Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
LADY ALEXANDRIA

TEAM BURNS - RT BURNS

:wave::wave:

Hello all I am Lady Alexandria and I would like to tell you a wee about Team Burns that Rosemarie and I have started. To share our love, passion for a Future Gerard Film Role:

Born in Alloway, Ayrshire, in 1759 to William Burness, a poor tenant farmer, and Agnes Broun, Robert Burns was the eldest of seven.It was at this tender age of 15 that Burns penned his first verse, "My Handsome Nell", which was an ode to the other subjects that dominated his life, namely scotch and women. This group of Burns Passion Lovers have been know as TEAM BURNS and is dedicated to a future Burns Movie with Scottish Actor Gerard Butler in the lead - a role he was born to play. A dream can become a reality. Handsome Gerard Butler with his velvety voice and commanding screen appeal will surely bring the legend of poet Robert Burns to life. Who better to play the role of Scotland's national Bard than Scotland's own Gerard Butler. Come join us as we explore the role of a lifetime for actor Gerard Butler. Another Grand Adventure to take us on the rides of our lives and another journey to embark on with Gerry!!!! From the new King of Fans article: One project Butler hopes to take on next year is a biopic of the Scottish poet Robert Burns. "It is a project I am passionate about, and though it has been a struggle to get financing, it is my full intention to make it," he says. After the premiere of "300," King Leonidas is more likely than ever to get his way.

Here is a link to Team Burns, where we share, laughter, friendship and a common passion for Robert Burns:

http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/vine/journal_...nalid=100004715

Hugs

Lady Alexandria :D

I thought I would add this:

As many of you know of my Scottish background and my family Heritage with the Grant Clan, well this brings out what we had sent to Gerard to start our Burns Journey.

For over 100 years this wonderful Burns book as been passed down through the generations and it passed to me by my Grandfather who told me before he died, to pass it along to a special person who is kind of heart and kind of soul, he made me swear to do it as his last dying wish. He said it has to go to a person who is full of dreams and a soul that touches others at it travels through life, well to me that is Gerard, he has touches so many and continues to touch so many.

My Great Great Grandfather had it with him all during the first World War and he said it kept him sane all through the death and madness of the war, it has seen many a battlefield all through Europe and he prized it above even his cigarettes. He read from it as one of his fellow soliders lay dying on the battle field and held his hand to ease his suffering, so the book as been many places and has been help near to many people's heart in my family and it was sent to Gerard from all of us at Team Burns.

It just seemed the right thing to do and to get us rolling to begin this wonderful Burns Journey together.

The book is 177 years old and I have read it many times as a child and held great wonder in my eyes.

It is published in 1830 Volume 11 - Poetical Works Of Robert Burns

We had a special person get it to Gerard since the book is very Rare and old and we want to make sure he gets it.

We also sent along a Cuban Cigar to toast his success to "300" and what a picture that would make to see Gerard smoking his cigar reading the Burns Book.

Thank you all from Team Burns for making this the start of a wonderful Journey together!!!!

Please check out RT Burns for our Poetry Contest winners:

Alexandria

:wave:

Fantastic site Lady Alexandria :wave: and what a 'Gesture' I'm sure Gerard James Butler will appreciate the trust you've put in him to care for that precious peice of literature and he will be deeply touched, who wouldn't....?WOW!

:wave:

xmargx

We also sent along a Cuban Cigar to toast his success to "300" and what a picture that would make to see Gerard smoking his cigar reading the Burns Book.

and there go everybody's efforts to try and persuade him to quit smoking... LOL

sorry i'm just joking i think you did a wonderful thing sending him the book

BRAVISSIMO !!!

THE LEGACY OF ROBERT BURNS IS THE DESTINY OF GERARD JAMES BUTLER !!!

DLSPBS - LADY PAT :rose:

Thank you all. I must admit that Scotland and Robert Burns is indeed in my blood and I am proud of it!!!!

