Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DonnaKat

Animated GIF's

Guest DonnaKat

I made a couple animated GIF's from "300" a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure if there was a "special" place to post these, so I hope this is the right place. They're kind of big on memory, so I'll just post the links:

GIF #1 (3.0M)

GIF #2 (5.2M)

Also, if anyone has any tips as to how to decrease the memory on these without sacrificing quality, I'd much appreciate the advice. I'm using ULEAD GIF animator at the moment...though I'm sure there are better programs out there.

HOLY COW, DONNA!!! THANKS FOR SHARING!!! I've right-clicked the snot out of that bad boy!!! YEEHAW!

Edit: Oh, yeah ... I fogot to say: WELCOME TO GALS!!! Glad to see ye posting!

Oh dear. :thud:

I'm mesmerized, and loving it.

Can we all say mmm mmm good?!?!

And welcome to GALS Donna!! :wave:

MMMMMMMMMMM!! Donna, Thanks for sharing and WELCOME! Nice work!

:D Fran

:tens::gerrylicious: animated GIF's! They are real eye openers! :thankyou: Donna and welcome to Gals.

Kathy :wave:

Guest DonnaKat

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! :wave: I'm just glad you enjoyed. :D

As for the question about the program, it's ULead GIF animator (I think 3.0). It's an older program and runs about $30. One of these days I'd like to get something more advanced, when money allows.

A little about me...I like to tinker around with computer stuff. I've made some videos, GIF's, etc. Since I'm new to Gerry's projects I've only made these GIF's, but as I get more familiar, I want to do more. I've been toying with the idea of making a fanvid for "300", but I'm still trying to find a song that fits the theme I want to create (if that makes any sense).

Again, I'm glad everyone likes the GIF's...I'm just happy to contribute.

Hi! Donna! :wave:

How did you make them with Ulead? Is there a way to capture the movie?

I use Ulead GIF Animator 5.....still learning all the tricks tho.

zany

Hi Zany! I use movie maker first to capture the clip I want, and then I save as and AVI file to my computer, then I go into ULEAD, and open the video, here you can change the size of the image, and then save it as a GIF..

I don't know how Donna does it..but that is one way..

Hugs

Thanks for the SEXY gifs Donna.. :wave:

OOH! The first picture is up close! Wonderful watching King Leonidas walk towards me!

Guest DonnaKat

Hi Zany! I use movie maker first to capture the clip I want, and then I save as and AVI file to my computer, then I go into ULEAD, and open the video, here you can change the size of the image, and then save it as a GIF..

I don't know how Donna does it..but that is one way..

Hugs

Thanks for the SEXY gifs Donna.. :wave:

You're very welcome!

I've done them that way too. But first I have to convert the DVD file into a workable format, because my Windows Movie Maker won't let me pull a regular DVD file into the program (unless I'm doing something wrong).

I do have a couple of programs: one is "DVD to AVI converter" (it cost me about $30). It's a very basic program with no frills. The other one is a little fancier (I can't remember the name of them off hand, since I'm at work). I bought it recently, but I still haven't quite figured out how to use it yet. :bonk:

If you want REALLY BIG versions of these two GIF's, here they are (they're really big, but they're really detailed :tasty: ):

Big ole honkin' 16.2M file

REALLY big ole honkin' 35.1M file

Guest DonnaKat

I made some more GIF's from "300" this evening.

http://www.donnakat.com/graphics/gifs/300/300-1.gif

http://www.donnakat.com/graphics/gifs/300/300-2.gif

http://www.donnakat.com/graphics/gifs/300/300-3.gif

http://www.donnakat.com/graphics/gifs/300/300-4.gif

http://www.donnakat.com/graphics/gifs/300/300-5.gif

I'm getting better at the "memory" thing, I think. I've been experimenting with different formats and compression. If these are too large for the forum, please let me know and I'll just post the links next time. :)

Very cool Donna!!

I've never done animated gif's. I need to learn how to do this. I have been making fan vids for about two years. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

''HOLY COW, DONNA!!! THANKS FOR SHARING!!! I've right-clicked the snot out of that bad boy!!! YEEHAW!''

Spotty you have a wonderful turn of phrase, but I agree, 'specially numbero Uno, :heat:

Well done and a very warm welcome to Gals Donna.

And I am so envious of anyone and everyone who does animation, I can hardly make static pics. :rotflmao: Kudos dear friends.

Hugs,

Anna x

Edited by Anna

WOW!!! ... like that! :heat: :tasty: :heat:

I hope you're working on a GIF of the fight scene, were Leonidas is running forward with the speer.... :D

Guest DonnaKat

WOW!!! ... like that! :heat: :tasty: :heat:

I hope you're working on a GIF of the fight scene, were Leonidas is running forward with the speer.... :D

I'm making my way down the movie, yes. :D There are so many good scenes, if I'm not careful I'll be "giffing" everything! :lol:

I was also making GIF's for another forum, so I cranked out quite a bit of work yesterday. I think the "300" ones turned out the best, though. By the time I got to these, I was figuring out which settings to use. A lot of times when I compress files, it screws up the quality so bad that it almost isn't worth it. I'll probably be 'redoing' a lot of my older GIF's this way...'cuz I'm picky about my work! :lol:

Gif number four & five are wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

Oh my....clickety, click, click, click!

Nice Work GALS!!!!

Guest DonnaKat

Awwww, I can't get them to open!! :confused:

That's strange....what error are you getting?

They are pretty big files, so if you have a slower system, you might have problems.

How's your internet connection?

they are like little mini movies, thank you for making these!!

DonnaKat those are great!

I am so not puter savy. You GALS amaze me!

Can I request Stelios drawing his sword, before the messenger loses his arm? :cunning: