Gerard Butler GALS

My messages to Gerry

Swansong

(Edited to add..... Read post #37.... I changed my mind)

Hello Gerry,

I just wanted you to know, just in case you still have time to occasionally read the fan messages posted for you.... that I will no longer be posting mine. It has recently come to my attention, that some of the messages left by your fans provide subject matter for others (not on fansites) to laugh at, and to mock. I guess I must be pretty naive, because I would never have dreamed that some people actually find pleasure in laughing at someone else's heartfelt sentiments, and I just can't handle knowing my words to you might be abused for this purpose.

I do hope you will continue to visit this segment of the board, and read the messages from the fans who admire you. They are for the most part, special and unique individuals who only wish to express their appreciation for you, and to wish you well.

I am ever your fan,

With love and respect,

Bonnie Anne

Edited by Swansong

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Swannie,

I am so very saddened by this news. Some people can be so nasty...no respect at all.

I for one....always loved reading your messages....always stated so nicely....very heartfelt and eloquent. Most of all....your messages were usually a summation of how I felt too. Why do people feel the need to make fun of or mock people? All I can say is....It's a shame!

Hugs, Linda

Swannie,

I too am so saddened by this. I always love all your letters and posts and everything from you, poems, letters, all wonderful.

Yes, people can be so mean, what kind of a person would laugh or make jokes like that. I am very upset and I wish you well always.

Love, di

Swannie,

I like everyone else here enjoy having you around and I agree...some people are just sick. It just makes me sad that some people would make fun of others. It reminds me of High School. Some just need to grow up and get a life.

Paige

Hello Gerry,

I just wanted you to know, just in case you still have time to occasionally read the fan messages posted for you.... that I will no longer be posting mine. It has recently come to my attention, that some of the messages left by your fans provide subject matter for others (not on fansites) to laugh at, and to mock. I guess I must be pretty naive, because I would never have dreamed that some people actually find pleasure in laughing at someone else's heartfelt sentiments, and I just can't handle knowing my words to you might be abused for this purpose.

I do hope you will continue to visit this segment of the board, and read the messages from the fans who admire you. They are for the most part, special and unique individuals who only wish to express their appreciation for you, and to wish you well.

I am ever your fan,

With love and respect,

Bonnie Anne

Swannie, Don't stop posting! We don't care what other people think when we post messages for Gerry. I know he may never read them but I feel better after having written them. Don't let other people take your thoughts away. Those people are a small segment & probably have a small life. You have friends here!

Hey Swannie,

I've said this before. Remember the source of said ridicule. I've seen it, too, and I know where it mainly is. They are not a fansite (as they so proudly state ad nauseum) and unfortunately some people do take great pleasure in knocking others down. Especially publicly. For some head scratching reason it makes them feel superior to do so. The best thing I can say is to just stop reading them. Even if messages such as yours stop being posted, these same indivduals will continue to mock and ridicule. They will find something, they always do.

Absolutely nothing you write hurts anybody and most of the time it is uplifting and always heartfelt. And I really don't know if G reads or not, but the point is that you have a sentiment you want to express then by all means do so. Don't let the small minds of the few but loud, effect you this way.

:kiss:

Dear Swannie who ever that was needs to be taken out of GALS I think you go on writing. Don't let them get to you. You write so good and if Gerry reads GALS yours is just the thing he needs to read. keep on keeping on Betts

Everyone,

I appreciate very much, your words of support. I guess I sort of fooled myself into believing that we are a special little community of people who love and support Gerry, therefore, I never really worried about people who have other motives, reading my thoughts to Gerry. I felt safe in saying what I felt, not realizing that my words and feelings would be mocked publicly. To be honest, I was so hurt in finding this out, that I went to my messages thread on GB.net and deleted some of the messages I had written there. I feel violated. That may sound overly dramatic to some people, and they will probably laugh at that too, but that's how I feel. I just don't feel comfortable anymore.

Swannie

Dear Swannie,

I hope this doesn't mean you are leaving this fan club. I have so much admired your postings and always felt you expressed feelings that all of us have for Gerry so well. I looked forward with a smile to reading your posts and just wishing that I could express myself so fluently. Please dont desert us . We admire you so much. Your friend always, Scottish Rose

I have no intention of leaving Gerry fandom. I've just been re-evaluating some things.... that's all.

I care too much about this community and Gerry to leave because of this, but for a time at least, I may keep my thoughts and feelings more private.

Swannie

When was just starting in Gb.net, my second and last posting was deleted by a mod there. She justified herself in plain, simple manner. She was correct. I didn't liked that she deleted my post , but it was the rules of the game, so I didn't thought much about it. It wasn't until I scroll my replies to the forum, that I saw that that particular mod replied to two of my messages, and always in a sarcastic manner. I felt stalked and that took all the joy I was having by replying... and because I'm of extremes since May I only went there twice.

