Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Yvonne

Walk of Fame

Please don't everyone jump on me, but I kind of want to just say this..yes we all totally support him, we are his fans and that's what we do, but in a way, for the star, I'd really REALLY sort of like to see his Peers nominate him for one.

I can liken it to awards..everyone loves to get a People's choice award because it comes from the FANS, and Golden Globes because it comes from the CRITICS, but everyone wants that OSCAR because it means their peers think they did the best job in a certain category over the year. While he knows we support and appreciate him, I think it would mean the world to know that others in his profession feel the same way.

But that's just me.

Gerry receiving a star was not on my radar at all. My thoughts were more aligned w/hoping they don't forget "300" come Oscar time. I think it's far too early to even consider him receiving a star. I won't say it's being "honored" w/a star because i'm not sure how much of an honor it's. Britney Spears has one for cripes sake need I say more. Yikes. It's very nice to think about him in such a way, but a bit early in my opinion to even consider. As Spot stated above, we need money to run the site I wouldn't even think to donate to the "star" fund at this point in time. Give me a few years and I may change my mind but for now I'm not even thinking about this. I rather he be praised for his work and continue to get quality roles and sink his feet a bit and after awhile if need be a "star" could be on the horizon.

Cassie

Edited by Cassie

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hugh's fan project is only one example. I don't know anyone who is a huge Hugh fan. I know people who like his work, but I wouldn't consider them a huge fan.

I was part of getting one for Guy Williams, by the fans and family. It does take time, and at the time it was received the cost was 10,000.00 or 15,000.00. Of course it was received 12 years after Guy had passed away (it wasn't started until 1997 or 1999 and finally received in 2001), but it was run by fans and it happened. His family and everyone who worked with him on Lost in Space and Zorro came. After the ceremony, there was a luncheon with all the fans and stars at the Roosevelt.

The funds are a lot to ask from the fans, I'll agree. But I don't think that one problem example should damper the idea.

I'm still for waiting a bit. Who cares if people I don't care about get stars on the walk? I'd like to see someone who really deserves it. Put some class back into the walk.

~alice

:music:

I'm still for waiting a bit. Who cares if people I don't care about get stars on the walk? I'd like to see someone who really deserves it. Put some class back into the walk.

This is sort of what I was thinking when I wrote my little dribble above. Dame Judi Dench or Blythe Danner deserve stars NOT Britney Spears or Ryan Seacrest. It's like as long as you have the money and can find people to nominate you you can have your star eventually. There needs to be more class in receiving such a star I think. I'm hoping that by the time Gerry is ready for his star this will be the case because he deserves nothing less than class.

Cassie

I am with Moonglow on her mention that of course We are his most ardent fans and definitly want him to have a Star (and yes, preferably while the dear man is still living) However, I just dont feel that urgency that it has to come from us. I think it would be fitting like some of the previous gals said earlier if his peers would be the nominators and presenters (then if a drive for funds was extended to us also, we would gladly donate). I am sure Gerry will get his Star as he becomes more well know and his acting is appreciated by more and more people in the industry and audiences. All good things take time and perseverence and I dont doubt for a minute that Gerry is more than worthy of being remembered for his acting and his characterzation, but I just think it should not be just a "push" by us to do it all.....Hollywood is waking up to the fact that Gerard isn't just that "Scottish Actor" from nowhere any longer. Maybe in a year or two? Just my opinion and as I said before I love the pro and cons on this topic.

He does deserve a star and I will contribuite when the time comes. Hugh Jackman I don't even know the guy or seen his films. And like LY said there are some on there can't act in my eyes at all. LY I agree with you , and everyone, when the time comes I pray he will get his star. He has so many fan sites I don't see it being a problem if all of us work together on this. We all love him and know he can act and too its whether Hollywood wants him to have a star, he is not the typical hollywood star and I don't think will be like them that is why I adore him more for it. Star STar Star I say and someday I pray it comes true Betts :D

I think if we wait patiently he will earn his own and perhaps even a "tall golden statue" :claphands:

:wave: Fran

Yeah the Tall Golden Statue is what I am waiting for right now the most !!! Betts :wave:

