Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Anna, thank you for the delightfully suggestive verses. Please remember I live by myself with no men in sight. Sigh! :cleavage2 Stop that, Gerry!! You aren't helping!

I lived in London for three years as a kid. At one point I became very ill and was sent to the country with friends to recover. They lived in Coombe. I wondered if that was near Castle Combe, but I looked it up on Google Earth and see that it is not. It is near Birmingham and Worcester. In the 50s, It was a tiny, quaint village with bluebells everywhere you looked. I got well quickly, but my parents had a heck of a time getting me back home again! I'd managed to loose my 9 year old heart to the son of the Vicar! I wonder if he is a carpenter now! :rotflmao:

Suzie

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wave: Good morning everyone; I hope you all had a pleasant weekend.

Cat, maybe I need to try some of those Tim Tams…

Lish, loved the pics of your precious little one..it’s pretty plain to see that your tender loving care is doing wonders for him; what a tiny angel!

Dawn, Paige, Cassie, hope you’re all feeling better!

Hey Mel, how’s the job hunt going?

Anna, what a wonderful way to start off my day, with pics from you! You never fail to make me feel good when you share your wonderful pictures....umm, yea…also referring to your “Handyman Gerry”… *sigh* ..plus, you’ve just given me one more reason to see “Stardust”..which has been on my “must see” list anyway, ever since I saw the first trailer! I hope you have a wonderful lunch, and I always eagerly await more pictures!

Suzie, hope your cabinet is all put together by now, and that you are none the worse for wear. Great story, by the way, of falling in love with the vicar’s son…and what a setting for a romance, huh?

You’re right, Jill..I think all the threads go through phases..sometimes real life just gets in the way and we don’t have the time to post as often as we’d like…Frannie, for whatever it’s worth, most of us come back eventually..I, for one, will forever remain a “vanilla” GAL..with just the right amount of "spice" thrown in when required! :D

Wow, Sue, those ARE two beautiful boys..you must be so proud!!

Okay, hope everyone has a wonderful day..I’m off to start mine!

Hugs to all!

Alison

AAAAWWWWW Gheez..............I'm such a whino oops, I mean whinER! Just reread that post....and YUCK! Didn't mean for it to sound that way :bonk: But thanks for making me feel better anyway Jilly and Alison and well....all you's guys! *Shucks*

Anna.........How do you do it? You always manage to post the best STUFF! All your manips and poems and above all those amazing pictures of your gorgeous homeland! Thanks Sweetie....you made my day once again! BTW.....the carpenter *wink* isn't too bad either.....he's fixing the gate on my fence at the bar right now and when he's finished I have other things for him to nail or screw down!! :cunning:

Alison......... Gotta give you a nickname I guess ....maybe Spice Drop! I know all about life getting in the way since buying this BAR!! I must have been totally daft that day........... :funnyface:

:wave: All..............gotta go and decorate for Halloween today and wait for an order to come in...yeah this is an intrusion on what I really want to do but as I mentioned up above......it's just life getting in the way!

{{{{HUGS}}} to all that need them and those that don't here's some more {{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}

:D Fran

noooooooo Frannie, I'm still up here in the light! I promise...don't go away!!!! :rotflmao:

and ummmm....Suzie, when you get finished with that carpenter....send him my way!!!! I'll find something for him to fix...I know I can!!!!! :tantrum: What do you mean you will never be through with him????

I haven't talked to Bry or Jane or my B2 in the past few days and to be honest I was afraid to call and see how things were going...but today I got an email from Jane with the subject reading "my beautiful boys (note the plural)...I saw that and my heart soared! And than when I opened the picture I started to cry....

Posted Image

They had gone to marine world today....so for today I am one happy mama!

