Gerard Butler GALS

My messages to Gerry

Swansong

Swannie, please don't stop posting your thoughts. If you do that, then these mean spirited people have won.

Yes, this may be a public forum but this is one that is meant to inspire Gerry and give him encouragement. There is a real good chance that he might just check in every once in a while to see what his fans think of him. Quite a few stars do that, you know. There is one famous singer, I can't remember who, that stated that she got inspiration from reading some of her fan mail when she was feeling down. Christina Aquilera even put some audio clips of messages that her fans left, for her, on her web site, on one of her songs from her last album. What if, one day Gerry needs a little lift and he logs on to .net and all of your messages are gone. Screw the mean people, I think that Gerry would want to hear your heartfelt messages of praise.

Some of the things that you say, I feel the same way. But I'm just not articulate enough to express it. But, you are and that is your gift, so use it. I want you to think of something Swannie, each time that Gerry acts in a role he exposes a bit of himself. He puts all of his heart and soul into his roles and all for us to enjoy. When he does this he also sets himself up for tremendous criticism and you know that it hurts him on some level. I think that he has revealed that, to some extent, in some of his interviews, after Phantom came out. Swannie, some people raked him over the coals WORLD WIDE. He exposed parts of himself through that role, and was lambasted. Emmy Rossum was nominated for a Golden Globe, for her performance as Christine, and I believe that some others, in the cast, were nominated, as well. Gerry was not. Yet he showed up, for the awards, as a presenter, and did it with grace. You know that he must have been dyeing, inside, to see that so many were nominated and he was not. I think that his feelings were exposed in the Leno interview when he said something like,"Everybody was nominated for an award but me." Honey, he was raked over the coals, but he kept acting. He didn't let the mean spirited people get him down and stop him. You have said, before, that his life has inspired you. So let him inspire you again and DON'T LET THEM GET YOU DOWN AND DON'T LISTEN TO THEM. As Gerry once said,''Just go do it.'' I think I know what site you are talking about and I don't go there anymore because they're just mean. Gerry will be blasted, in the press, many more times. But he will keep going and so should you.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought of something and I have to post it now. I AM TICKED OFF that some people did this to you. Swannie, YOU ARE NOT ALONE ON THIS PLAYGROUND. You got some friends in your corner, this time. These people are jealous. I want you to go back and look at those pictures of when Gerry hugged you in Vegas. The look on his face was priceless. He was giving you the most genuinely kind smile that I have ever seen and, deary, it was aimed right at you.

Don't you back down because of these bullies. Gerry didn't back down to the bullies, that call themselves movie critics, he just brought out the King in him. So, respond to your bullies by bringing out your inner Queen.

So there, I have said what I had to say.

swansong--

i haven't been here for long i don't post very often and i don't know you very well but i've read a lot of posts onthis board and have never ever found anything laughable at in your posts. you're so very talented with your wording and seem to me you know how to express your inner feelings i think if anybody reading what you write only feel the urge of mocking you first of all are insensitive morons and secondly they don't seem real fans to me.

hope they won't keep you from posting here because i would be missing reading what you write that's one sure thing.

--lynne

Swannie,

You've had loads of advice from those who care how you feel. All I can add is a quotation from a certain Gerard Butler. I'm sure you've seen the interview .....

"You only have one life. Follow your heart. Be yourself".

As in so many things he says Gerry hits the nail on the head. Listen to him.

Well I for one hope that you reconsider your decision and continue posting your messages on the board. I will never understand how some people can sit there and continue to ridicule someone for the sake of it. I know of a couple sites where their whole purpose is to belittle anyone who as they sometimes say over gush over Gerry. If they're true fans they should be able to understand how a true fan feels. I know it's hard, but I wouldn't give them that satisfaction in knowing that their words got to you. I would continue posting what you feel and just ignore the fools who choose to either disagree or ridicule.

Cassie

You ladies have given me so much to think about. I guess my initial reaction was to protect myself, and I swear, I had no idea so many of you even read those messages. So, the question is, are the messages I write to Gerry, for myself.... or for all of you too?

I need to give this more thought.

I write to Gerry but so many women have the same feelings about him. We can't all be wrong! Everyone on this site seems so respectful of Gerry that I feel comfortable. We know that he is just a man but he does have that certain something! I for one will continue to have my fun!

I've come up with a sort of solution, at least for now. I've set up a forum on my own Chanson site where I can post messages to Gerry without fear of having them read by people who may abuse them. I know it's kind of silly, because Gerry will never see them there, but at least for me, it's a place where I can express my feelings freely.

Any of you are welcome to read my Messages to Gerry on my site, but you must be a registered user. I am the Admin over there, so I can control the membership. I have also set up this forum so that you may reply. Just click the link beneath my siggy and then click on "Register" to become a member.