Thankfulness, I had discovered Gals so I turned to them and begun posting and talking and really felt more at ease than I did in GB.net. And I'm having a really good time.

So please, swannie, I don't know about the other websites, but in this one I believe you are a very important member. And you should participate was you always have.

Cheers,

CQ

CQ, I am very glad you have found a home here on GALS, but I want to make it clear, that no one from any of Gerry's dedicated fansites have been the cause of this decision. The people I am referring to are posters on another site, which is NOT a dedicated fansite.

There are lots of great fansites out there, cuz Gerry is too special for just one or two!

Swannie

Swannie ~

I am so sorry to read that you will no longer be posting your heartfelt messages of support for Gerry due to some insensitive, self-centered, insecure cowards.

Please keep in mind that people who find it necessary to constantly belittle others usually have little in their life which brings them true joy. They love putting others down so that they can feel superior because in “real life” they feel powerless and weak. With the anonymity which the internet brings, this seems to bring out the worst in those types of people. They are truly pathetic beings and I find when I look upon them with pity, I can better deal with the criticism and sarcasm in a positive manner. Sometimes this is easier said than done…I know.

If you decide to change what brings YOU joy all because these pathetic beings have criticized you, then who has won? I don’t know, maybe I’m just an ornery cuss, but there is no way in Hades I would allow that to happen and neither should you. The pathetic beings are like the bullies on the playground. If you give in, they will continue to bully you. But like any TRUE bully, if you stand up for yourself, they usually run for the hills because THEY are the true cowards.

Swannie, be true to yourself and don’t let them stop you!

:hugs:

Dr. Em

Dearest Swannie,

This has been playing on my mind all last night and all today. We all love your writings and talentd musical works here. Don't let these mindless, demonic, evil individuals get to you. They are just trying to be noticed, like the child is being bad to get attention. You have been apart ofus for so long, we need your posts and poems and letters to Gerry to inspire us and for me, your writings somedays make it easier for me to go on when my life seems full of despair.

You are a talented, gifted individual who shares your soul with all of us. Don't let these wicked people take you away from us, you are staying true to yourself and you must go on sharing with those of us who love and appreciate you.

You know, I spent mywhole life fighting the tongues of kids in school, they made my life a living hell. I held my head up and I went on and I took it from whom it came. It hurt yes, but I was the bigger person., the one with brains. You know, the Bible says that the tongue is the most vivcious weapon that we have. Those who seek to use it to destroy are the wicked. Those people are jealous of your talents. You hold your head up, pick yourself up and write even more. Don't give in to the evil that always lurks behind every corner. Trust me, I know what I am saying... you hear me girl??? Ok then... you know we love you and we respect your great talents and to take away your gifts to us for a few nasty people is not good for your soul or ours. We need you Swannie, your a gem of a human being., a beautiful soul that has been given to all of us as God's gift. I wish I could give half as much as you do to the Gals here. The only talent I am great at is eating doughnuts, as you all know... lol... :D LU

Write me if you want to talk... Love you Midnight

You Go Girl :claphands: :dance: :D

Ladies, your kindness astounds me, but really, too much of a fuss is being made about this. I'm not leaving GALS, and I will still be posting the same as usual on other threads. This is just best for me right now. The truth is, Gerry is probably far too busy these days to read the fan messages. Please don't fret over this, because it's really just a small thing.

Swannie

Swannie, I'm sorry I am just seeing this (have only had time for brief visits on vacation this past week). It really makes me furious. There are so many of us who love reading your deepest thoughts, they inspire us and put words to what is in our own hearts, yet we are incapable of expressing as beautifully as you do. We need you to say it for us.

As Dayna mentioned, these scuzballs are cowards. They are jealous of the joy you possess and your elogance in expressing it. By giving in to their unjustified criticism, you are punishing us and yourself - not them. Please continue sharing your deepest feelings with us. The bullies are not important - they only wish they were. And I'm afraid that if you allow them to stifle your writing talent, you will be inadvertantly granting them a small degree of totally undeserved importance, while at the same time, withholding your wonderful talent from us and hurting your own self esteem in the process.

Please think this whole scenario over carefully and ask yourself, "Who wins here?" You must continue as you always have - state your mind and your heart as often as you feel inspired - You have always been like our spokesperson for telling the world the heart of Gerry fandom - we need you.

Hugs,

Libby

Swannie ~

I am so sorry to read that you will no longer be posting your heartfelt messages of support for Gerry due to some insensitive, self-centered, insecure cowards.