Posted Image

love,

Sue

Now how did I miss this little gem before Sue? I am so happy for you. :bellydance: I adore the picture, you 'Happy MommaGal' :partytime::hugs:

I'm almost too full of delicious food to type, but what the heck, I'm having a day off! I forgot to take my camera,but I will go back again later in the week to get some shots for comparison, Himself asked me to remember to tell you that it was also the location for 'Dr Dolittle' ..................the 1960's version. :rotflmao: Ah! He remembers it well. :rotflmao:

Hugs,

Anna X

PS. I Love Y'a All :wave: Fran, Suzie, think I could do with the carpenter when you're done, loose screw needed........fixing! :rotflmao:

Edited by Anna

:wave: Happy Monday all. Sorry I was away all weekend, but I was surrounded by hot Scots so I think that made for a great way to spend the time. Those Penquin biscuits are the closest I have found to Tim Tams, but since I love either the dark chocolate or the double dipped Tim Tams the Penquins aren't QUITE as yummy (sorry, Anna and himself). But since Penquins are easier to find in the States (most Highland games and British shops sell them) I do often buy them. I have a co-worker from New Zealand who gets me Tim Tams when she goes back, or sometimes has her mom send us a few packs of them.

Why did that picture of Gerry with the screwdriver make me start humming "If you were a carpenter, and I was a lady, I would marry you anyway, I would have your baby"!?

Oh, this weekend was so wonderful. I took the train from where I live up to the Seaside Highland Games in Ventura, CA. They are literally right on the ocean, such a lovely venue. I spent most of my time enjoying the musical acts - Highland Way (our local favorite with the hot Glaswegian lead singer), Celtic Spring (the family that ALMOST won America's Got Talent last year), Alasdair Fraser (the world-famous Scottish fiddler) and his protege Natalie Haas (cellist), Alex Beaton (also world-renowned transplanted Scottish singer who has performed at the Tattoo in Edinburgh), and of course the wild boys - Wicked Tinkers and Tempest. When those last two get on stage together they REALLY rock the place. Poor Alex and Alasdair shared an outdoor stage that had the train tracks and freeway behind them and the main "street" through the fairgrounds in front of them. More than once they were rudely interrupted mid-performance by trains, motorcycles, or pipe bands. I felt so bad for them. One time when the freight train came through Alasdair started playing the Orange Blossom Special - that was a hoot. Another time he started "accompanying" the pipe bands in whatever they were playing and just as all the bands got past and out of earshot, here came the Amtrak, whistle blaring! Another time he was in a real zone, fiddling away when the Amtrak again interrupted him. That one really seemed to bother him, he called it a "sonic enema" and I called it fiddlus interruptus. Next time I think he needs to be on the indoor stage - it isn't nearly so pretty, but no train whistles or pipe bands to interrupt a special performance either. The funniest (ironic) part about the train interruptions is that Alasdair was promoting a trip called The Fiddle Train that he and Natalie are doing in November - a 5 day trip from Vancouver to Toronto on the train with fiddling, and a choir from Quebec.

Well, now I'm back at work, sort of, with so many things in front of me that I need to get done, so I had best take my leave. Sorry I don't have time to address everyone personally. I will say a few:

Fran and Peggy - I'm sorry for your loss and pray for you to find comfort in friends and family.

Paige - glad you are feeling better

Lish - your little Spartan is sure growing! What a cutie

Sue - glad you had some good news about your "boys"

Susie - good luck finding a hunky carpenter. I understand Harrison Ford does carpentry between acting gigs.

Hey all

Just wanted to drop in, finally getting the skin graft next Wednesday, get to do it under local anesthetic..woo hoo...after, it's three or four weeks of keeping the stoopid leg completely immobile!! oh well, I will ttyl all

Hugs

Dawn

PS Lish, did you read my request for your seller name on ebay??

Hello GALS: :wave:

SusanSporran: Those Highland games sound like a lot

of fun. And with lots of men in KILTS... :heat::cunning:

Lish: My gosh, that little guy is getting so big and

strong. What a cutie... :wow2:

Anna: Your pictures and poems are always so wonderful.

