Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Hi there Everyone!

We hope all Gals Enjoy A Super Holiday Weekend!

Ours was last weekend and we had a great time, hectic but thoroughly enjoyable. :woo: And after a couple of equally hectic days we are looking forward to a lazy, quiet, family Sunday..........scrap that................. :rotflmao: of course the children are coming, they can't keep away from Mac

Softey's Yorkshire puddings!

As promised, here are some of the pics I took while out shopping in Bath,

Posted Image First view of Bath from the bridge, the river is the Avon, funny aside, the reason there are so many rivers in Britain called Avon is because when the invading Romans asked the name of the rivers they encountered, they were told in Celtic, 'Avon', that being the name for 'river', this happened all over Roman Britain....silly boys! :rotflmao:

Posted Image View across the park showing another of the bridges and the Garfunkel Hotel.

Posted Image This park is below street level and is a small oasis, especially when a band is playing on the bandstand.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Coffee stop at the Orange Grove.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image MacWilley's favourite shop......

Posted Image And why!

Posted Image Here's where I do all my household shopping for white goods...especially for the bedrooms....and nightwear for everyone....

Posted Image The Roman influence dominates in buildings,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Sorry. sale shopping!

Posted Image And again!

Posted Image Wide sreets,

Posted Image Narrow streets,

Posted Image Old Arcades,

Posted Image lots of brass fascia's,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Quaint little shops,

Posted Image A quiet square,

Posted Image

Posted Image How many days 'till........

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image A rest in the park...again!

Posted Image Not that number !0. :rotflmao:

Hope you enjoyed this little glimpse of Bath, there is sooooo much more to see.........this is a mere fraction.

Hugs to all,

Anna X

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image MacWilley's favourite shop......

Posted Image And why!

Posted Image Here's where I do all my household shopping for white goods...especially for the bedrooms....and nightwear for everyone....

Anna That might be my favorite shop too..Look at the name on it :rotflmao: It looks like it says Leonidas lol :D

OK, Anna, I'm packing! When you show pictures of a Praline shop, Cornish Pasties, Christmas shop and the Crystal Palace, I am SOOO coming for a visit! All they need is a Gerry store and my fantasy would be complete! Is it true they built a Doctor Who Museum in Bath????

The city is beautiful. I love history and you can almost see it oozing out of the sidewalks! What an awesome place to visit. Are the baths still open?

Suzie

Hi Anna, thank you for the beautiful pictures. I feel like I was on a mini vacation. I can't walk around much anymore and I miss sightseeing. Bath is a beautiful place! Thanks again.

Joanie :D

By the way, for Jo A. Quin: If you are still trying to figure out which Gerry movie to get next, you CANNOT go wrong with "Attila"! (You may want to DO wrong with Attila, however!) It was actually a TV miniseries like "The Jury". Gerry was so sexy, my TV screen melted and had to be replaced! OK, I exaggerate a little, but he was pretty HOT! :greatking:

Suzie

OOOHHH, I just bought Atilla!!! I got it yesterday, am waiting for the proper time to watch it. As in being all by myself so I can drool without having anyone to see me. Everytime I think of Gerry I get this huge smile on my face, I think people are beginning to think I am a bit nuts. I think of the man and I smile. Bet I won't be able to quit smiling once I watch Atilla huh? Love this site, glad to know there are other Gerry fans like myself. It's nice to have a place to come to and just moon over the man. Thanks!!! Maymay

I don't know where my copy of Attila is lost somewhere in a pile of crap lol...I need to find it and get all the other movies that I enjoyed. :dance:

Jo A

I did the same thing, bought every Gerry movie I could, still have a few I need. TR2 is a goofy movie, but

dang Gerry is hot. I didnt notice any thing else. :heat:

I thought I saw The Jury for $30 on the internet somewhere, check out ebay too.

Jenn(Jobella)

Okay, I went and picked up The Jury today and it cost about $32.00. So I went ahead and picked up Dear Frankie and Beowulf since they were available. Then I go to pick up my daughter from John Robert Powers and one of the parents gets off of the elevator with a Spartan helmet. My mouth must have hit the floor because she had that look on her face. She told me she payed $55 for it and that it was very fragile and that it could break if her son put it on. Wow!! When I got home my husband went to the library and brought home The Miracle Match. Our library rents movies for $1 so I thought I would check out a few to see if they were worth buying. That one can wait. TR2 is another one that can wait even though he was so darn hot in it. I liked the alternate ending, I even cried. :crybaby: The next one I HAVE to get is Attila. According to several people. Well now that I have all of that off my chest I have a busy weekend. Thanks for listening to me vent. :D

Hello all,

No, I didn't die and leave the planet. I've just been very busy and the thought of looking at a computer when I get home has become a bit anathema to me. Besides, I'm spending so much time during the day at the dratted thing my shoulders aren't keeping up....ouch.

Anyway, I miss you all and think of you often. I have tried to catch up on all the goss and news but too much to answer individually.