Please check out the poetry winners over at RT Burns:

Here are the results of the Poetry Contest, congratulations to you all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1st - Are You A Scot - Jan Morell

2nd - Enough Is Enough - Linda Mackintosh

3rd - Love Rose-Then - Fell Janis Bonner

4th - Perpetual Caledonia - Beth

5th - From The Heart Of My Soul - Deborah Ann Barnum

6th - Och! My Lad - Eloise

7th - Auld Lang Syne In Greenock - Kathy

Winner of Special Scots Dialect Poem

---------------------------------------

8th - Lament O' A Lover O' Trees - Peigi McCann

Other Prize Winning Poems:

-------------------------------------------------

An Interesting Face - Karen Richmond

A Sheeny Dew On A Sprig O' Pine - Lynn Ennis Iozzo

Sonnet - Merry Gonsalves

A Soul's Reply - Ruby

Longing - Kami

A Day Of Love - Kath

What Makes You Think of Scotland - Lisa W

Untitled - Terra

I Never Left Your Side - Rachel Lovern

As we said before, all the entrants are winners and it was hard to choose,

Some had other entries that might have won again, but to be fair David chose the best one from each persons entries, to give more people a chance of a prize. I am sure he would gladly give you all an explanation as to his choices if you contacted him at david@robertburns.plus.com

Here was the prize listing:

1ST BURNS RT POETRY CONTEST ( Competition) PRIZE RECAP:

1) Rosemarie has donated $ 250.00 as a CASH PRIZE ****** --------****** WINNER****** - JAN Morell

2 Mr. Jackson - Jacko Productions - book out of his own ( Working on Burns Film)

collection called "The Poems and Songs of Robert Burns."

3) The Globe Edition -Poems Songs and Letters Being The complete Works of Robert Burns Macmillan and Co. 1875 - Alexandria's Donation

4) NickBicanic - Two signed Shadow Company Posters ( director Shadow Company Documentary)

5) TFL 20 trees dedicated to whomever the winner wishes - Rosemarie - In Beautiful Scotland - Conservation Forest In Scotland - Trees For Life ********--WINNERS *********- Linda Mackintosh - 10 trees

Peigi McCann - 5 trees

6) A CD "Ye Banks and Braes, Folksongs to touch the heart" - Donated By Kathy

They are mainly Scottish, English and Irish with a couple of African-American and Waltzing Matilda thrown in at the end. Two of the songs, Ye Banks and Braes and Ca' the Yowes are by Robert Burns.

7) A sterling silver Celtic knot ring (the only size they had was an 8 but a ring guard can be gotten by the winner to make it smaller if necessary). A sterling silver Celtic knot pendant and sterling silver chain. - Donated by AngelRose (tense)

8) Dougie MacLean signed CD - Dougie MacLean is one of Scotland's most successful, respected and popular musicians.

Singer, Songwriter, Composer and 'magical' Performer, he is also a fine guitarist and fiddle player.

9) & 10) A framed print of the Scots pine and the Loch Ness Monster - Donated by: Peigi - ******Two separate prizes ******

11) CD from Hugh Morrison - Scottish Born Musician - http://hughmorrison.co.uk/main/index.php

12) ROBERT BURNS: THE TINDER HEART- In depth book about Robert Burns' life - by fellow Scot, Hugh Douglas - Donated By: Janet (Morganathered)

13) Gorgeous book about Scotland (some of the most beautiful photogaphy I have ever seen, and it covers the entire country). It's huge, about 12-14 inches long x about 10-11 inches wide x 1 inch thick it's hard cover with additional glossy cover, and is just beautiful. It has an exerpt from one of Robert Burns poems on the back of the book. Donated by - Tense Smith (AngelRose)

14) American songwriter/singer/entertainer Gerard Kenny a signed

cd by him as a prize. He has written songs for Barry Manilow and for many people and has had television shows and awards. It is signed To the Burns Competition All the Best Gerard Kenny.

Donated by Rose

15) A Wonderful Robert Burns Recording - This Is A Must Have For Any Burns

Fan

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j8/annie...eyRecording.jpg

- Donated by Merry

********************************************************************************

The two below will be posted this weekend!!!

These two prizes will be for the Poets who DO NOT WIN in the Main Competition and the NON - WINNERS will have their names dropped in a hat and they will have a chance to win these TWO PRIZES:

1) A heavy old brass souvenir spoon that is in excellent condition with a nice patina. It is 4 inches long and the bowl is 2 inches in diameter. The handle is a bust of Robert Burns and the bowl shows the interior of his cottage in Alloway, Ayrshire, United Kingdom. It is on the banks of Bonnie Doon, Scotland. Robert Burns was born into a farming family at Alloway in Ayrshire.

2) Robert Burns & his landmarks on a Scottish linen tea towel, in mint condition- it measures 30.5" by 21" .

Thanks to all!!!

Alexandria

:wave: Team Burns arrives!