At some point, for the sake of you lovely Gerry fans, and for my own self esteem... and for our dear Gerry.... I will begin posting messages to him here again. But for now, I need a little time to re-group.

I feel very honored to have friends like you. Your counsel and wisdom are beautiful.

Love,

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

I've come up with a sort of solution, at least for now. I've set up a forum on my own Chanson site where I can post messages to Gerry without fear of having them read by people who may abuse them. I know it's kind of silly, because Gerry will never see them there, but at least for me, it's a place where I can express my feelings freely.

Any of you are welcome to read my Messages to Gerry on my site, but you must be a registered user. I am the Admin over there, so I can control the membership. I have also set up this forum so that you may reply. Just click the link beneath my siggy and then click on "Register" to become a member.

At some point, for the sake of you lovely Gerry fans, and for my own self esteem... and for our dear Gerry, if he ever stops by.... I will begin posting messages to him here again. But for now, I need a little time to re-group.

I feel very honored to have friends like you. Your counsel and wisdom are beautiful.

Love,

Swannie

Swannie, I feel bad that you have to move to another site to write your messages to Gerry. Here's my simple thoughts. If you leave, they win, if you stay, you win. You have more people backing you here then the few who are jealous of your excellent writings. Yes, they are jealous, that's why they make fun. It's where this world has turned to. Sad as it may seem. Don't let them destroy the freedom of your writing.

:hugs: Kathy

I've thought this over all night. I've come to the conclusion that in my weird need to be accepted and loved, I've lost sight of the most important thing. I've allowed the criticism of others to rob me of the reason I joined the fansites in the first place. Because for whatever reason.... Gerry gives me joy.

You are all right.... I cannot allow a few sour voices to rob me of joy. I do feel joy when I write to him, and giving that up for fear of the negative opinions of others is just plain dumb.

After all, this isn't just about me and my stupid insecurities. It's about being a part of this community, and about encouraging Gerry.

So.... If others want to laugh and mock my writings, then so be it.

Dear Gerry,

I don't know about you, but I suffered through some traumatic events in my childhood, connected with brutal teasing from other children. It's funny, how even at my age, those memories can still draw up pain from the darkest regions of my soul. I know most children are victims of teasing, but when a child has nightmares of being stoned by other children as I did, I suppose there is something deeper going on.

This may be why, to this day, I cannot stomach teasing inflicted in a certain spirit, and if that makes me weak and overly sensitive, well then I guess that's what I am. (By the way, your kind of teasing is not hurtful)

Knowing that others mock my messages to you hurt me deeply, because through those messages, I sometimes expose the most vulnerable parts of myself. To be honest, I do not even know why I am compelled to do this, but I somehow sense that you are a person of deep compassion and empathy... who would understand.

So for me, you have become a kind of muse..... a focus for my creativity and an outlet for my deepest expressions. God, I hope you are not offended by that.... it's just that there is something very special about you, Gerry. Many of us feel that, but we are unable to express or explain it to others.

Did you know that some of your fans see me as someone who can express for them, what they cannot say? I find that amazing. Several were quite adamant that I continue posting my messages to you, because THEY read them, and need them. That feels a little awkward, and makes me seem self important, but because I like to write, and do write a lot about you.... they see themselves and their inexpressible feelings in my words. Such sweet and lovely people they are.... your fans.

I don't care what you've heard Gerry.... I don't give a damn about those few fans who've disrespected you . The majority of the ladies I know personally, are AMAZING people, with amazing stories to tell about how you have positively impacted their lives, and about how their connections with each other have fostered positive changes. It is important to me, that their voices be heard, and that they be understood for who they truly are, and NOT the false perceptions of others. And so I will gladly speak my thoughts to you here, even if they are misjudged and mocked.

The most recent photo we saw of you from Sydney was lovely! You are looking well, and bright of countenance. We are all wishing you the best as you move from one project to another. We love you, and think the world of you, Gerry.

As always,

with love and respect,

Bonnie Anne

What you said Swannie was wonderful! I think that we all have something special being together on the website. There are forces bigger than all of us at work here. It may have started with Gerry but I think God or whatever any one believes is at work here. We are being blessed! I always feel better have visiting with the GB gals. I'm glad that you took the time to feel all of our good thoughts & prayers. Lets all enjoy what is happening here. I don't question it any more, I just accept it. All of you have given me joy & hope for the future!

Love ,

MaryLee

BRAVO SWANSONG!!!! *claps wildly*

I will join in with the rest of the GALS here who have thrown in support for your writings. This is an open forum and people are allowed to express their opinions. I for one find your writings to be eloquent and heartfelt and am extremely glad you decided not to have a few naysayers deprive the rest of us of your talent. Well Done M'lady, Well Done.