I must say I am having fun at work. I have four challenging projects and a great team working for me. I am looking forward to a 10 day vacation in October to go the the GB.Net Austrtalian Conference to meet all the Aussie Tarts and talk Gerry. Hubby is coming to that one too. I am still hoping to find a week to come to Vegas next year. Keep fingers crossed.

So if you don't hear from me, know I'm still around and still very obsessed.

BTW found a delightful bookshop in Canberra which is showing as a feature Jen St Giles' books! How cool is that. It's called Intrigue!

OK, off to get some sunshine as it is the 2nd day of spring here. So looking forward to a bit of warmer weather after winter.

Hugs to you all

Cat

Good evening all you lovely ladies.Just sitting here waiting for the hubby to get home from work.No one home but me so I watched POTO and was able to have it as loud as I wanted and with the surround sound on and nobody to yell at me.How nice!!!Would have been even nicer if I had one of those big screen TV's to watch it on but guess, YOU CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING.Dream on Peggy.

Betts sweetie, how are you?Hope you're feeling good.Thanks so much for the post card from NH it was very thoughtful of you.I was surprised, but pleasantly. :hug:

Anna, your pictures are beautiful!Like Paige says it's like taking a vacation.Thanks for sharing them with us. :claphands:

Fran, sure do miss you.Nobody comes for tea anymore and my phone hardly rings.But thanks for making all my beautiful siggy's for me.

Posted ImagePosted Image Peggy

Hello all,

No, I didn't die and leave the planet. I've just been very busy and the thought of looking at a computer when I get home has become a bit anathema to me. Besides, I'm spending so much time during the day at the dratted thing my shoulders aren't keeping up....ouch.

Anyway, I miss you all and think of you often. I have tried to catch up on all the goss and news but too much to answer individually.

I must say I am having fun at work. I have four challenging projects and a great team working for me. I am looking forward to a 10 day vacation in October to go the the GB.Net Austrtalian Conference to meet all the Aussie Tarts and talk Gerry. Hubby is coming to that one too. I am still hoping to find a week to come to Vegas next year. Keep fingers crossed.

So if you don't hear from me, know I'm still around and still very obsessed.

BTW found a delightful bookshop in Canberra which is showing as a feature Jen St Giles' books! How cool is that. It's called Intrigue!

OK, off to get some sunshine as it is the 2nd day of spring here. So looking forward to a bit of warmer weather after winter.

Hugs to you all

Cat

Cat

It is a dream of mine to come to Oz one day. I have always been fasinated by Austraila since I was a little girl. I think it was The Man from Snowy River that did it. That blasted bloke Jim.

I'm sitting at home, watching Titanic, and suddenly there's an ad for SHATTERED, which is going to be airing on TNT tomorrow night at 9 pm EST!! WOW!!! I can't believe this is going straight to television without showing at local theaters, first. I mean, I'm not complaining...from a purely selfish standpoint, I'm THRILLED to finally see this, but I can't help but wonder what this does to Gerry's bottom line? Did he make any money on this film???

Good evening all you lovely ladies.Just sitting here waiting for the hubby to get home from work.No one home but me so I watched POTO and was able to have it as loud as I wanted and with the surround sound on and nobody to yell at me.How nice!!!Would have been even nicer if I had one of those big screen TV's to watch it on but guess, YOU CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING.Dream on Peggy.

Betts sweetie, how are you?Hope you're feeling good.Thanks so much for the post card from NH it was very thoughtful of you.I was surprised, but pleasantly. :hug:

Anna, your pictures are beautiful!Like Paige says it's like taking a vacation.Thanks for sharing them with us. :claphands:

Fran, sure do miss you.Nobody comes for tea anymore and my phone hardly rings.But thanks for making all my beautiful siggy's for me.

Posted ImagePosted Image Peggy

AAWWWWWWWWW Peg....I'll be up there soon enough and then I'll be driving you crazy as usual! Taking a couple of days off away from the Bar anyway.... Love the new graphics............ Working on a few manips right now so don't be surprised to find a pessie in your PM! Has something to do with the books we just read.... :D

Anna....ME TOO! :D Looking at your photos is such a treat and sooooo makes me want to come there! :claphands:

I know it's really slow cause it's a week-end and also a holiday week-end so PLease everbody ....have a safe and Happy Labor Day week-end!!

:wave: Fran

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hi fans!

Back from the Highland games...fun, fun, fun! I usually stay with the musical performances....I have a new favorite band.

Albannach. Even wilder than Wicked Tinkers! And all from Scotland! Some from Glasgow... Pictures and video to follow.

And omigosh...the cutest thing! Someone came with their pug....in a kilt! Pic to follow!!!!

Anna, I thought I recognized those pictures. Bath is gorgeous! I was there in 2000 for my UK trip.

Hi Cat, Fran, Peggy, Karen, Paige, Jenn, May, Suzie, Joanie, Jo, and everyone else.