And in style with these wonderful winners of the poetry contest. :claphands:

Congrats to all the ladies! :claphands:

Alex, why don't you have a Burnsian Poetry contest here? :pointy:

All in favor say Yes! :claphands:

:claphands: Welcome to GALS and truly I mean it! :claphands:

Let the GALS have a chance for some more Burnsian prose! :D

Great to see you here. I'll be back! It is GREAT to have TEAM ROBERT BURNS here! :wave:

Janet "the Other Scot" :lolita:

{quote name='LADY ALEXANDRIA' post='1080604' date='Sep 1 2007, 08:47 PM']Thank you all. I must admit that Scotland and Robert Burns is indeed in my blood and I am proud of it!!!!

Sonnet - Merry Gonsalves

A Soul's Reply - Ruby

Longing - Kami

A Day Of Love - Kath

Untitled - Terra

Some had other entries that might have won again, but to be fair David chose the best one from each persons entries, to give more people a chance of a prize. I am sure he would gladly give you all an explanation as to his choices if you contacted him at david@robertburns.plus.com

1) Rosemarie has donated $ 250.00 as a CASH PRIZE ****** --------****** WINNER****** - JAN Morell

2 Mr. Jackson - Jacko Productions - book out of his own ( Working on Burns Film)

3) The Globe Edition -Poems Songs and Letters Being The complete Works of Robert Burns Macmillan and Co. 1875 - Alexandria's Donation

4) NickBicanic - Two signed Shadow Company Posters ( director Shadow Company Documentary)

5) TFL 20 trees dedicated to whomever the winner wishes - Rosemarie - In Beautiful Scotland - Conservation Forest In Scotland - Trees For Life ********--WINNERS *********- Linda Mackintosh - 10 trees

Peigi McCann - 5 trees

They are mainly Scottish, English and Irish with a couple of African-American and Waltzing Matilda thrown in at the end. Two of the songs, Ye Banks and Braes and Ca' the Yowes are by Robert Burns.

7) A sterling silver Celtic knot ring (the only size they had was an 8 but a ring guard can be gotten by the winner to make it smaller if necessary). A sterling silver Celtic knot pendant and sterling silver chain. - Donated by AngelRose (tense)

8) Dougie MacLean signed CD - Dougie MacLean is one of Scotland's most successful, respected and popular musicians.

Singer, Songwriter, Composer and 'magical' Performer, he is also a fine guitarist and fiddle player.

9) & 10) A framed print of the Scots pine and the Loch Ness Monster - Donated by: Peigi - ******Two separate prizes ******

11) CD from Hugh Morrison - Scottish Born Musician - http://hughmorrison.co.uk/main/index.php

12) ROBERT BURNS: THE TINDER HEART- In depth book about Robert Burns' life - by fellow Scot, Hugh Douglas - Donated By: Janet (Morganathered)

13) Gorgeous book about Scotland (some of the most beautiful photogaphy I have ever seen, and it covers the entire country). It's huge, about 12-14 inches long x about 10-11 inches wide x 1 inch thick it's hard cover with additional glossy cover, and is just beautiful. It has an exerpt from one of Robert Burns poems on the back of the book. Donated by - Tense Smith (AngelRose)

cd by him as a prize. He has written songs for Barry Manilow and for many people and has had television shows and awards. It is signed To the Burns Competition All the Best Gerard Kenny.

Donated by Rose

Fan

- Donated by Merry

********************************************************************************

These two prizes will be for the Poets who DO NOT WIN in the Main Competition and the NON - WINNERS will have their names dropped in a hat and they will have a chance to win these TWO PRIZES:

1) A heavy old brass souvenir spoon that is in excellent condition with a nice patina. It is 4 inches long and the bowl is 2 inches in diameter. The handle is a bust of Robert Burns and the bowl shows the interior of his cottage in Alloway, Ayrshire, United Kingdom. It is on the banks of Bonnie Doon, Scotland. Robert Burns was born into a farming family at Alloway in Ayrshire.

2) Robert Burns & his landmarks on a Scottish linen tea towel, in mint condition- it measures 30.5" by 21" .

Thanks to all!!!

Alexandria[/quote}

:wave: Team Burns arrives!

And in style with these wonderful winners of the poetry contest. :claphands:

Congrats to all the ladies! :claphands:

Alex, why don't you have a Burnsian Poetry contest here? :pointy:

All in favor say Yes! :claphands:

:claphands: Welcome to GALS and truly I mean it! :claphands:

Let the GALS have a chance for some more Burnsian prose! :D

Great to see you here. I'll be back! It is GREAT to have TEAM ROBERT BURNS here! :wave:

Janet "the Other Scot" :lolita:

{quote name='LADY ALEXANDRIA' post='1080604' date='Sep 1 2007, 08:47 PM']Thank you all. I must admit that Scotland and Robert Burns is indeed in my blood and I am proud of it!!!!

