Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Cat, Mel and Jenniper thank you my dear friends. Peggy, now you know you were going to bring me to tears! I love you my friend!

Dawn, hello...and welcome back!!!! Sorry it has to be because you are laid up! Do tell? What kind of work do you do? I would love to hear! ... and what the he.. did you do on the golf course?

hugs,

Sue

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GGGGGRRRRRRR everytime I've posted tonight I've had to do it twice.When I go into my photobucket I lose everything, I just want to scream.Not even gonna go there this time.

Big hugs to all who need them and those who don't as well.

Sue sweetie, I didn't mean to make you cry.Sorry. :hugs: Peggy

Sue:

I'm so sorry to hear of your friends terrible

news. But you know, doctors are human too

and can be wrong about time.

All of you will be in my prayers and thoughts.

By the way, I love your Avitar....That picture

just gets to me..... :hugs:

Edited by Trekkiegoober

Hi again

Irish, I normally work at the racetrack, spend a substantial amount of time working with, kneeling beside thoroughbreds..and don't get hurt...

Then, I go golfing, go to turn the golf cart in reverse, and for those who don't know...golf carts have something installed in them called a governor, which prevents them from going quickly...it's like using first gear in an automatic on a super steep hill...weeeeelllllllll, this golf cart didn't have one, spun in a circle and my left leg from ankle to mid calf, was kinda sorta crushed between my cart and another that was parked behind me. The cart spun out so fast I was almost thrown out, and had to time to react, except to hold on...and well...now I can't walk, my leg had burst open in one spot and I'm currently on my second batch of antibiotics, the keflex wasn't working (oh, I have a nasty infection in my leg now too, turns out no broken bones doesn't mean crap, 'cause crush injuries are worse) so now it's Clindamycin...so please, let's hope it works..'cause this is getting really crappy.

I've never had something happen to me before that actually prevented me from walking at all, having to spend 90% of my time with my leg elevated is boring as all get out, and sometimes I'm finding myself very depressed...Sorry, didn't mean to whine, it's difficult to go from being so active to not being able to freakin' take care of myself, we don't know when I will walk again, what sort of damage there is inside my leg, 'cause there's still too much inflamation to tell...I miss my horses, and having someone else taking care of them sucks big time...

Ok I digress, I just worry too much...

Dawn

Big :hugs: to you, Dawn. Sorry to hear about your accident.

You wouldn't think the golf course is the place you'd have to be concerned about.

Take care and hope you heal fast with no more complications. Gotta get you back on your feet so you can take care of the critters at the race track. :kisswink:

Thanks Jill,

and no kidding, although I'm not optimistic about how long this is gonna take, I am actually not capable of putting weight on my leg at all, and right now, I don't know when...or if I'll have a permanent limp or anything, I'm so close to being ready to amputate...

Sue...{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry and adding my prayers with everyone. Yes Peggy is right. I just hope the quality of life would make the Doc's wrong in some of those cases. Sometimes it's a blessing ..sometimes it's not!! It's times like these when we hold our loved ones tighter and appreciate them more while we can. BTW...I miss being here as much as I used to too!! I'm only a PM away Sweetie!

Beachie.... :kiss: thanks for putting the sweetener in my Java this AM. *Phew* Ain't he purty??? :heat:

Mel, good job keeping the Gerry juice flowing across the Deep blue Seas!! :claphands:

So Peg....what's the problem?? Huh? Puter making you :tantrum::tantrum: Happens to me all the time too!

:wave: and {{{HUGGLES}}} to all my Gals and Pal...s?

Edited by ladyfran

Oh Dawn.....hugs and I'm Posted Image that you will make a complete recovery.....I have a friend...actually he is like a kid brother (he introduced me over 25 years ago to his big sister, because when we met he said we were like twins...lol,) who owns and trains race horses at Golden Gate Fields in San Francisco....I can't imagine what Sean would do away from his horses...so I kinda know what you are going through.....I will be praying that you heal quickly and are able to get back to them (BUT when you do....you still need to come here...ok?)

Thanks Deb....I love my avatar too...but it's Stef who is the genius who has made all of these fantastic PS I Love you avatars!

Frannie, you open the gate now....PMs on the way (I haven't wanted to bother you because I know how busy you are....but I'm PMing you now lady!

hugs,

Sue

Sue ~ so sorry to hear about your friend :hug:

Dawn ~ OUCH! That sounds painful. I hope you have a speedy recovery with no lasting damage.

Here's something for all you Gals....

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Golden Gate huh, I've never been there, just Woodbine, Keeneland and Fairgrounds, but I love wagering on Golden Gate, the longshots always come in for me there...and yeah...word is my horses miss me too, I try and hobble into the barn on my crutches once a week and visit with my girls (all my horses are fillies now, my big guy fractured a back ankle and he's gone home, that happened a week before I got hurt...lol

Dawn, I'm so sorry about your injury and will say a prayer that you heal completely. This hasn't been a great year for leg injuries - I don't know if you were around when Big Mike (Spot's hubby) stepped on one of their kid's toys and ended up hospitalized with a terrible infection in his leg. Thanks to God and many prayers he recovered, but it was a very scary time.

