Gerard Butler GALS

Susan G Komen Race for the Cure!

Guest greyeyegoddess

Guest greyeyegoddess

It's that time of year again fans, where we turn our attention to something that affects all of us, whether personally or through someone we know.

If you aren't participating locally, we do have fans who are grouping together and any support will be greatly appreciated. If you have a group you are working with, please let us know! We can all help each other out.

http://www.komendenver.org/site/TR?pg=team...p;team_id=17000

Posted Image

~alice

Alice, you're a dear friend... thank you.

Komen Race for the cure is very personal and near and dear to my heart as well as my co-captain, fellow GB fan and GAL's member Emmie.

Thank you everyone for cheering us on and for supporting Susan G. Komen.

xx

~Kathy

Edited by Ciuineas

• 2 weeks later...

I have an email into one of the Legacy Warriors asking about how to donate by check. My donation will be on its way once I have the info.

Congratulations to the team for surpassing their goal!!!!

I have an email into one of the Legacy Warriors asking about how to donate by check. My donation will be on its way once I have the info.

Congratulations to the team for surpassing their goal!!!!

Hi Susan,

I checked with the girls, I'm sorry but no one seems to have received your email you mentioned on Oct. 5th. I'm afraid an offline donation wouldn't have made to us in time as the race was on Oct. 7th. You can still make an online donation if you would like.

Legacy Warriors - Komen Team Page

We're so very thankful for everyone's support of Susan G. Komen and for cheering us, the Legacy Warriors on!

I am very proud of the Legacy Warriors Team, they did an amazing job of raising $3,810!!

Emmie and I are both survivors of this awful disease, we are so deeply touched by all of the love, support and beautiful friendships we have been blessed with.

Warmest of Hugs

~Kathy

Here is a couple pic's of most of the team members...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Ciuineas

Hi Kathy - the email was sent to JeanneMarie to the addy she used to send notifications to friends about the Legacy Warriors walk - I sent it October 4. Maybe that address was not set up to receive replies, but it didn't bounce back to me, so I thought it went through. The problem is that I had wanted to the on-line thing with American Express and it won't take it, so I hoped to mail a check. I'll see what I can do with another card on line, it will be something, but the Amex or check could have been a bit more.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the team - you all look wonderful!! Congratulations on such a successful walk.

P.S. - I hope to see some of the Legacy Warriors in Las Vegas in June where we will be putting on the ritz and kicking it up a notch to raise more money for Susan G. Komen for the Cure!! This is a cause near and dear to us at GALS.

Susan

I am so honored to have had the opportunity to walk with these brave warriors and be a part of a beautiful experience.

We shared hugs, laughs, smiles and tears, but tears of joy, success, and strength. There is nothing more powerful than women banding together in support of each other.

That is what this site is for me as well, what these women mean to me. I am so grateful and blessed to have such friends.

Thank you, Kathy and Emmie, for being such amazing Captains, leaders, encouragers, and friends. I salute you!! Aw-hooooo!!! :claphands:

Hi Kathy - the email was sent to JeanneMarie to the addy she used to send notifications to friends about the Legacy Warriors walk - I sent it October 4.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the team - you all look wonderful!! Congratulations on such a successful walk.

Susan,

Many thanks for your very generous donation!!!

I have advised JeanneMarie of your Oct. 4th email to her other addy.

P.S. - I hope to see some of the Legacy Warriors in Las Vegas in June where we will be putting on the ritz and kicking it up a notch to raise more money for Susan G. Komen for the Cure!! This is a cause near and dear to us at GALS.

Susan

I've mentioned on more than one occasion as well as my earlier posting how much it means to me how much everyone's support and kindness means to me not only as an ongoing survivor but also as a GAL's member myself. There are a few of us Legacy Warriors that are GAL's members such as Marge, Emmie and myself.

With my dads recent strokes and my parents health I'm not sure what trips I'll be able to make at this point. I'm not sure about all of the other girls.

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

I was just wondering if GALS itself has a team for the SGK Race for the Cure? I know that workplaces and different organizations do this, and they wear their team shirts for the race. I thought it could be really cool if GALS across the country ran/walked in their local SGK Race and all of us proudly wore our GALS shirts. A great way to spread the Gerry love too!

I don't know if this is feasible or not. Just a thought.

:hugs:

Rissa

PS, I realize this is coming a little late for this year, but maybe next year?

One of our local GALS was wanting to put together a group here on GALS that could do any number of charity walks and runs around the country (or the world).

I believe we are in the process of making GALS Charitable Foundation t-shirts (which are GORGEOUS BTW) available and they would be great for team walkers everywhere.

One of our local GALS was wanting to put together a group here on GALS that could do any number of charity walks and runs around the country (or the world).

I believe we are in the process of making GALS Charitable Foundation t-shirts (which are GORGEOUS BTW) available and they would be great for team walkers everywhere.

Thanks Susan! I just reminded my bro about two hours ago to send me graphic of the t-shirts so that we can post them on the board.

My brother is in advertising (has won a CLIO, which is like an Oscar for Advertising) and he designed our shirts. They are stunningly beautiful!

I'll text him and remind him to send the graphic again.

:hugs:

Dayna

I cannot wait to see them!!! I love GALS and all that is done for charity!