Please keep in mind that people who find it necessary to constantly belittle others usually have little in their life which brings them true joy. They love putting others down so that they can feel superior because in “real life” they feel powerless and weak. With the anonymity which the internet brings, this seems to bring out the worst in those types of people. They are truly pathetic beings and I find when I look upon them with pity, I can better deal with the criticism and sarcasm in a positive manner. Sometimes this is easier said than done…I know.

If you decide to change what brings YOU joy all because these pathetic beings have criticized you, then who has won? I don’t know, maybe I’m just an ornery cuss, but there is no way in Hades I would allow that to happen and neither should you. The pathetic beings are like the bullies on the playground. If you give in, they will continue to bully you. But like any TRUE bully, if you stand up for yourself, they usually run for the hills because THEY are the true cowards.

Swannie, be true to yourself and don’t let them stop you!

:hugs:

Dr. Em

I'm sorry, dear Dayna, but I some how missed your post. And that's exactly how I feel right now. Just like I used to when people made fun of me on the playground. Really, this is just hurting too much. Some people rebound from being mocked by others, I never have.

I certainly do not mean to give into the bullies....

I'll give this some thought. You all are amazing friends.

Swannie, I'm sorry I am just seeing this (have only had time for brief visits on vacation this past week). It really makes me furious. There are so many of us who love reading your deepest thoughts, they inspire us and put words to what is in our own hearts, yet we are incapable of expressing as beautifully as you do. We need you to say it for us.

As Dayna mentioned, these scuzballs are cowards. They are jealous of the joy you possess and your elogance in expressing it. By giving in to their unjustified criticism, you are punishing us and yourself - not them. Please continue sharing your deepest feelings with us. The bullies are not important - they only wish they were. And I'm afraid that if you allow them to stifle your writing talent, you will be inadvertantly granting them a small degree of totally undeserved importance, while at the same time, withholding your wonderful talent from us and hurting your own self esteem in the process.

Please think this whole scenario over carefully and ask yourself, "Who wins here?" You must continue as you always have - state your mind and your heart as often as you feel inspired - You have always been like our spokesperson for telling the world the heart of Gerry fandom - we need you.

Hugs,

Libby

I love you Libby...

Something I have absolutely no tolerance for is bullies. I'm sorry this has been done to you, Swannie. I echo Dayna and Libby's sentiments, and of all else who've posted on this thread. If we were on a physical playground, so to speak, I'd kick these playground bullies' arses... but what's better than that is continuing on with your life as YOU want to live it, as Dayna said, then the bullies lose their power.

Easier said than done, I know...and you're such a sweet, sensitive soul, Swannie. Perhaps you should watch "300" again and remember the lessons from the Spartans...

:hearts:

~Mel

I've always had this wonderful vision...and it always makes me smile....I imagine Gerry sometimes dropping by GALS...when he has a free moment, and wants just to relax....I see him coming here and reading some of the posts...scratching his head and thinking 'I don't get it...but these gals really like me...the things they post! They make me smile! Especially that one...Swansong....' I can imagine him when he's feeling low and reading her posts, poems , stories....and his soul lifting! I love to picture him with a smile on his face. She makes my soul take flight also, and always makes me feel special for being one of many who have been touched in our hearts by this wonderful person...Gerry Butler. I don't know that he reads the messages that are posted here...messages from the heart....but we are all better, happier, people for being able to partake of the beautiful messages of love and inspiration Swan has given us...her special gift of putting thoughts and feelings into just the right words that speak for all of us....and I appreciate that gift more than I can express....

Maiden of the Mirrors,

Wondering Angel of the Lair

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Trouble

Ahhhh.Trouble, You nailed it. Swannie , you are a gift to all of us here...and I feel too that if Gerry reads some of our messages Yours would be the first ones he would seek out. You hold us together in a lot of ways when we have been down or questioning our purposes for being on here. I hope we do see you on other threads often, but please , dont change your feelings about being loved or needed here.

Swannie, I just saw this thread. I am so sorry some insensitive slob doesn't have anything better to do then to bully a women with more class and grace in her little finger then most people posses! Please reconsider you decision. GALS is a wonderful place because of YOU! Your compassion outshines even the brightest star in the heavens and we would be lost without you and your wonderful gifts you have given us.

Honey I love you and all your talents you have shown us.

Bella

Okay, Deb... you made me cry. Thank you so much for your sweet words. It seems like anything I say at this point is redundant, but please know, everyone.... I appreciate your kindness more than I can say.

I'd like to join in the fantasy that Gerry does read ALL our messages to him. I'd like to think that ALL of our words have the power to move and encourage him at certain times when he needs it. It feels a little awkward to be singled out as someone whose messages he reads more than others, but I appreciate all your love and encouragement.

Swannie