Gerard Butler GALS

9/3 - Jodie Foster's Dreams Come True in Australia

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment

Jodie Foster's dreams come true in Australia

By Erin McWhirter

September 03, 2007 08:30am

DUAL Academy Award winner Jodie Foster may have slipped in and out of Australia undetected, but the Hollywood megastar warns she'll be back.

Foster has spent the past month on Queensland's Gold Coast filming the adaptation of children's novel, Nim's Island.

The film marks Foster's first movie-making venture in Australia, a special accomplishment for the actress, who has successfully worked in showbiz for more than four decades.

"I love Sydney, it's actually one of my favourite cities in the world," Foster, 44, said.

"I am loving being up here (Gold Coast) too. I have had this place on the beach and it's like a dream come true. I have never had a beach house and it's so beautiful. Everyday with the surfers and guys fishing; it's just like a dream.

"It's so similar to California that there is no homesickness. I feel I could stay here forever as long as my family were here."

Nim's Island, a fantasy comedy about a young girl (Abigail Breslin) who inhabits an isolated island

with her scientist father (Gerard Butler) and begins communicating with reclusive author (Foster), was a perfect fit.

"I was dying to do something lighter and I was excited about a movie my kids could see."

Nim's Island will be released in 2008.

Thank you Jenn!!! I'd love to have a house on the beach myself, and with the guys in Australia, I'd love the view for more than just the ocean. ;)

Thank you Jenn!!! I'd love to have a house on the beach myself, and with the guys in Australia, I'd love the view for more than just the ocean. ;)

I have a house on the beach and I am inviting you to visit me! :cunning:

Hugs

oceania

I have a house on the beach and I am inviting you to visit me! :cunning:

Hugs

oceania

Hi Oceania.....Could I come too!!! :wave::D I used to have a house CLOSE to the beach but sadly no more!............... :tissues: Besides when I read that JF's dream come true I thought I was going to read she was in seventh heaven because of her co-star! :heat: Now that's the ultimate way to live....a beautiful beach house and Gerry!!!! :claphands:

:kisswink: Fran

Thanks for the great article...I'm wondering if Gerry has a house on the beach also. He seems like he would love something like that as well. I had a house close to the beach, but no more. I love the Jersey shore! I wish I were still there.

:claphands: :inlove:

I for one (of many) cant wait for all the new Gerry movies to be released. I like Jodie Foster and really respect her for not being "Hollywwod" We dont see her that often and when we do its always in something GOOD. So we really have something to look forward to with her AND Gerry!!!

Annemarie

By Erin McWhirter

SNORT ... I just BET her dreams came true in Australia ... lucky gal...

Nice find, Jenn! WTG

By Erin McWhirter

Nice find, Jenn! WTG

:funnyabove: :funnyabove: ZACKLY what I was thinkin Spot!!!!

:D Jealous ole me****

Um girls... it has long been known that Jodie bats for the other team.

Swannie

Do you mean what I think you mean Swannie lol? You just educated me, I never knew that, but then I never kept up with J.F.

To each his own as they say :)

Yep, that's what I mean.... I'll bet anything she and Gerry will get along famously and be total goof offs together. She and Mel got along great on the set of Maverick, and I guess he had her stitches all the time.

She is a wonderful actress, so I can't wait to see what role she plays in this film. I haven't read the book, so I really don't no much about the plot or characters.

Swannie

Swannie

As soon as I read Spot's comment I was thinking to myself "If his name was Geradine I'm sure her dreams would have come true". I don't think she has ever come out "officially" so to speak but I've always thought she batted for the other team. Well, at least she got to see what is out there just in case she decides to come on back. :D

Cassie

Well, whatever her personal "preference," she is one heck of a great actress, an extremely smart lady (genius?), and appears to be a loving and dedicated mother as well. That was a very interesting article. It seems to imply that she is back now from Austrailia, boys in school, and she's off promoting her other new movie.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she and Gerry have become good friends. I think it is HUGE for gerry's career to be starring with Ms. Foster!!

:cheer2:

I think that she and Gerry will click as friends quite well. She is serious about acting and isn't one of those prima dona actresses that abound out there. Gerry seems to have great actresses co-star with him and Jodie is no exception. and.....if any one could tempt her to the other "team" it would be Gerry.....

Swannie

As soon as I read Spot's comment I was thinking to myself "If his name was Geradine I'm sure her dreams would have come true". I don't think she has ever come out "officially" so to speak but I've always thought she batted for the other team. Well, at least she got to see what is out there just in case she decides to come on back. :D

Cassie

Well, we have a saying in my country "God gives the nut to the toothless...." I too am sure she would appreciate a Geraldine.... :funnyface:

By Erin McWhirter

Nice find, Jenn! WTG

:funnyabove: :funnyabove: ZACKLY what I was thinkin Spot!!!!

:D Jealous ole me****

Heeheee... it MUST be true that great minds think alike, 'cause that was the very thought I had when I first read this headline! I had also heard over the years that she "bats for the other team", as Swannie so delicately put it, and I also heartily agree that if G couldn't change her mind then no other man possibly could, (although Mel isn't too shabby himself, either!!) *sigh*

Regardless of her 'persuasion', I really like her..she seems down to earth and level headed, and I'm sure she and Gerry must've hit it off famously...can't wait to hear a few stories from both of them on the filming of this movie!

Edited by phanphorlife

Regardless of her 'persuasion', I really like her..she seems down to earth and level headed, and I'm sure she and Gerry must've hit it off famously...can't wait to hear a few stories from both of them on the filming of this movie![/color]

DITTO!!

CQ :D

I wonder if Gerry spent a lot of time at the beach. He doesn't look very tan in the picture. When does he come back from Australia?