as I had a little problem and wasn't able to post anything. I just recently returned from a wonderful vacation but missed the site. Thank you Iliessa for the posting. I just went into to view the Music of the Night. The pictures along with his voice was so beautiful. It made me want to go pop in the movie but decided not to as it is so late. I did just buy the double disc while on vacation and actually took the time to watch it. I already had the single disc and actually like the single disc version better with the exception of one poor edit job. I actually bought the double disc for the special features that I haven't had a chance to watch yet but am looking forward to it.

Also looking forward to getting my new Lair name so that I may become part of this wonderful Lair Sisterhood......... :D

Tojo

Swannie,

I just had a chance to read the letter you wrote to Gerry regarding the critics and all I have to say is YOU GO GIRL!!! As far as I'm concerned, I almost never listen to what the critics have to say because I have found that most of them don't know a really good movie when they see one and usually the ones they have such high praise for have I believe the word is fookin, well they just fookin' suck. I feel better now.......Oh, and for those of you who haven't read Swannie's book yet, if you can read it. She gives so much more insight to the whole phantom story and puts so much more life into it. I swear you can't put it down. I took my copy that I printed up on the plane with me while I was on vacation this last week and I just wanted to go back and read it again and again. I think I will just go and do that very thing. Sweet Dreams all :wave:

Tojo

Oh Ili, that vid was wonderful! I don't normaly go for slide shows but all the pics were made with obvious love and care for Erik. Too bad I don't know how to screen cap from youtube! some of those would be awesome pics for the Lair.

Posted Image to the Lair Tojo! I'm sure that our wonderful Swannie will come up with a perfect name for you.

Deb~Erik's Steadfast Warrior~Protector of His Ring~Writer of Love Letters

Posted Image

Oh Ili, that vid was wonderful! I don't normaly go for slide shows but all the pics were made with obvious love and care for Erik. Too bad I don't know how to screen cap from youtube! some of those would be awesome pics for the Lair.

Posted Image to the Lair Tojo! I'm sure that our wonderful Swannie will come up with a perfect name for you.

Thank you Knight Phantom for the very nice Welcome. Swannie and I have already been talking about my Lair name. Just waiting to see what she comes up with.....

Tojo :D

Deb~Erik's Steadfast Warrior~Protector of His Ring~Writer of Love Letters

Posted Image

Glad you GALS liked it. I know it made me just about cry.

We get Lair names?? Swannieeeee I want a Lair name too pllleeaasseee! *pleading kitty eyes*

Here is the deal about Lair names. Although I will no longer be able to post the icons on the first two main posts of the Lair threads (due to band width issues), I am more than happy to help anyone select a Lair name and icon, which you may add to all your posts here.

I just need to know a little about you. If you could give a gift, talent or wish to Erik.... something of you, what would it be? Once you give me that info, I have TONS of graphics for icons.

Just let me know!

Swannie

Swansong GAL: Lady of the Lair,

'Guardian of the Master's Dreams'

And Willing OCPA Sufferer

Posted Image

Deb,

In order to scree cap from you tube the only thing you have to do is stop the video on the pic you want and then use whatever program to capture the window, crop it down and WALLA! You have pictures!

Swannie I'll send a PM regarding that info. Thanks again!

Posted ImageTo the Lair Tojo

Swannie will chose the perfect name and icon for you.She has many beautiful icons as you can see here in the lair.And of course you already know how nice it is here.I for one love coming here.

Mistress of His Roses

Posted Image Peggy

Posted ImageTo the Lair Tojo

Swannie will chose the perfect name and icon for you.She has many beautiful icons as you can see here in the lair.And of course you already know how nice it is here.I for one love coming here.

Thank you chachababy, what a wonderful welcome. This is by far my favorite site to come to. I finally watched the special features disc of how the Phantom came to fruition, it was so fascinating and I loved the interviews they did with all the stars especially Gerry. It gives you a whole new perspective on how you view the movie and how many extremely talented people it took to make it. If you don't have the double disc dvd, I highly recommend it.