Betty, I agree with you 100%. Especially after 300 was such a win at the box office. :claphands:

love ya, di :D

Actually, with the star's permission and $25,000 they can buy there own star. Maybe the fans could help to purchase...what an interest fundraiser this would be. I didn't realize that the star pays for their own star...Here's the scoop:

VANESSA WILLIAMS PURCHASES HER OWN STAR

Published by Ruben on March 19th, 2007

To those of you that don’t know…..any artist that gets a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame submits a request to get a star themselves, and not only that, they also pay $25,000 of their own money for the honor. It’s not the city of Hollywood that gives them the golden call. How do you figure Ryan Seacrest was able to get one? This is something that not many people know, but, I’ve included a little excerpt from the official Hollywood Chamber of Commerce website in regards to getting a star:

Criteria for Star on the Walk of Fame

1. Professional achievement

2. Longevity of five years in the field of entertainment

3. Contributions to the community

The recipient must agree to attend the dedication ceremony.

In case of a fan nomination, a letter of agreement must be sent by celebrity management.

There is a five-year waiting period after death for nominations of deceased individuals. The Committee does not necessarily select posthumous honorees each year.

The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce makes every effort to schedule a dedication ceremony on the date requested by the honoree. A 60-day lead period is needed for required permits, the manufacturing of the star, and advance publicity.

Please be advised that if your nominee is selected and the induction does not take place within five years of the selection date, the nominee must be re-submitted during another voting period.

The sponsorship fee is $25,000

that is interesting that they get there own you would think it would be some sort of a surprise or honor from someone or a community or group gee. didn't know that Betts

This is my opinion, only mine. No one has to agree with me it will make no difference to me.

I am a fan of Gerry Butler. He is the best actor I have seen in my lifetime. God blessed him with everything it takes to make a great star. Still, after all of the characters he has portrayed, he is still not known. The reason, I think, my opinion, is jealousy.

He is a beautiful man, talented, has a heart of gold, would make a great friend, funny without even trying to be funny, a wee wicked, built like a brick outhouse, as we say here in WV, and just by looking at him, has it all. The Scottish accent doesn't hurt either.

He put himself out there for "300." He made himself into Leonidas. "300" gets nominated for picture of the year and not one, not one actor in that movie is nominated. Do you see anything wrong with this picture???

Even now, folks are pulling out of some of the pictures he has signed up to make. How many times have you seen this happen to another star??? Yes, I said STAR. Do you see anything wrong with this picture??? I don't think Gerry is pulling out of these pictures. He can't get anyone to work with him because he outshines them all. When God gives you a gift, he makes it a good one. Gerry has that God-given gift.

If he said he wanted a star on the Walk of Fame, even some of those that call themselves his fans would say he had an ego. To say "No" means he would never get one. As far as an Academy Award goes, can you tell me who won last year or the year before that?? A star on the Walk of Fame is there permenantly. He said he never wanted to be forgotten.

I rest my case.

Blessings,

Yvon <><

GB IS THE SHINING STAR INSIDE EVERYONES MIND

THANKS TO THE " PHANTOM " AND HIS INCREDIBLE GOD GIVEN TALENTS !!!

" 300 " PUT HIM IN THE FOREFRONT

AND BLEW EVERYTHING IN ITS PATH AWAY !!!

THAT HE WILL NOT SOON BE FORGOTTEN

IS A FOREGONE CONCLUSION TO MANY AND ALL HERE !!!

HE STILL HAS A LONG LONG WAY TO GO

ON HIS JOURNEY TO SELF-PROCLAIMED LONGEVITY

AND EVERY THING HE TOUCHES IS PURE GOLD

BECAUSE OF HIS OUTSTANDING EFFORTS

HE IS ABLE TO GIVE TIME AFTER TIME !!!

" THE LEGACY OF ROBERT BURNS IS THE DESTINY OF GERARD BUTLER "

DLSPBS - PAT

Edited by DLSPBS

Yvonne, You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I'm honestly not trying to disagree with you here.

But I wonder, perhaps, if we just know more about the movies that Gerry has been linked to than we do other people. I'm not overly familiar with the whole movie industry since Gerry is the only person that I follow. But I would imagine there are a lot of movies out there that have cast changes, director changes, script changes, etc that we never hear about because we simply aren't interested in them. We follow the steps of Gerry's career because we care and therefore know more about him than other stars. I have a hard time believing that another star would turn down a chance to be in a movie that they thought would be successful for the reasons you listed above. But those are just my own thoughts.