I did see the movie Stardust and just loved the scenery

in it. Say hello to Himself from me. :hugsnkisses:

Suzie: How is the big project coming along? I bought a set

of very tall book shelves once. My hubby and I put one

together then he went to bed. I put the other one together

while he slept. He was flabbergasted that I could do it myself. :nanana:

All my grandkids just had strep throat and were kind enough

to share with their grandma. How sweet of them...

But I feel much better now.

Well need to go do some housework.

Love you all

Debbie

P.S.: Is it December yet???

Edited by Trekkiegoober

Hey all my Galfriends..I am having a ball right now listening to "The Time Warp"...and preparing for my vampiress costume...I wonder why I chose to be a vampiress this year...maybe because of two sexy people lol...Gerracula and of course my 69 Eyes aka my Helsinki Vampires..yesterday was Jyrki's birthday so I had a blast wishing him a happy Bday....now I have to prepare for another sexy man's birthday and I think we will all be wishing him one. :tasty: Anyways I am doing ok right now...not on any meds anymore but I am still taking precautions. For now I must go and do some homework..so see you all love Galfriends later.

Paige

Yo, Gals! Just got home from work. Awesome story:

Morgan, one of the sales associates, has these 'friends' who sometimes come to the store to terrorize her and stuff. So, two of them came in today and Morgan saw them in the dressing room together and was pretty sure she saw them stealing some stuff. So she called security, but he got there a little to late, and she had gone after the two girls, so she said, "Tell the security guy I went after them," blah blah blah. So the security guy runs out. Then he comes back wiith two cops and they talked to Morgan and got a witness report and stuff. Apparently these two girls hit like, every store in the mall, because everyone was looking for her! But the girl got away, so Morgan gave the cops the girl's address and they went to her house with a search warrant and arrested her! w00t! Go Morgan!

So that's my exciting news for the day.

Yeah, Mel, how is the job hunt going???

Good night, Gals!! *huggles* to everyone!

Well, I finished the stupid media cabinet with just a few things left over I couldn't identify.....Don't ever ask me to fix a car! Anyway, the cabinet is level, the doors open and close, the shelves all fit, and my sore thumb should heal soon. I told ya nothing stops a Texan!

Huggles all around!

Suzie

Well, I finished the stupid media cabinet with just a few things left over I couldn't identify.....Don't ever ask me to fix a car! Anyway, the cabinet is level, the doors open and close, the shelves all fit, and my sore thumb should heal soon. I told ya nothing stops a Texan!

Huggles all around!

Suzie

:bow2: :goodjob2: :wow2: :baby:

Way to go Suzie:

We are all so proud of you....

Debbie

Huggles all around!

Suzie

:funnyabove:

Posted Image

Ladies, I bid you hello! I have been drowning in my writing... so that's my excuse for not posting the SC more often. There is no way I can keep up with all the goings on, as I am trying to make my self imposed deadline, but please know that I stop and and read when I can.

I just received word from one of my avid readers, that a young authoress is pretty much copying portions of my story into her POTO fan fiction. What a shock to hear that. She's really just a kid, and an amazing writer, so I felt really stupid in leaving her some comments. I was very gentle and hope that she will heed my advice.

This is why my husband urged me to stop posting my final chapters on-line. He is a wise man!

We are having a lovely and colorful fall this year.... my favorite season!

Any body anxious for new pics and info about G?????

Can you say..... drought?

I need me a tall glass of Gerry Juice!!!!

Swannie

Oh so good to hear Tim Tams have no equal. Noice!!! We love them but they do go to the waistline a bit. But they are oh so good for a bad mood LOL.

Busy day at work again. Have a sad story. I can't go to the Aussie con as Lara Croft. Have everything but couldn't find a jacket, either with a dragon or just a kung fu jacket. Drat. Anyway, decided to wear the POTO outfit I made for the 2006 Vegas con. Will remind me of all you lovely GALS.

K, now to go cook dinner.

Oh, and Anna, I put the soap under my pillow. Smells great and believe it or not, helps me sleep. Thanks!!! I l loved the poem too....so much to think about.....

Cat

Amber, that is one awesome story!! Hooray for Morgan nabbing those jerks!! Job hunt still pretty much the same...here's hoping...