Tojo :wave:

Mistress of His Roses

Posted Image Peggy

{{This is my take of the new Emmy Rossum song, Slow me down. I found the lyrics to be so appropriate so I'm working them into a letter written to Erik.}}

Scene: Christine is trying to explain to Erik all of the overwhelming feelings he's brought to her in their time together since the fire in the theatre. She's budding into a woman very quickly under his tutelage. She sees him as her guiding force and is beginning to feel like she'll never be able to express to him the fullness of life that he's given to her. She dashes off a note, leaves it on his piano on top of his newest masterpiece and goes to throw herself into dance to try and compensate for the unrest and worry she feels about not giving him back as much as he gives to her.

My Beloved Erik,

My Precious Master, My Exquisite Tutor.

Save Me, Slow me down...

I feel I must get this out before I become mindless with worry.

My head and my heart are colliding chaotic, rushing and racing and

running in circles, moving so fast I'm forgetting my purpose,

The purpose to serve you...

I'm falling apart. Tell me, Catch me, Slow me down...

The pace of the world I just wish I could stop it, blur of the laissez-faire

is sending me spinning, I feel I'm getting nowhere, sometimes I fear that

I might disappear. Just show me how, I need you to slow me down...

Take my hand and lead me, don't let me live a lie. Don't let love pass me by

I pray you, show me how, because I'm ready to fall.

Save me, before my life flies by.

Somehow in the blur of this, I grow concerned I fail you, I falter again,

forgetting to breathe, I need to sleep, Just need to breathe, Protect me while I sleep.

M'lord I beseech you, please, slow me down...

All that I've missed I see in the reflection, pass me while I wasn't paying attention

Tired of rushing, racing and running, I'm falling apart, and yet for just one word of tenderness from your lips, I feel I can breathe, for just one caress, I feel I can sleep.

Take my hand, and guide me, teach me, show me...

Please, My Love....Slow me down

As Always Your Pliable Pupil

~Christine~

Edited by Iliessa

Hmmm, I might have to hear this song. I have been seeing blurbs on the net, but haven't listened yet. Wonder if maybe Emmy channeled a bit of Christine to Erik when she sang it.

Deb,

It's in this topic thread that was started by our own Swannie!

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...c=14899&hl=

http://music.aol.com/video/slow-me-down/emmy-rossum/1974295

Here are the lyrics

Slow Me Down

Emmy Rossum

rushing and racing and running in circles

moving so fast I'm forgetting my purpose

blur of the traffic is sending me spinning

getting nowhere

my head and my heart are colliding chaotic

pace of the world I just wish I could stop it

Try to appear like I've got it together

I'm falling apart

save me

somebody take my hand and lead me

slow me down

don't let love pass me by

just show me how

cause I'm ready to fall

slow me down

don't let me live a lie

before my life flies by

I need you to slow me down

sometimes I fear that I might disappear

in the blur of fast forward I falter again

forgetting to breathe

I need to sleep

I'm getting nowhere

all that I've missed I see in the reflection

pass me while I wasn't paying attention

tired of rushing, racing and running

I'm falling apart

tell me

oh won't you take my hand and lead me

slow me down

don't let love pass me by

just show me how

cause I'm ready to fall

slow me down

don't let me live a lie

before my life flies by

i need you to slow me down

just show me

i need you to slow me down

slow me down

slow me down

the noise of the world is getting me caught up

chasing the clock and i wish i could stop it

just need to breathe

somebody please

slow me down

still have this killer migraine but popped in for a minute. The first time I heard Emmy sing that song, I thought she could have written it with Gerry in mind. Sounds like it could be his life.

Emmy's getting a lot of criticism for changing her style of singing for this CD, but I love these lush jazz based vocals. I used to sing a great acapella ensemble, and we performed lots of songs with layered vocals and lush chords.... listening to Emmy's song reminds me of those days, and I think her voice sounds incredible. BTW, she wrote all the songs on this CD, and she is singing every voice of the layered vocals. She said in her blog, that she is still very good friends with Gerry, and that he was the first person she played her "working copy" of the CD for.

Okay.... must get out of the light.

Swannie