Sonnet - Merry Gonsalves

A Soul's Reply - Ruby

Longing - Kami

A Day Of Love - Kath

Untitled - Terra

Peigi McCann - 5 trees

Donated by Rose

Fan

- Donated by Merry

Thanks to all!!!

Alexandria[/quote}

[/quote}

Thanks Alexandria, for posting all the information on GALS about Team Burns, for those who may not have seen the RT Site.

The contest was wonderful and i am so proud of everyone who entered, god knows how David

could choose quite frankly, all entrants deserved a prize and the poems will make a gorgeous book for Gerard to read.

Thank you Janet for your good wishes, we are all behind you. :claphands:

Love Rose

Hi Team Burns on GALS,

I thought you might like to know that at least one poem from all the entrants in our Burns Poetry

Contest has had the honour of being put up on Burnsian Expert David Sibbald's site. All the links

can be found on the above RT page, with all the prize winners and lots of Robert Burns facts to enjoy,

in preparation for our gorgeous Gerard to play his passion project and the role he was born to play, not forgetting our other favourites of course. :pant:

Thank you for all your support. :claphands::claphands::claphands:

Love Rose

I am crying as I write this. What a wonderful gesture of friendship to Gerry! He must know how lucky he is to have such a dedicated fan base! I am hoping that Gerry will get this project off the ground as he did with Beowulf. You are so right when you say that he is a perfect actor to play the role of Robert Burns! Isn't it wonderful that the more exposure Gerry gets, the closer this project comes to fruition! Reading poetry is a lost art in this age of computers. I sometimes think I was born in the wrong century as I love poetry from books. Thank for speaking for all of us with your gift!

LADY ALEXANDER -

HOW VERY NICE TO SEE YOU HAVE TRAVELED

" THE TIMELINE " FROM GB.NET TO GALS

IN SPREADING THE WORD FOR ROBERT BURNS !!!

WE ARE INDEED " ALL CONNECTED "

DLSPBS - LADY PAT :rose:

THE LEGEND OF ROBERT BURNS IS THE LEGACY OF GERARD BUTLER !!!

Please everyone check out this link:

http://www.robertburns.plus.com/news10.htm and the lovely message from David Sibbald and a wonderful poem.

ENJOY!!!!!

Hugs

Alexandria

Hi Alexandria,

Thank you for putting that lovely message from David Sibbald to all the poetry

girls here on GALS, it was nice to have a poem dedicated to us all wasn't it?

I just wanted to say today is David Sibbald's birthday, 18th September, if anyone would

like to leave him a message at his site, i am sure he would love it.

www.robertburns.plus.com

Thank you.

Love Rose

We have another exciting Team Burns interview in the works for all of you:

********Screenwriter: Alan Sharp**********

Mob Films - Burns Film - This film is in development. Filming may begin in Spring 2008.

I have been in contact with Alan Sharp via email and he has agreed to answer any questions to do with the SCREENWRITING PROCESS!!!!!

So please I think we will again set a limit of 20 total questions and I will send them off to Alan Sharp and post the replies here on RT Burns Only!!!!

So Team Burns let's get our thinking caps on and get some great questions to do with SCREENWRITING for Mr. Sharp.

ALAN SHARP (Writer) had the opportunity to explore the story of one of his native Scotland's greatest heroes with the screenplay for ROB ROY.

Early in his career, he distinguished himself as a noted screenwriter of American Westerns, although most were written before he'd ever stepped foot in America. Among the Westerns he scripted are Robert Aldrich's "Ulzana's Raid", Peter Fonda's "The Hired Hand" and Ted Kotcheff's "Billy Two Hats".

He found equal success in other genres, writing the screenplays for Sam Peckinpah's final film "The Osterman Weekend", based on Robert Ludlum's bestseller, Arthur Penn's psychological thriller "Night Moves" and Richard Fleischer's "The Last Run". His additional credits include "Damnation Alley", "Cat Chaser" and the cable telefilms "Descending Angel" and "The Last Hit". Sharp also wrote and directed the film "Little Treasure".

Sharp was born in Alyth, Scotland and raised in the tough Scottish port town of Greenock. At the age of 14, he followed in his father's footsteps, becoming a shipyard worker. Four years later, he enlisted in the army.

After his discharge, he began his writing career as a novelist, although his first book was five years in the making. The time turned out to be well spent, as it resulted in the award-winning A Green Tree in Gedde, which established Sharp as a major literary newcomer. He confirmed the promise of that first book with his second tome, The Wind Shifts, before turning his attention to writing screenplays.

We will post all details here ----

Team Burns we have only just begun!!!!!