Hugs to every one who needs one. I've been at work for almost 13 hours now so I think it is time to go home (and take about 3 hours of work home with me). GAAAHHH!!!

DAWN!! OMIGOODNESSGRACIOUS!! GOLF course?? I knew that sport was no good...knew it all along! :bonk:

I'm SO sorry about your leg, hon...you're in my thoughts and prayers. Such a change in lifestyle is VERY hard! I'm very glad you do have someone to take care of you...as annoying as it is to depend so much on someone else, I'm glad they're there for ya.

I have an interview tomorrow for a job I might actually have a shot at... *crosses fingers* Do a raindance for me, all! :D It's so bizarre being out of work this long...I'm not used to it, and it's driving me a bit crazy! And well...one's funds DO tend to deplete rather quickly as well...

Kay all, I must depart *why am I being so formal?*

G'night!

~Mel

Oh Dawn, what a bummer. And stuck on a couch too. I bet that's going to drive you crazy but at least you will catch up with us more often (yep, here is an optimist speaking).

I hear Risa broke her leg too. What is it with you GALS...hope it's not catching.

However, I fell over today (high heels and an footpath and my head not on where I was walking..ugh) and have a nasty scrape on my knee and a huge gravel rash on my hand. Came home early. Still not as bad as anything broken or infected or stuck on a couch.

Thinking of you all

Cat

Sue - I'm so sorry to hear about about your friend, Ron. Sending positive thoughts his way and to Sherry too. Wishing her strength to get through the difficult time ahead. And medical miracles do happen.

Hugs,

Ann

Hi Dawn, It's been a long time since I've been around to say hi :hug99: to you. I will be praying. That injury does not sound like fun at all, and I know being away from your babies is really hard. I hope your recovery is swift! Love and positive thought are coming your way. Linda

Mel, good luck on the interview!

Mousie :wave:

Gals, I'm glad you all like the morning coffee yesterday . . . This is my day to work the evening shift, so I slept in a bit and missed the first cup of coffee. . . but I found these while I was reading my Gerry news this morning . . so how about a bit of Black and White steaminess to heat up your day . . .

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Enjoy!!! Remember to double click on some of these.

Beachie

P.S. Susan and Mel, thank you for the welcome back! And, Anna, I hope you got my PM.

Edited by givemeabeach

Morning all,

I slept in obviously lol!! How is everyone? Jenn, Beachie, Susan and Mel, thanks for the wishes/prayers I'm needing them. I'm sorry to hear about Big Mike having fought off an infection...hopefully I don't have to be hospitalized for this one, it's all up to these new antibiotics. And Risa? What happened to her? When? that really sucks!!

Mel, good luck on the job interview, as for the rain dance...I'm sorry but I can't oblige, I can do a rain HOP if you like?

Hugs

Dawn :bonk:

Hi everyone, and especially.... Hi Dawn! Wow, I am so sorry to hear of your mishap. I know first hand how a crushed leg can get infected. I once slammed my leg in a folding chair (standing up on one to hang Christmas lights..... CAN YOU SAY, DORK????) The leg was seriously caught in the chair, and my friends had to pry me loose from that thing. An infection ensued, even with no break in the skin. Finally what cleared it up for me was alternate ice/hot water soakings. Not fun... but it killed the infection.

Dawn, I really hope the antibiotics make you well. Will you be getting any physical therapy once the infection has cleared? Anyhow, nice to see you here again.

Beachie.... it is so great to see you back in the SC... and the pictures you are posting make my heart stop!

Still recovering from migraine, house is all torn up with painting and remodeling projects, but other than that.... life is great!

So Sorry about your husband's best friend, Sue, but perhaps he will fool the doctors and go into remission. We can pray to that affect.

Hugs to all!

Swannie

Beachie -THANK YOU for those pictures! :spontaneous:

Swannie - I hope the Migraine gets better soon! *hugs*

Dawn - Very sorry to hear about your injury, hope you get back to running speed soon.

Mel - Crossing fingers, toes, eyes and arms that you get the job. Positive energy coming your way!

Sue - You're still in my prayers and just a few small words of comfort again today for you... Doctors have been known to be wrong, as they are only human as well. :hearts:

To the rest of you wonderful GALS - :hug:

Hey all,

Swannie, I honestly can't say whether there will be physio, for all I know, I could need surgery...by the way it feels, and the fact that I can't bend my ankle in a couple directions, there's a good chance tendons and ligaments might be damaged...first we have to kill this nasty infection...I imagine there's is therapy in my future though I gotta admit, when the injury occured, I asked the Doctor who took care of me whether I could go on antibiotics right then to be proactive against infection (because my leg had popped open down to the adipose tissue, and he said it wasn't a big worry MORON)

...Iliessa thanks for the well wishes, I need all that I can get.

Hugs

Dawn

Here's something for all you Gals....

Posted Image

Wow, Jenn! I just realize that I don't have this one... right clicked, saved. TY! I love the Drac look...

Edited by givemeabeach