Again, I'm not trying to be disagreeable here. I feel very strongly that when the time is right, all the pieces will come together and Gerry's star will be shining for all to see up on the silver screen and perhaps on the Walk of Fame as well.

I agree that in the not too distant future this beautiful actor is going to have his own Oscar and a Star. He is building his career with every film he does. He can't be ignored for much longer. After 300, a lot of eyes were opened to his talent and to the many other films he did and will do. I have no doubt that Gerard Butler will be in the running for many years to come. He's in the "old school" type of actor that really acts...not just tries to be a "star"....

I totally agree! His day will come. He is a brilliant actor that cannot be ignored. His talents are a marvel to me. We as his fans will stick together as we always do and one day he will be at the top of the ladder of success. He is in my eyes already! :claphands:

Hugs, M :wave:

I think it would be wonderful for all and I mean all his fans to be the ones to offer to pay for his star. when the time comes. I think he is too modest really to get his own. Really I do and if we have money left over give it to his charity. But someday I hope I see the day he gets a star , then he will be remembered. all else will in time fade away in a lot of peoples minds. I know it won't in ours we love him that much. But some day it will, do you think of Charlie chaplin a lot? I know I don't he was great. But I guess what I am trying to say is I hope to see him with a star but seems most of his fans, think he should get it himself. so I guess that is what he has to do, I would give money to get him one I am that big a fan. Just my opinion and everyone has a right to their own opinion. Raina Snow

I would gladly contribute to get him

a Star. Even if we have to keep the

money in a fund until the time is right.

Even though I believe the time is right

now. Many new stars are getting them.

Most are not as worthy as Gerry.

i believe they also have to pay for part of the yearly upkeep also.. and i think it depends on each actor as to whether or not it's something they want...i saw hillary swank talking about hers...she felt it was anhonour,,even though she had to pay for it...***i bet her whole team ,, and agent helps with that***

as far as winning an oscar goes...... i think that its going to take a big epic leading role to win that.... i mean we all know the type of movies that win..** sort of like watching figure skating judges**............... and even you're correct in saying i may not remember who won last year...... once they do win though that title sure follows them around... after winning they are forever wriiten up as and known as " academy award winning actor..... gerard butler" and that sure has a nice ring to it....... i think...... :D :D

I think it would be wonderful for all and I mean all his fans to be the ones to offer to pay for his star. when the time comes. I think he is too modest really to get his own. Really I do and if we have money left over give it to his charity. But someday I hope I see the day he gets a star , then he will be remembered. all else will in time fade away in a lot of peoples minds. I know it won't in ours we love him that much. But some day it will, do you think of Charlie chaplin a lot? I know I don't he was great. But I guess what I am trying to say is I hope to see him with a star but seems most of his fans, think he should get it himself. so I guess that is what he has to do, I would give money to get him one I am that big a fan. Just my opinion and everyone has a right to their own opinion. Raina Snow

You guys know how much I adore Gerry. I think I've made that kind of obvious. I suppose if I personally valued the walk of fame, I might consider donating for Gerry to have a star. But honestly, I am so disheartened with what passes for fame and talent in Hollywood. I am really so disgusted by the excesses and lack of respect some of these celebrities exhibit, for themselves and others. I think the walk of fame has totally lost its meaning, and quite honestly, I have many pressing financial obligations.

A star for Gerry, as much as I love him, is not not a priority.

I think it's wonderful that people want to do something to acknowledge his specialness, but frankly, The Walk of Fame just doesn't feel special enough for a man like Gerard Butler.

Just my thoughts.

Swannie

I am always agreeing with you Swannie, it seems but you and I think so much alike on so many things concerning Gerry that I just have to sometimes blurt out and let you know it. So much of Hollywood seems so false and cheap anymore that a person of Gerrys quality and talent seem above the usual order of things. I think a wonderful role (like Burns) or whatever he feels calls to him will eventually lead to greatness for him. He has worked in so many wonderful films that really touch peoples' hearts that I am sure there is a role out that will be the slam dunk oscar winner we are hoping for....I have complete confidence in this wonderful guy and his future.