Gerard Butler GALS

In Memoriam - Dee*s 2nd Childhood (Doreen "Dee" Eastwood)

Dr. Em

It is with a heavy heart we must tell you all that just last night our dear sweet Dee*s 2nd Childhood (Doreen "Dee" Eastwood) passed over to the other side to be with her Father in Heaven.

Dee was known for her sweet and unassuming presence and a dear friend of GALS.

Dee was very excited to join us this year in Vegas and she had the time of her life.

Posted Image

She also attended the Dallas get-together for "300" hosted by our Binky. She loved her time spent with the GALS both online and in person.

Dee will be sorely missed here on the site and to those many of us who loved her and knew her as a wonderful human being.

Rest in Peace, sweet Dee.

:hugs:

Dr. Em

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry to hear this.

What a dear sweet lady. I'm glad I got the chance to meet her this year in Vegas.

My thoughts & prayers will be with Dee's family at this terrible time.

My heart is breaking. Dee was such a precious lady, fun, loving, and fun-loving. I spoke with her last on Thursday of last week, and though she had been having some pretty serious health problems, was feeling better and had gotten good reports on her catscan.

Like Dayna said, the Vegas convention was a highlight for her. She barely missed out on the 2006 one, and had been eagerly awaiting this one all year. I'm so thankful that she was able to attend it and that she had such a great time. She and I had already been discussing next year's trip.

I will miss her so much, she was so cute and funny. And she adored Gerry.

Dee, you will be remembered fondly.

Dee was my roommate in Las Vegas and we shared so much fun giggling, watching "300" on TV and trying to keep shoes tied for three Mandolls, not to mention getting everywhere we needed to be on time. She was a funny, dear, lovely person and I will miss her very much. My heart goes out to Dee's family and to the friends and co-workers she leaves behind. Her capacity for love was endless, and she was loved in return. Sleep well, my friend.

Suzie

My thoughts and prayers are with Dee's family and all those lucky to call her friend. I, too, am so glad I got to meet her in Vegas.

I hope you can feel the love Dee. You will be missed.

Heaven's a bit brighter now, and Earth is a bit dimmer. Dee was such a sweet and dear lady.

My condolences to Dee's family, and our Libby (touchmetrustme), Suzie, Elissa, Connie, and everyone else saddened by Dee's death.

Sincerely,

Katie

I am just shocked and so terribly saddened by this news. I had just been PM'ing with Dee last week and she told me her tests had come back with good results. Heaven must have been needing a new angel because otherwise I can't make sense out of such a sweet and lovely person being taken so soon. My prayers and thoughts go out to all who knew and loved her.

I've been busy all day and had to take a nap this afternoon. When I woke up and logged on, I saw this post. I am just sitting here with tears in my eyes... I just got off the phone with Libby. I got to spend some time with Dee at the convention, and what struck me about her, was how full of life she was. She and I spoke gushingly and openly about Gerry together, and about how much Gerry, and being part of his family of GALS has changed our lives.

She really did believe that Gerry had given her a chance for a second childhood.... a time when she could enjoy laughing, making friends, and living every moment to the fullest.

Dee sent me several PMs from the time she joined GALS. This woman had been through so much in her life, and yet there was no bitterness or resentment in her.

As a woman of a deep and personal faith.... I know she has found peace and joy with her Father In Heaven.

Now dear sweet Dee..... now begins your REAL second childhood.

Swannie

Oh my goodness! I think the first time I met Dee was with Swan and Libby that first night.

Posted Image

I'll never forget hugging her that night, and several times during the weekend. I adored getting a chance to meet this dear sweet lady in person. I feel badly for her family, but I guess we all take comfort that she is at peace and won't have to suffer anymore. We'll sure miss her.

Pass the word on to her family that we here at GALS sure did love her.

:hugs:

Pam

Hey everyone. I haven't been posting long but I wanted to express how sorry I am for the loss of your GALS friend, Dee. I couldn't sit back and read all of the wonderful things you have said about her without expressing my sincere apologies and letting you know that my thoughts and prayers are with her family and her GALS family. Jeana

I never met Dee but as I said before I have seen her on the boards before and she was a sweetheart.My heart goes out to her family and they'll be in my prayers.Of course we all know that Dear Sweet Dee is Posted Image she's in no more pain.We will all miss her very much, those of you who knew her personally more so of course.

Peggy