Gerard Butler GALS

In Memoriam - Dee*s 2nd Childhood (Doreen "Dee" Eastwood)

Dr. Em

This is only a minute of what will later be a longer tribute:

(right-click and save-target-as for best results)

http://www.melabrock.com/special/Dee.wmv

(another format if the first doesn't work)

http://www.melabrock.com/special/Dee.mpg

I've seen a lot of pictures in this thread that I didn't have...if anyone else has some, please send them my way?

:hearts:

P.S., We Love You, Dee.

~Mel

Thank you so much for doing a video tribute to her. She would have loved it, I'm sure. I love what I have seen so far, & am looking forward to your final cut. What a sweet thing to do, Mel.

:hugs:

Vanessa

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone, I just contacted Navarre Funeral Home & it turns out they have a website with an obituary section with a guestbook. So, I wanted to send the link to you all so you can check it out if you would like to. Here it is Navarre Funeral Home, just click on the obituaries on the right & then you can click on her name - Eastwood, Doreen E. "Dee" & it will take you to her obit & guestbook. They are having a graveside service on Monday morning at 10 am at Forest Park Lawndale Cemetery as well as the visitation on Sunday.

God bless our angel Dee.

:hugs:

Vanessa

Edited by Vanessa

My heart is filled with saddness and grief upon learning of Dee's passing. May her soul rest in peace and may she fly with the Angels. Yes, she is in a better place.

She was so full of joy and love and smiles. I cried when I read of her passing, I am so so sad.

Life is so short on this earth. Love one another, every minute spent with our loved ones and good friends is a Blessing... God Bless you my dearest Dee.

Love, di

Vanessa called me today at lunchtime and told me about Monday's service. She and I plan to attend and pay our respects to our dear sweet sister. I know many of you would like to attend as well, but of course that is not possible. As we are here in town, we figure this is the least we can do. I feel I really need to be there for Dee, for her family, and for all her friends through GALS. I want everyone to know that your feelings and spirits will be there with us.

Thank you Pat and Vanessa - I am glad to know that there will be some representation there from her FANmily here, besides our contribution of flowers. Please let her family and other friends know that she was a cherished member of our FANmily here and that her bright spirit will be greatly missed.

I am very new to the community and reading these wonderful tributes to what must have been an incredible lady touched my heart deeply. I came here because of my love for Gerard Butler's work and find that I'm struck by the fan force that's behind him.

Anytime death touches our lives, we're left with sorrow and sadness in it's wake. I did not know Dee personally, I never had the privilege, however I have to wonder, with the wonderful things that are said about her here, would she truly want us to grieve, or would she want us to celebrate life?

Tears will be shed because of the loss as she's slipped through the mortal coils where we can no longer reach her, however great joy must be seen because she is now there, laying a path for the rest of us when our time comes.

Who knows? Perhaps an angel knew that she'd be needed early for planning the ultimate Gerard Butler Gal Party blow out for us.

In closing, I'll add the lyrics from the Phantom of the Opera, When Christine sings to her father. Perhaps the words that were put into song might help all that had the privilege of knowing her, or being touched by her, say goodbye.

Respectfully, Cheyenne

Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

You were once

my one companion . . .

you were all

that mattered . . .

You were once

a friend and father -

then my world

was shattered . . .

Wishing you were

somehow here again . . .

wishing you were

somehow near . . .

Sometimes it seemed

if I just dreamed,

somehow you would

be here . . .

Wishing I could

hear your voice again . . .

knowing that I

never would . . .

Dreaming of you

won't help me to do

all that you dreamed

I could . . .

Passing bells

and sculpted angels,

cold and monumental,

seem, for you,

the wrong companions -

you were warm and gentle . . .

Too many years

fighting back tears . . .

Why can't the past

just die . . .?

Wishing you were

somehow here again . . .

knowing we must

say goodbye . . .

Try to forgive . . .

teach me to live . . .

give me the strength

to try . . .

No more memories,

no more silent tears . . .

No more gazing across

the wasted years . . .

Help me say

goodbye.

Thank you for that, Cheyenne...welcome, I'm glad you found your way here...

Hi everyone, here's the finished tribute video:

In Loving Memory of Dee Eastwood:

http://www.melabrock.com/special/Dee_tribute.wmv

(right-click save-target-as to save to your comp)

~Mel

Mel, that is just beautiful! Thanks so much for putting it together. What a lovely tribute.