You all ready for Shattered tomorrow?

~alice

:music:

Hi Maymay :wave: Welcome to the Support Center. Glad to have you with us. I'm curious about your name. By any chance are you a Firefly fan? I know "maymay" was a term on endearment they used all the time on the show. Anyway, welcome to the madness. Hope we get to see a lot of you here!

Suzie

Hi fans!

Back from the Highland games...fun, fun, fun! I usually stay with the musical performances....I have a new favorite band.

Albannach. Even wilder than Wicked Tinkers! And all from Scotland! Some from Glasgow... Pictures and video to follow.

And omigosh...the cutest thing! Someone came with their pug....in a kilt! Pic to follow!!!!

Anna, I thought I recognized those pictures. Bath is gorgeous! I was there in 2000 for my UK trip.

Hi Cat, Fran, Peggy, Karen, Paige, Jenn, May, Suzie, Joanie, Jo, and everyone else.

You all ready for Shattered tomorrow?

~alice

:music:

Alice- Glad you had fun- sorry couldnt make it today..

The pug sounds cute- I want to see a pic with Gerry and Lolita in matching Kilts- That would be a great picture!!!!

ETA-- Oops-- sorry Anna - forgot to comment on your beautiful photos-- makes me want to get on a plane tomorrow!!! One day (dreaming)

Annemarie

Edited by almadenannie

Deepdiscount.com is where I bought several of my Gerry movies. The prices are very good too. I am so glad that I got The Jury when I did and I think I only paid about $39 for it.

beejay

I guess I timed it right too, Beejay..that's about all I paid when I got my Jury last year..

Anna, I am SO LOVING the pictures of Bath...I have visited that area as well, but it's been way too many years ago..time to go again..soooooo beautiful!

Jobella, I'm also a major fan of "Man From Snowy River", in fact, it's in my top 5 favorites, along with POTO, of course...yep, that Jim is a heart breaker, isn't he? And I think I may have just added another favorite movie...anybody seen "Becoming Jane" yet? Wow..great movie, about the life of Jane Austen...I was still wiping tears off my cheeks as I left the theater parking lot!!

Cat...crossing fingers for Las Vegas next year, and how I'd LOVE to come to your Aussie get-together..

Alice, can't wait to see you pictures and hear your story!

Welcome to GALS, Maymay!! :wave:

Everybody here in the US..have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend!

Alison

Anna - those pictures of Bath are so beautiful. It almost makes me want to jump on a plane and head for England again. I will make it there one day - back to Scotland and a chunk of time to visit England and Wales the next time - and hopefully Ireland as well.

Oh what fun it is collecting Gerry movies. You know there was a brief time last year when Amazon offered The Jury for $15.95 and I bought 2 copies!! One of them my husband "lent" to a friend of ours and we will never see it again (but she loves it and I will never ask for it back). I already had a copy so now I have 2. Last year at the diner following the Highland Games in Pleasanton I won another copy in the raffle, but the lady sitting next to me didn't have it and she won a DVD of the PBS performance of Les Miserables which I love, so we traded. I think we were both happy with our trade. Gerry's performance as Johnnie is PURE DEAD BRILLIANT! Our local group of fans started making ATC's (artist trading cards) of Gerry and his characters to trade with each other and my first one was of Johnnie. I'm finishing up my second set, which is of Leonidas. I think I know what I want my next set to be as well, but they will be of Gerry, not one of his characters.

Paige - that really is a Leonidas chocolate store. We have one here in Santa Monica too and whenever I get over that way I have to stop in and buy something! I bought a cute red jewelry box filled with truffles that I donated to the silent auction in Las Vegas.

I totally agree with the opinion about Gerry's performance in The Jury. Absolutely astounding. The show was great. Well written and well acted. His performance was brilliant. An absolute must-see by a Gerry fan.

Jobella - I think The Man from Snowy River continues to be one of my all time favority movies. I had a HUGE crush on Tom Burlinson in that movie. :lol: I think that began my fascination with Australia as well. It's definitely in my top 5 of places that I will visit.

:wave: to Cat!! You are missed around here but it's always wonderful to see you back. :kisswink:

Happy Sunday to all! :dance:

Have a blessed Sunday everyone, I am going to listen to my church on the internet I hurt so am not going into chapel. Ihope you are all well, it looks like rain here again. but we need it. I hope it don't rain for my cook out tomorrow. Can't wait for tonight to see Shattered. I know its going to be great. The Jury is one of my favorites I watch it constantly I am glad I have itnow. I should have gotten 2 copies. Poor Midnight wanted it but can't get it now. Love to all Betts

Susan Leonidas and chocolate go together you know lol :pant::rotflmao:

raina snow I hope you feel better and have fun listening to your church. I would prefer to do that too because I meaning just me am lazy..it takes me forever to get off the computer :lol:.

~looks at Pilar~ HI PILAR!!!!