Just email me your questions to : shoryski@shaw.ca

Have an awesome day Team Burns!!!!!

Alexandria & Rose :claphands:

Just to keep you all in the loop the David Sibbald interview will be up in a wee while, we have had over 20 questions sent to either Rosemarie or myself and we thank you all and to read the interview keep your eye out here:

Thank you all as well over at RT Burns we are well over 43, 000 views now

Hugs and thanks all

Alexandria

Lady Alexandria that was a beautiful reading. I myself love Burns and always have. I learned a lot more reading this and it was wonderful thanks for sharing Betts

Hi Alex,

Thank you for putting the interview here for the GALS. It was a wonderful wasn't it? The girls did us proud with their questions and the answers were amazing from David, we all know a lot more

now. :claphands:

I look forward to the Alan Sharp interview too, thank you for arranging that for RT, another

super interview for sure. It is lovely to connect everyone with so many special people, we need to get as many people behind Gerard as Robert Burns as we can and get our cause spread far and wide,

so by next year everyone will be saying the names Gerard Butler is Robert Burns.

Love Rose

Rose, the interview really blew me away because so much thought and passion was given in ever answer David gave. It is a rare treat to have such a Burns Scholar as David Sibbald answer questions for us.

He really brings Burns to life for all of us.

Bravo to you Rose for all your hard work and to David for spending so much time to answer our questions about Burns.

This is a must see interview no doubt about it.

Thank you

Hugs

Alexandria

There is some wonderful information from Janet about 'Ca Ira' posted by her yesterday on RT, if anyone would like to see it. By the time the film is made we will have a great knowledge of Robert Burns, thanks to Janet and David Sibbald and we wish to thank them

very much. :claphands::claphands::claphands:

Love Rose

http://www.spottydogg.com/Phpbb2plus/phpBB...f4800f0c12bce49

Hi Team Burns,

Some of you may remember, when we started RT Burns a long while back,

our idea was to get as many people together to help spread the word for a Robert Burns film to be made with Gerard, as possible. Hence trying to bring in some wonderful Scottish people too, with a high profile.

David was one and he graciously accepted to help us, alongside Andrew McDiarmid and Prof. Purdie and also

a Rock Band called Spotty Dogg, they were brought to our attention by Ruby and i must say they are super guys and were so helpful and wanted to join in with making a Burns Tribute Song for 2009. Alan told me yesterday they had made an interview on the radio, to be aired in December i think, where they mention this and our efforts, I was amazed, and thank you Alan and Jamie for that unexpected mention, we are honoured.

Part of the interview is on their site now for download, which i have linked above. Apart from the pleasure of hearing them, you are going to love those accents girls, i can detect a little of the old Gerard voice in there, they explain their music and really come across as lovely guys. I hope you will enjoy listening to it as much as i did, they deserve our support and i cannot believe the effort they are putting into this Burns song, it is going to be amazing, this is not Rock as they can do everything, this is full blown scottish emotion with bagpipes, choirs etc and i cannot wait to hear the finished product. I really take my hat off to them.

So many super people are coming together for this, which is what Alex and i always wanted, the more people spread the word on all levels the better, so when a film gets made it is going to be so anticipated and talked about and we hope the whole of Scotland especially, will be behind Gerard on this one, that has always been our wish from the beginning and we will carry on at Team Burns making this come true with all the wonderful support and love we have here.

Please give the boys your support because i think they are just lovely, well you will hear that for yourselves.

Enjoy.

Love Rose

Rose,

Thanks for posting this info about the lads at Spotty Doggs, it is amazing and an honor to have us mentioned by them

I look forward to the Burns Tribute song when it is finished, it will be great.

From the very beginning RT Burns and Team Burns have tried to connect people from all corners of the world to share their love and passion for all things Burns and for a future Gerard role in a Burns Film.

I can see we have attracted many facinating people who are so willing to share their talents and knowledge with all of us -----that is what it is all about ---Team Work!!!!

Team Burns supports the lads all the way

Hugs

Alexandria

Yes Alex,

It is amazing how many people are taking this to heart and doing everything they can to help. I think it is wonderful that Spotty Dogg just sat and composed a Burns Tribute, without really knowing us back then, shows you how special they are. Not forgetting Swannie's son Nathan of course, he too showed great interest in composing some Burns music. Let us hope something really fantastic comes out of everyone's genuine efforts

to get a Robert Burns filmed made next year, starring our favourite guy, Gerard Butler. :pant:

Thank you to everyone who has shown interest and supported RT Burns, it is so appreciated. :claphands:

Love Rose