Vanessa and I attended Dee's graveside service today. It was a beautiful morning here, despite the heat. Dee was laid to rest in a really lovely place that is very peaceful and shaded by gorgeous, sprawling 100+ year old Live Oak trees. We met Dee's cousin, Risa, who is a lovely woman. She told us how happy she was to see us there, and that she knew how much it would have meant to Dee to have not only the two of us there, but to know that all her friends at GALS were there with her in spirit. The funeral director did not bring all the flowers to the graveside. Risa has them at home and says they are beautiful.. She sends her thanks to everyone.

Just thought I'd let you know. It was a beautiful day, and the service was a touching celebration of remembrances of Dee and her life. I am so glad Vanessa and I were able to be there and make whatever small contribution we could. And each of you was there with us.

Thanks so much, kittypro, for letting us know about Dee's service. It sounds like it was lovely.

Blessings to you and Vaness for being able to go and help represent the GALS. Dee will surely be missed.

Ditto....thanks so much for letting us know, Pat. So glad it was beautiful...

~Mel

Mel that video tribute was so beautiful & touching. I'm sure that Dee would have loved that!

The graveside service was very nice & I just wanted to add something to what Pat said. They had a few eulogies there, since that was the only service. They all spoke so lovingly of her & it was very obvious she will be greatly missed by all of her friends. One of her male co-workers told about her love & admiration for Gerry. He said he loved teasing her about him, & how she got a kick out of that & loved showing off her pictures of him. He also said he was so glad she was able to have such a wonderful time at the Gerry Butler Vegas convention this year with all her friends. I am very thankful we were able to attend this morning, as we were both out of town for the whole weekend at our different family get togethers & could not attend the visitation yesterday evening. We did pass on to her cousin, Risa, as well as a couple of other good friends of hers how much all the GALS will miss her & how special she was to the group.

Much love & hugs,

Vanessa

I too tear up at the loss of Dee, but rejoice in knowing she is in a beautiful place now. We will miss her as will her friends and family.

Mel - thank you for the tribute video, it leaves me speechless.

Pat and Vanessa - I'm so glad you were able to be there, as we all would be if geography didn't bind us far away. I'm sure she knows we were there in spirit and it was extra special you could attend, and we all appreciate that. Thank you for your messages about the service.

My deepest thanks go out to Pat and Vanessa for attending the service, and for extending our condolences to Dee's family, way to represent for us ladies! Bravo!

Mel, the video is incredible, truly touching and beautiful. Well done. :rose:

I don't really know what to say... I only really saw Dee from a distance in Vegas and unfortunately never got a chance to speak to her, but the truly heartfelt memorials here have moved me more than i can tell you. What i genuinely hope is that Gerry sees this and knows through your words how special a fan he had in Dee. Too often you hear the bad side of what fame must be like for him, but unfortunately sometimes too little is made of the joy, love and magic that this man has brought so many which is such a shame. To be able to change someones life and to give them hope is a true gift and i'm so glad he was able to do that for Dee. I hope he's proud as it's so obvious that she was to be a fan of his.

Condolences to her family and to all of you who knew her and it seems to me that Gerry has someone very special looking after him now.

All the best

Simone

xxxxxxx

I don't really know what to say... I only really saw Dee from a distance in Vegas and unfortunately never got a chance to speak to her, but the truly heartfelt memorials here have moved me more than i can tell you. What i genuinely hope is that Gerry sees this and knows through your words how special a fan he had in Dee. Too often you hear the bad side of what fame must be like for him, but unfortunately sometimes too little is made of the joy, love and magic that this man has brought so many which is such a shame. To be able to change someones life and to give them hope is a true gift and i'm so glad he was able to do that for Dee. I hope he's proud as it's so obvious that she was to be a fan of his.

Condolences to her family and to all of you who knew her and it seems to me that Gerry has someone very special looking after him now.

All the best

Simone

xxxxxxx

Very well said, Simone. Gerry is indeed very lucky to have had a fan like Dee.

Hugs Linda

Pat and Vanessa, thank you both so much for representing GALS at the funeral. I was so sorry that we were not able to attend too, but I'm sure Dee knew we were there in spirit. It was lovely to hear that others were aware of her involvement with GALS and with her support of Gerry. That was a big part of her daily life as it is to so many of us. Gerry should be proud of his special Angel.

Suzie