Last night, after much frustration, I successfully reinstalled XP on my laptop. *muahahahaha* GOOOOODBYE VISTA!! I've had to reinstall all my software (which I expected) and all of my hardware as well (which I didn't expect), but it's coming along... Hooray!

Swannie, UGH about that chica... *frown* Don't they teach the wrongs of plagerisim anymore??

Dawn, good luck on your graft.... dinna go crazy from the immobile-ness!

Paige, a bunch of my friends are in a production of Rocky Horror right now... *unfathomable expression*

LOL Suzie! Media cabinets with extra pieces... sounds familiar to me! :D

~Mel

Hiya

Just wanted to drop by,

Abs, too late...already gone crazy!!

Swannie, that is so brutal that somebody is stealing your work, rock and a hard place huh?

Lish, thanks, I am very fond of ebay!!

Hugs

D

Hi Dawn! Hope you are on the mend.

Swannie, though waiting to read the final chapters of your book is agonizing for me, I have worried, like Bill has, about somebody stealing it and claiming it as their own. Is there anyway you can copyright what you have posted to date? I know you have documented, dated evidence as to when your wrote specific passages and perhaps a threat of legal action might persuade the phlegerist to cease and desist. You've worked too hard to have some bimbo claim your genius as her own. (Can you tell I'm mad?)

Hi to all. I don't post much here cause I simply can't keep up, but rest assured that I do catch up by reading everyones' posts - sometimes 4 or 5 pages at a time!

Lish, just wanted to tell you how amazing Brayan is looking. One would never know the humble and shakey beginning by looking at those fat, happy pictures! What a doll he is!

Hugs to all... Libby

I heard from the young lady this morning, and she apologized and promised she would rework her chapters, and take out all the similarities. Libby, I'm not sure about how to legally protect my story, and yes, I still have the original document on my computer.

Libby, once I have completed the first draft, my husband has advised me to take Chanson de L'ange down from the internet while we shop for a publisher. I really wish I had a printed copy of what I have so far, but my printer can't handle such a huge document.

Anyhow, this girl is really harmless.... but I'm glad I'm holding off on posting what I'm working on now.

Hi to everyone. I'm excited cuz my best girlfriend Melissa is doing so much better, so this Saturday, after I get my hair done, she and I are going to spend the whole day together, shopping, eating out, and going to a movie! It will be so good to see her feeling well and happy again.

Oh.... tomorrow, Diana arrives from Texas for five days with us! Whoo hoo! She is such a doll!

Hugs to all,

Swannie

Heya Swannie, I'm soooo glad to hear that Melissa is doing so well... she's been in my prayers! Naois, have fun in Oregon!!

Cat- I shared some TimTams with my family yesterday, and they absolutely loved them! *sigh* Thank you again!

~Mel

Hey Swannie,

There are some really simple ways to copywrite your material depending on the laws in your area. One of the simplest ways I've heard of is to mail a copy of it to yourself and not open it.

That way, the post date is proof of when the material was originally yours.

I think you just have to have untamperable proof that yours is the original.

How much would it cost you to copywrite it officially?

Oh so good to hear Tim Tams have no equal. Noice!!! We love them but they do go to the waistline a bit. But they are oh so good for a bad mood LOL.

:rotflmao: I just had my first one last night! :tasty:

:wave: all!

Dawn - hope the graft heals quickly and you are back to the horses soon. I'm sure they miss you as much as you miss them.

Swan - I know you can't print out the novel but I do hope you are backing it up to disk each time you add to it. Loss of all that work on your computer would be devastating should there be a hard drive crash. I know I lost a lot of photos stored on my old computer when the hard drive died, so now whenever I add a significant amount of new ones I make a CD of them. Even well-known published authors have been plagerized. I think the most "notorious" is Janet Daily's repeated plagiarism of Nora Roberts which spanned several years and many books, the last being Daily's "Notorious". I have read that Roberts was devastated by this, calling it "mind rape".