:cheer2::claphands::throw:

Hi Swannie,

Somehow, I missed this thread. :confused: But I'm hopeful that you will continue to share your thoughts here. Why some of those people find it necessary to be so mean is beyond me. They are small minded people with nothing else better to do with their time than to criticize someone's heartfelt thoughts simply out of meanness. Perhaps they don't understand the impact that Gerry has had on other people's lives. That's fine. But to put down and mock someone else for expressing themselves in a way that is obviously coming from the heart? I don't get it.

You have the gift of words. You have been able to express exactly what I've felt at times when I just can't make the words come out. I'm sorry that you've been hurt by the bullies that you are speaking of. But don't let them win. I hope they are reading these words as well and realize that rather than being frightened of them, we all pity them.

I wouldn't waste my time in the places where you've read these cruel remarks. The writers of those words don't deserve the time of day nor another ounce of attention.

:hugs: to you,

Jilly :rose:

Edited by discoveringme
Huge *WAVE* to Trouble. Nice to see you!!!

Hoooaaa!!!( 3 times!) Swann....

Every Gal has her own special place in the phalanx....thanks for holding your ground and maintaining the strength and integrity of our amazing unit....your heart and motives are above reproach...Love Ya!

Hi Jilly!

Posted Image

Edited by Trouble

Oh my dear! I just found this and it hurts my heart to know you are hurt. I know the site whereof you speak – I do read there – they often find news and pictures before anyone else – BUT and that’s a BIG BUT – so many posters there are so hurtful to others sometimes I even feel a bit sorry for them (not really). And they turn on each other a lot, too.

I am so glad you have decided to not stop posting. I think you have a sense now how many people love you and look forward to your beautiful words and your words are NEVER hurtful or mean spirited. So many times you are able to articulate the very thoughts and feelings inside of me (how do you do that?) It’s almost like we are kindred souls – and then I see so many others feel the same way - must be one BIG soul. You are a very special lady and so gifted and talented. I see your fingerprints sometimes on other websites as I scan their news and am glad you keep the same name or similar so I know it’s you. I look for you because I know your words will be wonderful.

My dear Swannie – you are one of the main reasons I am a member here – I appreciate you very much. Don't quit - don't change - consider the source, and as we used to say where I worked "Don't let the bast**ds get you down!

:hearts:

Judy

I'm just sitting here in tears.... I hardly know what to say to the kindness you have all shown me. Judy (Dreamer).... your words are healing balm. Thanks you so much for speaking your mind.

Gerry's Christine..... your words bless me so much. You have no idea how much power they wield.

I wanted to share with you a post I've copied from another site. Oddly enough, this is from a current discussion that has NOTHING to do with my situation or me personally, and yet when I read it this morning, it slapped me upside the head. I shall PM this person later this evening with my thanks.

Swannie

Is it worth getting upset over? Maybe. If you feel challenged or upset, then there is something within yourself that needs to be addressed-- Is it a challenge of tolerance?... the ability to see the whole picture and identify the pertinent from the petty?.... reaction vs overreaction?... are you allowing yourself to give the destructive opinion of another person your energy and time?.... Is so, why? - In all walks of life in every venue, there are people out there ruining things for everyone sucked into their riptide. But beating a dead horse, if you don't have a solution, gets you nowhere. Who wants to be like the annoying tea kettle sitting uselessly on the stove while screaming at the heat... until it is removed from the situation it will only continue until it dries up. The only thing you can really do is what you can and work to be better for it.

Come on... Choose to circumnavigate, bow up with bravado, quietly acquiesce, boil with animosity, or play others into a frenzy out of maliciousness, ... act, react, overreact... Whatever, but do not allow yourself to become a marionette to dance when someone wants to push your button. We are who we are and choose who we choose to be. Let it go.

If you feel uncomfortable with it, define your comfort zone and respect yourself. If others don't mind, understand and respect that they have a different view. ...Please don't give weight to the babbling of others by playing into their game. The only person walking the face of this Earth you have anything to prove to, should believe in you the most or can make you happy is yourself. If you name anyone else, it's because you allow them to have that kind of control or because you have chosen to place that kind of burden on them.

Everyone has an opinion. Agree to disagree. Let it go.

And Swann...how many times have you done the same thing....who knows who or how many hearts you have touched and inspired with your your own wonderful posts, and beautiful messages to Gerry? What goes around , comes around in it's time...you have met this challenge head -on and overcome...and something good has come of all this...It's Good to be a Gal....what a privilege and honor....this event can inspire all of us to be better people....and if it weren't for Gerry being the person he is, and Dayna noticing his uniqueness, none of us would be here to reap the blessings....

Hooray!! Posted ImagePosted ImageSwannie's over come those Posted ImagePosted Image people!

I am over joyed to know that you will continue to express yourself. Everyone's right ya know, you do seem to be able to say exactly what we are feeling. That my dear is a blessing and a gift. One I am glad you will continue to share with us. Posted Image

Posted ImageDeb